Beyond Antares: Latest Encoun...

By jenneacubero05

A few years after "Survival" and Doctor Who is tasked by the White Gaurdian to revisit the original crew of t... More

The Man In White:
The Star-Crossed Mission:
Old Friends:
Doubtful Minds:
Reports Of Reverie:
This Minute:
A Window To Heaven:
Fear In The Air:
Too Much At Risk:
Calling Occupants:
Links:

The TARDIS Awaits:

2 0 0
By jenneacubero05

"Captain's Log: Stardate 9749- During Enterprise-A's intergalactic misadventure, we were visited by acquaintances. These would consist of Lt. Saavik, Dr. Christine Chapel, Jamal Scott, the Excelsior's Captain Hikaru Sulu, Lt. Janice Rand, the mysterious Gallifreyan Time Lord, Doctor John Smith or "The Doctor" as he calls himself. With Smith are two youths; Dorothy Gale McShane and John Alydon Ganatus Chesterton. In the last hour, we contacted the Excelsior and explained the odd situation. As a result, the ship has set course to meet us on our route to fetch their missing crewmen. During our wait, we recounted our time with him back in 2269 to 2270 along with telling each other of our respective ordeals during these last 23 years. With so much that has occurred, where will we be at this rate?"

Now curious with a hint of sorrow, Smith has confined himself to his TARDIS where he finally found time to conduct his own research.

"When should I tell them?", The Seventh Incarnate pondered, "Should they know now or when we're already there? It could become chaotic then...but will that dimension think we're using them for ulterior motives? Will they think we'd be using them if Kirk already knows? About the Asase?"

He continued to ponder at his control panel. The Doctor skimmed and scanned articles and pictures; soaking up all the information he could find when the TARDIS allowed Kirk, Spock and McCoy to enter. Upon entrance, the men looked around in astonishment at the setting's pure white architecture.

"What the...", started Kirk.

"Welcome to Narnia,", winked the Doctor, "'Sons of Adam'."

"Narnia...", McCoy scoffed while still amazed, "This...this was a shack the last we saw it."

He was referring to the TARDIS's sad state back in 2269. This was due to the Time Lords limiting our Doctor as part of his punishment.

"Scotty did effective improvements.", joked Kirk. Though it was half joke and half truth. Scotty was assigned to assist Smith for a duration. However, the proud Whovian begged to differ.

"I told you alot happened.", chuckled Smith.

"At least you're smiling again.", Kirk replied, "Why not join Ace and Johnny? The crew showed them the game room."

"Of course they would.", laughed the Doctor, "But, I'll join them later. Right now I'm taking a look at...certain matters."

"So a break is out of the question...", said Kirk.

"For the moment.", answered the Doctor, "And-Oh! You're one to talk, Jim! I recall you always being on deck-even on shore leave!"

"That doesn't count.", defended The captain, "Emergencies don't take vacations."

"Out of curiosity,", started Spock, "what are you researching?"

"Many things, Spock.", said the Doctor, "Including articles involving...", he stopped himself, "involving strange phenomenons."

"Missing ships.", guessed Kirk correctly, "You always wanted to solve mysteries."

"Perhaps.", said the Doctor, "In this case, you can't blame me."

"We understand, Dr. Smith.", said Spock, "However, it would be illogical to put our crew into a dangerous journey out of pure, emotional speculation."

"And grossly irresponsible.", added the captain.

"We're in enough trouble with the Federation as it is.", McCoy pointed out, "We've been reported back to dock ages ago! Add in a misadventure to God-knows-where, and we'd be court-martialed faster than you can say 'Hailing frequencies opened!'"

"I'm in shock...", The Whovian shook his head. Both out of disappointment and of jest.

The Doctor Who continued, "I'm speechless. These are the men who'd 'boldly go where no other man has gone before'. To think these are the great explorers who willingly embarked on a five-year mission!"

"No use for the guilt-trip.", replied Kirk, "Our years of explorations....they're over."

"Should've gone back to the 70's.", snarked McCoy who was referring to 2270, "We still had energy."

"No excuse!", joked Smith, "I'm older than a lot of you and you don't see me in a rocking chair yet!"

"Oh?", Kirk looked at Spock and McCoy and coyly back at the Gallifreyan, "Well then, how old are you?"

"Don't change the subject!", retorted Smith, "All I'm trying to say is one more mission wouldn't make a difference. And, with so many strange happenings", his demeanor grows more mystical, "...so many oddities...so many possibilities in space..."

"Smith?", asked a bewildered Kirk.

The Whovian went on to perform a cryptic note, "Water dries out. Fire can fade and leave nothing but ashes. Air can only go so far along with the earth. But...what can stop the aether?"

Kirk, McCoy and Spock understood his words when the captain had to point out, "It is a big galaxy, isn't it?"

"With many more of her brothers and sisters to discover. Take a look at this-", The Doctor shows an article on the TARDIS screen.

It displayed a headline dating back to the fourth of January in the year 2273. The title: "Vulcan Crash Lands On Paradise Says He's Found Another Dimension."

As he scanned through the page, Spock found himself aghast to find a familiar name.

you've told me about it."

"Sybok?", He asked aloud.

"You know him?", said The Doctor.

Why, yes.", said Spock, "He was my brother. Paternal half-brother to be precise."

The Doctor's eyes exposed the shock.

"You never told me you had a brother."

"You had never asked.", Spock simply answered.

"He wouldn't tell you much anyway.", said McCoy, "Vulcans are privy to a fault."

"We do not see the logic in blending our familial affairs with our work.", Spock explained.

"Another reason,", started Kirk, "Was that Sybok was a pariah among his kind. He was a Vulcan mystic who encouraged emotion-the very antithesis of Surak's ways.

"Hmph!", went the Doctor, "Bet your father was livid, was he not, Mr. Spock?"

Spock raised his swept brows in fascination. Going on to recall, "If memory serves me right he and my mother were in shock. As Sybok was in college at the time, he was free to form his cult in secret. Then he was caught-either a student or a teacher exposed the scandal to the High Council. One trial later and Sybok was exiled-a pariah sentenced to damnatio-memrae. Had it not been for my father, Sybok would have been sent to Rura Penthe."

"Where did he go instead?", asked Smith.

"Anywhere that was not Vulcan.", said Spock, "Until his hostage on Nimbus III, my family and I have been unaware about his escapades."

"Scary when you think of it.", said McCoy, "Who knows what other cults he left behind? If this article is true, what damage has he done to this other dimension?"

The three men of the Enterprise looked at each other in realization, wonder and an ounce of horror. They remember the chaos Sybok had caused in his quest for the land, Sha-Ka-Ree. What trouble had that other realm endured?

They continued pondering when a call came from the outer chamber's intercom.

"Bridge to Captain Kirk.", announced Uhura, "Come in, captain."

Upon hearing her voice, the voice came out of the TARDIS and to the intercom.

"Captain Kirk speaking.", announced Kirk once getting ahold of the wall's device, "What's the trouble, lieutenant?"

"The navigation panel is down, sir.", informed Uhura, "Chekov and Scotty have been trying to fix it but to no avail."

"Hang tight, I'm on my way.", Kirk turns to the trio, "Gentlemen?"

"Might as well.", said Smith.

"It's a miracle.", said McCoy.

"Well, you could use my expertise.", Smith shrugged, "Afterwards, I might give that little game room a try.", he turns to Spock, "After all, you still owe me that rematch."

The Vulcan raised his brows not out of fascination but of annoyance. Truly, it is unfortunate that Gallifreyans have a great memory.

By the time the quartet got to the bridge, they were surprised to find that the scene was in a tiff. While Scotty and Chekov were accompanied by two more engineers, another three were with Uhura, Sulu and Rand at communications. When asked what was the matter, the lieutenant went to explain, saying,

"Communications have been jammed, sir. It happened just as you ended the call."

"Here,", started Smith as he reached for the communications, "let me see."

As everyone was occupied with their technical difficulties, other peculiars were happening back at the Teleportation Chambers. Everything appeared quiet and normal when the TARDIS hummed an unusual buzz. It didn't sound like a swarm of buzz but more like a swarm of wires rearranging themselves. Within seconds, one could see purple lightning surge from the TARDIS's antenna all throughout the chambers' flooring. Moments later, the topper of that navy-blue police box radiated the same purple hue as the lightning. From such a forging combination, Enterprise-A shook violently without care for her passengers.

"Everyone, hold on!", said Kirk as he grabbed on to the bridge rails.

"We'll be alright, I promise!", shouted The Doctor.

Regardless if anyone heard him or not, the ship continued to go haywire until she and all with her phased into the abyss of space.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 287 23
The names Taylor Stone. I'm a Timelord, but I'm also just a kid. My life's crazy and wonderful all in one. I'm a Star Fleet officer. I'm computer op...
113 6 33
This is a project i did on DeviantArt in 2018 and ended in 2020, so its a full story that will be posted here so everyone here on Wattpad can also re...
30.4K 1.2K 22
En route to an urgent humanitarian mission, the U.S.S. Enterprise D stumbles upon a strange sight; a blue, wooden box stranded in the middle of Feder...
4.2K 141 19
Four universes. Doctor Who. Marvel. Star Wars. Demigod. It's time for them to collide in an epic crossover. Will they ally? Will they work together...