Aradhya ||Indian historical f...

By AmbikaBharadwaaj

||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Di... More

DISCLAIMER.
01| WEDDING IN THE HOUSEHOLD.
02| CHANGE OF PLANS
03| THE KINGDOM
03| THE KINGDOM (Continuation).
04| TROUBLE AT YOUR DOORSTEP.
05| WHERE LOVE RESIDES.
06| YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR STRENGTH.
07| HATEFUL COMFORT.
08| IN THE FACE OF THE CHANCE.
08| IN THE FACE OF THE CHANCE (continuation).
09| MAKING PEACE WITH THE FACT.
10| VOID OF RELATIONSHIPS.
10| VOID OF RELATIONSHIPS (continuation).
11| ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER.
12| TURNED-GOOD ACCUSATION.
12|TURNED-GOOD ACCUSATION.
13| THE ROYAL MONARCHY.
14| ALL HAIL THE HEIR.
15| THE PROPOSAL.
16| OPINIONS DON'T MATTER.
17| DRUNK MIND SPEAKS SOBER THOUGHTS.
18| RELATIONSHIP OVER SELF
19| THE PROMISE
20| THE LAST THING
21| IN THIS WITH YOU
22| A NEW SUN
23| ALWAYS A LOOPHOLE
24| I'LL FIND A WAY
25| TWO PATHS ONE KINGDOM
26| EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED
27| AREN'T HIS QUEEN ANYMORE
27| AREN'T HIS QUEEN ANYMORE (continuation)
28| VIOLENCE ISN'T JUST PHYSICAL
29| MYSELF OVER YOU
30| REDEEM
31| THE SOUND OF YOUR VOICE
32| MIND AND SWORDS
34| TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE
35| A MOMENT
~AESTHETICS~
||AUTHOR'S NOTE||
BONUS CHAPTER!
||LEGACY||

33| GREED ON ONE AND EMOTIONS ON ANOTHER

5.6K 269 14
By AmbikaBharadwaaj

Vihaan staggered back. His head spun while blood trickled down the wounds on his face to his lips. Amar walked up to him with bloodied knuckles. The two had lost their swords hours ago and were left with no choice but to brawl with their fists. Amar clearly had the upper hand as he went on aiming at Vihaan's face and ribs. Vihaan, though he was a great warrior, an excellent fighter, let his emotions take over him in such a crucial moment and Amar knew exactly how to exploit his weakness. 

"And do you really think you saved Aradhya from me? Do you think you gave her a better life? Look what you have done. You have just broken her into a couple of thousand pieces." Amar aimed another hit at Vihaan but this time he caught his fist.

Vihaan had a sad yet fiery expression in his eyes. He punched Amar in the ribs, over and over until Amar ultimately fell back with a small trickle of blood flowing from his lips. 

"I broke her? If you think that then you know her no more than I do. I didn't break her. I am not that strong. Neither are you." Vihaan caught his breath before again aiming sharp punches at Amar who found it difficult to attack back. 

But one way or another, both were great fighters and yet both had weaknesses of their own. While Amar was weak because of the greed, Vihaan was just weak because he was letting Aradhya get back into his mind over and over and over again. 

Amar was growing tired. He was close to losing, he was indeed going to lose to Vihaan. But could he? After all those years of scheming and waiting, would he really accept loss? And as clear as the answer was...Amar waited for his most efficient attack to be ready.

.   .   .   .

Both Darsh and Abhik were now side by side rather than against each other. They fought off the Dharini soldiers while only incapacitating the Shiladhikan soldiers. Abhik was considerate towards his own army. If he went killing his own army then he would be charged with treason.

Darsh on the other hand, though sceptical about Abhik's plans went along with it. He did have a reasonable plan but how well would he be able to execute it, was the question. 

Abhik was hellbent on winning this battle...yes. But from fighting on which side? Now it was clear that it wasn't from the side of Shiladhika nor was it from the side of Dharini. It is and had always been from the side of Ashokdhar.

Darsh swung his sword like there was no tomorrow, with a mind destined to win and win only. Abhik pushed his sword forward stabbing a soldier in his gut and pushing him away freeing his sword which dripped with blood. The two-faced their backs against each other as a whole throng of Dharini soldiers gathered them. They were outnumbered. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" Darsh asked while Abhik just squared his shoulders. 

"We fight as many as we can. We win or we lose no in between." 

Both of them jumped at their foes, less experience but lesser was their fear. The two fought and fought. Their strength started getting weaker as more of the enemies closed in. They shouldn't lose. If they did their plans will be nothing but plans. Darsh had another wound on his cheekbone while Abhik bled from his above his collarbone. 

Half a dozen soldiers came in at once at the two. For the first time, they cowered. They found it intimidating. It was, more or less, an uneven match. Both of them closed their eyes at the sudden assault. They waited for the swords to slash their skins and in the end decapitate them. All they heard was a clink against the many other ones. 

Chavi stood guard to them. She pushed the men away and got into a routine of assaults she learned from her mother. She got on the ground and aimed at the men's legs. A few fell and some still stood. She rose and dodged an attack. She smiled at the man and pushed her dagger deep into his neck with her other hand. The sound of flesh being cut was almost sickening as Chavi grabbed a man by his shoulders and drove her sword into his heart. 

She stood panting and then looked at the two guys who looked at her almost as if they had seen a monster. Her hair was unkempt and her clothing was nowhere near calm and silent. Her wardrobe screamed of blood and war. 

Chavi glared at both of them, "Last time I checked, you two hated each other." 

"Time changes people," Darsh said as he took a step closer to Chavi, involuntarily. Chavi cast a look at both of them. Her eyes ridiculed them without her mouth having to step in. A humorous glint shone in her eyes.

"Please...learn how to hold your own, I won't be there always." Chavi played with a silent smile on her lips before she walked off, headstrong into the battle. 

Darsh and Abhik shared a look. 

"She is a bit dangerous, isn't she?" Abhik barked out while he calmly fought off another soldier. 

"I don't think that was ever in question. She is probably the most dangerous woman I have seen so far..." Darsh kicked a soldier down. 

A few minutes later...Chavi again found her way back to the two princes. They didn't need help this time...they needed saving. 

Chavi again intervened and knocked down all the men. Both Abhik and Darsh were on the ground. Chavi rolled her eyes and sighed. She extended her hand to Darsh who gratefully took it. Abhik however got up on his own...it was a little awkward getting help from the person whose mother he helped kidnap. 

"You guys should really step up your game...I have other people to help. And how-" 

Chavi's tone was cut off by Darsh grasping her arm and pulling her towards him while he pushed his sword behind her. Chavi seemed shocked for a second and so was Abhik. He too had his sword behind Chavi stabbing a man who was out to attack Chavi. 

Chavi freed herself from Darsh's grip with a coy face. She looked to the man who fell behind her with his blades in both his heart and belly. She turned around again and caught Darsh smiling at her. It was not a genuine one but it surely was a sarcastic one. 

"You were saying?..."

Chavi just walked out of there after rolling her eyes at both of them. Darsh hid his smile and got back into stabbing and slashing the people who came at him. Abhik too shook his head, making fun of Darsh and Chavi in the slightest. He then again remembered that everything was about to go downhill in less than a few hours. And he knew that he needs to be ready for anything that would happen then.

.   .   .   .

Aagneya had fallen already. Rihit towered over him with his cutlass aimed at Aagneya's heart.

Rihit hadn't broken a sweat and yet had a few bruises and cuts spreading across his form. The outcast soldiers were of great help. They were more disciplined and well taught than Vihaan or Rihit.

"Stay down, Maharaj. The end is near already." Rihit looked over at where Vihaan and Amar fought to their fullest strengths. Amar was falling behind and Vihaan was gaining an edge in beating him. 

Aagneya smirked, "Yes, the end is indeed near. Nearer than it may seem." 

He cast a look at a cliff of the battlefield where Rihit saw Aradhya being dragged by Amar's men. She seemed weak and was in pain at how brutally the men handled her. She tripped a couple of times and earned a hit against her face.

Rihit threw a disgusted look at Aagneya and ran to save her. To get Aradhya before the men handed her off to Amar. 

Aradhya on the other hand endured. All the physical pain she was in, she bore. She had to bring a plan to action. She had all the chances to plunge her dagger into the man who dragged her by her hair. All the blows to her face and all the blood that spilt from her veins...all were unimportant to her as she had her eyes fixed on her prize, her revenge, her proof. 

The aura on the battlefield rose by a million. It got tenser more horrifying. Amar and Vihaan stopped in their tracks. While one's heart filled with utmost pleasure seeing the miserable, pathetic form of Aradhya, the other's heart filled up with every hint of hate, guilt, and worry. Vihaan froze in his tracks as he saw a buff man throw Aradhya to the ground. A pained grunt left Aradhya's lips. 

Rihit, Darsh, Abhik, Chavi and all gathered around looking at the scene. Everyone's face left colour. Amar picked Aradhya up with a blade in his other hand. He seized her arms behind her back giving no opening for an attack.

Aradhya quietly snaked her arms around her waist trying to reach her dagger. It was a hard feat trying to reach it while having her hand bound by Amar. Twelve years of bond...Amar knew Aradhya would attempt something daring. He shook in the head in disappointment and pulled the dagger out of Aradhya's waistband. 

"It is about time you opt for some other strategies, Aradhya. How long? How long will you keep trying to kill people with these puny daggers?" 

Aradhya's frustration reached her peak. She stirred around in his grip trying to break free. But Amar held her down with the help of his lackeys. Amar looked at Vihaan whose face showed sheer worry and fear. Amar wiped at his bleeding lip and smiled at Vihaan. 

"Why, Maharaj? Why won't you fight back now? She makes you weak, doesn't she? She makes you question your conscience, right?" Amar held his dagger at Aradhya's neck. Aradhya shot a side-eyed glare at Amar as he gradually pushed the dagger closer and closer. 

Vihaan was completely taken aback by this move Amar. He feared losing her. He already had lost Aradhya once he couldn't lose her forever. At this point, Vihaan started thinking like a husband rather than a king.

He caught Aradhya's eyes while he heard Amar's rant. Her eyes seemed to be telling something but Vihaan knew he couldn't do anything she said. He knew Aradhya would choose Ashokdhar over herself and Vihaan would choose the latter. 

"Drop your weapon, everyone. A single movement towards us and I won't hesitate to drive this blade into her neck." 

Chavi was confused. She knew her mother could easily get out of the hold which Amar had held her in but she saw Aradhya holding back. She knew Aradhya was more powerful than that. Across the scene, she caught Darsh's eyes who told her to calm down.

He dropped his weapon. In a second swords fell one after another to the blood-drenched field of Ashokdhar. Only two stood hesitantly. Chavi and Vihaan. 

Darsh somehow or another convinced Chavi to drop her sword too but Vihaan...he stood as if he was struck by lightning. 

"And for you, Maharaj...drop all the weapons you have on you. Get down on your knees, pledge this kingdom to me." Amar drew a thin line of blood from Aradhya's neck. 

"Stop! You said you won't really hurt her. Don't do this." Aagneya cried out as he realised he was just a fool who believed in a fibber though he knew thoroughly of his lies. 

"Maharaj Aagneya," Amar scoffed, "I am willing to pay any price to have this kingdom. Even if it includes me killing your daughter. now stay back unless you want to die too." Amar shifted his gaze back to Vihaan who seemed to have his gaze settled on Aradhya and her alone. 

"Kneel Maharaj. Give up your kingdom or give up on your wife." 

Vihaan snapped back into reality. He glowered at Amar who seemed to have been enjoying this too much. He was about to pounce on him and rip him to shreds but was cut short by Aradhya's voice. 

"No, Vihaan! Think. Your people are counting on you. You cannot let them down. You either save me or you save your people. You cannot risk this. You cannot choose me over them." Aradhya let out in a strained voice. 

"Like hell, I would let you die. I won't let you die." Vihaan tightened his grip around his sword. 

"Try to understand! I am only a mere woman. Why in the name of god would you not want to choose your people over me?!" 

"Because I love you!"

Both of them fell silent. Aradhya didn't know how to tackle that answer. She knew not if she was happy or absolutely upset. 

Amar let out a grunt of impatience, "Okay this is really taking away my time." Amar threw Aradhya to the ground. He stood cracking his knuckles. Amar's men held swords ready to kill Aradhya any second. Vihaan dropped to his knees in a submissive manner. He dropped his blades. 

"About time, Samrath Chakravarthy Maharaj Vihaan," Amar said. He stayed still beside Aradhya who lay on the ground with a very sly smirk. 

As Amar and all his men were distracted by the false victory they thought they had bagged, Abhik and Darsh effortlessly made two small blades reach Aradhya's hands. Chavi and Rihit noticed the movement of the two and grabbed her blades too without drawing attention. 

"Take your crown off-" Amar's voice was cut by his screams resounding like none other. Aradhya had plunged one blade into his foot making him bleed. Aradhya swiftly rose herself up and put another blade in his gut. 

The two princes got into action taking down Amar's men while Rihit and Chavi teamed up to fight off the Dharini soldiers who started attacking again. Vihaan also stood up ready to kill Amar but that seemed like a no big problem. Aradhya had already had it taken care of. Aradhya fought off Amar with a look on her face that could scare even the mightiest of warriors. 

Aradhya was getting tired out, she had to do what she had to. Quickly. 

"You witch..." Amar let out a struggled groan. Aradhya smiled at him. 

"You've known me for 12 years. Do you not know that tricks are my second nature?" Aradhya's eyes turned into a dangerous shade of black. She pulled Ama's sword out of its scabbard like it was no heavier than a feather and slashed it through the air and ultimately into Amar's neck.

Blood stained her hands as the commotion around them fell short. She sighed and panted as she saw Amar's head fall a foot away from where his body fell. 

The war was won.

🗡️

Hello everyone. Please forgive me if the action scenes were not that great. This is probably only my third time writing about any kind of fight and action. Sorry again if some of the scenes fell short. I hope you all won't mind. 

But apart from that, sorry for not updating sooner. It was a real challenge writing war scenes. 

Please let me know how you like the chapter and please drop a vote. It helps me tons.

Until next time 
With love
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 16.9K 77
Book 1 of "Arranged Marriage" Series Dive into this Arranged Marriage which is spicy, salty and sweet. They saw, they fought, they quarrelled and th...
921K 67.8K 35
β™‘Book one in Destiny seriesβ™‘ **If you are interested in cute and romantic story line then this the exact story** ************** "Meri aanko me hi dek...
3M 106K 73
#1 In India out of 45.8k stories #1 on Prince out of 40k stories #1 on Arrange marriage out of 27k stories #1 on Promise out of 8k stories #4 on Ha...
3.1M 124K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...