Quiver

By RNpoint1857

Horror story based on Left Right Left show. More

●2●
●3●
●4●
●5●
●6●
●7●
●8●
●9●
●10●
●11●
●12●
●13●
●14●
●15●

●1●

833 33 57
By RNpoint1857

Started on 22.2.2023

Aamna Sharif as Kashish

Standing in front of her shop, Kashish Sinha reads its name like a proud owner - THE OCCULT and smiles in satisfaction. This is something she had been craving to do since the moment she completed her high school. Unlocking the door she pushes it lightly which results in chiming of the small bells hanging as a decoration at the door. Applying the door stopper Kashish smiles one last time in gratitude before entering into her work place.

Getting into the shop in her dark blue dress; her right wrist adorning a bunch of golden bangles; a silver neck piece beautifying her sleek neck; a silver nose ring that attracts the attention of all of her viewers; her silver chandeliers hanging in her ears, the ends of which are kissing her collarbones, she looks enchanting. Her eyes outlined perfectly with kohl, enhances her beauty all the more, she moves to her left to switch on the lights. Walking ahead she touches the row of colourful stones and gems filled and placed systematically in few small baskets for display.

She pauses in front of each basket, touching the cluster of stones, closing her eyes she chants few prayers silently. This is her daily routine to energize the stones. This process doesn't consume much of her time. But on Saturdays she takes her own sweet time to energize the stones by performing proper energizing ritual which lasts for around one or two hours thanks to the number of articles she has in her bucket to energize.

She then walks towards the small temple she has made inside the shop at a height slightly above her own and lights the oil lamp, followed by lighting the three incense sticks which she careful puts into the incense stick stand.

In no time the air gets filled with the fragrance of the Sandalwood incense stick, a fragrance that Kashish loves - neither too light nor too strong.

After performing her brief prayer, Kashish walks to her right, in front of her is her desk. She takes her seat. Resting back she closes her eyes. Flashes of someone tied up in a dark cave like place, weak and beaten red and blue, disturb her every now and then. Kashish closes her eyes tight, knitting her brows she silently chants few prayers to get rid of the flashes.

"Sujal!!",

she whispers, opening her eyes. Her rate of heartbeat picks up pace.

"Tumhe gaye hue 6 mahine se zyada ho gaye hain, phir kyun? Kyun aaj bhi tumhari yaadein mujhe tadpaati hain?",

her eyes well up.

"Mujhe... mujhe raat ko sone nahi deti.",

she entwines her fingers and rests her forehead on them, her brows knit tight.

She decides to focus on her work.

A knock at the door drags her attention. The door opens and a customer peeps into the shop and enquires,

"Is it open?"

Kashish smiles bright at her customer and replies in confidence,

"Yes! Please come in."

●●●●●

"Neha tumhe pehle bhi kaha hai ke usse chorh do. Wo bus tumhare saath time paas kar raha hai. Har baar same patterns ke cards aa rahe hain. Bus kabhi bohot burey aate hain to kabhi thode theek bhi aa jaate hain."

Kashish points her index finger towards Neha and in a very serious tone says,

"Mind you, theek aate hain, ache nahi aate. You are better off him girl!",

she ends up in frustration again.

"Main point is ke wo tumhe lekar serious nahi hai. Aur mujhe nahi dikh raha ke aage chalkar bhi serious hone wala hai wo. Acha hoga tumhare liye agar tum ye jaldi samjh jao.",

sighs Kashish, unable to understand how else to make Neha understand the same.

Kashish holds her forehead with her right hand's middle finger, index finger and thumb. Lines of frustration drawn on her forehead. Something is up with her today. She is unable to give her hundred percent attention to her reading, the flashes are torturing her.

She quivers in fear as a particular sight flashes in front of her eyes, something she is yet to see and feel in future!

●●●●

Orderly Madhav finds the occupants of the room laughing out loud on a joke best known to them when he enters Brigadier Chandok's room with a plate filled with five candles. Placing it on the table, he leaves.

"Sir, maine jab Huda ko kaha ke chal mere saath, to wo darr gaya.",

Yudi mocks at Huda, gesturing towards him with his hand.

"Abey Yudiye, main to uss jungle ke gehrayi mein jaane se dara tha na, tu to jungle ke ird-gird bhi nahi ja pa raha tha akele. Phattu!",

laughs Huda.

Others laugh too.

Yudi turns crimson red upon being mocked.

"Dude FYI main ander kisi junglee janwar ka shikar hona nahi chahta tha, that's it.",

replies Yudi.

"Baki darta-warta main kisi se nahi. Samjha?",

Yudi rolls his eyes.

Rajveer laughs too.

"Acha kisi se nahi darta? Ek bhoot ki kahani suna di na to raat ko washroom bhi akele nahi ja payega tu! Darta nahi kisi se!",

Huda mocks further.

"Huda bhai agar Yudi bhai keh rahe hain ke nahi darte wo to kyun aap unhe tang kar rahe hain?",

Ali comes at Yudi's rescue.

"To bol na Yudi se ke kahin aur na sahi aaj lights out ke baad academy ke chhat (terrace) par hi jakar dikha de wo.",

says Alekh, in his usual calm and composed manner.

"Aye nahi! Lights out ke baad koi masti nahi!",

orders Brigadier Chandok in his strict tone.

All of them raise their respective brows realising that they had almost forgotten about Brigadier Chandok's presence in the room.

"Ah! Sirji, bada acha lag raha hai aap humare saath aise waqt bitane aaye hain.",

Huda smiles in his usual style.

"Laga le makhhan koi faida nahi hai.",

says Alekh, clenching his teeth, looking anywhere but towards Brigadier Chandok or Huda.

"Bach gaye!",

murmurs Yudi, rolling his eyes.

"Sunn liya maine Yudi!",

says Rajveer, who is resting on a chair near Yudi, his eyes closed.

Yudi's cheeks turn crimson red as if he has got caught committing a crime.

"Sir! Sir wo main....",

Yudi begins to explain but trails off.

Rajveer laughs a little, his eyes still closed and ruffles Yudi's hair lovingly. Yudi smiles shyly.

Orderly and gardener Ramesh enters the room carrying a tray of snacks for them and overhears the on going conversation. Placing the tray on the table, Ramesh asks,

"Cadet Huda aap kisi se nahi darte?",

smiling.

All of them look towards Ramesh, then towards Huda to get an answer from him.

"Nahi bilkul nahi.",

says Huda, confidently.

"Aapne kaha agar ek 'bhoot' ki kahani suna di...",

Ramesh repeats Huda's words uptil here, calmly, then asks,

"Kya hota hai Bhoot, Cadet Huda?"

Huda stares Ramesh, his earlier smile vanishing gradually.

"Jo ye roz sheeshe mein dekhta hai!",

murmurs Alekh, looking away.

Naina and Pooja arch their respective brows hearing Alekh. Soon all of them burst out into a fit of laughter other than Huda and Ramesh.

"Teri to!",

Huda throws a pillow towards Alekh which Alekh succeeds in catching, laughing.

Sitting down on the floor around the bed, facing Brigadier Chandok, wrapping his arms around his legs, Ramesh turns his head to look towards Huda and says,

"Aap kahein to main bataun?"

None of them understands why Ramesh's saying so suddenly changes the air of fun into the air of seriousness and uncertainty.

All of them stare him silently.

Upon receiving expression of surprise from all, Ramesh speaks further, maintaining the stare on Huda,

"Iss lok ke logon ka rehasya to aapne kafi suna hoga; iss lok ke insaano se to aap roz milte hain. Kya kehte hain aap, milna chahenge parlok ke insaano se? Janna chahenge unke baare mein jo yahan hokar bhi adrishya hai?"

His words along with a relaxed and a little smile, much like a challenge to them, no one realises when and why make them to quiver secretly!

"Arey kya hua? Abhi tak to kahani shuru bhi nahi ki maine aapke chehre ki hawaiyan kyun udd gayin?",

smiles Ramesh, almost like a devil.

Laughing, Pooja claps her hands and says,

"Punjab mein apne gaon jab jaati thi tab wahan ki Dadi-Naniyan kayi kahaniyan sunati theen, chudailon ki."

"To tujhe darr nahi lagta tha Pooja?",

asks Naina, widening her eyes.

All others anxiously wait for Pooja's reply.

"Nahi to!",

replies Pooja, confidently.

All of them gesture through their respective face expressions that they are impressed.

"Main to kahani shuru hote hi so jaati thi.",

Pooja claps her hands, laughing.

Huda slaps his forehead.

Rajveer shakes his head.

Alekh murmurs,

"Nautanki!"

Yudi rolls his eyes.

All go quiet suddenly for no reason. None of them showing the guts to ask Ramesh to begin with the story.

"Hi guys. Hum bhi aa gayein.",

the sudden loud voice of Dr. Shalini and Suriji in unison, entering the room along with Lolita Ma'am succeeds in sending shivers to run down the spines of each one of them. They all quiver initially, followed by an audible letting go of their held breath respectively.

"Dr. Shalini aap logo ne to humein....",

Huda realises what he was about to say, not wanting to be proven as a coward, he quickly clears his throat and says,

"Mera matlab aaram se aate na. Itna shor machane ki kya zaroorat.",

Huda fake smiles at them.

All others smirk secretly looking towards Huda, understanding the unsaid.

"Haan Ma'am, aapko nahi pata Huda bhai darr jaate hain.",

teases Ali, hiding his amusement.

All of them laugh hearing him.

Huda glares Ali.

Ali laughs.

"Chaliye aiye aap sub bhi jagah bana lijiye yahin kahin.",

says Rajveer.

"Hanji chalo chalo!",

says Suriji.

All of them settle down.

"What's the topic of discussion guys?",

asks Dr. Shalini, excited, smiling bright, adjusting her hair.

"Bhooton ki daastan!",

replies Alekh, looking towards Dr. Shalini through the corner of his eyes, anticipating her reaction.

"Oh acha!",

comes a spontaneous reaction from Dr. Shalini before she realises what he said and later her expression changes and she exclaims,

"Kya?!!!"

All laugh secretly.

"Interesting!",

Lolita Ma'am arches her brow finding the discussion worth her time.

"Aap mein se kisi ke paas koi kahani hai jo wo sunana chahe - pret, aatmaon se sambandhit?",

asks Ramesh, giving them opportunity to share their story or experience first before he begins with his.

All of them look towards each other hearing that and gesture that they are clean, they haven't experienced anything of that sort.

"Raat ko aap mein se kabhi koi nahi mila kisi aatma se?",

Ramesh asks casually, as if it is every other day that one gets to encounter such supernatural stuff.

"Nahi!!",

Yudi shakes his head clearly, his eyes opened wide.

"Raat ko hum ek insaan se hi nahi mil paate, aatma to durr ki baat hai!",

murmurs Rajveer, with a motive to tease Naina.

Naina widens her eyes hearing that and blushes profusely, smiling, she cascades her eyes.

●●●●●

"Kya hoti hai aatma? Kya hote hain bhoot-pret?",

asks Ramesh, casually.

"Wohi jo abhi aapke ander aayi hai, Rajveer Sir ki aatma!",

teases Ali, looking anywhere but towards Ramesh, smiling mischievously.

The other cadets laugh and gesture towards Ali in a manner that says 'you are absolutely right.'

"Ali!",

warns Rajveer, mildly.

"Sorry Sir! Sawal wo aise hi kar rahe hain!",

apologizes Ali, hiding his amusement.

"Maine mehsoos kiya hai unke wajood ko!",

says Ramesh.

Shivers run down the spines of his listeners. They quiver merely feeling the fact that he has encountered something paranormal. They all turn serious.

Silence prevails for a brief moment.

"Aur aap sub...",

he continues looking towards the cadets specifically then continues,

"Aap sub jo meri iss baat par hans rahe the; mere iss sawal par hans rahe the, zara soch kar dekhna, apne ateet ke panno ko palat kar dekhna, kya kabhi bhi aap logo ke saath kuch ajeeb nahi hua? Kuch aisa jisse aap theek se shabdon mein bayan na kar sakein?"

The body of each one of them begins to warm up hearing his words.

In the darkness of the night and the failed electricity to darken the darkness, every sense of theirs gets hyperactive. Hearing more than what can be heard normally! Seeing more than what can be seen normally! Feeling more than what can be felt normally!

"Kya kabhi kamre mein akele rehne se darr nahi laga?",

he asks next.

That hits each one of them hard. They quiver!

"Cadet Huda, aap Cadet Yudi ko darpok samjhte hain na? Kya kabhi aisa nahi hua ke aapko raat ko academy mein kahin akele jaate hue darr laga ho? Jab aapko laga ho ke kash koi aapke saath chal le, chahe wo.... Cadet Yudi hi kyun na ho?!",

smirks Ramesh, challengingly.

Huda feels the hair of the behind of his neck standing erect more out of shock than out of fear as Ramesh hits him right at the point! He stares Ramesh speechless!

"Yeah I would like to know that!",

Yudi doesn't let go off the superb moment of teasing Huda, specifically on this topic.

"Witnessing darpok Huda would be such a treat to my eyes!",

Yudi adds further, laughing silently, enjoying the suddenly turning of the table.

Huda's rate of heartbeat picks up pace. He turns serious. His cheeks begin to emit heat.

"Chaliye jab tak aap soch rahe hain, tab tak main ek kahani sunata hoon aap subko.",

smiles Ramesh.

All of them focus back on Ramesh.

●●●●

"Mere gaon mein ek khali ghar hai.",

he begins with the story.

Rajveer adjusts in his seat eager to listen to the story.

"Gaon mein ghar keh raha hoon matlab jhopdi mat samjhna. Acha khasa bana hua ghar hai. Ek samay par uski khoobsurati dekhne door-door se log aate the.",

says Ramesh.

"Mana jaata tha ke kisi rahees ne apna ghar yahan banaya hai.",

he says.

"Maheene guzre magar wahan koi rehne nahi aaya. Jis tarah se zoro-shoro se kaam chal raha tha, aisa lag raha tha bus ghar ke banne ka intezaar hai, jiska bhi ghar hai wo utsuk hai yahan aakar rehne ke liye."

All of them begin to picture the scenario as per described by Ramesh. And the more they dive into the description and picturisation, the more their interest in the story grows.

"Maheene saal mein tabdeel ho gaye. Magar wo ghar khali ka khali raha. Logo ki uss ghar ke maalik ke baare mein jaanne ki utsukta bhi dheere dheere lupt ho gayi.",

he says, drowning deep into the thoughts.

"Uss ghar ko lekar logo ke bhin-bhin kisse ab chaaron taraf failne lage. Kuch kehne lagein ke isse ek baap ne apne mare hue bete ki yaad mein banaya hai aur ab yahan aane ka mann nahi kar raha. To kuch kehne lage ke ye ghar shapit hai, iss mein ussi mare hue bete ki rooh bhatakti hai jis kaaran uska parivar ab yahan aane se darr raha hai."

His listeners widen their respective eyes hearing that.

"Wo ghar aaj khandhar mein tabdeel ho gaya hai. Dhool-miti se sana hua wo ghar kisi bhootiya cinema mein dikhaye jaane wale ghar se kam nahi lagta.",

he describes further.

"Wo kya kehte ho aap log angrezi mein 'horror movies'.",

he specifies.

All of them arch their respective brows.

"Iss ghar ke baare mein banaye gaye manghadant kissey mere gaon ke aas-paas ke ilaakon mein bhi failne lagey."

"Ye sunn kar ek roz ek film nirdeshak (director) ne mann banaya iss ghar ko dekhne ka. Wo Mumbai se vishesh roop se iss ghar ko dekhne aaye the yahan.",

he tells them.

"Dekhte hi unhe ye jagah apni film ke liye bha gayi. Unhone keh diya ke wo yahin apne film ki shooting karenge."

"Oh my God! Unhe aisa nahi karna chahiye.",

says Dr. Shalini in utter shock, as if this is not a story but an on going incident of her life.

None responds to her words, in a state of shock, anticipating the further story in their heads respectively.

"Phir kya hua?",

asks Naina, intruiged.

"Iss ghar ke baare mein aur ache se janne ke liye, iski chhanbeen karne ke liye uss nirdeshak ne iss ghar ke aas-paas ke ilaakon ka muaiyna kiya.",

he tells.

●●●●

Standing at a small book store at the road side, Kashish was reading the blurb of a book, title of which reads - 'The Dark Arts' when a man collides with him by chance.

"Sorry!",

he immediately apologizes turning to look towards Kashish briefly before continuing with his walk.

Within moments after the collision, Kashish gets flashes of his wife being run down by a car followed by him consoling his son.

Placing the book back from where she had picked it, Kashish follows the man. He stands at a corner unaware of being followed by Kashish. Bringing out his mobile he was about to call someone when Kashish startles him by placing her hand on his shoulder to make him aware of her presence. More flashes of his life floats in front of her eyes for a brief moment where he is happy and enjoying with his wife and son.

He turns to look towards her and says,

"Yes? How may I help you?"

Kashish, in a serious tone replies,

"You are the one who needs my help!"

They stare each other.

●●●●

Kashish pushes the door open of her shop and gestures him to get in. He enters skeptically. Getting inside he looks around and notices everything that's placed there along with the general aura of the place.

Walking across her desk, Kashish takes her seat. The man takes his seat in front of her.

"Aap kyun layi hain humein yahan? Dekhiye humein jaldi ghar jaana hai. Humara 8 saal ka beta humara intezaar kar raha hoga.",

says the man.

"Shant ho jaiye. Main aapka zyada waqt nahi lungi Mr....",

Kashish trails off, as a gesture of asking for his name.

"Abhimanyu! Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan!",

he reveals his name proudly.

Kashish nods her head and addresses him by his name,

"Right! Mr. Abhimanyu."

Entwining her fingers, resting her hands vertically on her desk, Kashish, very calmly asks Abhimanyu,

"To bataiye Mr. Abhimanyu aap kyun pareshan hain?",

she tilts her head a little towards her left, smiling calmly, a little.

Abhimanyu stares her back. His eyes burning with anger but his persona reflecting the exact opposite - calmness. Such is the character of the business tycoon Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan, he knows how to balance his two shades very well. At one end his calm words can hit you like a sword and pierce your heart; and on the other his words which might sound like they are set on fire, have the potential to heal you, the fire doesn't burn you but gives you the warmth that balances your body temperature. Though not a doctor by profession but Abhimanyu surely knows how to treat his patients with his words, providing them the much required doze in appropriate amount!

"Hum pareshan kis liye hain ye aap humse pooch rahi hain? Jo khud humare pareshani ki wajah hai!",

scolds Abhimanyu, glaring Kashish.

Kashish smiles and shakes her head,

"Main... iss pareshani ki baat nahi kar rahi.",

she gestures towards herself with her index finger.

"Main uss pareshani ki baat kar rahi hoon jiske baare mein aapne abhi tak mujhse baat nahi ki.",

she says.

"Aap kya keh rahi hain humein kuch samjh nahi aa raha.",

says Abhimanyu.

"Apki wife ki car accident mein maut ho gayi. Magar aapko lag raha hai ke ye accident nahi murder hai, right?",

says Kashish.

Pinpointing his exact problem Kashish succeeds in startling Abhimanyu.

"Aapko ye sub pata nahi hona chahiye!",

says Abhimanyu, pointing his right index finger towards her, turning his head little towards his right, his brows knit together tight.

"Magar mujhe ye pata hai!",

Kashish smiles.

"But how? Hum aaj se pehle kabhi nahi miley.",

clears Abhimanyu, more like questions her.

Taking a deep breath, Kashish stands up, pushing her body up by placing her hands at her desk. Walking ahead to her left such that her chair swivels a little, staring Abhimanyu throughout, she enlightens him about herself,

"Mujh mein kuch shaktiyan hain. Jo mujhe meri Dadi se virasat mein mili hai. Jab mujhe koi chhuta hai to main dekh paati hoon kuch mehtvapurn ghatnayein unki zindagi se judi."

Abhimanyu finds it interesting.

"Phir to koi bhi criminal aapse chhup nahi sakta.",

smirks Abhimanyu.

Shaking her head, Kashish briefs him further,

"Nahi aisi baat nahi hai. Meri shaktiyan humesha kaam nahi kartin."

"To kab kab kaam karti hain aapki shaktiyan humein bhi bata dijiye. Hum kuch logon ko aapke paas le ayenge jinke zindagi ke rehasya jaanne mein humari badi diljaspi hai.",

smiles Abhimanyu, wickedly.

"Aap meri shaktiyon ka mazak uda rahe hain?",

asks Kashish, knitting her brows tight and folding her arms, resting them across her abdominal.

"Oh! Hum aisa kabhi nahi kar sakte. Hunar ki tauheen karna....",

shaking his head he speaks further,

"....humari fitrat nahi."

Kashish stares Abhimanyu and realises that he is being honest.

"Ye mera hunar nahi, vardaan hai!",

Kashish corrects him.

Abhimanyu nods his head in respect and understanding.

Taking a deep breath to clear her mind, she looks away and says,

"Mujhe lagta hai jab bhagwan mere dwara kisi ki madad karana chahte hain, uss insaan ko aur meri shaktiyon ko mere paas bhej dete hain."

This probability does attract Abhimanyu's attention.

Staring at infinity towards his left Abhimanyu says,

"Humare kuch rivals hain, humein lagta hai unn mein se hi kisi ne humari Nandini ko humse chhena hai."

Kashish listens to him silently.

"Aap humari kaise madad kar sakti hain?",

he asks her.

"Zyada kuch to nahi magar koshish karungi ke kuch madad to kar paun aapki jisse aap apni patni ke maut ka rehasya suljha payein.",

says Kashish.

Abhimanyu nods his head, smiling sadly.

"Bataiye mujhe unke baare mein.",

says Kashish.

Abhimanyu begins to describe his wife and tells about her likes and dislikes.

Kashish closes her eyes and picturises her. Flashes begins to appear in front of her closed eyes. Kashish knits her brows tight as she drowns into the pool of her thoughts.

Opening her eyes she tells him,

"Aap theek keh rahe hain this wasn't an accident. It was a planned murder."

Though his gut feeling was saying so but Abhimanyu still gets shocked when Kashish confirmed of the same.

"Kisne kiya ye? Kisne chheena humari Nandini ko hum se?",

asks Abhimanyu, in anguish, getting up.

"Relax Mr. Abhimanyu. Please aap shant ho jaiye.",

Kashish tries to calm him down.

"Aap please dekhiye aur bataiye ke kisne kiya hai ye? I am gonna kill that bastard.",

swears Abhimanyu.

Kashish tries again but gets nothing in result.

"Nahi dikh raha kuch bhi. Ankhon ke saamne bus andhera chhaya hua hai.",

says Kashish, helplessly.

"Damn it!",

Abhimanyu beats the chair out of frustration.

Kashish picks up the tarot deck; shuffles the cards and pulls three cards out of it and places it on the table, the cards that appear are - SEVEN OF SWORDS, THREE OF SWORDS and ACE OF CUPS.

SEVEN OF SWORDS

THREE OF SWORDS

ACE OF CUPS

Kashish gets tensed upon noticing the sequence of appearance of the cards. She knits her brows tight. Placing the rest of the cards of the deck aside Kashish focuses on the cards that she pulled out of the deck. She taps the ring finger; middle finger and index finger of her left hand on the table out of tension.

Abhimanyu witnesses her shuffling and drawing of the cards but understands nothing even after seeing the drawn out cards. He waits for her to explain. Her silence and the lines of tension visible on Kashish's forehead increase his anxiety and stress.

"Kya hua Kashish ji? Aap kuch bol kyun nahi rahin?",

asks an anxious Abhimanyu.

Kashish shakes her head in slow pace, staring at the cards.

"Bataiye humein aisa kya dekh liya aapne?",

asks an impatient Abhimanyu, raising his voice.

Taking a deep breath, Kashish looks towards Abhimanyu all serious, tilting her head a little towards right she says,

"Abhimanyu ji jahan tak inn cards mein dekh pa rahi hoon...",

she adjusts the drawn out cards properly on the table,

"To ye kaam aapke kisi apne ka hai!",

she reveals.

This comes as a shock for Abhimanyu.

"What?! Humara apna?!",

exclaims Abhimanyu, his eyes opened wide.

Kashish nods her head.

"Ab ye zaroori nahi ke wo apke parivaar ka hi koi ho. Koi aisa jisse apna milna-julna ho. Jis par ek baar mein apka shaq shayad na jaye.",

elaborates Kashish.

Abhimanyu tries to remember everyone who he suspects could have done this.

"Kya aapko kisi par shaq hai?",

asks Kashish, dragging Abhimanyu's attention back to her.

Turning to look towards Kashish, Abhimanyu says,

"Nahi... nahi abhi to kuch samjh nahi aa raha humein."

"Hmm..!",

Kashish cascades her eyes and nods her head.

She silently reads the cards further. Then says,

"Kisine... kisine apke vishwas ka faida uthaya hai."

Shock hits Abhimanyu again.

"Koi aisa jise aap apna mante hon; jisse aap pyar karte hon.",

she says, her eyes on the cards, trying to read further.

"Ab ye zaroori nahi ke ye koi apna bahar ka hi koi ho... ye apna....",

Kashish looks towards Abhimanyu before adding further,

"Aapki patni bhi ho sakti hain!"

Blood drains out of Abhimanyu's face hearing.

"Ye kya bakwas kar rahi hain aap? Aap jaanti bhi hain aap kya keh rahi hain?",

asks Abhimanyu, shouting at Kashish.

"Dekhiye Abhimanyu ji main wohi keh rahi hoon jo ye cards mujhe bata rahe hain.",

says Kashish calmly.

"Arey bakwas hai ye sub! Nahi maante hum aapki inn betuki baaton ko.",

Abhimanyu dismisses the facts that Kashish puts in front of him.

"Hum yahan apni mrit patni ke raaz ko jaanne aaye hain aur aap unhi par ilzaam laga rahi hain?",

scolds Abhimanyu.

"Aapka matlab kya hai ke Nandini ne, humari Nandini ne humare saath...",

he looks away, unable to put his feelings into words.

"Kabhi kabar such wo hota hai jo hum dekhna nahi chahte. Aapka gunehgar aapke saamne hota hai magar aap uspar shaq karna to durr balki apni zindagi ke saare raaz uss par ankhein moond kar vishwas karke usse bata dete ho.",

says Kashish.

Abhimanyu stares her, serious.

"Khair main ye daawe ke saath to nahi keh sakti ke gunehgar aapki Nandini ji hi hain, ho sakta hai koi aur apna ho. Cards humein idea dete hain, madad karte hain unn options ke baare mein sochne ki jo humare ankhon ke saamne hokar bhi ankhon se ojhal hain. Magar main suggest karungi ke aap ek baar iss angle se bhi soch kar dekhein.",

says Kashish, not happy revealing the facts that the cards point towards.

Abhimanyu surely is disturbed by her words but nevertheless he fails to completely dismiss her words again and find his mental peace by doing so, after all she is a professional, she can't be wrong and why would she deceive him?

She again looks towards the cards and reads further,

"Agar aap maine jo kaha uss baat ko accept kar payein aur iss baat ko bhula kar aagey barh payein...",

she looks back towards him and smiles a little and says,

"To yakeen maniye Abhimanyu ji ke koi ek acha proposal; koi insaan jo aapse beintehaan mohobbat kare, jisse aap beshumar mohobbat karein, aapki zindagi mein zarur ayega."

Abhimanyu stares her, his face expression calm.

"Kab tak wo ladki apki zindagi mein dastak degi ye aap par nirbhar karta hai.",

she smiles.

"Aap jitni jaldi iss dard se ubharenge; jitni jaldi ye accept karenge ke - kisi ko paana; kisi ko khona, wo chahe jis bhi roop mein khona ho - uske mrityu ke pashchat ya uske zinda rehte, that's a part of life. You don't have to stick to it forever.... aap utni jaldi hi ye jo koi bhi hain unhe apni zindagi mein attract karenge.",

she smiles further, politely.

Abhimanyu ponders at her words silently.

After few moments he shows his gratitude towards her,

"Thank you."

"You are welcome.",

says Kashish almost like a whisper, smiling.

Getting up he leaves.

●●●●●

"Wo director jis bhi ghar par dastak detein pooch-taach ke liye, sub unhe taal detein.",

says Ramesh.

"Parhna bhi kon chahega inn sub chakkaron mein.",

says Dr. Shalini and quivers merely thinking about it.

"Yeah man!",

says Yudi, without turning to look towards her.

Ramesh smirks looking towards Dr. Shalini.

"Ye humesha yaad rakhiyega Madam jo jitna darega, adrishya shaktiyan unhe utna hi darayengi.",

Ramesh gives Dr. Shalini this small yet important information, pointing his index finger towards her.

All the listeners other than Dr. Shalini straighten up, as if reassuring themselves silently that they are not afraid of anyone or anything.

"Nirash hokar, thak kar wo nirdeshak wahin uss ghar se kuch hi duuri par bane ek kuen (well) ke paas ja khada hua. Kuen ke deewar par sahara lekar khade hokar wo soch hi raha tha ke agey kya kiya jaaye ke tabhi saamne se ek aadmi guzra."

"Kon tha wo aadmi?",

asks Ali, curious.

Pooja slaps him lightly on his upper arm and gestures him to stay quiet,

"Shh... wo bata rahe hain."

"Phate-purane kapde pehne hue wo aadmi apne umr ke lagbhag chaaliswe (40) saal mein hoga.",

Ramesh gives the rough estimate about the age of the man.

Alekh nods his head in understanding.

"Nirdeshak ko wahan khada hua dekh wo aadmi achambhit ho gaya. Usne murh kar phir uss ghar ki taraf dekha. Phir wapas Nirdeshak ki taraf dekha jo abhi tak uss aadmi ke wahan hone se anjaan tha.",

he says.

"Zaroor wo aadmi jakar uss nirdeshak ko kuen mein dhakka de dega.",

jokes Huda, laughing silently.

"Huda!",

Naina scolds him mildly.

Huda laughs a little more.

Shaking her head she unintentionally looks towards Rajveer who has shifted to the bed, sitting there, his legs stretched out and crossed - one over the other.

Rajveer, whose eyes were already on Naina gives her a dark possessive stare and gesture her through his eyes to join him on the bed, sitting next to him.

Naina, understanding his indication, shakes her head as she finds it inappropriate to do in front of her friends. Rajveer takes a deep breath and looks away having nothing else to say.

"Wo aadmi Nirdeshak ki aur (towards) barha. Uska har qadam soch samjhkar rakha hua. Har do(2)-chaar kadam ke baad wo ruk jata aur murh kar charon aur (towards) dekhta. Na jaane usse kiske hone ka sandeh tha!",

says Ramesh.

"Biwi se darta hoga.",

teases Huda.

"Issi liyech apun ko shadi nahi karni.",

Alekh doesn't miss the chance to reply.

"Thank God!",

murmurs Yudi, widening his eyes.

Alekh looks towards Yudi, showing his anger. Yudi avoids looking towards Alekh out of fear.

All others laugh secretly and shake their heads respectively.

"Uss Nirdeshak ke paas pohnch kar bhi usse kuch durri rakhna hi sahi samjha ussne. Aur kaha..."

*Flashback*

"Salaam Sahab!",

he greets the director, gesturing with his hand.

"Salaam!",

the director greets back.

"Tum.. yahin paas mein rehte ho?",

he asks the man.

"Haan Sahab paas hi mein rehta hoon.",

he replies.

"Kamaal hai. Mujhe to lag raha tha iss ghar ke aas paas koi bhi nahi rehta.",

whilst looking around, behind himself,
the director says,

"Kabristan se bhi zyada sannatta hai yahan to."

Looking back towards the man, the director asks,

"Naam kya hai tumhara?"

"Sahab Niranjan.",

replies the man.

"Niranjan! Main Ashish Malhotra hoon. Director hoon filmon ka.",

the director introduces himself.

Niranjan nods his head.

"To Niranjan, ye jo kahaniyan charon taraf faili hui hai iss ghar ke baare mein iss mein kitna such hai aur kitna afsana?",

asks Ashish, smiling.

Niranjan doesn't smile back and rather stares him back serious.

"Sahab jinki ye aapbeeti hai unke liye ye such hai aur...",

looking straight into his eyes Niranjan completes,

"Bakiyon ke liye afsana!"

Niranjan arches a brow hearing that.

"Tum maante ho jo kuch bhi log kehte hain yahan ke baare mein?",

he asks, tilting his head towards the left.

Smiling a little, Niranjan advices him,

"Meri maaniye Sahab andhera hone ko aa raha hai aapka yahan se chale jana hi sahi hai."

"Arey! Andhera hone ka hi to intezaar hai. Horror movie ka director hoon. Jab tak dekh na loon ke raat ko ye location mere rongte khade karti hai ke nahi tab tak film direct karne ka maza kahan ayega.",

he winks at Niranjan.

"Waise meri team bhi abhi pohnchne waali hogi. Pata nahi kahan reh gayi.",

he says, turning to look behind for them.

"Wo abhi yahan kyun ayenge?",

asks Niranjan in utter shock, widening his eyes.

"Wo bhi ek baar ye location dekh lein. Aur soch raha hoon ke aaj hi se shooting shuru kar doon.",

says Ashish.

"Kya?!",

exclaims Niranjan.

"Aap... aap iss waqt shooting karenge? Aapko raat ko andhere mein shooting nahi karni chahiye!",

he says.

"Arey fikr mat karo lights aur camera dono honge, to andhera kaisa?",

smiles Ashish.

"Nahi! Light mat jalaiyega. Yahan andhera hi rehne dijiye. Aur aap bhi kal hi shoot kijiyega.",

advices Niranjan, more like warns him, keeping his eyes wide open.

"Arey horror movie mein kitne saare raat ke sequence hote hain. Agar raat ko shoot nahi karunga to kaise chalega? Aur thoda bohot light ka istemal to karna hoga warna film ki story se koi darre na darre magar andhere mein mere actors ke chehre jab nazar nahi ayenge, bus aawaz hi sunai degi, isse zaroor mere viewers darr jayenge. ",

laughs Ashish.

"Dekhiye Sahab ye koi mazak nahi hai. Pehli baat to ye hai ke aapko yahan hona hi nahi chahiye. Khair agar aap shoot kar bhi rahein hain to main aapko salah doonga ke sooraj doobne se pehle hi sub kuch nipta lein.",

suggests Niranjan, staring him sternly.

*Flashback ends*

"Ye kehkar Niranjan wahan se chala gaya.",

says Ramesh.

"Kuch waqt beeta Ashish Malhotra wahin tehl raha tha jab usse achanak wahan kisike hone ka ehsaas hua.",

narrates Ramesh.

"Na koi shor; na kadmon ki aahat. Phir bhi ek ajeeb sa ehsaas ki koi hai uske paas."

The glass rods of small chandeliers placed on either side walls chime lightly as the breeze brushes them.

"Apni film ki kahani mein dooba Ashish uss ehsaas se chonk gaya."

"Wo turant peeche murha."

All his listeners wait for him to continue, holding their breaths respectively.

"Peeche murhne par kisiko na paakar Ashish achambhit ho utha. Usne nishchit roop se kisi ke aabhas ko mehsoos kiya tha. Aur phir bhi kisi ka wahan na hona, ajeeb baat to thi."

"Uska dil zoron se dhadakne laga. Ye zaroor uska veham hoga, usne apne aapko samjhaya. Khudko dilasa diya ke ye bus Niranjan ki baaton ka asar hai. Wo baatein uske dimag par haawi ho rahi hain aur kuch nahi."

Dr. Shalini bites her nails in nervousness.

"Phir?",

asks Pooja, anxious to know further.

"Tabhi sannate ko cheerti gadi ke horn ki awaz ne Ashish ka matha thankaya. Uski dhadkane jo pehle se hi zoron se dhadak rahi thi ab maano poori tarah aapna aapa kho chuki thi."

The rates of heartbeats of each of his listener accelerates. The velocity of Ramesh's story telling increases as per the requirement of the scene being narrated by him. The velocity of his narration sets the pace of heartbeats of each of his listeners.

"Wo murha! Gadi ki roshni seedhe uski ankhon par parh rahi thi. Usne apne haathon se apni ankhon ko dhak liya aur zor se chillane laga!!!!",

Ramesh says in a single breath as if running a marathon.

And all his listeners cover their mouths with their hands, respectively, barring Rajveer, as if they could actually hear the scream that Ramu is mentioning about.

Everyone including Ramesh turns absolutely silent only their respective hearts making the noise by thumping inside their chests respectively.

Everyone stares Ramesh in complete silence unable to voice their desire for him to continue the story. They wait for him to continue by himself without being asked to do so.

"Band ankhon par parh rahi roshni ka andaza tha usse jo achanak parhni band ho gayi!",

says Ramesh.

"Jaise hi usse iska ehsaas hua usne dheere dheere apne chehre se apne haathon ko hataya. Ankhein band kar lene ki wajah se uske kaan hypersensitive ho gaye the.",

says Ramesh.

Ali gulps his saliva to moisten his dried up throat. Dried out of fear.

"Usne suna koi uska naam pukar raha hai - 'Ashish Sir!' 'Ashish Sir aap theek hain?' Apne naam ke aagey 'Sir' sunn kar usse ehsaas hua ke wo zinda hai. Wo theek hai.",

says Ramesh.

All of his listeners sigh in relief.

"Usne dheere dheere ankhein kholi aur apne team members ko apne saamne paya."

All of them smile in satisfaction and look towards each other, feeling blessed that they all are with each other.

"Chalo kahani khatam!",

says Alekh, smiling in satisfaction.

All others relax too.

Huda gets up to roam around when Ramesh's words arrest him at his spot,

"Kahani khatam? Abhi kahan Alekh bhaiya. Abhi to kahani shuru hui hai.",

smirks Ramesh.

Blood drains out of the faces of each one of them, respectively hearing that.

"Magar agar aap chahein to aagey ki kahani main baad mein suna dunga. Itni der ek jagah baithe baithe thak gaye honge.",

smiles Ramesh.

All of them stare him, serious.

●●●●●

Rajveer walks to Naina who is looking up towards the dark sky, standing at the corridor area, resting her elbows on the slab such that her arms are resting vertically, her fingers entwined. Standing next to her, Rajveer, looking in front of him in the darkness, asks her,

"Yahan akeli kya kar rahi ho?"

"Soch rahi hoon.",

she replies, without turning to look towards him, her eyes transfixed at the infinity.

"Kya?",

asks Rajveer, still not turning to look towards her.

"Kya such mein marne ke baad humari zindagi khatam ho jaati hai?",

Naina surprises him by her question.

Rajveer knits his brows, finally turning to look towards her.

"Ye kaisa sawaal hua Naina?",

asks Rajveer.

Smiling, Naina turns to look towards him and teases him,

"Kyun, aaj mere mentor ke paas unki protégé ke sawal ka jawab nahi hai?",

she arches her right brow.

Rajveer smirks.

Getting closer to her he whispers into her right ear,

"Agar jawab de diya na sehm jaogi darr ke maare!"

Naina widens her eyes hearing that.

A big smile stretches on her lips and she asks him in excitement,

"Matlab marne ke baad bhi zindagi hai na?"

Rajveer looks towards her and says,

"Mujhe lagta to hai."

"Wo zindagi iss zindagi se lambi hoti hai ya chhoti?",

asks Naina, wondering, looking ahead of her.

Rajveer raises his brows, widening his eyes, keeping his eyes cascaded, wondering,

"Pata nahi Naina....",

he says looking up towards the sky, moving his eye balls left-right-left-right.

"Ye to ek aisa topic hai jiske upar kayi tark-vitark rakhe ja sakte hain. Agar koi maut ke baad ka safar taye karke wapas jab iss dharti par janma ho aur usse yaad raha ho ke kaisa tha wo ehsaas; kaisi thi uske marne ke baad ki yatra, usne kabhi kuch bataya ho to bus ussi baat par bharosa karne ke alawa aur koi chaara nahi hai.",

Rajveer smiles a little.

"Marne ke baad ke safar ke baare mein kise yaad rehta hai Sir? Aap bhi na!",

Naina laughs a little.

"Yaad rehta hai Naina!",

says Rajveer, his tone serious.

Naina's laugh vanishes immediately. She feels the hair tendrils of her nape standing erect. Did he really say that?

"Main.... main kuch samjhi nahi!",

says Naina, knitting her brows tight, anxious to know more.

Taking a deep breath, Rajveer whilst walking behind her says,

"Hmm... yahi to baat hai. Tum kuch samjhti hi nahi."

He embraces Naina into a warm hug, standing behind her.

"Ye... ye aap kya kar rahe hain? Koi dekh lega.",

says Naina.

Rajveer pauses with his hand works that he was doing on her - touching her hands; her arms, and says,

"Naina main tumhare itne paas khada hoon, itne andhere mein main hi tumhe theek se nahi dekh pa raha, koi aur kahan se dekhega humein duur se?"

Naina blushes and laughs hearing that. Rajveer laughs too.

Rajveer begins to trace her with his soft kisses, starting from the right corner of her forehead. Naina's eyes closes in a reflex action. She immediately converts her hands into fists, trying to keep her emotions under control. Slowly Rajveer reaches her neckline, Naina tilts her head towards her left to give him full access. Rajveer rubs his nose throughout her both necklines; her nape, inhaling her fragrance. Naina tilts her head backwards resting it against his chest. Rajveer hugs her tight, maintaining the position. They smile together.

"Chalo ander chalte hain subke paas.",

says Rajveer, smiling.

"Aap chaliye main aati hoon.",

smiles Naina.

"Andhere mein akele khade rehkar kya karogi? Chalo chalte hain subke paas.",

says Rajveer, knitting his brows a little.

"Aati hoon thodi der mein.",

assures Naina, smiling.

"Pakka na? Darr to nahi lagega na yahan akele?",

asks Rajveer, serious.

"Nahi Sir!",

smiles Naina.

"Alright.",

smiles back Rajveer and leaves.

Walking away from her, Rajveer sighs in relief as he realises that he needed this lone time to think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 644 8
This is a short story based on the popular Hindi show "Left Right Left". What happens when the unexpected happens? What happens when your teacher st...
9.1K 706 9
It's a continuation of "Ye Dil kya kare" by Debasmita urf @Rainaforever7
26.4K 1.9K 27
Raina Story.
26K 1.2K 18
Peep in to know.