THE THING WITH SORROW - The U...

By abluejayyyy

"She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subt... More

The Scrapbook
The Beginning
The Day
-Snippets of The Past-
The Phone
-Snippets of The Past-
The Paranoia
-Snippets of The Past-
The Second Day
-Snippets of the past-
The Third Day
-Snippets of The Past-
The Missing Brother
-Snippets of The Past-
The Breakdown
The Intruders
The Van
The Adrenaline
The Empty Bottle
The Flashback
The Reveal
The Horror
The Plan
More Scrapbook Pages
Alone. Again
Broken Promises
Cigarettes and Ghosts
The Day That Never Was
Trouble Among Twins
Bells and Blood Stains
Bolt's Scared of Ghosts
Protective Sister Mode
Bloodstains and Bathroom Stalls
One-Woman Vanya Defender
- Snippets Of The Past -
The Final Act
Season Two
New Timeline, New Problems
Alone But Not Really
Still A Mess
Food and Fears
Disappointing Reuinions

- Snippets Of The Past -

1.3K 76 6
By abluejayyyy

■□■□■□■□■□

When it came to our names, Grace had been the one to choose them for us. All of us were too young to really understand the weight of what a name could hold, or the significance of even having one represent where you came from or what type of person you were destined to be.

When it came to Zero, however, she had flat out refused one.

It was sad to see, really, that bitter anger held in her little body ready to brandish as a weapon at any time and at anything. Grace had looked so sad when she'd stormed off upstairs, but we all knew it wasn't her fault.

It was the knowledge alone that Five wasn't at her side to get a name too that had made her decline one. It didn't feel right, being born together and raised attached at the hip, to then have half of the equation ripped away - she had said it wasn't fair that she would get one and he wouldn't - and so Five stayed as Number Five and Zero remained as Number Zero.

Years later, though, she confessed to me once that she regretted that decision as a kid. It took away a sense of normalcy she should have felt in her life, and so growing up without a proper name, it was just another thing that seperated her from everyone else.

She confessed she dreams sometimes that her name is something pretty and sweet and not at all like herself.

I think even now, she still regrets it, but a name would do nothing for her anymore. Only to a child who felt like nothing but a test subject, but those years had already passed.

And besides, in some round about way, I think it made her feel closer to Five. To not have a name, like him.

I don't think she could ever willingly let that tether go.

□■□■□■□■□■

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 574 56
(A/N: I might changed the titled but until now that was the best I could think of) "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet...
70.2K 1.8K 29
π’“π’†π’—π’†π’“π’Šπ’† ━━ (n.) a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts, ❛ a daydream ❜ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ ━ after saving the world in 1963...
177K 3K 35
(Number Five x Female OC) Highest Rankings: #1 #numbereight #1 #numberfive #1 #benhargreeves #1 #aidangallagher #1 #allisonhargreeves After one of...
87.7K 2.3K 35
Sequel to OUT OF SIGHT || NUMBER 5 x OC || BK. 1! [COMPLETED SEASON 2] "I'm just glad that at least we don't have to deal with the world ending for a...