The Last Prince of Rennaya...

By nyghtwryter

Atlas, the emperor of Ceria, invaded the once prosperous planet of Rennaya, searching for the Legendary Renna... More

Atlas's Patience
The Fall of Rennaya
The Legendary Rennayan
Hidden Among the Stars
Thanks For Being Alive
Brother
Training
Sarah
Beyond HQ
Operation: Zero
Life and Death
Limit
The Republic of Rennaya
The Battle For Earth
Hero
First Gear
Mistakes
Save us
Sarah's World
Aftermath
World Meeting
Beyond Constitution
Newbies
War Plan
Operation: Phoenix Egg
Advance
Two Front War
Galzed vs Osei & Helio
Tobi vs Bolgan
Unavoidable
Kalista
The Novas
Reinforcements
Combo
Onwards
The Next Step
Preparation
Operation: Hydra
Tricks
Well Played
Life's Thread
Surprise
Disaster
The Ultimate Warrior
High Stakes
Full Scale War
Child of Destiny
Sarah's Sacrifice
Kiala vs the Children of Atlas
Out of this World
The Mission
Atone
Predicament
Sky Hammer
Different
Power
Doubt
Retribution
Tarturus
Tasman Sea
Sora
Osei vs Ataron
Falling Stars
The Dark Kings
Lost One
The Price
Abomination
The Rahmanaka Clan
Beyond Lawsuit
Iko
Schemers
Improvise
What Are You Fighting For?
Stand Your Ground
The Ending
NAS Arrow
Dark Energy
Simon vs Koji
The Messian
The Basics
Return to Rennaya
Keystone
The One, That Can't Be Forgiven
Forbidden Art
Calypso
Kayed, The First Nova
A Prince's Fate
Atlas vs Osei
The Prince of Rennaya
The Hashin
Akio Rahmanaka
The Destruction of Rennaya
Complete Isolation

Fear

0 0 0
By nyghtwryter

Nate and Tai broke out of their prisons just before they hit the ground.

They looked up at Arcah who hovered over them grinning.

"You guys are gonna pay for invading  my country."

Nate's anger was rising.

The ground started to shake intensely.

Then a massive stone golem rose out of the ground grabbing for Arcah.

However a golem bigger and completely made out of iron and rubble rose up and blocked Nate's golems reach, then destroyed it's head with one strike.

"You're not on my level, I can destroy this country on my own, if I wish. What are you going to do to stop me, little cub?"

Tai fired consecutive fire balls at Arcah, which he blocked with ease, by manifesting rock barriers in front of himself.

"Don't let him taunt you."

Tai flanked, after giving Nate advice.

He unsheathed his sword, leaped up and struck at Arcah, with his full might, flames dancing over his blade.

Arcah sidestepped in midair, dodging Tai's attack then punched him, in the gut, sending him flying.

Arcah then quickly leaped at Nate.

Nate formed a stone armour around himself bracing for the incoming attack.

Arcah proceeded to beat down on Nate, as his armour crumbled from each strike, Nate immediately repaired each area.

"I'm so glad I was able to absorb my brother in time, so that I could come here..."

The impacts from Arcah's flurry of punches, shook Nate to the core.

He started to cough blood.

Tai flew back quickly and appeared right behind Arcah to catch him by surprise.

However Arcah turned around and grabbed Tai's sword with a titanium and stone gauntlet forming over his hand.

"This is way too much fun."

He grinned as he held on tight to the sword, then crashed Tai into Nate, sending them crashing through the plains.

They quickly tried to recover themselves and get up, but a looming shadow overhead caught their attention.

A mass of rubble and steel covered the sky and began to drop.

They scrambled to get to safety, working together like they've done in practice drills.

Nate made platforms for them to hop on and Tai boosted them, with fire thrusters at the tails.

They jetted through the falling rubble.

Tai blasted a few out of the sky, as Nate attempted to gain control of some of the mass to stop it from targeting them.

Suddenly their rock platforms crumbled away and they started to free fall, until Tai gathered energy to maintain flight, then caught Nate in midair.

In the distance they could hear Arcah's maniacal laugh echoing through the night plains

"We have to find another way to beat him, we'll need to work together."

Tai said, as he dodged another boulder, falling out of the sky.

He almost made it out of the radius of Arcah's attack.

"I'm sorry Tai, I'm being a burden. It seems he can completely overpower my abilities."

Nate looked down.

He hadn't felt this depressed in a long time.

His family, friends, and his country needed him.

Yet even though he had been given the power to protect them, he felt useless.

Tai gritted his teeth.

"Don't give up on me, man, the others have their hands full. We absolutely need to do this."

As the words left his mouth, he looked up, noticing movement above him.

From under the mass of rubble a gigantic fist protruded out of it swinging for the both of them.

Tai braced for impact summoning flame barriers and flying as fast as he could out of the way.

Nate placed out his hand willing the fist to stop and trying to summon rocks and stones to form a barrier.

However nothing would answer him.

It was as if his connection was cut off to the planet.

Tai outmanoeuvred the fist in the nick of time.

Arcah laughed outloud, seeing Nate struggle.

"Didn't you realize it yet? It's called Absolute Domain! As long as I am exerting my energy in a fixed radius, you won't be able to use your abilities, because..."

He gave them a smirk, then the fist that had just swung past, burst into sand and dust, enveloping them, before they could escape.

He buried them in coffins up to their neck.

"I'm just that much stronger."

He said, with one hand up to hold them, floating in place.

All the rubble in the sky, fell down to the ground with a resounding crash.

Tai struggled as much as he could, flames bursting out of the coffin, but the sand just kept, repairing itself.

Nate couldn't let go of Arcah's gaze.

Real despair rushed through him for the first time.

What had he gotten himself into.

He was going to die.

Tai looked over to Nate.

"Get a hold of yourself Nate! You need to get us out of these... Or else, what are your powers good for?"

Arcah was amused by their struggled.

"Now that you're confined, I can finally confirm that the energy your emitting is coming from those suits are they not?"

The pair went quiet.

"Oh? Was I spot on? What happens, if I removed your equipment? Would you become even more fragile than you already are?"

Tai started to realize there was no way out of this.

He started panicking.

"Well I can try that out on your friends. You'll both be dying now. Goodbye."

He clutched his fist signalling the sand to crush them.

At the same moment the Australian military came in guns blazing, with multiple stealth choppers showering Arcah with machine gun fire and several snipers making their mark.

A few tanks fired rockets all around Arcah's position on the ground.

The military came to uphold their pride and protect their citizen.

Dozens of soldiers fired nonstop at the Prince.

The attack caught him by surprise, as he rushed to defend himself.

He dropped the two he was holding prisoner.

Rocks and steel raced around him, like a whilrlwind to form a barrier, as he recovered and gained sense of his surroundings.

He felt the energies of all of his assailants.

Sand started to rise and snake around the soldiers feet.

Tornadoes of dust and sand manifested and circled around the helicopters, blocking the pilots vision.

With a quick crunching sound, followed by large explosions, the tornadoes crushed the helicopters in and showered the flaming metal remains at the tanks and drones flying over head, at sonic speed.

Each of the tanks were showered with the attack, with no time to escape, they exploded on impact.

Some of the soldiers turned to see what happened to the tanks, the others kept firing, the last few noticed the sand too late as it clouded up their vision and crushed them.

Bursting blood and sand all over the ground.

It was quiet.

The sound, of night critters were all they could hear, with occasional quakes and explosions from the battles occuring near them.

Then Arcah's dome crumbled down.

"That's better. I like things a little quieter and more amusing."

He looked at the pair, who were still recovering from his imprisonment.

"You monster!"

Tai yelled out, while injecting himself with a booster.

Arcah gave Tai a creepy smile, then looked over at Nate, looking forward to the terror on his face.

However Nate's expression had completely changed.

His glare of death chilled through Arcah's spine.

Random geysers popped up around them and burst pillars of rising lava into the sky.

The downpour avoided, Tai and Nate unnaturally.

Nate's body exhaled steam, enough to make Tai step back.

Lava marks raced through Nate's body, as if they were veins.

His hair started to rise slightly, as seismic activity picked heavily in their vicinity.

"There is no way... There is no way I can forgive him."

Tai had never seen Nate angry, but he realized this may just give them a chance.

"That's right, we have to win."

Continue Reading