The Breath of Water | Neteyam

By BongBongSoonieya

Jake Sully and his family have relocated to the Metkayina clan, hoping to escape Colonel Miles Quaritch's ava... More

1 โ€ข Prologue
2 โ€ข Fresh Start
3 โ€ข New Lessons
4 โ€ข New Lessons Pt. II
5 โ€ข Circumstances
6 โ€ข Circumstances Pt. II
7 โ€ข Dilemmas and a Companion
8 โ€ข Undesired Epiphany
9 โ€ข Expanding Relations
10 โ€ข Clarity
11 โ€ข The Hunt
12 โ€ข Confliction and Satisfaction
13 โ€ข Those Looming Feelings
14 โ€ข Etrรฌpa Swaw
15 โ€ข A Mighty Voice
16 โ€ข Those Expanding Feelings
17 โ€ข Suppressed, Now Divulged
Art Dump!
18 โ€ข Suppressed, Now Divulged Pt. II
19 โ€ข Compassion and Discord
20 โ€ข To the Harbinger of Calamity
21 โ€ข Tรฌmal
22 โ€ข In Due Time
23 โ€ข Development
24 โ€ข Development Pt. II
25 โ€ข Remember What You Have Learned
27 โ€ข The Plan
28 โ€ข The Plan Pt. II
29 โ€ข The Plan Pt. III
30 โ€ข Slight Awakening
31 โ€ข Signs, Symbols, and Signals
32 โ€ข A Subtle Change
33 โ€ข Exchanges
34 โ€ข Exchanges Pt. II
35 โ€ข The Ties that Bind, Will Bond
36 โ€ข A Leader's Address
37 โ€ข Cracking Those Boundaries
38 โ€ข Hopeful Endeavors
39 โ€ข Hopeful Endeavors Pt. II
40 โ€ข The Hunt: Phase Two
41 โ€ข The Hunt: Phase Two Pt. II
42 โ€ข Like a Supernova
43 โ€ข Txanwetseng
44 โ€ข Things We Need to Say
45 โ€ข Things We Need to Hear
NOT AN UPDATE
46 โ€ข In the Blink of an Eye
Rules and More of Taronsรคwem
47 โ€ข Beauty In Chaos
48 โ€ข Paranoia
49 โ€ข Good Talk
50 โ€ข Sandcastles
51 โ€ข Sandcastles Pt. II
52 โ€ข Txampayรค Way
53 โ€ข Aid and Advice
Sketches
54 โ€ข Say Yes to Me
55 โ€ข Harbinger of Calamity, Hear Our Pleas
56 โ€ข Some Truths Revealed
57 โ€ข Coalescent Souls
58 โ€ข One's Efforts
59 โ€ข Many Seeds Have Blossomed
60 โ€ข Many Seeds Have Blossomed Pt. II
61 โ€ข Preparations
62 โ€ข Preparations Pt. II
โ€ข HALLOWEEN SPECIAL PT. I โ€ข
63 โ€ข The Final Phase: Taronsรคwem First Half
64 โ€ข Kxamtรฌsyor
65 โ€ข The Final Phase: Taronsรคwem Second Half
66 โ€ข Post-Game Jitters and Pre-Game Flitters
67 โ€ข Fragments of Our Future
โ€ข HALLOWEEN SPECIAL FINAL PART โ€ข
68 โ€ข Taronsรคwem: Day Two
69 โ€ข Taronsรคwem: Day Two Pt. II
๐ŸŽ„CHRISTMAS SPECIAL๐ŸŽ„
70 โ€ข After the Long Fight
71 โ€ข Out in the Open
72 โ€ข Out in the Open Pt. II
73 โ€ข The Start of It All
74 โ€ข The Start of It All Pt. II
75 โ€ข No More Loose Ends
76 โ€ข Rising Tensions
!! NOTICE !!
77 โ€ข Little Spark
Art Dump! 2
78 โ€ข No More Running
79 โ€ข Revelations
80 โ€ข Pressure
81 โ€ข Comfort
82 โ€ข Pรคnu
83 โ€ข Memento
84 โ€ข Mori
85 โ€ข Rejuvenescence

26 โ€ข Perceptible Hazards and Risks

1.5K 67 6
By BongBongSoonieya

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, it was prom week and I was too busy 😖 but I am here now! 🥴

•-•-•

I want to stay like this forever.

Neteyam thought, holding Liyanin in his arms, rubbing perpetual circles on her back. He had to fight back the urge to tell her everything, to just litter her face with kisses. Meanwhile, she kept her face buried in his chest, waiting for her tears to dry.

Lo'ak and Tsireya had heard all of the commotion and what happened from nearby villagers, and ran over to her pod to go see, but when they arrived, they witnessed the embracing lovebirds on the canoe. Tsireya's eyes widened with surprise, wondering if her sister finally confessed how she felt to Neteyam. On the other hand Lo'ak, unaware of the romantic feelings the two harbored toward one another, just walked up on them, eventually ending their sweet moment.

"Neteyam, Liyanin!" Lo'ak said, which prompted them to slowly separate their bodies, turning to face him. Neteyam cursed in his head at Lo'ak, praying to Eywa to stop him from yelling at his brother. Tsireya sighed, knowing as well that Lo'ak had ruined their moment.

"What is it, baby bro?" Neteyam asked with a pained and annoyed smile, his hand still holding Liyanin's. The two didn't seem to notice their fingers were still interlocked, but Tsireya did, and she silently giggled, not saying anything to bring it to anyone's attention.

"What happened here? I heard other Na'vi saying someone was dying?" Lo'ak asked, bending down to meet their level.

"Ah, yes," Liyanin said while sniffling. "One of our free divers got poisoned by a txampay'weya. But I managed to extract it. He is inside recovering now."

"A txampay'weya? What is that?"

"It is like the...kali'weya you forest people have, only much more toxic...and they are saltwater creatures." she explained to the younger boy.

"Are you okay, sister?" Tsireya asked, rubbing Liyanin's shoulder. "You look exhausted."

"It was very nerve-racking. I did not know if I would be able to do it."

Neteyam gazed into her eyes as she spoke, unaware of Tsireya's noticing of him doing this. Her ears rose out of revelation, now seeing Neteyam's true feelings. It was so obvious, the way he was looking at her; Tsireya would be a fool to dismiss it as just a coincidence. It was the same look Lo'ak had given her when they first met. She wanted to tell Liyanin of her thoughts...but...that was not her place. Neteyam's confession would have to come from him and him alone...that is if he would even do it in the first place.

"...you should rest," Neteyam said softly, unconsciously rubbing her knuckles. This action soothed Liyanin's stress, easing the troubles she had. "...your sister will make sure that no one disturbs him." he added, his eyes drifting over to a now sleeping Tiluway.

Liyanin smiled slightly, her eyes now turning their attention to her and Neteyam's hands. His hand was still in hers, which made her become shocked. How long were they holding each other's hand? She didn't move it, though, for his hand was warm, yet cool; a fuzzy feeling sprouted in her chest.

"Dang, is that a needle sticking out of his neck?" Lo'ak popped.

"It is a detoxifier, Lo'ak." Tsireya explained. "It helps with getting the poison out."

He nodded, now understanding what it was. But as Tsireya's eyes settled on Tiluway, the fact that the needle was in his neck hit her. She turned to Liyanin, eyes widened and tail swaying fast. "Sister, he was stung in the neck?!"

Liyanin nodded, answering her sister's question.

"So that means you had to use the pxorna'?"

"Yes, that is how it works."

"Ma Eywa, Mother is going to be so proud of you. I know that ritual is one of the hardest."

"Ha...it indeed was quite the difficult task." Liyanin said, now getting up from the canoe. Her hand fell out of Neteyam's because of this, but since he didn't seem to realize their interlocked fingers before, it was likely he didn't notice this either. "Where is Mother, anyway? Apparently no one could find her." she asked.

"She went out diving today. She did not tell you?" Tsireya replied, prompting Liyanin to shake her head no. "Hm, well that is where she went."

"What is she diving for? We already harvested..."

As the two girls walked away into the pod, only Lo'ak and Neteyam were left behind outside. Neteyam's eyes were lingering on Liyanin as she walked away, his face obvious as to his longing for her. Lo'ak turned to talk to him, but saw his lovesick expression, immediately recognizing that look. He wasted no time in pointing it out to his brother.

"Bro, you totally are crushin' on Liyanin!" he exclaimed, but he wasn't so loud as to where those inside the hut could hear.

"Wha—what makes you think that?!" Neteyam asked defensively, confused and annoyed as to how everyone keeps finding out how he felt.

"Dude, the same eyes I was giving Tsireya are the ones you are giving to Liyanin." the younger one explained, chuckling. "Anyone who has good eyes can see how you feel."

Neteyam's ears folded downwards out of embarrassment, averting his gaze from his brother's eyes. "......you don't think she knows, do you? I mean, I have been trying hard to hide it from her—"

"Wait, wait, wait. Hide it from her? Why would you want that?" Lo'ak interrupted.

"...I am not going through this, just ask Kiri for all the details...she knows everything." Neteyam said, getting up from off the canoe, lifting himself up onto the netted pathway. He gave one last look to Liyanin, who was now feeling for Tiluway's pulse to make sure he was breathing, then walked away. He left Lo'ak there baffled and full of questions, but questions that were now directed to Kiri. He turned to go to her, but saw she was talking with Liyanin and Tsireya. He decided to wait, as Aonung was also inside the pod and he didn't want to bump into him. Literally and figuratively.

After an hour had passed, Liyanin had removed the needle from Tiluway's neck carefully, making sure to not damage any other part of it. She then grabbed a poultice made she had made that would take care of his injected area, as if it were a band aid for a 'shot'.

"This is to avoid the area from getting infected. Keep it on for two days and you should be fine." Liyanin said to the man.

"Thank you for helping me, Liyanin." Tiluway responded, his voice hoarse from the treatment. Liyanin nodded, and advised him to not talk too much and to avoid getting his neck wet until his poultice can come off. Kinat kissed her husband all over the face, grateful for his recovery, but then she hit him on his shoulder, telling him how she told him not to go into the infested waters. Peya was now laughing, her distress now gone, which in turn made Aonung's heart content.

"No need for thanks, it is my duty. And I care for you all." Liyanin replied, slightly bowing her head and smiling softly. The family were about to walk out, but then were stopped by Liyanin. "Before you guys leave, I need to know how txampay'weya got out in the first place."

"Huh?" Kinat started. "...Were they supposed to be confined?"

Liyanin's eyes widened. "They were not??"

Kinat and Tiluway shook their heads no.

"That...that is impossible...they are supposed to be in a restricted area..." she mumbled to herself, oncoming frustration rising. "...where did you say these infested waters were again?"

"It was the waters near the small feasting Marui." Kinat explained, Tiluway nodding along since he couldn't speak as good.

"The small feasting Marui?? That is way too..." she took a deep breath in and calmed down. She then turned her face towards the family. "You three may go now. I wish you a speedy recovery, Tiluway." she said softly, but soft as in she was trying to restrain herself from an outburst. The family nodded, and went out. Lo'ak, still outside the pod, was quietly listening to the whole conversation. When the three left, he walked up to the entrance of the pod, wanting to get closer to hear better.

"Sister, what is wrong?" Aonung asked, worry growing on his face as well.

"...someone tampered with those txampay'weya, Aonung." she stated grimly. Kiri and Tsireya's ears twitched out of shock, knowing the gravity of the situation.

"No, who would do that?" he asked.

"I...I do not know! Agh...this is so frustrating..." Liyanin groaned, rubbing her face intensely. Tsireya walked up to her and rubbed her back. "...I have to tell Mother and Father of this..."

"Aren't you guys gonna go check it out first?" Lo'ak added in. The group inside turned their heads towards him, Aonung expectedly being the first to rebut.

"Why would we go out and check? So we could get stung as well?" he asked harshly.

"To get a scope of things, to see how much there are. Jeez, no need to be so angry." Lo'ak replied.

"...Those things are fast underwater, you could get stung and not even know it." Tsireya mentioned. She then looked around the five of them, seemingly checking them all. "...just to be sure, everyone in this room knows what my sister can do, right?"

"What? You're saying Kiri knows too?" Lo'ak asked. They all nodded, and he sighed. "Of course she does."

"You know of what your sister can do, right?" Liyanin asked.

"I know that she really likes plants...and animals...and sometimes she would zone out or get too......oh shit......Kiri? You can...?"

She nodded while holding back a laugh. "I can't control water...but to be honest I am not sure what exactly I can do."

"Bro this is not fair..." he complained. Kiri and Liyanin giggled a bit, but then they shifted their focus back to the main issue.

"Liya, you could use your powers to collect all of the txampay'weya." Tsireya suggested. Liyanin nodded, agreeing with the idea.

"I am going to have to. It is too risky to be in those waters. But we need to issue a säpenghrr (warning); tell people to stay away from that feast hut...also to do what I need to do there can not be any onlookers." She explained.

"Why did this have to happen months before Ftxozä Aytulkun Atätxaw..." Aonung groaned.

"Tell me about it..." Tsireya agreed. "......so should we tell Mother and Father?"

"Why would we not?" asked Liyanin.

"They would be quite upset...but..." her eyes slowly landed on her brother.  "...Aonung was on watch duty this month..." she explained. His eyes widened with shock as he prepared to defend himself.

"What?! No, it was supposed to be Rotxo's turn this month!" he shouted.

"It was Rotxo's turn last month! How could you forget a role this important?" Tsireya shot back. Aonung started to calculate in his head, trying to see if what she was saying was true.

"..Ah crap...you are right..." he said, on the verge of having a meltdown. "...they will kill me...."

"I don't contest to that." Lo'ak chirped, causing Aonung to glare at him and hiss.

"Okay so we...do not tell our parents...?" Liyanin said, more of a question, though.

"Please, I can not give them another reason to disown me, sister." Aonung pleaded.

"How are you guys supposed to restrict the area while not telling your parents, though? I am sure your villagers will talk." Kiri mentioned.

"Damn, that is right..." Aonung cursed.

"We would not have to say it is txampay'weya. We could say an Akula got near...or something else fear-inducing..." Liyanin explained. "...anyhow, we must go now. We have to prohibit people from going near that hut before anyone else gets hurt." she then stated, already walking out the door while Tsireya, Aonung, Kiri, and Lo'ak followed after her.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 1.2K 38
Neteyam a young Forest Boy comes to the Metkayina clan with the rest of his family after a maniacal Commander named Miles Quaritch tries to destroy h...
10.9K 383 12
โ Had he died, he wouldn't have felt it. His heart was kept in the chest of his beloved. โž Neteyam is traversing his teenage years with his family in...
44.5K 1.2K 23
โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š ๐™ฐ๐™ฝ ๐™ฐ๐š…๐™ฐ๐šƒ๐™ฐ๐š ๐™ต๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ. โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โœฏ โ”Š โ”Š โ˜… โ”Š โœฏ โ˜… ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘โ„Ž neteyam finds an unconscious na'vi in the woods dur...
85.6K 2.4K 44
Jake's family flees the forest and flocks to the Metkayina clan of the East Ocean clans, finding refuge in Awa'atlu with his wife and children. When...