Etymology

By CushiCushi

Remnant, a wide world full of huntsmen and huntresses. It was peaceful before a new threat appeared, and a ne... More

Redo
Prolouge
Wakey Wakey
Ruby Rose
The Shining Beacon

The Shinning Beacon chpt:2

239 7 1
By CushiCushi

(Hello there, I haven't updated this since when like 2022? It's been while, and I finally got back to this.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not going to follow what I had in mind from before when I wrote this. I took some time and just brainstormed an idea, so to be honest the concept for volume 1 to 6 are set.

They are confirmed to be finished and I know what to do with them. I'm also going to scratch whatever I began before, so to keep it ominous i'm going to recap if you forgot the story like me.

KItso fell from a portal in the sky, he crash lands on Remnant and meets Ruby and Yang. He lives with them before encountering Roman and meeting Glynda and Ozpin. From there they go to Beacon and begin their journey meeting Weiss and Blake, they begin the initiation soon. Oh and yes he starts of with the metal arm, its how he stopped himself from falling.

Got that? Nice, so to keep this up as my brain as a whole story in mind, let you know that it's still going to follow the RWBY timeline with important plots change small, or significant but you will still follow the main RWBY.)

--------------------------

Kitso, Jaune, and Ruby enter the room as students from all over the world were there, some chatting among their friends, others were looking at paper memorizing the school, and some were just standing there looking around like a 5-year-old. 

Kitso looks around as he took note of all the people in the school, he blatantly looks around some more before he spots a certain blonde girl waving at him. Yang was at one side of the room as she waves at Kitso, before blowing a kiss at him. Kitso simply stares at her before nudging Ruby as she looks at him and then at where Yang was at.

Ruby looks at Jaune who was like some of the others, staring around like a 5-year-old. Though he quickly snaps out of it when Ruby taps his shoulder. "Hey, I gotta go, I'll see you after the ceremony."

Kitso simply pats Jaune's shoulder. "Later Jaune, I'll catch up with you after."

"Hey wait!" Jaune simply said as he raised in arm at them.

The two walk away together as Jaune sighs to himself. "Great, where am I gonna find a nice Chad guy to talk to?" He walks over as a red-haired girl in Greek looking armor took a glance at him.

With Ruby and Kitso, they finally reunite with Yang as she lightly punched Ruby's shoulders. "How's your first day going sis? And Kitso." Yang asked as she winks at Kitso in the end.

Ruby crosses her arms as she glares as Yang" Oh since you ditched me and I exploded?"

"Yikes, meltdown already?" Yang said as she put her arms to her hips.

"And you too Kitso! You ditched me also!"

Kitso raised his arms in defense. "Hey, I said before, I didn't want to get involved. Not my problem."

"I literally exploded! You didn't come and help me! I made a crater at the front of the school, there was some fire. I think some ice?"

Kitso raises an eye as he stares at Ruby. "Ruby, are you being sarcastic?

Ruby scoffs "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled again, and I felt really-really bad, and I just wanted for her to stop yelling at me!"

"You!"

A scream behind Ruby makes her jump in Suprise to Yang, who catches her and carry's her bridal style. Behind Ruby was Weiss who had a stern glare at Ruby, leaning in and getting closer. 

"You're lucky we weren't blown of the side of the cliff!" Weiss said, pointing at Ruby roughly

"Oh my god you really exploded." Yang said as she looked at Ruby with a wtf face. Kitso having a more "oh" face as he simply watches the fight go on

"It was an accident" Ruby gets off of Yang and faces Weiss. "It was an accident!"

Though as she kept apologizing, a paper was put right into her face, having the title " Dust for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals"

Ruby simply stares at it confused. "What's this?"

"The Schnee Dust company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust company product, although not mandatory the Schnee family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy-to-follow guide application and practice in the field"

This took a moment for Ruby to process nothing, along with Yang and Kitso who all just stared at the paper. None made a response to the long paragraph Weiss had just stated, till Ruby tilts her head.

"Uh..."

Weiss narrows her look to Ruby. "You really want to start making things up to me?"

"Absolutely?"

"Read this and don't ever speak to me again" Weiss hands Ruby the paper of instructions.

Yang scratches her head as Kitso leans his head to see the paper Ruby had on her hands. 

"Look uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot, why don't you two just start over again?

"That might not work." Kitso whispered to Yang as he took the paper from Ruby's hand and began to read it.

"Oh I'm sure it would." Yang whispered back.

"Highly doubt it."

"Trust me, have I ever been wrong about making new friends?"

Have you ever been right?"

Ruby perches back up as she smiles again. "Yeah! Great idea!"

"No its not a great idea. Hey, she's not even listening. See Yang? This is why you're a bad role model." Yang simply squints at him with crossed arms. "Hey don't give me that look, this why you cant get a boyfriend, your just too wild."

"Yeah, well there's only one person that I know who can handle me~" Yang said with leaning over Kitso who simply stares at her.

"Yeah yeah, just do your flirts on me later." Kitso simply stated as he shoved Yang's face away from his.

The two look over to Ruby who seemingly had made no progress with Weiss as the two just simply stare at each other. Though that was all interrupted by a loud noise brought to by the speakers all around the room, this is what brought all the attention of the students to the stage where a single man stood there.

Kitso knew who it was as who could forget the grey hair of a young adult wearing something that possibly a man in their 30's would wear? Maybe he was in his 30's to Kitso the man was a mystery. 

"I'll...keep this brief. You have traveled here today to learn more knowledge, to train your skills and crafts and dedicate your life to protect the people." Ozpin stated as he stared into the large crowd the stared back at him.

Ruby couldn't help but look back at Yang and Kitso having a bright and excited smile on her face. Yang smiles back at her and winks at her, meanwhile Kitso was more focused on Ozpin as he gave his grand speech.

"But all I see is wasted energy when I look among you, energy that need purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you from this, but your time in the school will only prove that knowledge can only carry you so far."

Kitso simply stared at him, making no expression. The others, even Weiss looked at Ozpin slightly startled, or to better describe it, shocked in confusion on what he had said. Though not for Kitso as he only stared more at him. Though to finally cure his boredom, Ozpin stares back at him. He smiles at him and only say's one sentence.

"It is up to you to take the first step."

With that last sentence Ozpin backs up from the mic and walks away as not even a single sould claps for him. Everyone was more of startled than anything else. All except for Kitso who was more of just in a calm and reasonable state. Though till Glynda comes up to the stage and taps on the mic.

"You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Your initiation begins tomorrow, be ready and on time. Dismissed."

 Everyone took that signal and walked away from the crowd towards any hall that would lead to the ballroom. Jaune could be seen as he stumbles with the crowd looking left and right for any gap to escape.

Yang who stood in between Kitso and Ruby messes with her hair just shrugs of the confusion while look at the two. "He seemed kind of, off...Like he wasn't even there."

Kitso looks at her not responding and so does Ruby, Weiss who was apparently still there for some reason doesn't respond either but listens in on Yang. Though their attention was quickly diverted by another person who came to but in.

"I'm a natural blonde you know." Jaune said as he leaned in on Weiss. Which Weiss simply responds by face palming herself.

~*#*~

Night had struck by the time Kitso was changed and ready for bed. He walked out from the boy's restroom as he had taken a look around the ballroom already. Hundreds of sleeping bags were huddle with people already making groups to chat and sleep next to, he had seen a few couples cuddling together and others messing around laughing. He knew what they were doing, obviously the groups were those picking partners out, to see who they would like and to see who they should avoid. though not everyone was like that, as there were others who were possibly childhood friends and others who were brothers or sisters.

Though he knew that he was safe from any type of group, since no-one had bother to come and even say hi to him. He wore some baggy pants and a baggy long-sleeved shirt to hide his body. He was still struggling with interactions and he wasn't the type to wear just pants when sleeping in public. Plus it was cold inside and he need some warmth that didn't include his armor

With nothing more to do he heads over to where Yang and Ruby are, but spots someone else in a corner. Blake, reading a book as a candle was lit to her side. She wore a bedroom robe as she was in her own space and mind. Blake's spots him and smiles, giving him a small wave, Kitso responds with the same thing, though he heads out and lies down next to Yang ad Ruby who were already chatting about boys and girls.

"It's like a big slumber party!" Yang states as she drops onto her sleeping bag with a loud thump.

"I'm sure dad wouldn't approve of all the boys here." Ruby said as she laid on her stomach

"I know I do, gets me a perfect image of what the boy I want is like underneath that clothing." Yang said with a flirty gr. She looks out in the crowd with sights of shirtless boys, though she reels back when she see's Jaune in his onesie.

Ruby rolls her eyes at Yang's response, as Kitso leans to take a look at Ruby's paper, "What you writing there Rubes?"

"This? It's just to keep in touch the gang back at Signal, y'know let them know how things are going in Beacon."

Yang smiles widely, "Awwwww~ That's so cute!"

She gets a pillow thrown at her face

Ruby huffs "Shut up! I didn't get to bring my friends along, It's weird not knowing anyone here."

"Oh don't be like that! You have Jaune! He's eh...nice!"

Kitso buts in "Don't do Jaune like that, he's a nice guy"

Ruby sighs as she lies on her back, "Yeah, he's nice, but then theirs Weiss who hates me, pretty sure that's a -1 friends. back to zero."

"Don't be like that! You've just made 1 friend and one...enemy "

Another pillow gets thrown at Yang

"Don't be like that, It's only the first day here. Everyone around here is your friend you just haven't met them. I'm sure that it will be fine." Yang said shoving the other pillow off her face.

The two girls argue back and forth as Kitso simply watches from the side, he cracks a small smile as he lies on his back. He wonders to himself.

"How long will I be here for? Ever since I crash landed to this universe how are things out there? When will they find me?" Kitso looks around as he see's all the people around him, he sees their smiles and their frowns. "What will happen to them if I stay to long? Will the enemy use them against me?"

He continued to ponder his thoughts, but snaps out with the sudden light in the corner of his eye. He looks and finds that Blake had a candle lit next to her as she sat down continuing to read the book she had earlier. Though to his main surprise was when he see's Yang drag Ruby by the leg, waving like a idiot to Blake as the Faunus girl simply looked confused with what she was looking at.

Yang smiles widely as she lets go of Ruby's leg. "Helooo~!"

Ruby gets up from the floor patting herself down and standing straight before Yang continues her social experiment.

"I believe that you to know each other?"

Blake squints her eyes before responding. "Aren't you that girl who blew up at the entrance."

Ruby straightens herself, fixing her throat and beginning to introduce herself in a awkward first  impression. "Yeah, the name's Ruby Rose. But you can call me crater....Ruby is just fine"

Yang leans sideways to Ruby and whispers, "What are you doing?!"

"I don't know help me!" Ruby whispers back.

Yang stands straight again, with a struggling smile. Her idea of Ruby's first interaction wasn't going so great, she had to start some progress. "So...Whats your name?"

"...."

Blake didn't respond, she wanted the two to go away. It was supposed to be simply herself and her book, nothing more and nothing less. She sighs as she takes a glance up and finds Kitso far away waving his arms making signs. She stared at him, she thinks she can understand what he's trying to say.

"Get along please" "Their hopeless" "Please be kind" "Give me a break from the two please" "Are you getting this?" 

Blake got the gits of it, she takes a look at her book before finally responding. "...Blake"

Kitso gives her a thumbs up before disappearing somewhere else.

Yang smiled as she thinks she had finally made some progress with the situation. "Blake, well I'm Yang, Ruby's older sister...I love your bow tie."

"Thanks."

"It goes great with your...pjamas."

"Right"

Yang can only give a look of concern and nervousness to Ruby, unsure of how to continue this conversation. Though Yang being Yang, still won't give up yet.

"Its a wonderful night is it not?"

"Yes its a really wonderful night, almost as wonderful as this book I'm reading."

The sisters stare

"That I will continue to read."

The sisters stare

"As soon as you leave."

"Yeah okay this girl is a lost cause, I'd say we hightail it out of here and forget about our pathetic moment."

Ruby ignores Yang's response, her eyes fixed more on the book than anything. "Whats it about?"

Blake looks up confused by her response. "Sorry?

"Your book, does it have a name?"

Blake startled by the questions takes a second to process the moment, "It's about a man with two souls, both fighting for control over the body."

Yang shrugs as she looks away, her tired brain not comprehending anything smart anymore. "Yup, thaaat sounds real lovely."

Ruby and Blake have their own conversation as Yang had failed her part, and mostly had left the chat with her measly interaction. Ruby buts back, "I love books, my sister would always tell me stories when she put me to bed back then when I was younger."

Ruby looks up, remembering all the stories Yang had told her back when she was 5. Each book running back into her mind, she can remember her little mind excited back then, filled with dreams and happy little goals. "Yang told me many stories, the heroes in them, and then the evil in them both having a importance in the book. It inspired me, its one of the reasons why I want to become a huntsmen."

Blake raised a brow, "Why? Do you hope you can live happily ever after when your story ends?"

"I'm hopping we all do, its been my dream to become a huntsman. To go out and adventure into the great dangers to discover things that haven't been found," Ruby smiles to herself. "And to protect the innocent who can't protect themselves, I want to become a person that can look at a person and say "I'll protect you"

Blake smiles at Ruby's response, "That's very noble of you," She pauses as her smiles soon disappears. "Though its different when you face the harsh reality, nothing is ever going to go as planned and things could only get worse from there on."

Ruby, still standing, gives her final response. "I know that's why were here at Beacon, so become what we can become. Isn't that why you joined? To become better than what you are right now? To protect others when they need help?"

Blake remains silent, pondering the question with her heat in it. though it was quickly cut of. 

"Oh, look at my sister!" Yang puts one arm around Ruby's shoulder, "I think Kitso rubbed of some of his attitude onto you!"

Ruby gets red from her sisters actions, "Oh hush you! Stop embarrassing me, I finally said something cool for the day!"

Blake's ears twitched beneath the ribbon. "Kitso? You two know him?"

The sisters stop their bickering and look at Blake. "Yeah, hes been living with us for some time. Do you got something with him." Yang asked with her expression getting more curious.

Blake gets a hint of red on her face, "N-N-no, its nothing, just asking. He helped me around the school today." She hides her face behind the book she was reading.

"Oh yeah, you two were walking together before you came in at the crater." Ruby stated with a poker face. 

Yang gives Ruby a face of question "What?"

"Yeah the two were walking together and seemingly had-...." Ruby stops to look at Blake, more serious with eyes squinting to spy Blake out. "What were you two talking about anyway?"

Blake looks away, "Well..."

~*#*~

Kitso stared with a poker face, questioning everything he had knew about Jaune till now.

"Jaune what are you wearing?"

"Whats wrong with it? It's my pjamas."

Kitso stood in front of Jaune as the boy sat down crisscrossed on his sleeping bag. "Jaune what I'm looking at is the pinnacle of virgin, you are the Cleopatra of Virgin."

Jaune made a look of shock, so shock that he let out a loud gasp as he flinched back. "What do you mean? Its perfect! It's comfy! It's the one thing that makes me feel like home!"

"You're home never taught you something called growing up?"

"ell for your information I am a fine teenager, who is attending Beacon academy!"

Kitso pinches the bridge of his nose as he lets out a sigh. "Jaune, I barely know you for a day and I trust you more than anyone else in this room. So as your now official friend I'm am going to fix the mess that is your life. Starting now."

Kitso grabs Jaunes leg as he dragged him back to the bathroom.

"Kitso! what are you doing man?"

"I'm going to fix you, you said something along the lines of wanting to get girls no?"

Jaune fails to grip the floor as he only gets dragged closer and closer to the bathroom, others have noticed the two boys messing around

The poor blonde could only wail as he gotten dragged away into the dark abyss.

The lights go dark as everyone had covered themselves with the sleeping bags. The next day was soon to come.

God damn its been a year since I wrote this shit. 

half of this chapter as been sitting in my profile for the whole year, I only editited things out and finished the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 527 12
A request from ARCtrooper70. The General plot is the following which may or may not be tweak: Male Ruby Rose but in the Grimmverse AU. Starts with...
10.7K 133 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
62.6K 1.2K 32
After a tragic event that left (Y/N) (L/N) alone and afraid, there was only one place where he could go: The Belladonnas. He took on the role of a...
100K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...