Map of the Blazing Hearth (Ga...

By VentreCanard

Iris Evangeline Daverionne is a white werewolf who hates vampires. She vowed to herself that she would never... More

Map of the Blazing Hearth
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 49

13.7K 1.2K 299
By VentreCanard

Chapter 49 The Arrival

When I first possessed the map in my hands, I knew the big responsibility along with it. I've witnessed how Ressa sacrificed herself to protect the map. How she decided to bring the map along with her when she thought that no one has the ability to hold the map as she did.

I wouldn't forget how Ressa's body was burnt together with the map. Ganoon na lang ang matinding pagpapahalaga niya sa relikyang inaasam-asam ng lahat. Queen Leticia told me how important and valuable the map, at mahigpit ko iyong pinanghahawakan bago pa man ako magtungo sa Fevia Attero.

I know that the power of the map would give us information about the different worlds, but the moment I saw that approaching fire and lightning that was about to kill us, it was the only thing that crossed my mind.

It was foolish. I know that my map was not a weapon, but I knew that it was as powerful as the other relics that King Thaddeus provided for the mates of his children. At lalong hindi ko yata kakayanin na ang ipinadalang diwata ni Haring Raheem ay iaalay ang sariling buhay para lang sa akin.

I could accept myself as a sacrifice, but to accept that lives were to sacrifice for my sake? Iyon ang hindi ko papayagan.

Nang tuluyan nang nakalabas ang katawan ko sa malawak na kadilimang iyon na hinahabol nang isang matinding pagsabog, ang nakapikit kong mga mata'y unti-unti nang nagmulat.

"Iris!"

At first, I could only see blurred visions with Tavion's voice that kept calling my name. Until my eyes finally adjusted and the blurred visions turned into familiar figures— shaking figures of the ruin.

I am back!

Nagkamalay na ang totoong katawan ko sa loob nang lumulutang na bilog sa ibabaw ng altar.

"Iris!" sabay na sigaw nina Sierra at Vera na bumalik na sa kanilang maliit na katawan. Agad nila akong niyakap at lumapat ang kanilang katawan sa magkabilang pisngi ko.

Patuloy na sa pagyanig ang lugar na iyon habang nakatingala sa amin sina Tavion, Rosh at Alarik, na mukhang nalilito sa nangyayari.

The thick bubble around my body was melting, giving Tavion, Rosh, and Alarik huge droplets of it. The part of the bubble was thick and sticky, making Rosh complain.

"T-This suit is expensive!"

Hinayaan ko lang matunaw iyon hanggang sa maging ang katawan ko ay sumama na sa pagbagsak sa lupa.

I saw how Tavion tried to catch me, but I landed safely with one of my knees bent, Sierra and Vera on my shoulders, and when I looked up, I gave Tavion, Rosh, and Alarik a small smile on my lips. "I am back."

Sabay ngumiti sina Rosh at Alarik habang tulala sa akin si Tavion. Rosh even gave him a nudge on his side to wake him up from his gaze.

Napahinga nang maluwag si Tavion at mabagal siyang naglakad papalapit sa akin. And this time, he offered his hand, like a prince. "At least, accept my hand?" natatawang sabi niya.

At hinayaan kong alalayan ako ni Tavion na tumayo nang tuwid.

This time, as if the place were starting to circulate around us, the continuous shaking of the ground, the debris and fragments falling in different places, the roaring sounds of unnamed creatures, and the overwhelming power of the fuming old ruin— because for the very first time, a stubborn sacrifice learned to fight.

"Alam kong ako ang nagsabi sa inyong lahat ng ideyang maaari na nating sirain ang tatlong lagusan nang sabay-sabay, ngunit habang nakakulong ako sa kadilimang iyon, tila may pilit bumubulong sa akin na mabuting unahin natin ang lugar na ito."

"So, to make it simple, we destroy this place first, right?" tanong ni Rosh.

I didn't even think the pressure that I gave Anna and Harper when I told them this idea. Nang sandaling nagkaroon kami ng usapan ay wala roon sina Claret at Zen, isa na iyong malaking indikasyon na may hindi tama sa pagkakataong iyon sa Sartorias.

And it isn't easy and simple to enter another bone-eating portal, dahil maging kami ay napakaraming pinagdaanan bago makarating sa lugar na ito. They need a lot of time— bagay na hindi na namin kaya pang ibigay sa kanila.

Ayokong darating ang panahon na bigla na lang kuhanin ni Tavion ang katawan ko at itakbo sa responsibilidad gaya nang ginagawa ni Haring Thaddeus. And I don't think that Tavion would have his own plan after getting my body as a sacrifice, hindi gaya nang ginawa ni Haring Thaddeus, because my Tavion experienced enough to see more sacrifice from his loved ones.

"I know that the Head Wizard will do everything to help us, after all, he hates this place to hell," dagdag ni Alarik.

Tumango ako.

Walang tigil sa pagyanig ang buong lugar habang lumiliit ang bilog na siyang ginawa namin sa isa't isa habang kapwa kami magkatalikuran.

Huminga ako nang malalim bago ako naglakas ng loob sabihin kina Tavion at Rosh ang kapalit ng pagbabalik ng buhay ko. "The map was destroyed."

Napahakbang patungo sa unahan ko si Rosh at nanlalaki ang mga mata niya. Of course, he's from Nemetio Spiran, he knew how valuable the map was. "The map is known as an instrument to find powerful places, other relics, and creatures, but this time I turned it into a weapon."

Rosh was about to say a word, but he kept it to himself. Bumalik siya sa posisyon niya kanina hanggang sa marinig kong nagsisimula na siyang tumawa. "You are really one hell of a woman."

"She's my mate," sabi ni Tavion.

"She's not the princess type, I guess?" dagdag ni Alarik.

"Isn't it awkward if men talk about you in your presence?" biglang tanong sa akin ni Sierra.

"So, how are we going to start destroying this ruin?" tanong ni Tavion.

"The moment we start breaking its walls, the creatures will go crazy. The explosion and such will give them welcome to move freely away from this place, and the Fevia Attero will have the knowledge about the situation of this place."

"We're still the criminals of this place," sabi ni Tavion.

"The Head Wizard has the ability to manipulate the minds of his citizen. The announcement about your existence in this world has been banished," sagot ni Alarik.

"Wow, is that legal? What if Dastan has been manipulating our minds as well?" tanong ni Rosh.

Nanliit lang ang mga mata ko sa kanya. Ngumisi siya at nag-angat ng dalawang kamay. "I was just kidding."

"There are only a few instances that he can try to use it on his citizens. Don't worry. So, should we ask for some assistance from the Head Wizard?"

Lahat sila ay napatingin sa akin dahil sa tanong ni Alarik. Huminga ako nang malalim bago ako umiling sa kanila.

And that decision didn't even falter them. Sabay-sabay lang silang tumango sa akin bago nila inilibot ang kanilang mga mata na tila tinatansya kung saan na sila magsisimulang manira.

"There are monsters that will try to escape, so I'll be outside to create a barrier," sabi ni Alarik na naglalakad na palabas.

"I'll be on your side," sabi naman ni Tavion.

"Us too!" dagdag nina Sierra at Vera.

Tavion looked at them sternly as if he was trying to analyze when these pixies started to grow fond of me.

Nagsimula nang mag-inat si Rosh habang naglalakad na rin. "Then I'll be on my own."

Kung iisipin, hindi na biro ang grupong mayroon kami.

We have Alarik as the wizard that can handle the barrier, Tavion as the summoner who has the ability to communicate with monsters, Rosh as a vampire who has a deep connection with nature— as the ruin being surrounded by forest, and as a white werewolf who challenged the ruin for the first time.

Tavion, Rosh, Alarik, the pixies and I will be making a history— a different version of history that has yet to be written.

"Let's do it!"

Hindi na nagsalita pa sina Rosh at Tavion. Bigla nang nawala si Rosh habang si Tavion ay agad nang nagtungo sa harap ng altar kung saan dalawang katawan na ang nasaksihan niyang lumutang at inialay sa lugar na iyon.

With Tavion's back in front of me, I saw how he drew his fists and in one single blow, the altar slowly showed visions of different cracks until it exploded before our eyes.

Sabay pumalakpak sina Sierra at Vera habang mas yumayanig ang lupa at nagkakaroon ng marami pang bitaw ang lugar. Hindi na nagpaawat si Tavion sa harapan ko, dahil ang galit at pagtitiis na pilit niyang pinakakalma nang sandaling nakakulong ako sa bula'y ngayon ay inilalabas na niya.

I couldn't even see him in single place, dahil tila dumami na sa paningin ko si Tavion habang sinisira na niya ang lugar na iyon.

At sa bawat atakeng ibinibigay niya ay may lumalabas na iba't ibang uri ng halimaw na halos hindi ko na mapangalanan. Tavion's body has been flying in different directions with mouths of monsters that have been attempting to eat him alive.

Ngunit walang nagtatagumpay dahil kung hindi nahihiwa ang kanilang katawan, bigla na lang itong sumasabog, ang ilan pa'y kusang umaatras dahil sa nakikitang mga mata mula kay Tavion.

Tavion's gray hair turned red because of too much blood from several monsters, his long sharp nails were dripping in blood, his eyes were blazing in fire red, and his scarred body has been drenched in blood as well.

Muling tumilapon ang katawan ni Tavion sa gumuhong parte ng lugar na iyon. The thick smoke overwhelmed the whole place that made us cough several times. My initial plan was to help them and move as freely as Tavion, Rosh, and Alarik. But witnessing how Tavion showed all his frustrations and anger after all these years, made me stand still and watch him closer.

"He's not a monster summoner, but he's a monster himself," usal ni Sierra habang pinagmamasdan din si Tavion.

Because Tavion drew too much attention, calling all those monsters nearby. Ngayon ay ni hindi na ako pansinin ng mga halimaw dahil ang buong atensyon nila'y naroon kay Tavion at sa katawan niyang tumilapon.

And when the pieces of huge rocks started to move slowly, with Tavion's devilish laughter overwhelming us, the monsters advanced closer, igniting all their manas and surprise attacks, I could feel the beading sweats on my forehead.

Ramdam ko ang pigil na paghinga nina Siera at Vera habang nakatutok din sila sa bunton ng mga bato kung saan naroon ang katawan ni Tavion.

"A-Aren't we going to help him?" kinakabahang tanong ni Vera na kagat na ang kanyang mga daliri.

"We can still catch up," nag-aalangang sabi ni Sierra.

Umiling ako. "Tavion will not like it."

Nang nararamdaman na ng mga halimaw na unti-unti nang lalabas si Tavion mula sa mataas na bunton ng matatalas na baton a tila isang maliit na bundok ay sabay-sabay na silang lumipad upang sumugod para salubungin si Tavion.

But Tavion's too quick to bring himself on top of that mountain-like debris, because before the monsters could have finally reached him. He was able to brag how his genes as a Gazellian would make him glow even in tough times.

Tavion Lancelot Gazellin spit blood from his mouth, he literally combed one of his bloody hands on his red hair, while the other one on his waist, his whole body was drenched in blood, the fangs were bared, his eyes were burning, and one of his legs were stepped upper than the one, like he was someone who reached a peak of a high mountain and he was about to wave his kingdom's flag.

Sierra and Vera cheered in unison. "Hot! Prince Rosh no more!"

Tila narinig iyon ni Rosh dahil agad siyang nagpakita sa tabi ko. "What's going on?"

"He lost it. He's unstoppable," sagot ko.

He chuckled. "As if we're going to stop him. Good job, Tavion!" bago muling nawala si Rosh sa tabi ko ay inilapit niya pa ang mukha niya sa balikat ko at naningkit ang mga mata niya kina Vera at Sierra.

While Tavion's busy getting more attention from the monsters, I knew that I was the only one who could attract the bigger monsters that could forever seal or destroy this place. After all, they were from this world. And the connection that I have with them is the only one that can bring all of them together.

I left Tavion inside the throne room as I ran as fast as I could, and before I could reach another door, I jumped as high as I can, turning myself into a different version of a white werewolf— a giant white werewolf that wasn't even recorded in the history.

And this time, I howled without hesitation, awakening the first world who would witness how a bone-eating portal should have savagely been destroyed.

My huge body almost wrecked the old ruin, Alarik barrier was glitching, Rosh vines were losing their grip, and the monsters were cowering.

I continued to howl in this foreign world, calling the four creatures who should only have the ability to create powerful portals—the elemental dragon trains.

And as I stomped my foot on the entrance of the ruin, with my loudest howl, four creatures suddenly appeared in thin air, giving us four different versions of dragons, snaking their tangled floating bodies around a huge white werewolf.

Fevia Attero's four dragon wizards.

My third mission in this world— meeting them and telling them that we have a bigger responsibility in the future.

After all, we're the next queen's powerful team.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15M 483K 51
He is cursed. He is in heat and he wants you. *** Sampung taon lamang si Perisha nang kupkupin siya ni Kaden, ang misteryosong lalaki na kulay berde...
13.4M 642K 49
"She's my best friend, and she's the thirteenth victim." Nangako si Althea Denise Limerick at ang best friend nitong si Elyse na hindi sila magiging...
2.9M 61.7K 22
Over Series, Book #1 || Breakups are one of the things that Lei dreads, may it be a romantic relationship or friendship. So when her first boyfriend...
3.2M 73.6K 56
An angel was sent to Earth to protect Violet from evil forces. Unknown to them, it was his wings they were after. ...