In Dirty Harmony

By holl1e27

All Greyson Rhodes (secretly) wished for was for one of his sons to play hockey just like him. What happens w... More

Coming January 15, 2023
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Chapter 1. A Man That's Strong
Chapter 2. Good Grip
Chapter 4. Baby
Chapter 5. Two to Make One
Chapter 6. Hidden Talent
Chapter 7. Do You Want to Fuck Me?
Chapter 8. Do You Always Put on Guys' Condoms?
Chapter 9. F*ck My Mouth
Chapter 10. You Get on My Nerves
Chapter 11. All the Hickeys
Chapter 12. Napkins and Cups: Interesting
Chapter 13. Is That Too Tight?
Chapter 14. Stressful Situation
Chapter 15. Johnny Cash
Chapter 16. Go Get You A Girlfriend
Chapter 17. Kinda Bada$$
Chapter 18. Passionate
Chapter 19. Made for Me
Chapter 20. Smell Like A Dude
Chapter 21. 'Tis the Season
Chapter 22. Christmas Vacation
Chapter 23. Worth It
Chapter 24. Gateway
Chapter 25. Getting Ahead of Ourselves
Rhodes Legacy Series

Chapter 3. Overqualified

5.9K 150 19
By holl1e27

Aspen

"Shit, that was.." Luca breathed out.

I chuckle, "..Yeah. That was." I slide myself off of his cock, flopping down next to him.

May I have been using Luca as revenge, because Theodore lived next door and could definitely hear us? Maybe...

But also, Luca was hot, had BDE; which was well matched, and he knew how to use his mouth... Very well.

I reach over, grabbing Luca's t-shirt. He raises his head to look at me. "Do you mind?" I ask and he gives me a soft smile.

"No. So, you're staying?"

"Only if you want me to." I say, slipping the shirt on over me.

I couldn't sleep naked. It was weird. Maybe it was just some intimate thing I'd never experienced the right way. But, I've never needed or craved someone so much that I had have their skin on me my while I sleep. I guess that's what I get for being the "university maneater", as everyone liked to call me, instead of trying to find "true love".

Don't get me wrong. My parents are the definition of true love and I love that. I'm still a girl at the end of the day, of course I want the kind of love my parents have. You know the kind in movies. The kind where you "need someone so much you have to take them right there on a Disneyland ride", at least that's something like what Rachel Green herself said.

The day will come eventually, I'm just waiting for the right man. Until then, I play games so they don't get played on me.

"Of course." Luca says, slipping a clean pair of boxer briefs and sweatpants on. I had already slipped on my panties while I was lost in thought.

"You might be the best one-night stand I've ever had." Luca says, climbing into the bed. At least he knew it was a one night stand.

"You might be a reoccurring one night stand." I say, slipping under the covers.

"Hm.. I don't know if you've earned that yet." He teases.

"That's your loss then. I don't offer that, very often." I say, patting his arm that was draped over my waist. My back was against his chest as he spooned me.

He lightly chuckles, his muscles relaxing. "Good to know I qualify for it."

"I think you're overqualified, actually." I say, a grin on my face.

"Damn straight I am."

*

"Leaving?" Luca asks as he sits up.

"Yeah, I have class in an hour." I lie and he nods.

"Have fun." He says, laying back down.

"Thanks." I say, grabbing ahold of my heels.

I quietly walk out, going through the kitchen till I reach the front door.

I unlock it before opening it and closing it behind me. At the exact same time, Theodore is locking his front door.

"Good morning Theodore." I say, walking past him, I slap his ass. Yes, yes I did.

"The fuck?" He asks, turning around.

"What? The guys do it?" I ask, an innocent look on my face.

"You're not one of the guys."

"Well, why not?" I lean against the wall next to his from door. "I'm not like other girls." I say, dramatically. "I play hockey, and I don't do girly things like paint my nails, and gossip."

"Quit acting like a pick me girl." He says, rolling his eyes as he walks past me. I push off the wall, trailing behind him.

"I have to get your attention somehow. Might as well let me be one of the guys. When you get a girlfriend, I'll try and act like she'll never be like me because again, I'm not like other girls." I say as he opens the door to the building, closing it behind him.

I push it open, "Wow, can't even hold the door open for a woman?"

"I thought you were one of the guys?" He asks, not bothering to look over his shoulder. I follow him to his truck, hopping in the passenger seat. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He asks, looking over at me.

"I need a ride." I grin.

He leans over the middle console and myself, opening the door. "Get out. You're getting Aspen Rhodes scent everywhere."

"Aww, you know what I smell like." I say, closing the door. He sighs, leaning over and opening again, "That's kinda creepy actually." I say.

"Get the fuck out."

"Oh come on, you're not actually going to leave me stranded here, are you?" I ask.

"Campus is in walking radius." He says.

I slam the door shut, "Come on.. I'll buy you coffee." I bribe and he sighs, resting the back of his head against the headrest.

"Fine but, every time you have sex with Luca, you owe me coffee because, I have to hear that shit." I grin.

"It's called revenge."

*

"Thanks for the ride Theodore!" I yell, hopping out of the truck.

My blonde haired, best friend, Caroline Gilliam, meets me on the corner of the side walk. "Aspen Rhodes! Is that Theodore Nolan?!" She asks.

"Yeah, I made the dipshit give me a ride. I had sex with Luca. Revenge plan and all."

"Oh yes, I remember you telling me that plan." She says, looping her arm through mine.

"Worked amazingly. Although, apparently I owe him coffee every time we fuck. But hey, I can work with that." I shrug my shoulder.

"I don't understand you guys. One minute you hate each other. The next you're flirting. Just have hate sex already!" She yells.

"I don't fully understand him. He's a total dick but then he's not. The times he's not, he's all weird and mysterious. He's boxed up." I say, walking into our apartment.

"It's weird. Maybe he's got some double life. Like you." She says and I cover her mouth.

"The door isn't even closed."

"Maybe his second life is cooler and he's a secret agent instead of a musician." She whispers, locking the chain on the door.

"Or, he's just a dick that acts all mysterious to get girls in bed." I say and she tilts her head to the side.

"That's probably it." She says, opening the fridge.

"Speaking of double lives, mine is calling me. I'm running late." I say, holding up my cup of coffee.

"Have fun!" Caroline yells as I grab my keys and head out the door.

We had an apartment off of campus, thank God. I couldn't risk anyone seeing me. I was embarrassed to say I played the cello.

I shouldn't be. With the confidence I have. But, one kid in elementary school teased me about playing the cello. Said it was "too nerdy", I'd already been made fun of for playing hockey and that was the last straw. I've been embarrassed about it ever since.

I'm supposed to be this badass maneater, whose the first girl on a collegiate level, boys hockey team and is officially the first woman in the NHL. When people find out that I play, not just any instrument, a string instrument of all things, I'm gonna get so much shit for it.

I shouldn't care. But, I do. I get so much shit for hockey already that I just want to enjoy this one thing without anyone ruining it.

I've played since I was eight. Fell in love with it immediately. Playing the cello didn't come natural like playing hockey did. I can hear music well but I had to work my ass off to get to the level I'm at today.

I just play for fun now, and I teach lessons. It's cool to see other little kids fall in love with it, just like I did.

"Hey, Mrs. H." I say, smiling at the little old lady in the bookstore. I teach her grandson.

Apparently her  granddaughter is learning how to play the piano, I've only met her once, briefly. Her piano teacher is someone at LSU. None of them will tell me who, though. I think one of them mentioned something about a Thea? I don't know any Theas. Must be in the symphony program or something else music related.

"Hey Cameron." I say, walking into the back room of the cute little bookstore.

"Hi Aspen!" He says, smiling up at me. He was only ten, I'd been teaching him since my freshman year.

"How are you?" I didn't get to see him much this summer.

"Good!" He says, grinning.

"How was your summer?"

"Great! We went to the beach!"

"Really? Where'd ya go?"

"Destin." He says and I nod.

"Alright, you ready to get started?"

Word Count: 1,390

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 7 13
THIS STORY HAS NOT BEEN EDITED. OR FINISHED. IT IS FICTIONAL SO PLS BE AWARE THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOME HOCKEY FACTS TWEAKED TO FIT THE STORY. Lennon L...
573K 15.4K 41
[𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄] 𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐍 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 30 Months... Almost three years since my accident. My first game playing pro in the NHL and I blew it. Many peo...
48.8K 1K 39
Nova is a recent law school graduate, clinging to her dream of becoming a sports lawyer through an internship with New York City's NHL team, hoping s...
667K 4.5K 5
***COMPLETE*** Series coming down Nov 1st He asked me to tell him why I loved the cello and I told him but I wasn't expecting his response. "The way...