Single Dads

By etshaitera

Single dad of Ame and single dad of twins Cartier and Bentley were called to guidance office after their firs... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 - The overreacting dad who thinks his life is a melodrama

Chapter 2 - Stoic was his first name but he's a sweet dad if you squint

374 43 1
By etshaitera

Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Win heard his alarm ringing and it took him by surprise. He then looked out his window only to realize that the sun was peeking already. Ahh, another sleepless night for him today.

Win Metawin, being the acting CEO of his clan's conglomerate as he is the direct line of his father's legacy, sure has a lot of things to prove especially how he is unapologetically loud and proud gay in front of their whole clan. His parents had always been supportive of him and his preferences and he was loved fully by his entire family. However, his relatives have a lot to say--- like how a gay person like him is an embarrassment and how they could never accept that someone like him will be the face to represent their clan. There were a lot more noises and nasty remarks but Win chose to focus on more productive things. Like being the CEO right now and proving how much he could do.

As of this moment, his relatives do not have much power to fight against him knowing how he is backed up by the biggest boss, which is his dad. But Win knows that the power of his dad couldn't be passed down to him nor could protect him forever. He knows in every fiber of his being how he needs to work twice or thrice as hard as any straight male cousins of his age just to prove how he is the best and only option for the job. He knows for sure that all his uncles and cousins are waiting for his downfall so they could rob his position, that is why he works almost 24/7 because he cannot allow any room for mistakes.

"Sir Metawin? The twin is awake," the voice on the intercom said.

His twin babies.

Win has never been a fan of romance. Well, not that he denies its existence, but for him, it's good enough that it exists for others. For him, it's good enough that his eyes had witnessed different kinds of romantic love from his parents or his sisters and even his childhood best friend, Neen, with her husband, Nani. He is too busy to even think about it anyway.

"Win! I set you up on a date with the hottest bachelor in town. Nani has a friend who is, by the way, ridiculously hot. Oops, don't tell him I said that!" Neen said one time, but all Win ever responded was a low groan of frustration. As much as Neen is the sunlight and the breath of fresh air, Win is the midnight darkness and the quiet but deadly drizzle. It's fascinating how their friendship still gets stronger each day even if their attitude is totally the opposite of each other.

"Stop it, Neen. Don't set me up on a date," Win responded half-heartedly.

"Ugh! Please, I don't want you to live alone! All your sisters have their families already!"

"Neen please, I don't need you to set me up on a date. Would've appreciated it if you hook me up for sex instead."

Well, Win may not be a romanticist but wouldn't equate to him being a virgin as well. His sex life is as active as any man at the peak of his raging hormones. He just usually spends some lonely nights either with his own beautiful hands or some fine men he'll meet in clubs.

But despite having no interest in romantic relationships, Win dreams of having a family (even without a partner). He dreams of taking care of his babies and being the best parent for them. Looking at his lovely twin who both just woke up from their slumber --- with their messy hair, still groggy eyes while adorably yawning— he felt like this is the best decision ever. He rekindled that moment he had decided to finally have children.

"Your daughter is pretty," Win said the moment he first held Neena—Neen and Nani's first daughter.

"Yeah, she is," Neen responded weakly. She's still worn out from her labor process.

Win stared at the very adorable days-old baby in front of him. His eyes are probably in heart shape right now and Neen could see the spark in her best friend's eyes.

"I know you want your own child, too, Winnie."

That got Win's attention that caused him to tear his eyes from Neena and stare at her mother instead. He never told Neen about his cravings for having an own kid but he's so touched how his best friend noticed it without him informing her.

"I just saw how much you adore children. You even treat me as your kid sometimes. I know it's Win and as your fairy god bestie, I will grant your wish. Let's do it Win, maybe a year or so if I am ready again."

And surrogation happened a year after Neena was born. Neen almost regrets it because she didn't sign up for two active fetuses inside her stomach, but it's all worth it after giving Win his two greatest treasures.

Win was nothing but the best father his twins could ever have. He juggles his CEO duties along with his father duties, which is kind of a challenge knowing how much of a workaholic he is. He makes sure his children would never lack anything they need—whether from their physical needs, and most especially with the emotional and mental needs. However, it is inevitable for him to be stricter to his children as it's always been his personality. That sometimes, it seems like he's disciplining his children so much that it's quite not appropriate for his kids at that age as they are expected to be more playful and naughtier. Neen even joked to him one time that he needed to find a partner with a soft voice and more friendly demeanor just so his children wouldn't hate him so much. Win just rolled his eyes but it internally got inside his head.

Is he really that strict and serious to his children? Will his children hate him one day for being so stoic? Will they hate him for having no other parent since Win has no plans to find someone?

"Dada no school pwis? Play play only!" Bentley said while Win drives his twin on the way to school. Cartier is sleeping beside her.

"No, Bentley. You need to learn how to read and write. It's important that you..." Win stopped midway now that Bentley is also sleeping beside her sister. Win just smiled. Seeing his twin in uniforms made him feel so emotional but of course he won't let it show that much. He could almost feel his tears from the corner of his eyes but it is so out of his character to let it flow so he tried to hide it until they reached the school.

***

The drive wasn't that long but the nap made Win's son moody. The moment he unlocked the car and helped his children go outside the car, Bentley started running away to which Cartier imitated.

"Bentley! Cartier! Stop running, you'll both be sweaty! Your class hasn't even started yet!" Win ran along with them but he was able to get Cartier and Bentley is nowhere to be found.

"Bentley!!! Where are you!?" Win shouted more and continued running.

"Bentley! Oh there you are!" Win finally saw his son but the problem was, he was hugging some stranger's leg while shoutin.

"Dada noooooo! Benwey wants to pway and not school!"

"Me too dada! Let me and Bentley play please!!!"

"No!" Win said that caused the two kids to stop whining. Seems like the kids had great fear with their fathers.

***

Win cannot seem to focus as he felt the burning stare of the stranger in his face.

"Hello parents and students! Welcome to Rainbow Learners, Inc. Congrats because your kids were able to pass our exams."

"It's easy for Ame, teacher. Ame has memorized the alphabet and colors and could even read with comprehension!" Bright proudly said which earned a scoff from Win.

"Well, my Cartier is the highest as far as I have heard. Maybe Cartier is the gifted one."

Win saw how Bright's eyes widened. Well, Bright cannot believe how his innocent proud moment turned into some kind of lowkey argument. And Win cannot understand it as well but it seems like there's something about Bright that stirs something inside him. Something that pushes him to annoy him so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 13.6K 110
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
191K 2.2K 78
"We all know there's only one person in this world that can control Rafe Cameron."
90.8K 2.2K 19
It all started out so simple....... Just a quick refuel a quick stop nothing more........ on and off the planet just like that....... BUT IT WOULDN'T...
142K 3.4K 38
Izuku Midoriya, neglected and bullied due to his lack of a quirk, endured abuse from his family and friends, especially his twin sister Izumi and Kat...