SECRETS - SHERLOCK BBC - ENGL...

By IamLyraStark

Olivia runs away to London alone, but what will happen when she has to share a flat with an old childhood fri... More

CHAPTER ONE: LONDON
CHAPTER TWO: DEDUCTIONS
CHAPTER FOUR: POOL
CHAPTER FIVE: JELOUSY
CHAPTER SIX: EMPATHY
CHAPTER SEVEN: BASKERVILLE
CHAPTER EIGHT: INTERROGATION
CHAPTER NINE: THE FALL
CHAPTER TEN: REUNION
CHAPTER ELEVEN: FAMILY
CHAPTER TWELVE: WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ALLEY

CHAPTER THREE: BOOM!

4 0 0
By IamLyraStark

-Boring! - Sherlock said as he shot at the wall. John took the gun away from him. - I don't know what's wrong with criminals, it's a good thing I'm not one of them.

-And you take it out on the wall? - I asked him as I entered 221B.

-The wall deserved it. - He replied.

- And the crime of the Belarusian? - John asks.

-It's not worth my time. - What a man.

They started talking about the head of the fridge and John's blog. All I could think about was my father.

-What does it matter that the earth revolves around the sun? - I looked at him in amazement.

-Don't you know that the earth revolves around the sun?

-This is my hard drive, and I only put useful things on it, really useful things. People fill their heads with junk, and I fill it with real stuff.

-But it's the Solar System! - said John amused, I couldn't help laughing. Sherlock curled into a ball and curled up on the sofa.

John came out of the flat to "get some air". Mrs. Hudson came in.

-You should wrap up warmer, it's cold outside. - Mrs. Hudson said when she saw John leave. I got a message.

Meet me at the bakery next door, it's urgent.

JM

-I'm going out for some fresh air too. - I said to both of them, and walked out without further ado.

Yes, I should have taken a coat. Still, I walked towards the bakery, nervous about what James had to tell me.

...

-We didn't have much time to talk at the airport. - Jim was telling me. - I just wanted to see you for a while and hear about your arrival in London.

-Nothing interesting, a fight with my dad and not much else. - I spoke as I munched on a chocolate cake. - He had a couple of run-ins with the government, and I had to choose sides. Let's just say I wasn't happy with either of them and I left. - I just said.

-What do you say we take a walk? - he asked me as he put a note on the table and called the waiter to pick it up. I agreed and we got out of there.

We went to a nearby park, and he started counting.

-I should tell you something, but promise you won't run away, or hit me, or yell at me like you're my mother. - He said with a mischievous, but amused smile.

-What have you done now Jimmy?

-Let's just say that my job is not going to be much fun for you. - I looked at him without knowing what he was talking about. - After leaving that hateful boarding school and the university, I felt that the world was missing... Spicy. - he paused, to dramatise the speech even more. - So after a few contacts and calls I became a consulting criminal. - I broke away from him.

-What are you talking about, James? - I didn't like the direction the conversation was taking.

-Sherlock is a consulting detective, I'm a consulting criminal. People have problems and I solve them. - He said bluntly.

-Do you kill people? - I asked.

-It's not like you've been a saint either, kitten. - I looked him straight in the face.

-I was forced to, you idiot. - Suddenly, he grabbed my shoulder with force.

-Stop joking with me, Olivia. Say one word to the police or Sherlock and you won't like what will happen to you. - He threatened me.

-You know you don't intimidate me. - I gave him a cold look. - I'm fond of you, don't ruin it.

-I'm warning you because I admire you, not because I hate you.

-Don't do anything stupid, I don't want to see you behind bars. - I said, tapping him on the shoulder.

Everyone went their own way, until I heard an explosion.

...

-Sherlock? - I ran into the flat, followed by John. There were Mycroft and Sherlock, violin in hand, sitting quietly in the armchairs.

-Are you all right? I saw it on TV. - said John.

-Apparently it was a gas leak. - Sherlock was looking at his brother.

-Can't you? - Mycroft asked.

-I've got something on my hands, I can't waste time.

-Stop trivialising, this is of national importance. -Mycroft was irritated.

-How's the diet? -I couldn't help smiling.

-Very well. - Mycroft was pissed off.

-Maybe you guys can convince him. - Mycroft told us. - Apparently my brother is very stubborn.

-Why don't you do it? - Sherlock asked.

-Oh no, no, no, no, I can't get out of the office for a moment with the Korean elections and.... Well, you don't need to know that, do you? Besides, a case like this requires meticulousness.

They were still talking, until it dawned on me.

Jim.

While they were talking I wrote to him.

Was it you? Don't you understand about staying out of trouble? Were you stalling me?

OS

* Seen*

I slammed the phone down in frustration. Mycroft got up from his seat and handed us some papers. He began to recount something about a case, a man who was found on the train tracks with his head smashed to pieces.

-You wouldn't be here if it wasn't important. - I said.

-The Ministry of Defence is working on a new defensive missile, the programme is called Bruce Partintong, the plans were on a USB stick.

-It's not very clever. - said John.

- It's not the only copy, but it has disappeared. - Mycroft commented.

-Top secret? - I asked.

-Very. We think West took the memory, we can risk it falling into the wrong hands. You've got to get those plans, Sherlock. Don't make me make you. - Mycroft was still talking. Sherlock was still busy with his violin.

-I'd like to see how you do it. - Sherlock replied.

-Think about it. - Mycroft turned to us. - Goodbye John, Olivia. - he said, shaking our hands. - See you soon. - he said with a smile.

...

The ringing of the phone interrupted Sherlock and John's conversation about why he hadn't taken Mycroft's case. Sherlock picked it up, and his face lit up.

-Lestrade, request my services. Are you coming? - Sherlock asked us.

-Of course, if you want to. - John replied.

-Of course I want to. I'd be lost without my blogger. - He paused and looked at me when he saw I wasn't moving. - What are you waiting for Olivia?

-I thought you didn't want a brat with you. - I replied with a smile.

-As snotty as you are, your deductions can be helpful. Let's go. - I smiled at her.

...

Lestrade told us about the small box that had been left behind after the explosion. Sherlock inspected it. Inside was the famous Studio in Pink mobile phone.

-Study in Pink? Do you read his blog? - Sherlock asked Lestrade in annoyance.

-Of course! You really don't know that the Earth revolves around the sun? - Donovan and I were laughing.

-It's not the same phone. It's new, but someone's gone to a lot of trouble to make it look the same. That means your blog has a huge readership.

A message arrived on the phone. A picture of some kind of basement. Sherlock and I looked at each other, we knew where it was.

Mrs. Hudson had given me a tour of the flat, and had just shown me that dusty little room.

-What are the beeps? -

-A warning. - Sherlock and I said in unison.

-Some societies were sending dried melon pips, orange seeds and things like that. - I counted.

-Five units. They're warning us that it's going to happen again. - Sherlock said.

-What's going to happen again? - John asked.

-Boom! - replied Sherlock.

...

A phone call. A crying lady and some trainers.

We were at Bart's, trying to get clues from the trainers.

-Who do you think it was, the woman on the phone? - John asked.

-She doesn't matter, she's just a hostage. - Sherlock replied coldly.

-Sherlock! Don't be like that! - I shouted at him. He looked up from the microscope and looked at me with some disgust.

This was all Jim's doing. The Jim I knew was a good guy, with bad ideas, but I never thought it would come to this.

A beep indicated that the tests had been successful. With that, the door to the room burst open, revealing a young, short, brown-haired woman. Behind her...

I'm gonna kill him.

-I'm sorry, I didn't know...

-Jim! Come in, come in. - the young man entered the room, receiving several glances from everyone. - This is Sherlock Holmes. And these are...

-John Watson and Olivia Prince. - I greeted the woman. I don't know why, but I liked her. I gave Jim a grimace, followed by a disguised "I'm going to kill you" face.

-So you're Sherlock Holmes? - he said in an innocent voice. This was not the Jim I knew. - Molly's told me all about you. Is he on one of your cases?

-Jim works in IT, that's how we met, a work flirt. - she said. I kept looking at Jim with a murderous look on my face. Sherlock looked him up and down and asked:

-Gay. - Molly's face changed. I was inwardly choking with laughter.

-I'm sorry? - she said offended.

-Nothing, hey. - I spoke again.

At that moment Jim threw a tray and Sherlock, about to hit him, looked at him with disgust. John snorted and turned away.

-Sorry, sorry. - Jim kept repeating. - I'll see you at the Fox. Six o'clock or so? - he said to Molly, and she nodded. - Bye everyone, nice to meet you. - he said to Sherlock, and she didn't reply.

-That means the same thing," I told them. - I told them. Jim walked out of the room.

- What do you mean gay? We went out together. - Molly said.

-I know and it shows, you've put on six pounds. - Sherlock replied unsentimentally.

-Sherlock! - I shouted at him.

-One and a half. - Molly was angry. - He's not gay, why are you bothering me!

-Have you seen when he grooms himself? -Have you seen when he grooms himself?

-Because he uses a hair product? -Because he uses a hair product? I use it too. - John replied.

Sherlock began to deduce why Jim was apparently gay. I was just thinking about poor Molly, I could tell Sherlock was insensitive to her.

-And the fact that he's left his phone under this plate, if I were you I'd leave it now and save myself the tears. - I swear I'd punch him if I could. Molly ran out.

-Are you stupid or what! - I shouted at her, running after Molly.

...

Molly was crying in the hospital corridor. I approached her slowly.

-Molly. - I called out to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She raised her head, and looked at me with red eyes. - I'm sorry about what happened. Sherlock is a complete idiot, believe me. He doesn't control what he says, but deep down he's very fond of you. - She gave me a weak smile in return. - If you need anything, I'm here. - I said with my hands on her arms. Surprisingly, she gave me a hug.

-Thank you. - she said when she broke away. I gave her my number and promised to meet her soon to go somewhere.

...

-James! - I shouted when I saw Jim at the end of the hall. He looked up at me smiling innocently. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a corridor where there was no one. - What's wrong with you! - I was really angry.

-Come on, kitten, I'm trying to get closer to your dear Sherly. How cool is my costume? - she said, running her hands over her body. I couldn't help but laugh, it was surreal. - Let go of me now. - he said, pulling away.

-Be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you and you know it. - I said apologetically.

-You know I'm invincible, honey. - he said amused. His look changed to a more sincere one, and he looked me in the eyes. - Don't worry. Don't think for a moment that by being with Holmes I'm going to hurt you. You know I wouldn't be able to. - I smiled at him, and gave him a hug. He returned it with a little... Fear? - Okay, okay, enough. - he said, pulling me apart. I gave him a grateful look and said goodbye.

-Don't do anything stupid, nothing bigger than what you're already doing. - I told him before I left.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 3.2K 200
( Sherlock x female character) Follow the original series but with a twist... What will life become for one Dr John H. Watson and General Michelle...
5.4K 241 10
Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, and Anita O'Malley travel to Dartmoor to unravel the mystery of a hound from hell. Sherlock has still yet to do anythi...
138K 5K 82
In need of a change of environment, Alice Whitmer finds herself travelling to London. On her first day in her new flat, she meets Sherlock Holmes and...
739 35 19
Set after season 4, a new character enters 221B Baker Street. You are cunning and clever- and trying your hardest to remain out of trouble. Problem i...