The Strongest Amity.

By Sugarnubar

Anna Davis was the impediment of Amity. Kind, Friendly, Loving. For 17 years she was involved and never thoug... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
Epilogue.

26.

1.7K 40 0
By Sugarnubar

Sitting at the leader table was definitely different. I sat between Marlene and Eric. Over the last week me and Marlene have become close. She is only 2 years older than me and we clicked once we were alone. Max sat at the head of the table with a small dark women. She had dark brown hair that was pulled into a ponytail and tattoos creeping up her neck and down her arms. She had a small gold band in her ring finger and had her brown eyes on Max in a lovingly manner. That must be Maggie. I will have to introduce myself today. Greg and Derek were sitting across from us. Uriah had joined us a couple minutes ago.

"If I didn't want you before but watching now. Showing us how powerful you are." Eric whisper in my ear and place a hand on my upper thigh. My breathe hitched and not from anxiety. I looked up and made eye contact with him.

It almost felt like there was an unspoken electric shock that went through us. It made my yoga pants feel damp as we stared. I felt him start to move his hand up when Marlene gaged and nudged me.

"Seriously you two? We eat here." She yelled at us. I jumped and blushed deeply. He removed his hand and placed it on my back instead. That is a safe spot for how we were just feeling.

"You haven't even jumped his bones and you guys have chemistry like that. Damn. It will be good when it is time." She said and winked. I gasped at her and giggled.

"Our sex life is none of your business Marlene." Eric grumbled while pouring some tea into my mug.

"Or your nonexistent one." She teased while plopping a small potato into her mouth.

"It is starting to exist." I said before picking up my tea. I smirked when I saw her choke and Eric snicker as he cut into his stake.

"I want details later." She whispered and I laughed hard.

>>>

I was laying on my back listening to Niki read her book. Eric thought it would be good to spend the last night with everyone. That being said I couldn't sleep. I have the shirt Eric was wearing today and his joggers. But knowing he was home and alone made me restless. It is so ridiculous that I feel like I need him to sleep. I have my spot on his bed waiting for me.

I tossed and turned for another couple hours before I have up in sleep and threw on a hoodie. Of course it was Eric's and tucked his key under the hoodie. I slid tiptoe out of the dorms and walked through Dauntless. It was roaring with life as initiates celebrated their ranks and finishing inituation. I was never one to party. I smiled at the friends I came to know. Ian may be salty to me still but he was still a friend. Erica was dancing very sensually with Uriah and Ian was dancing with a dauntless born named Lindsay. Erica must have sensed my stare and looked up and she waved. I waved back and winked as I walked away.

I walked up the stairs to the leadership floor. Tomorrow I will get my keys for my apartment. My name plate had already been placed. I touched the gold name plate. Ann Devis. I wanted something close not his last name.

"I was wondering when you were going to come." A deep voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned. There was Eric was leaning against the door jam without a shirt. I smiled slightly as the small glow from his apartment lit up the dark hallway.

I walked to him a kissed his check softly before walking into his living room. I felt at peace here. I feel at home.

"I couldn't sleep. When you spend almost 2 weeks away from the openess of the dorms it is hard to sleep." I said a looked at the clock on his wall. 11:47 pm..

"Well, let's change that." He said and wrapped an arm around me while ushering me to his arm.

"I think I'd rather be here anyways in case I have a nightmare. My fear landscape I think sent me backwards slightly." I mumbled embarassed.

"Baby. That is normal. Especially facing what you did. You will be safe here. Always." He said and kissed my head before pulling back the black covers for me.

"Can you hold me?" I asked as I watched him climb into his side.

"Is there any ways else to lay with you?" He teased knowing I love being cuddled. I shoved him before laying down. The moment he laid down and got comfortable I clung to him. I laid my head on his chest with a small smile and his arm wound itself around me.

"Tell me about your time in Erudite." I said softly after a few minutes of quiet. I felt him stiffen slightly but the take a deep breathe and relax.

"Well, you know how awful my parents were. I know that not all parents in Erudite were like that. My grandmother basically raised me but she worked on the otherside of the city so I didn't see her a lot. But everytime she came by it was like my parents changed. They actually acted like I existed. We'd go out and do things as a family. It was definitely for show but when I was a kid it meant everything to me. When I got older it pissed me off. It made me feel like I was being used and that I wasn't good enough. I know my parents were mortified when I defected. But what did they expect? That I'd stay in the faction they abused me in?" He said and my heart broke.

Yeah I had one major trauma but I had a good childhood. My mother raised me with a lovingly word and touch. We would make bread and pasta from scratch. We would sew together and read when we had the chance. Me and my father would ride the horses together and clean the barn daily. I don't know what happened that awful day.

"I am sorry. I know that doesn't change it but I am sorry. You went through something that no one deserves." I told him rubbing his chest with my thumb. My hand was resting close to his snake tattoo and it made me realize that I wanted another one. But I would be getting the leadership one soon.

"I think that is why I like to read so much. I did grow up in Erudite so the love of knowledge never left me. So I am here but Max is always bring me books. Either they are about violence or a new trade he brings them. He said I needed a hobby from beating people up." He laughed and I smiled.

"Well, think. Soon I will be your new hobby." I teased and placed a quick kiss on his chest.

I felt him shift and flipped me on my back. He intertwined our fingers and placed this above my head and straddled me. He had a dark look in his eyes that made me blush deeply.

"You already are my hobby." He said before kissing me deeply. His tongue reached out and pushed it's way into my mouth and I sighed deeply.

He left go of one of my hands and placed it on my left thigh and hooked it up around his waist and grinded against me. I moaned slightly at the pressure of him against me. He did it again and it sent a small wave of pleasure through me and I sighed into the kiss. He pulled back and looked at me with a smirk before rolling off of me competely. I laid there pissed and panting as he smirked at me.

"I call bullshit." I grumbled and glared at him.

"Delayed gratification. Right?" He teased and pulled me close. I rolled my eyes and rolled over so my back was too him. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close.

"Sleep baby girl. You have a long day tomorrow. You are going to need it." He whispered in my ear.

"Why do you say that?" I asked lacing my finger through his and snuggling against his front more before closing my eyes.

"Max wants to see how we train and I want to push you hard so you can show just how amazing you are. Then we will have more mind testing for you." He said quietly. I froze.

"I thought you said I wouldn't have to do fear land scapes again. Eric. I don't. No. I can't do that again." I said with a quiver of my lip.

"And you won't baby. I promised didn't I? You will be put through tests for the next 4 weeks to see how you handle stress, anger. And yes fear. But not with your landscape. It is like an unspoken rule to not use them against you." He said and almost cooed to me. I calmed down and kissed the back if his hand and sighed.

I was falling asleep when I heard Eric start to speak quietly. I woke a little and listened.

"I have fallen so in love with you. I am being selfish but I will never let you go." He whispered. I smiled slightly and turned in his arms. His eyes went wide. I leaned in and kissed him softly.

"I love you. It was fast and reckless and I have fallen so hard for you. You have brought me back and is still bring me back." I whispered and kissed him again.

He deepened the kiss and smiled into it. It wasn't sexual at all. It was loving. Competely loving. For 6 weeks I have fallen for Eric Coulter and I don't really care it is too fast. I have fallen for this man and I won't let myself lose him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 267 42
*COMPLETED* Angela Anderson, a future promising clever Erudite. Every member knows one day she'll be leading them. Good grades, good communication, t...
242K 4.9K 32
"Please, Grace let me explain. I-",he starts. But i interrupt him. "Theres nothing to explain Eric. You've had to choose. Either helping me, or obeyi...
364K 7.5K 42
❝ I knew, from that moment on, that nobody could ever confess, they love me, without the splintered thought of you running through my mind. Consciou...
9.6K 307 23
β•” ═ ═ ═ ═ β•— β•‘ Book Three β•‘ β•‘ of β•‘ β•‘ Three β•‘ β•š ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Her patience is wearing thin. Her life has...