Woman and Machine I (TFP & Pa...

By brookyoung1229

Let's see where the road of both Pacific Rim and Transformers Prime leads my brain shall we? Koda Shank is a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Second book

Chapter 3

1.3K 34 71
By brookyoung1229

Authors note: I've decided to change the heights for Optimus and Gipsy Danger. Optimus will be 37ft instead of 30ft. (not much but hang with me lol) and Gipsy Danger will be 50ft instead of 40ft. I was watching the movie today and it just made sense to have er' be taller. Happy reading!

(Kodas POV)

As I woke I felt a throbbing in my head. Looking over at the clock I groaned. It was only 4:47am.

It had been a few days since the Kaiju attack and I was still recovering. Damn mental toll. But today I was going to meet the rest of my new team. At least that's what Fowler told me. The Agent had been going back and forth between their base and this base.

The only info I had about Optimus' base was that it was an old missile silo, near Jasper, Nevada. Also that there were four other Autobots in that base.

"They can wake me up," I grumbled and fell back asleep.

(Third person's POV)

The door slammed open, "KODA!"

Koda who was sleeping immediately bolted upright and held her fists in a fighting position, "What's the issue Sir?!"

The Commander shook his head, "I hope you don't plan to do this with your new team all the time, it's 8am,"

The woman rose from her bed and shook her head before walking over and sliding on a t-shirt that covered her tank top, "Don't intend to, Sir. I'll be down in a few minutes. Just let me pack my bag,"

The Commander nodded and left Koda be. The woman packed some t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, along with cargo pants and a pair of sweats. Other than that Koda grabbed some of the other essentials, such as a few bras, underwear, deodorant, her toothbrush, toothpaste. The whole shabang. Oh, and some books. Those are very important.

Once Koda was finished she zipped up the big duffle bag and made her way out of the room. But as she walked to the door her eyes landed on a picture.

Koda set the bag down and walked over to the picture. It was of her when she was 10. The Commander was in it along with another man. He was the original co-pilot of the Gipsy Danger, Raleigh Becket. Koda and Raleigh had a good bond. He'd taught the woman a lot about the Jaeger.

Sadly he was killed in the first category 4 Kaiju attack. Only the Commander had survived...(I know, it was his brother who died(and it was a cat.3 not 4)  but ima changed it around. As well as some of the stuff we see. (Also I'm just going off the first movie for this story as it's the only Pacific Rim content I like.)))

The three of them looked so happy in that picture. Koda brought it over to her bag and was about to put it in when she read the handwritten note on the back. It was Raleigh's writing. Though it wasn't perfect, Koda could read it just fine.

"There are things you can't fight. Acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when you're in a Jaeger, suddenly...you can fight the hurricane."

The message also had a small note beside it.

"Treat Gipsy Danger well when I'm gone Little Bear,"

"I've been trying my best, Ral," Koda whispered as she carefully placed the picture frame into the duffle bag. As she looked back in her room for the last time a small smile graced her face. So many memories were made here, but now it was time to make new ones. With a new team. And who knows, maybe she'll consider them family one day.

"Giant alien robots...That's certainly an interesting family," Koda chuckled as she walked down to the elevator. She said or thought nothing as the elevator traveled down to the main floor. It was just silence in her head.

That was till she reached the main floor. She saw Optimus in his alt. Agent Fowler and the Commander were standing beside the mech. Koda let out a breath that she'd been holding and stepped forward to the men.

Agent Fowler stepped forward and took Kodas bag before hopping into Primes alt. He set the duffle bag down on the passenger side floor.

"I..." Koda started but was cut off as the Commander stepped forward and embraced her tightly.

The Commander took a step back and smiled softly, "I know. Just...be careful. Take care of Gipsy. I know she'll be in good hands."

Koda nodded and saluted, "It's been an honor serving with you Commander."

With that Koda walked over to the Peterbilt and hopped in. She set the bag on her lap and let out a sigh.

"Are you going to be okay soldier?" Agent Fowler asked as Optimus began driving.

"Yes...Yes sir."

~

(Three hours later)Also the Jaeger was transported via ground bridge. But the kids and their guardians haven't seen it yet. Except Raf.)

To say the drive was quiet, was an understatement. Fowler and Optimus would have a small conversation here or there but Koda didn't say anything. Well...that was mostly because she was asleep.

Her quiet snores and Optimus' engine were the only thing that kept it from being silent.

As they drove near the base Fowler nudged Koda, "Hey, it's time to wake up,"

Koda moved slightly and she opened her eyes to see that they were no longer at the military base. Rather on a highway. And in front of them, huge rocky mountains. Koda became slightly worried as Optimus didn't slow his speed when they drove off the road. She grabbed her bag tightly. Her heart rate elevated a bit and her breathing became faster.

As the rocky wall came closer and closer Koda held her bag even tighter.

Fowler chuckled, "So you can fight against aliens but get nervous over a wall?"

Koda glared at the agent, "Shut up."

The rocky wall then opened up into some sort of door. All the anxiety that had built up in those few moments was now gone. There was a tunnel just ahead of them and Optimus drove down in. Only to come into a huge building.

The old missile silo, just like Fowler said...

As Optimus came to a stop Agent Fowler jumped out of the driver's side. While Koda stepped out of the passenger's side, her duffle bag slung over her right shoulder. The woman looked around curiously.

"So this is the new firepower hm? Thought she would've been bigger," A olive mech asked as he walked over. Followed by a yellow and black mech. And a navy blue femme with pink highlights.

Koda was about to say something but Optimus transformed and spoke first, "Do not judge her by her size Bulkhead. Though small, she is powerful. Both physically and mentally."

The femme knelt down to inspect the human, "It'll be nice to have another femme out on the field. Names Arcee,"

Koda gave a two finger salute, "Koda."

There were multiple beeps that came from the yellow and black mech, "I'm not sure if you can understand me. But my name is Bumblebee!"

"I can understand you just fine Bee," Koda chuckled.

Optimus turned to Arcee, "Where is Ratchet?"

The three bots looked at each other, and laughed, "He's picking up the kids,"

The new human looked up at the Prime and saw a small smile grace his face, "How did you manage to do that?"

"Well...we may have baited him into doing it," Bulkhead said slowly.

"We were out on patrol at the time. And Arcee can't really drive three kids around," Bumblebee explained, "Bulkhead and I were done but convinced Ratchet that there was some backed up traffic."

"We didn't know it would actually work!" Arcee put in quickly. Then shivered, "He's going to beat us into scrap when he gets back..."

By now Koda and Agent Fowler had made it up to the main area, where the humans reside.

"I take it Ratchet's not too fond of humans then?" Koda whispered to Fowler. She was finding this rather funny, but didn't show it.

The Agent shook his head, "He's only ever liked Raf,"

Then before anyone could say anything else there was the sound of an engine coming through the tunnel. The three bots in question all took a step back.

An ambulance pulled into base and came to a stop. Two unfamiliar humans stepped out of the ambulance. One a girl who looked crazy and a boy who seemed more mature and maybe a year older than the girl. Koda perked up when she saw Raf hop out of the ambulance. He seemed to say something as he stepped back to let the ambulance transform.

Once he did, Koda saw that he wasn't happy.

"Traffic hm?" His gruff voice asked the three bots that Koda had just met.

"We didn't mean to cause any harm Ratchet!" Bulkhead said quickly. Bee and Arcee both hid behind the bigger mech.

"Oh really?" Ratchet asked and pulled out a huge wrench from God knows where, "How about I make sure there is a traffic jam next time!"

Just as Ratchet was about to go after the three bots, Optimus stepped in and carefully laid a hand on Ratchet's shoulder, "Old Friend, please set the wrench down. They meant no harm,"

Ratchet put the wrench away and began to walk away grumbling to himself. Then a moment later he froze and turned back around. His azure blue eyes searching for something, "Where's that new human? I've got questions about that suit! For human technology it's impressive. The one who runs it must–"

"Why don't you introduce yourself first, Ratchet?" Raf interrupted softly. He stood beside Koda and was holding her hand. The young boy had missed Koda, though they hadn't known each other for very long.

Ratchet seemed a bit surprised and embarrassed that he just went into a mode. He looked between Raf and Koda for a moment then helmservoed, "I'm terribly sorry."

"It's okay Ratchet. My name is Koda and I will happily answer any questions you have about my Jaeger," Koda stated kindly. Raf then led her down the stairs towards a long tunnel. Ratchet followed them, but told the other humans and bots to stay away. Though he let Optimus follow, since he'd already seen the Jaeger.

Raf brought Koda down to the second last corridor. The last one seemed to be a vault of sorts. While the previous ones looked to be berthrooms.

"We just set up a few things as we weren't sure what you liked," Raf explained as Koda and the young boy stepped into a huge room. There was a smaller walled off area that acted as a small housing area. Koda set her bag down on the double bed. But the rest of the room was for the Jaeger.

Then smiled as she saw the Jaeger just a little ways away, "Good to see you Gipsy Danger," She whispered.

There were already things set up and a ladder that led to the control unit inside Gipsy's helm. Koda offered Raf a hand which the boy took. Though he let out a surprised yelp as he was lifted off the ground and sat down on the woman's shoulders.

"Hang on Raf," Koda warned the boy as she began climbing the tall ladder. To her surprise Raf was as light as a feather. She heard Optimus and Ratchet come into the room as she was half way up the ladder.

Once Koda reached the Jaegers helm she set Raf down onto the platform. (There's platforms here and there that allow access to the more important parts of the Jaeger) She warned the boy to be careful. He promised he would.

"What powers it? It seems like a core of sorts but I didn't want to touch it, just in case I did something wrong," Ratchet asked as he looked up at Koda.

The woman then slid down the ladder. Which scared the mechs and Raf, but she landed on the platform which let her look at the power core.

"It's a nuclear reactor. All the Mark-3 Jaegers had one. When the newer Jaegers were around they used another power source. I didn't care about it because Gipsy has a strong heart. This core also makes her resistant to EMP attacks," Koda replied.

"It is certainly a sight to see when online," Optimus stated. Koda nodded in agreement.

Over the next half hour many questions were asked and answered. But one that came up near the end of the conversation was, "How can you pilot alone? From what you keep saying, it's as though there needs to be two pilots. Or the mind can't handle it."

Ratchet knew he'd touched a sensitive area as he noticed Koda freeze.

"Story for another time? I'll come out after, I just wanna put a few things away. I've yet to meet the other kids," Koda replied, changing the subject. Ratchet nodded and let Raf jump onto his servo before he followed Optimus out of Kodas room. The huge door closed behind them.

Leaving Koda alone. She slid down the ladder and put her clothes and such away. Placing the picture of her, the Commander and Raleigh by her bed.

The woman let out a sigh and walked out to the main area. Ensuring that no one was in her room. She walked out to meet the two other humans.

As she walked into the main area Koda watched as Bulkhead, Arcee and Optimus walked through the ground bridge. Ratchet closed it and walked over to what looked like the med bay. Raf ran over to a spot near the big monitor and typed a few things into the computer before returning back to where he'd come from.

Koda walked up the stairs and saw Raf along with the two other kids. Fowler wasn't anywhere in sight, so Koda assumed he'd returned to base.

"DUDE! What are you hiding that we can't see?!" The young girls voice brought Kodas attention to them. The crazy lady ran over to the woman.

"That's classified."

"But Raf saw it!"

"That's because he needed to know how to help me operate it. What's your name?"

"I'm Miko!"

The boy on the couch got up and walked over to shake my hand, "Jack."

"Koda," The woman shook his hand and was surprised at his firm grip. She looked over at Raf, "Where did the others go?"

"Energon mine," The boy replied as he led Koda over to the computer he was at earlier, "Energon is their lifeblood. And the Decepticons have their grimy hands in each one. So the bots have to make raids, sneak in, or find smaller untouched mines to survive."

"That's pretty rough," Koda stated as she looked at the life signals of the Autobots who were absent. At a closer look she noticed something different about Optimus'. She pointed to one of the lines on Arcee's life signal, to not draw attention to the leader, "Hey, what's that one for?"

"That's how much Energon they have in their systems," Raf replied.

"I see. Thanks Raf," Koda squeezed the boy's shoulder gently before walking off. She felt someone watching her and turned to see Ratchet observing her. The woman walked over to the medic and whispered, "You knew that Optimus' Energon levels were low didn't you?"

The medic nodded, "He takes half of what he should...I know he's letting the rest of the team have it, but I worry that something will go wrong on a mission and it'll be because he was an scraphead," He replied quietly.

I sighed, "Have you ever tried to make sure he gets what he needs?"

"Only when he's injured. Or in stasis..."

Koda hummed before walking off. Back towards her room.

It was getting late and she wanted to wake up early tomorrow. She closed the door to her room and slumped onto the bed. Not caring that she was still in her normal clothes. Though one thought bothered her, and she knew it would come back rather soon. It was Ratchet's question about piloting her Jaeger alone...

---------------------------

*Waves* h-hi again! 
Hope your enjoying the story so far!
I've got some ideas. They might take a bit to get written out but I'm excited. Also I'm tryna slowly bring in Kodas backstory. A certain mission could trigger something too...Ohhh I love getting ideas on the spot! XD 

Brook, are you okay?

*Mischievous laugh* now to make her suffaaaa!

Oh boy...do we need him Prime? 

We may indeed need him Bulkhead...
The ideas may be too much for her

*Evil laugh* I HAVE IDEAS *le gasp* oh but thats sad...OH WELL

Boss?

*Sighs* bring him in...I didn't want it to come to this..

*pulls out wrench* We gave you many chances Brook...

NO PLEASE, NOT THE WRENCH *tries to run*

*THWACK* I'm sorry, the ideas were consuming you

I'm fine lol. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!!
YOU ARE AWESOME!!! DONT EVER FORGET THAT, OR ELSE I'LL SEND IN RATCHET

Love ya!!
-brook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 790 16
ShadowLight is a warrior that was born as a mistake. Her teacher is Ultra Magnus. Shadow finds herself on the planet called Earth. She picks up a tr...
679 41 4
On a planet known as Cybertronians, beings known as Cybertronians, Intelligent robots that could think and feel inhabited the cities. Split into two...
41.4K 1.5K 39
Second book in my transformers prime fanfiction. If you haven't read my first book, it is called "Amulet of Life." Lora Creed's world has fallen apar...
2.5K 165 17
Alias is an unusual girl. She doesn't remember who she was when she was younger, her first memory was as a 6 year old, stumbling through the woods in...