๐—•๐—”๐—•๐—ฌ ๐——๐—”๐——๐——๐—ฌ || haikyuu

By -ASTRAGAZER

โ๐™Ž๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก-๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š ๐™—๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™–๐™™๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ?โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH the author writes one-shot s... More

๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—˜ (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฐ๐˜ป๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ)
๐—ฆ๐—ฃ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ง๐—ฆ ๐——๐—”๐—ฌ (๐˜ธ.๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ซ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข)
๐—•๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ง ๐—–๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ฆ (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ข)
๐—•๐—”๐—•๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ก๐—— ๐—•๐—”๐—•๐—ฌ (๐˜ต. ๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ)
๐—˜๐—ซ๐—ฃ๐—˜๐—–๐—ง ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—จ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ซ๐—ฃ๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—˜๐—— (๐˜ด. ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ข)
๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—ฅ๐—”๐—ช๐—•๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ ๐—ฃ๐—˜๐—”๐—–๐—› (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ต๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข)
๐——๐—ฅ. ๐—ฆ๐—จ๐—š๐—”๐—ฅ (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข)
๐—ก๐—ข ๐—ฆ๐— ๐—ข๐—ž๐—œ๐—ก๐—š (๐˜ด. ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ)
๐— ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ ๐— ๐—˜ (๐˜ด. ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต 2)
๐—œ'๐—  ๐—˜๐—ก๐—ข๐—จ๐—š๐—› (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช)
๐—ข๐—ก๐—œ๐—š๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—œ ๐— ๐—œ๐—ฌ๐—” (๐˜ฐ. ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜บ๐˜ข)
๐—ž๐—œ๐—ก๐—š'๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ก๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ช (๐˜ต. ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข)

๐—•๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ง ๐—”๐—–๐—˜ (๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ)

16K 544 132
By -ASTRAGAZER

Your son had expressed a love for volleyball at the tender age of two when he watched his daddy's match for the very first time. He was so in awe that your son, who had always been talkative much like his dad, was silently watching the match with big curious owl-like eyes.

And on his third birthday he asked his dad for a volleyball as a gift. He used that volleyball every single day, he even slept with it, he said it's his favorite thing in the whole wide world since it was a gift from daddy.

On his fourth birthday he asked his dad to enroll him at a volleyball training club, the best one in the City. Your son got in not because of his dad's connections, but because of his skills. He didn't fall behind the other kids, even when most of them are a year or two older than him.

A year later after proper training, on his fifth birthday, your son asked his dad something else.

"A challenge?" you asked one morning, during breakfast when Bokuto told you about what your son asked him yesterday.

That's right, the Bokuto Koutarou of MSBY Black Jackal is your husband. You two had known each other since way back in high school. He had always been playful and cheerful, that it took you awhile to realize his feelings for you because you always thought he was like that to everyone and that you're nothing special.

But Bokuto made you feel the most special woman in the world more than any word can describe.

"Sora asked you what?" you asked again, your son, Sora, apparently wanted to challenge his dad on his birthday which is today.

"Our son asked me to play volleyball."

"With him?"

"Against him," Bokuto said. "And see who's the better volleyball player."

Before you can say anything, however, you heard footsteps coming down the hallway and your son, Sora, came to the kitchen. He's wearing his favorite Black Jackal jersey of his favorite Pro Volleyball Player.

"Good morning mommy."

Which is not his dad. His favorite Pro Volleyball Player isn't his dad.

"Good morning, Sora!" you greeted, hugging him as he rubbed his eyes while Bokuto looked at his son's oversized jersey.

"Sora," he called. "You know, you could wear daddy's jersey too, right?"

"Hmmm?" the boy mumbled before he turned to Bokuto. "Good morning daddy."

"You really like him that much, do you?" Bokuto asked. "Daddy's getting sad."

"Daddy, don't be sad, I like y–" the boy stopped abruptly before his eyes widened and he looked at Bokuto. "Daddy, today's the day!"

"Yes! Today's the day!" Bokuto said. "That the son challenges his father."

"That the student surpasses his master," Sora added.

While you, on the other hand, looked at the two who resemble each other in more ways than one, both physically and, well, mentally.

"Alright, before anything else, why don't you two finished breakfast first?"

"Yes, mommy!" Sora said, followed by Bokuto.

"Yes, Y/n-chan!"

After breakfast, you three went out in celebration of your son's fifth birthday. It was just a simple family lunch date in Sora's favorite barbecue restaurant, which coincidentally, is also Bokuto's favorite restaurant around the City so the two really did enjoy themselves.

Soon after that, later that day, while driving you realized Bokuto was heading to a certain place. You looked at him and he must have seen you from his peripheral vision that you noticed the upturn of the side of his lips.

"Daddy," Sora said. "Where are we going?" He was looking out the window, curious as to where his dad was driving to.

"Right, Koutarou, where are we going?" you asked, but judging by the tone of your voice, Bokuto knew you already knew where.

"Sora said he wants to challenge daddy in a game of who is the better volleyball player," he said, averting his gaze to the mirror to look at the boy briefly. "So we're going to a place that's quite special to daddy."

"And that place is?" Sora asked, leaning forward before he averted his gaze ahead when the car started to slow down. "A school?"

Bokuto nodded, smiling even widely before Sora said something.

"But mommy said daddy didn't like studying."

You looked away from Bokuto who looked at you, mouth hanging open in shock.

"Well, I mean, it's not like it's not true," you muttered before turning around to look at your son. "But you know, Sora, school isn't just a place to study. It's also a place to join clubs and meet people with the same interest as you."

"And school can also be a place where you'll meet your future wife."

You looked at Bokuto as the car halted and he turned to look at you before he winked. You felt your face heating up, even when he says things like this often, you still couldn't get used to it. You don't want to get used to it.

"So, why are we here?" Sora asked as you three stepped outside the car.

Bokuto went to the back of the car and took out a volleyball and a paper bag with jerseys and other volleyball gears.

"We're going to settle the challenge here," Bokuto said, throwing the ball to Sora who caught it. "The Fukurodani Volleyball Gym where the great Ace played."

"The great Ace?" Sora asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Ah, you meant Uncle Konoha?"

"No, son, it's me. I'm the great Ace."

"Your daddy's among the Top Five Aces in the nation back in the day," you said and your son looked at you before he slowly looked at Bokuto.

And with the most casual tone of voice the boy said, "So, he didn't make it to the Top Three?" he turned around, putting the ball on his shoulder as he shrugged. "Oh well, once I enter Fukurodani, I'd make sure to be in the Top Three, no, I'd make sure to be the Number One Ace just like him."

"Who?" Bokuto asked. "That shrimp? Sora, he wasn't even an Ace!"

But the boy is already walking ahead, as if he didn't hear what his dad said.

"Babe, how did you manage to sneak us in here?" you asked, walking towards Bokuto as you took the paper bag.

"I told you, I was their best Ace," he said before pecking your lips and then walking past you to catch up with his son while you stood there, shaking your head, a smile on your lips before you noticed something.

"I guess it wasn't just us he managed to sneak in here."

The two hadn't entered the gym when you caught up to them and when you three finally entered the nostalgic place for you and Bokuto, it wasn't the silence of the empty Fukurodani gym that greeted you.

It was the yells of familiar people whom you've known as far back in high school. All of the former Fukurodani volleyball club during Bokuto's generation was there, and not just them, but Bokuto's current teammates in MSBY are present as well.

"Happy Birthday, Sora-kun!" they all said in unison before the boy turned to Bokuto.

"It would be fun to play with others. Volleyball is a game where all six players are essential for the team."

You took the jerseys before handing them to Bokuto. "Here you go."

"Thanks, wifey!" he said before excusing himself to change.

"Sora," you called your son who had been looking at one particular player before he turned to you. "You need to change your clothes first."

He nodded, taking the paper bag and excusing himself as well.

The teams were composed of the current MSBY Black Jackal players on Sora's side, while the other had Bokuto and his former Volleyball teammates during high school.

"What position do ya play, Sora-kun?" one of the players, whom Sora recognized as the guy with a funny accent, asked.

"Bokuto-san said he's the setter of his team."

"Oh?" Atsumu said as he rubbed his chin.

But Sora is not staring at Atsumu. "Daddy...told you?" he asked slowly and the guy smiled so bright Sora thought it made him look like a beaming sunbeam, if that makes sense.

"Yep! But Sora-kun, we already have a setter. This guy right here is our setter."

"Ah, then," Sora said, turning back to Atsumu. "I'll be the libero."

"Good! Then, let's start our strategy."

While someone was talking, Sora would look at the guy with orange hair from time to time, and whenever he saw Sora looking at him, he would smile.

After a while the game started. It was just one set with only 15 points instead of 25. Even when Sora is the team's libero, the Black Jackal players made sure to receive the spike or set, but Sora was able to steal some receives and they were surprised that he managed to receive them quite well.

"Hey," one of the guys said after the half-time break. "Is it just me...or is your dad taking this seriously?"

"Man, his spike was as hard as during official matches."

"What if he spiked it straight at Sora-kun?"

"Then," Sora said, making the guys look at him. "I will just receive it. If I can't, then I'll lose."

"Sora-kun! Your dad's spike might tear your little limbs!"

After the break, it was Bokuto's turn to serve, no one was able to receive the ball. Sora tried, but he wasn't fast enough as the ball came whooshing past him.

"Sora-kun! Are you alright?" the players asked as the boy sat up.

"Yeah," he said, nodding his head. "I didn't get it. I'll get it next time."

But the next time Bokuto served, the ball touched Sora's arms but it was too powerful for the boy. Although the serve was far less powerful than the first one.

They say the third time's the charm, and so the third time Bokuto served, Sora was able to receive it and Atsumu was able to set it perfectly for the wing spiker to spike.

"Woah, that was a perfect aim," Atsumu said. "The kid's got a future for being a libero."

But Sora was not trained to be a libero. He has a perfect aim because he's a setter. And he proved it when Atsumu received the first serve and he didn't have time to set so Sora, without stepping past the line, set the ball towards his favorite MSBY player.

"Go, little giant!" Sora yelled before the ball was spiked on the other end of the court, ending the match with the score 15-13 in favor of Sora's team.

"That was..." Hinata slowly said before he turned to look at Sora. "the best spike I received in today's match!"

"Since it's your birthday, I'll let him say that," Atsumu said, smiling at Sora before rubbing his hair and then walking off.

Sora made his way to Hinata before he took a white knee pad and a pen.

"Excuse me..." he asked and Hinata turned to him. "Can you sign this? Please?"

"Oh? Sure!" Hinata said, taking the pen and signing the knee pad before looking at the other one. "That one too?"

"Oh, no," Sora said, shaking his head. "I'll have the best Fukurodani Ace sign this."

Sora looked around and saw Bokuto talking to Akaashi.

"Bokuto-san," Akaashi said, looking at Bokuto. "You really didn't go easy on him?"

"Why would I?" Bokuto asked. "If I went easy on him just 'cause I'm his dad, he wouldn't be satisfied with his win."

"Or weren't you just being competitive?"

"And that too."

"Daddy!" Sora said, running up to Bokuto. "Hello, Uncle Keiji."

Akaashi smiled at Sora before he left the father and son alone.

"Daddy," Sora said, taking the other knee pad. "Sign this."

"I thought you already asked your favorite volleyball player to sign it?" Bokuto said, a visible pout on his lips as you walked up to them.

"I already did," Sora said. "He signed this one. I want you to sign the other one."

But Bokuto looked like he wouldn't give in and you chuckled.

"You know, Sora told me the other night, he said his favorite Pro Volleyball Player is Hinata-kun, but do you know who his favorite Ace is?"

"Who?" Bokuto asked, looking at you.

"His daddy of course!"

"Wait, you knew I was an Ace?" Bokuto asked, looking at Sora.

"Of course I knew!"

"Then, earlier, why did you say you thought it was–"

"Daddy," Sora said, taking Bokuto's hand. "I was just kidding. Besides, look, I'm wearing your number during your 3rd year in Fukurodani Volleyball club."

Only then did Bokuto notice it. His son is wearing the number 4. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.2K 105
'How I obsessively adore you' หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท startedโž›30/03/2024 finishedโž› หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท cover by me x
180K 6.2K 43
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
73.1K 1.5K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
1.4M 61.3K 108
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC