π‘­π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖:...

By lovemelikeuuuu

Modern College AU: In his third year of college, Naruto Uzumaki has been near the top of the list as a unive... More

β€οΈŽοΈŽπˆππ“π‘πŽπƒπ”π‚π“πˆπŽπβ€οΈŽοΈŽ
1: π‘Άπ’ƒπ’”π’†π’“π’—π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
2. 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕
3. 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍
4. π‘»π’“π’Šπ’‚π’
5. π‘»π’‰π’“π’π’˜π’ƒπ’‚π’„π’Œ!
6. 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒔.
7. 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔
8. π‘ͺ𝑢𝑡𝑭𝑳𝑰π‘ͺ𝑻
9. π‘Ίπ’–π’π’“π’Šπ’”π’†
10. 𝑨 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉
11. 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒔
12. π‘΄π’Šπ’”π’•π’‚π’Œπ’†π’”
14. π‘Ύπ’‚π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
15. 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔
16. 𝑢𝑢𝑷𝑺
17. π‘­π’†π’†π’π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
18. π‘ͺπ’π’Žπ’‡π’π’“π’•
19. π‘¨π’π’ˆπ’†π’“
20. 𝑢𝒗𝒆𝒓
π΅π‘œπ‘›π‘’π‘  πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘ŸοΌšπ‘΄π’π’Žπ’†π’π’•π’”
21. β€οΈŽοΈŽπ‘­π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝑭𝒐𝒓 π’€π’π’–β€οΈŽοΈŽ
22. π‘·π’‚π’”π’”π’Šπ’π’
23. π‘¨π’”π’”π’–π’Žπ’‘π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
24. π‘Όπ’π’…π’†π’“π’”π’•π’‚π’π’…π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
25. π‘·π’†π’“π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’
26. π‘»π’†π’Žπ’‘π’•π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
27. π‘©π’π’šπ’‡π’“π’Šπ’†π’π’…π’”
28. π‘΄π’Šπ’π’†ΰ°Œ
SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT
29. π‘©π’…π’‚π’š π‘©π’π’š
30. π‘¨π’Šπ’Ž
31. 𝑴𝒆𝒔𝒔
32. π‘¨π’π’”π’˜π’†π’“π’”
33. 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒅𝒆
34. π‘΄π’‚π’Œπ’†π’–π’‘
35: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒏𝒅 ღ
𝑼𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆?!(12/19)

13. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕

695 30 45
By lovemelikeuuuu

2 1/2 years ago:

He had his chin sitting in his palm. Elbow rested hard on the passenger door. Grumpy and very hung over.

"What it is gonna take for us to turn that frown upside down?".

Kushina looked back at her son, now a grown man about to enter college. It seemed just like yesterday when little Naruto was running with his untamed blonde hair & never ending energy. Asking mommy to play cars with him, asking daddy for piggy back rides. Naruto slowly steered his gaze to his mother and actually gave her a smile.

"I'm sorry mom... this whole first love heart break thing is just really getting to me".

Minato rolled his eyes, "I told you something was off with that Yamanka girl". Kushina slapped her husbands arm causing him to flinch. "We don't chose who we fall in love with!".

Naruto smiled at his parents as they light heartedly bickered over his first love. Kushina turned herself around again in the car seat to look at him. "Listen sweetie... college is a brand new chapter. You're gonna meet so many different people... different kinds of girls. I know getting over your first love is hard believe me... but one day you're gonna meet someone so special, you'll forget all about this heart ache".

Minato looked at him through the mirror "But college isn't all about parties and girls. Stay focused on your studies young man. You'll have plenty of time in life for love".

The conversation definitely brought his spirits up. His parents always knew what to say. "Yea yea I know... thank you mom... dad. This just sucks!" He ran a hand through his hair and continued looking at the window "I wish I could meet my special someone now! Where is she?".

His parents laughed, "Well hopefully at a library and not at the damn mall every day. How many times a week does a girl need to go shopping?". Naruto and Kushina laughed at his fathers annoyance.

Suddenly Minato squinted his eyes at the road ahead "What the ...". He gripped the steering wheel then in a flash the entire car was shot back wards.

Naruto was the only surviver in the car crash.

The summer before college started, Naruto got dumped by Ino the night of graduation and a month later lost his parents.

When most of the guests started to leave the funeral service, Ino arrived. Sasuke and Sakura tried stopping her from entering, but Naruto let her in.

She took his hand and the two went somewhere quiet to speak.

Ino looked at the the distraught blonde. She felt awful. This was no way to start a new chapter of life. She knew she had no right to be there but she wasn't entirely heartless.

She handed him a bouquet of flowers with a card. "I'm really sorry for your loss Naruto". He looked down at the flowers with hatred. "You came here just to tell me the same shit everyone else did?".

There was no point in retaliating. He was heartbroken by her, now by the passing of his parents. He owed her no mercy even in an act of kindness. "I ... don't know what else to say".

He got up from his seat and punched the nearest wall with his good arm. "Damn it Ino!". He shook off of the pain and faced her enraged. It pained him the last memory he had with his parents, they spoke about her.

"Tell me that you love me. That what you said was just a lie. Tell me that you're here now because you wanna support me the way you said you would". His voice started to crack the tears were welling"Tell me... that you'll be here for me because I really need you".

The curvaceous blonde frowned. She never thought she would live to see that day where she actually wanted to please him. She wasn't good at being emotionally caring.  She wished desperately in this moment that there was a truth in his requests. But there wasn't. Ino came to terms with the fact that she never loved him, probably never will, even if he was the best man in the world for her. Ino hugged him and began fighting back her own tears.

"I'm sorry... I just can't be there the way you need me to".

She detached herself from his side and left him standing in the private corner of the funeral parlor.

For as long as she can remember, he was the one she wanted.

They met when they were one years old. None of them could say they actually remembered meeting, their memories all date back to when they were about four, and playing in the sand box.

They were a trio since then. Naturally this occurred because their fathers were best friends. The funniest and liveliest of men who wanted their beautiful friendship to pass on to their children. And for the most part it did.

Ino was the only girl, but she always treated like another one of the guys. But as they grew up, she also grew into her own emotions, thoughts and ways.

Everyday when she came home from school she was greeted by her mother. A big smile and kiss on the forehead that she couldn't get tired of. "How was your day sweetie?" And she would answer her mom with the same question  "Will daddy be home tonight ?".

Her mother sighed, pushing a strand of hair out of her face "Not tonight sweetheart I'm sorry".
Inoichi was barely ever home ever since he got that big promotion at work. He was making a killing but those first two years of working the positions he was never around.

He gave his only child money all the time, always encouraging her to buy herself something nice. When he was home, it was never for long and the man was tired. He took the position to ensure his wife didn't ever have to work again. He wanted to be the sole provider. But what he didn't know is that all his time away was deeply affecting his only daughter, who was desperately craving fatherly attention.

The boys slept over a lot when they were kids. When she made frenemies with Sakura, it was the only time she felt seen as a girl. Karin kinda just followed along... really she was there because her annoying cousin Naruto wouldn't stop bugging her to find out if Ino might like him!

When they started high school, their interests would make them a little distant but they still made efforts to stay close.

"I think I'm gonna join the foods club... seems like a fun time" Choji said with a smile. Shikamaru laughed "Good! We're gonna need a chef in the friend group. I'm sure I'm gonna be real hungry after all these chess matches". They heard the gymnasium doors open and Shika's eyes went wide. He saw Ino in her cheer uniform. Growing boobs sitting right, ass perky and a defining abdomen shown.

She jumped in excitement hugging her besties, "I MADE THE SQUAD! IM OFFICIALLY A CHEER LEADER!!!".

Being fourteen and discovering what hormones were sure was a drag. It didn't help that his bestest female friend was developing such a curvaceous body. Even more so he found it ... appealing.

It was until they all underwent puberty that he thought of Ino in romantic or sexual sense. Sure they'd known each other since forever. He felt comfortable enough to tell her all of his problems. But now that they were in high school, it seemed the universe was throwing him curve balls about what he considered just a friend.

At his first ever chess practice, the group of newbies all introduced themselves.
"I'm Rock Lee!" was stated with enthusiasm.
"Hi! I'm Karin Uzumaki!" Was said with confidence.
"Sasori" was vocalized with dullness
It was his turn "Hey.. I'm Shikamaru Nara". He looked around the room at his fellow freshmen and there was only one person left. She had short dark hair, a very sweet looking face, and very evident curves although she was wearing a sweater. An older boy that looked like her smiled "Go on introduce yourself" he said with assurance.

She looked at the ground the whole time, loathing these introductions! "I-I'm Hinata.. H-Hyuga".

Shikamaru couldn't help but find her shy nature adorable. The students were told to get into groups of two and Nara carefully walked over to the shy cutie. "Hey uh.. Hinata is it?" She looked up from the ground, "Y-yes?". He bent his head downwards to meet hers so now she was looking down at his brown eyes. "Let's be friends" he said cooly. She smiled. Hinata could feel he had a calm nature like her, and his aura was inviting.
"Alright".

The cheer team was usually done with practice thirty minutes after the chess club. Shikamaru would come pick Ino up so they could walk home together. One day he stepped into the gymnasium with her. Ino looked her up and down. Black hair that was shoulder length, baggy sweater that still  somehow outlined her growing breasts, tan cargo pants that still defined her hips and growing ass. This girl had shape, similar to Ino but not quiet the same. Shikamaru and Hinata we're talking happily as they waited for their friends. Sakura walked over to them first greeting them both and grabbing Hinata's arm. When the blonde made it she resisted mugging Hinata with her face. "Hina, this is my best friend Ino. Ino this is Hinata Hyuga". They did all go to middle school together but Ino never paid attention to her. Not until she just realized Shikamaru already had a nick name for her...

"N-nice to meet you Ino" Hinata said with a genuine smile "You all looked so great practicing... really good job!". Ino found her self at odds with this Hinata character. She was shy, nice, GENUINELY nice, but she couldn't figure out what bothered her so much.

"Thank you" Ino said dryly. Sakura found the shift of energy from her frenemy weird but didn't think anything of it at the time. She grabbed Hinata's arm and they said goodbye to their friends, heading off. Ino and Shikamaru walked home in silence. Hina he called her Hina.. I don't even have a nick name from him. "What got you all quiet he asked?". She lifted her head up from her thoughts. "Oh uh.... I just was thinking about that girl.. Hinata. How do you know her?".

Shikamaru smiled at the sound of her name, filling Ino with a new negative emotion "She's in the chess club with me. We also have chemistry together". Ino nodded, but inside she felt sick. He's been hanging out with this girl for months, the school year is almost over... why has he never mentioned her??

"Are you two close?" She asked. He gave a confusing look "We definitely aren't best friends like you me and Choji but we have been getting close".

"Do you like her?" She asked a little too quickly.
Red rose in Shikamarus cheeks, he scratched the back of his head with nerves "Nah.. Hina's just a friend". Looking as his eyes avoided hers, her heart sank. For the first time, Shikamaru lied.

Most days Shikamaru never got a chance to walk Hinata home. She usually walked home with Shino, and other times that really hyper active annoying prick named Kiba who took her out all of the time. But one day neither of those boys were around, & Ino was sick. So it was his perfect opportunity.

"Hina.. would you like to get something eat with me?". He asked her nervously. He wanted to get to know her away from everyone. Outside of chemistry class where they couldn't even talk and away from chess practice. Nara felt drawn to her presence & wanted to discover this new feeling. From that hang out onward they started a tradition that when they could they would get sushi after practice.

In the years that followed Shika felt confused. He didn't know what it was about Hinata that made him feel all mushy inside. She was beautiful. Her shyness made her adorable but what sprung his heart out of his chest is when she would open up and confide in him. They had so many similarities he began to believe she was his reflection. He found she was someone he could enjoy silence with. But was that a crush? Or was it that he just really enjoyed being her friend? The only thing that could compare to these feelings for her, were his feeling for Ino.

Comfort. Happiness. Peace.

Yet they were two different girls. The Yamanaka was his comfort zone. Ino had seen every good and bad side of Shikamaru. She was there for all of his secret controversies. When he got into fights over guys trying to hit on her, she cleaned his bruises. When he fought with his parents, he stayed over her house and slept in her bed. They tried drugs and alcohol together, cried and laughed together. They had secrets together that not even Choji knew. She was a friend for life. Ino was his sweet spot. But Ino was promiscuous, she often got in trouble, & made herself outwardly available. Hinata was a fantasy. This quiet sexy shy and alluring innocent goddess who could do no wrong in his eyes. Ino was a reality, a gorgeous, confident, & beautiful blonde who saw all of him for who he was, went after what she wanted with full force, at his side at the drop of a hat.

But we all want what we can't have.

That May her heart was shattered.

She was cuddled up into his chest, looking up at his sleeping face in complete bliss. She started to traces his abs with her finger tips, adoring every inch of his body. I love you she thought.

Ino loved Shikamaru with every fiber of her being. They took each others virginities, how could she not still be attached to him? He was a great guy. A great listener, calm sweet and caring. He never judged her promiscuous ways and understood her trauma.

Ino decided she would change for him. She was ready to leave all of her antics behind. No more sleeping with random guys, no more playing catch. She was ready to end the days where she got off on being someone's dirty little secret. Ino was ready to surrender to the secret mushy side she contained, because she only had it for Shikamaru Nara.

She put her head on his chest to hear his heart. Steadily beating for her. They had only had sex a hand full of times. After each encounter they would both act like it never happened. The times they did it when she was dating Naruto, they would go weeks without speaking. They were both filled with guilt, but then a month or so would pass and they would act like it was nothing. Convincing themselves they had valid reasons for betrayal.

But last night, after weeks(really years) of unexplained tension between the two,  Shikamaru came with her favorite flowers, brought her dinner and loved her body like it was his last day on earth.

Ding!

Ino gently lifted her head and saw a light glowing from Shikamarus phone. She cautiously got up from the bed, going over to the side table where his phone was. Her hear rate picked up when she saw the text.

😍😍😍: Good morning shika! Don't know if you're awake but I just wanted to say thank u 4 yesterday🥹❤️ ilysm

Who could it be that he saved under these heart eyes???? She tried a couple of passwords to unlock his phone and was successful on the fourth try. She turned his phone on vibrate and went to the bathroom with it locking the door.

She sat on the white tiled floor scrolling through his messages with her. Who could this be?

The messages were all pretty tame  and friendly, nothing flirty. But her contact name obviously was not friendly.

She read all of their messages dating back for about two months. They talked nearly every other day. But then she read something that made her heart stop. It bothered her they he never addressed her by her name in these messages. He called her cinnamon or sometimes sugar.

Shika: sugggaaarrrr
Shika: tell me you're ready to match me today!!!! No more bailing out
😍😍😍: shika I told you I'll battle you when I'm ready 😭
Shika: come on!!! You already had practice rounds with Itachi! I'm the new club captain you can't avoid this!!!

There were only two girls on the Konoha University Chess Team.
Karin Uzumaki
And Hinata Hyuga.

Ino felt her blood boil. Why did he have her name saved as heart eyes. She always secretly felt he might have a thing for her but he never confirmed it.

She decided to exit his texts with Hinata and type her name in the search bar of the messages app. She looked through all the recent conversations where he mentioned her name.

Choji: how's Hinata doing with the Kiba break up :/
Shika: she's hurting ya know... she literally caught him sleeping with another chick
Choji: wow that sucks ass.... But ya know it couldn't be better timing 😏
Shika: 😳😳😳😳 Choji u know I can't... it's too soon
Choji:shika! You've had a crush on her for years its time to make a move! Stop being such a dumbass and shoot your shot
Shika: she's only been single for two weeks!!!!!!!!
Choji: and? Time to swoop in and be her night and shining armor! U know how many guys have been dying to get with her and out of all of them YOU actually deserve to be with her
Shika: i do want her.... But what if it fucks up our friendship? I love Hina I don't want jeopardize the bond we have
Shika: what if she doesn't feel the same 😞
Choji: you and Hina would be great together... if you wanna give her some time then go ahead but don't let the whole summer go by without making a move... someone else snatch her up before you even get the chance.
Shika: yea yea Alright... so what's up with you and that pretty red head from your arts class? 😏

Tears were steaming from Ino's eyes. This text conversation was from yesterday!
He
He loves her?
This whole time?
Even after they gave each other their virginities
After he told her that she was the most precious person in his life?
So what was last night for if this convo with Choji took place only two hours before he came over?
How could he break her heart like this?
She already felt she wasn't enough because of her father now she wasn't enough for her first real true love.

She exited the bathroom with fury. Going back to her bedroom she saw shikamaru got up and was stretching. When she saw her he smiled "good morning beautiful" he said in a groggy but sexy voice. His face quickly changed when he saw she was crying, then looked down and saw his phone in her hand.

"You... and Hinata?".

His eyes widened he quickly put on his boxers and walked over to her but she stepped back. "Ino hear me out".

"You... you love her? After you just told me... you wanna give us a chance?".

Shikamaru knew he was in the wrong. What he felt for Ino was completely different than what he felt for Hinata. They were two different women. Getting with Ino last night was because he ultimately knew Hinata didn't see him the way he wanted to... at least not right now. So he might as well try and get over her with someone he does have some interest in.

She couldn't see it, but Shikamaru was using Ino the same way she used Naruto. When Ino looked at her boy best friend she saw red. She was never threatened by Hinata in the past, her dislike was only because it was clear shikamaru treated her a little too friendly. But now it was war.

What does she have that I don't?
What has she done for him that I haven't?
I was here first.
Damn near since birth!
She gave him her virginity
Her trust.
Her vulnerability.
Her good and bad and she took Shikamaru for all he was.
But his heart belonged to the girl with the Byakugan eyes. A girl who wasn't even available while Ino was standing right there in front of him.

It was too late to go back from whatever she saw on his phone. "Ino... I can explain".

The blonde shook her head, "You've been lying to me... this whole time. All of these years! I've loved you and you knew it!".

She dropped his phone on the bed, running a distressed hand through her luscious hair "I never had a chance... did I?"

Shikamaru rushed forward cupping her cheeks and trying to get her to look at him but her eyes stayed shut, tears leaking through her lashes. "That's not true Ino it's... it's just complicated!".

"It's not complicated at all!".

What pained Ino the most is that she  felt comfort from his touch. He was her perfect man. It was too hard for her to believe that he was capable of deception. She was used to always having the upper hand being the one who call the shots. So as he held her, kissing her cheeks over and over telling her how sorry he was, all she could think was, this was all Hinata's fault.
Hinata must've led him on
Tricked him
Played with his mind like Ino has done to countless of guys.
Hinata wasn't this shy innocent pure hearted saint that everyone made her out to be. No. She is a devil in disguise, a wolf in sheep's clothing a girl who flaunts her looks in front of men. A girl who was toying with Shikamaru's emotions while she was in a relationship making him think they had something. A girl taking Ino's heart & soul away from her!

Shikamaru couldn't have used her... there's no way.

Ino finally looked up into his big brown eyes as she decided her next words, "It's either her or me".

His heart stopped.
She couldn't be asking him this. But Ino needed to. She NEEDED to know if Hinata was worth more than their life long bond. If she actually compared.

Nara paused for several seconds. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Unknowingly making the biggest mistake of his life so far.

"Ino... I'm sorry".

Inos mental vision was clouded by flames & destruction. The first time she was ready to open up her heart, and it ended in disaster. All because of Hinata Hyuga.

That awful late morning in May, Ino Yamanaka decided that if she couldn't have the man she wanted, she would ruin the life of the women he loved.
**********************************************
A.N: Men ain't shit! Shikamaru is a nice guy but even he wants & has fulfilled his selfish desires😬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 492 20
this is a sasusaku and naruhina. There will be more sasusaku story. Will Sasuke and Naruto confess there love or will Sakura and Hinata will What wil...
3.2K 109 12
Life here's been pretty good lately, I got a new apartment (since the last one got blown to smitherings), been going on plenty of missions here latel...
65.3K 2.6K 16
Welcome to Konoha College! There are two very intelligent groups, Special A and Special B. Special A includes the members, Sasuke, Naruto, Neji an...
25K 373 22
This is a romantic story of naruhina fanfic and the setting takes place in high school this is my first fanfic I hope u like it thankyou. I wonder d...