His Billion Dollar Girl

By HeiroAcre1981

The story of two different people who were fated and destined to be together found their way to meet and fall... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 18

8 0 0
By HeiroAcre1981

"YOU ARE SUPPOSED to have your rest day today."

The gentle and so canning soft voice of Lizabeth startled the guy next door unexpectedly. Today was Monday and the two of them were scheduled to take their rest day. But instead, Ralph was in his full kitchen crew uniform, ready to sidle through the hallway, heading to the elevator. However, Lizabeth immersed from her apartment just in time Ralph passed by. And uttered, reminding him admonishingly about the specific day of the week for them to chill.

"Mondays are our days of rest." Lizabeth continued sidled to Ralph and swiveled to block his way. "Do you really need that much money, Mr Cortez. That even to our rest day you still have some reserve energy to stump there?"

"Not really that I'm in desperate need of money, baby girl. I have paid for the first six months of my monthly rent." Ralph cautiously sloped against the wall of the hallway, giving ample time to talk with Lizabeth. "So I am worry free at the moment. And the other bills like electric, water and the internet service can easily be covered by my salary." He ran a hand through his hair. "I just want to consume my potential energy to something that could be beneficial since I cannot exploit my energy to the thing that I want to do." He grinned devilishly at Lizabeth. "And you know what that is."

"Excuse me, Mr Cortez. What do I know about the things you want to do in life?" Lizabeth scoffed wryly before grabbing Ralph's collar. "And by the way, Mr Cortez.." she clenched his collar, causing him to choke slightly. "Stop addressing me that! That Baby Girl endearment. I'm not your–"

"You are my girlfriend, pretentiously, not technically." Ralph interjected admonishingly loud and emphasized, sneering at Lizabeth. He then quickly draped his hands around hers, before yanking them optimistically from his neck. "Remember what Mr Limestone told us to do to pretend to everyone that we're boyfriend and girlfriend." He sniggered teasingly. "And I am thinking if the thing that most couple do is included."

Abruptly and unexpectedly, a strong slap perfectly landed and hit on Ralph's right cheek, making the guy gawk in puzzlement and mortification. Ralph held his right cheek which was now reddened because of the slap Lizabeth maneuvered. Belligerently, Lizabeth gripped on Ralph's shoulders before ramming him to the wall – and manifested another slap again, smacking his left cheek this time. Ralph's eyes flitted wide upon experiencing a sudden assault from the angel like young lady he secretly admired.

Lizabeth raised a hand again, attempting to manifest or suffice another slap, but it was unfortunate and debacle this time. Ralph adamantly wielded his hand and grabbed Lizabeth's both hands, flipping their position. This time, it was Ralph gripping Lizabeth tight and rammed her to the wall. Lizabeth wanted to scream but her subconscious admonishingly berated her mentally, allowing Ralph to do what he needed to do. If he wanted to avenge himself, then he had Lizabeth's subconscious with him.

"Mr Cortez, what are you doing to me?" Lizabeth mumbled softly, with voice glaced with fear and puzzlement. She literally shuddered when Ralph slanted, wedging whole body against hers. "Don't tell me you are going to–"

Lizabeth was interrupted when Ralph wedged and pressed his lips against her gentle and soft lips. Taking no chances of wasting his moment, immediately, Ralph intensified and escalated their kisses, shoving his tongue between her lips harshly. Helplessly, Lizabeth parted her lips, permitting Ralph to slither his tongue inside her mouth, intertwining his tongue with hers. Ralph unconsciously loosened his grip on Lizabeth's hands, gliding and trailing his hands through her back. Lizabeth unconsciously did the same, only then that the door from Sebastian's apartment clicked.

And the luscious abrupt kiss ended.

Lizabeth yanked herself fast from Ralph.

And Ralph nonchalantly stood, staring at Sebastian, who was staring back at him, perplexed. "Good afternoon Mr Grand." He greeted Sebastian before turning back to Lizabeth and smirked. "Bye baby girl. I need to go to work." He beckoned to the door of Lizabeth's apartment. "You go back inside. Mr pervert man is here."

Lizabeth still bewildered from the residual of their kisses. Yet, she still nodded mindlessly afterwards and diligently obliged to what Ralph ushered her.

"Mr Pervert man huh?" Sebastian scoffed indifferently, knotting a brow on his forehead. "And you address her baby girl, knowing she is Chandler's love interest." He fearlessly gaited through the hallway up to where Ralph was standing. "So who's Mr Pervert now?"

Pouting teasingly as he scanned Sebastian's feature, Ralph's lips twitched and molded,  forming into sneer. "Mr Limestone told us to pretend to be a real boyfriend and girlfriend. To ditch his parents, especially his mother." He stifled a smile before he appended. "But attempting to kiss Miss Redwood without her full consent and permission is harassment. Nevertheless an act of inhumane and ruthlessness."

"I have asked Miss Redwood her forgiveness and she genuinely gave it to me." Sebastian pouted at Ralph, teasing the Italian beauty guy. "Nevertheless, she accepted my gift which was my leverage to get her forgiveness." He then averted his gaze, peering to his side. "And that attempt to kiss her was a sign of my adoration to her."

Grabbing Sebastian's collar abruptly, Ralph tugged Sebastian closer as he sharpened his gaze. "Adoration huh?" He hissed while tightening up Sebastian's collar. "If you do it again, you will see the ruthless consequences of your adoration for her." He loosened up his grasp and shoveled Sebastian off of him, beckoning to Lizabeth's apartment. "Don't you dare bothering yourself to knock on her door."

"Don't worry about it, Mr Cortez. I am a decent man. I just got carried away that night." Sebastian confessed and admitted tersely, while sagging his face in culpability. "I will never do that to her again. And will play fairly from now on. Since she hasn't decided who amongst you and Chandler to be her boyfriend, I still have the chance to have her approval." He forced a smile.

"What an impressive high spirit you have." Ralph sighed and peeled himself off of Sebastian, plodded through the hallway. He looked at Sebastian while pressing the elevator button to open. "Good luck, Mr Grand. But she isn't destined to become any man's wife."

Ralph threw himself inside the elevator as soon the metal sliding door opened generously. Sebastian left standing at the hallway bewildered for a couple of seconds before scooting and catching up for the elevator ride. While the elevator began descending – from the tenth floor Dow to the lobby – the two men were ignoring each other, till the door slid open. Strolling through the main lobby of the apartment complex, Ariella emerged in but flinched inwardly when none of the two men waved or paid attention to her.

Monetarily, Ralph found himself stumbling through the entrance of Donatello's, where Harold Miller, the restaurant manager could almost dance for joy. Aside from Lizabeth, who was rationally spending her rest day, one of the waitresses filed an absence of leave, due to sudden sickness. Since it was Monday, and the restaurant wasn't thronged with a bunch of customers, Harold decided to allow Ralph to take the place of the absent waitress for a moment. With a terse explanation and comprehension, Ralph nodded and affirmed Harold's request without an ounce of oscillation.

"I'll be glad to serve our customers, Mr Miller." Ralph said haughtily, feeling appeased after he accepted their manager's request. "I have been thinking about asking you to let me work as a waiter even just once."

"That surprises me Mr Cortez. And it makes me feel delighted that you don't have any hesitation." Harold grinned widely like a mascot that stood in front of McDonald's. "Anyway Mr Cortez…" he threw his arm around Ralph's shoulder. "Even though Monday is not a peak and busy day for us, we still have reservations."

"That's impressive, Mr Miller."

Scrunchie his nose and wrinkling his face, Harold grumbled hummily, placing his hands on Ralph's shoulders. "Not impressive and not amusing to me Mr Cortez." He jerked his hands off but held on Ralph's forearm, dragging him gingerly to the kitchen. "As you see I am no difference to any of you here. I also love to have a none hustle and no busy day for the restaurant even once a week."

"But it is nice to see the restaurant receiving reservations during Mondays." Ralph ceased from pacing and peered at the reservation list on the wall. "Especially now I will for a waiter for a while. I am very honored. Miss Redwood would be pleased too if she was here." He prattled rhetorically before narrowing his eyes, contemplating. I wonder what she is doing now? I wonder if she worries about me not having a rest day? He mused inwardly, ignoring what was Harold telling him.

"Mr Cortez, are you okay?"

Slapping himself mentally, Ralph fractured abruptly from his sweet and terse reverie. He shook his head vigorously before twirling and peering at Harold. "Yes, Mr Miller. You were saying something?"

"Yes Mr Cortez. I was telling you about the reservations we have tonight." Harold beamed flatly at Ralph, emphasizing the small amount of annoyance on his frame. "Here! Look…" he poked a finger on the specified name on the list. "At six in the evening, we have a reservation for Danna Lavas and Martina Fuentes." He tilted his head and peered to Ralph. "They already informed us of the particular and specific dishes they want to chew."

"That's nice of them to inform you earlier." Ralph said tersely, plastering a devilish grin. "That means Gerald can whip their dishes now and warm them later."

"You're exactly right, Mr Cortez. He already did." Harold then traversed his finger down the second reservation the restaurant accommodated for the night. "This one Mr Cortez…" he specifically pointed to the name. "Mr Antonio Cabrera is an Italian man. He called us earlier today and he ordered me to prepare him and his fellas with Italian dishes."

Silence immediately plunged through the scene when Ralph began contemplating about the familiar name. Antonio Cabrera seemed like he heard the particular name before. What made it more peculiar, the man was also an Italian. Prodding to the four corners of his head, Ralph tried to fathom how he once heard the name of the familiar name. And when did he meet the man named Antonio Cabrera before? He didn't want to think or make himself believe that he lost some of his memories.

It had been a long time since he moved in to Los Angeles and freely lived his life in accordance to what he wanted it to be. To be free to choose anyone he would like to make friends with, anyone who would accept him for who he was. And most likely, to be with someone his heart had chosen for him to like and perhaps love. Albeit that person was a little interested to someone else who was already betrothed to marry someone, Ralph was secretly certain that he would have the person he liked too soon.

He just needed ample time to introduce himself formally.

"Did you get everything I say Mr Cortez?"

The obnoxious sound of Harold's voice catapulted and reverberated through Ralph's awareness. It practically snapped him back to reality from drowning in his reverie. Shaking his head vigorously, Ralph forced a smile as he peered at Harold. "What were you saying again Mr Miller?"

Rolling his eyes exasperatedly, Harold heaved a deep sigh. "I said you reserve the table seventeen at six for Miss Danna Lavas and Martina Fuentes." He said and meant it, with an annoyed countenance. "And reserve the table eighteen for Mr Antonio Cabrera and his fellas at seven in the evening." He suppressed a sigh. "Now, do I made myself clear, Mr Cortez?"

Ralph instantly straightened up and elaborated a salute sign. "Yes Mr Miller Sir!" He grinned teasingly at Harold. "And I am not going to embarrass you."

"Very well said." Harold nodded vehemently. "Now you proceed to your respective areas." He instructed Ralph, sounding demanding.

THE RESTAURANT THEN became crowded, despite how Mr Harold Miller expected it to not quite busy and thronged. However, businesses like restaurants and food chains, their peak point was always unpredictable. Simply because they depended on their customers and their budget for dinner – and their modes and appetite nonetheless. But the management had to be Unhesitatingly prepared for any sudden changes – more customers or less customers. Both were good than having no customers at all in the very instinct.

At six in the evening, two women, who were in their fifties appeared and approached the pleasant hostess, who was standing at the entrance of the restaurant. They informed the hostess for their six in the evening reservation. The hostess comprehended since she was informed about the reservations for the evening. The hostess asked the two women to follow her lead, which was leading to the table seventeen. The two women informed the hostess that they already told the manager about their order.

"Then I'll call the waiter that is assigned to serve you and give you assistance." The hostess told them before she spun and went to the kitchen.

Martina leaned her elbows on the table, hovering over the table and heaved herself closer to Danna. "Did she just say waiter?" She marveled dubiously. "I thought they only had waitresses, not waiters."

Waving her hands dismissively at Martina, Danna pursed her lips, shaking her head all at once. "Martina, it doesn't matter who will be serving us. As long as we're going to see young lady Lizabeth tonight." Danna said before roaming her attentiveness around. "I wonder where she is?"

"I guess she's in the kitchen at the moment, Danna." Martina was also wandering her eyes through the restaurant, checking every female server who passed through. "Or perhaps, she'll be our server tonight." She giggled slightly.

"I don't assume much Martina." Danna never kept her eyes off roaming around the restaurant. She tipped her head a little higher, itching to get a glimpse of Lizabeth. "All I want is to see her fine and well." She resumed her objective to Martina. "We have to inform her that one of her co-workers here is the prince–"

"Good evening there ladies!"

The pleasant manly voice was overheard and interrupted Donna from uttering further. A handsome man with green eyes, dark hair, olive skin complexion, plump pink lips and pointed nose and ears appeared magically from nowhere. He was all Danna and Martina had seen, making the two women gaped and blinked in amazement. It was no one but Ralph Cortez, the substitute and temporary waiter for the night. He was holding a cart that had two separate trays on it – and each tray packed with different dishes.

"The beautiful ladies of table seventeen are Danna Lavas and Martina Fuentes?" Ralph announced, reading the reservation receipt and assuring he had the correct customers. He then snagged the receipt off and turned his gaze to the two women. "Did I get your names right, ladies?"

Danna and Martina smiled radiantly like they had not been praised ever by a man. "Yes! You got it right." They uttered synchronously. 

Ralph took a plate of calamaris and a plate of chicken Alfredo, and placed it on the table. "A plate of calamaris and a plate of chicken Alfredo with slices of garlic bread for Miss Fuentes."

"Thank you very much young man." Martina clasped her hands together while bowing her head in gratitude. "I am so pleased to be served by you."

Grinning widely, Ralph nodded enthusiastically, reciprocating to Martina. "You're very welcome Miss Fuentes." Then he grabbed a plate of pork steak and a plate of buttered shrimp with mushrooms, placing them on the table. "A plate of pork steak and a plate of buttered shrimp with mushrooms. Plus a bowl of garlic bread for Miss Lavas."

"Thank you for such wonderful and pleasant accomodations you bestow before us young man. We feel so honored." Danna exclaimed, expressing her gratitude to Ralph. "I'm pretty sure most of your customers here are very delighted to experience your wonderful service." She smiled brightly.

"You're welcome madam." Ralph was pleased and honored, feeling flattered and blushed. "Actually this is my first night to work as a waiter. I normally work here as a kitchen crew." He rumbled proudly before he added. "Miss Redwood takes her rest day today. So I take her place for a while."

"Oh we see." Danna nodded as she affirmed audibly. Then a thought came flashing through her head that had been itching her lately. "Young man, can I ask you something"

"What is it madame?"

"Well uhm…" Danna sputtered clumsily before looking at Martina. "We want to ask you…" she felt hesitant for a couple of seconds. Then she resumed her attention to Ralph, who patiently waited for her. "Do you have a waitress here that her name is Lizabeth Azania Goodwell?"

Lizabeth Goodwell again? The same name Sebastian Grand mentioned the first time he saw Miss Redwood. Ralph mused mentally as he contemplated, recalling the scene when Sebastian mistook Lizabeth for her real identity. "We don't have a waitress here that has that name madame."

Danna frowned and peered at Martina, who was also frowning in puzzlement. Then she stared back at Ralph, who was looking innocently at her. "Are you sure you don't have a waitress that has that name?" She asked.

Ralph shook her head politely. "No madame. We don't have a waitress with that name." He told them while feigned innocently. "Even if you ask our manager."

Then she took her wallet and prodded something from it. It was a photo of Lizabeth and she handed it to Ralph. "That is how she looks like, young man." She smiled before grabbing her fork and spoon and allowing Ralph to look at the photo. "She was spotted working here as a waitress according to who saw her."

So she's Lizabeth Goodwell. She's my billion dollar baby girl. Ralph smothered a smile before returning the photo to Danna. "Her name is not Lizabeth Goodwell madame." He told them and made them initially cease from munching. "She is Lisafe Redwood. She's my neighbor. She lives next door to me."

Danna blinked potently and grimaced, gawking at Martina. She gulped thickly, clearing the lump on her throat before looking back at Ralph. "Then where is she now, young man?" She asked. "Why isn't she around tonight?"

"I told you, she's having her rest day today."

Martina swigged her glass of water before placing it on the table and beamed at Danna. "Danna we better hurry then." She snatched a table napkin and swabbed it around her lips. "Mon Senior will be returning from his business trip tonight."

Danna nodded with a slight apprehensiveness creeped through her frame. She turned to Ralph and made a bill sign. "Can we have our bills now, young man?" She ushered him through her facial expression. "Actually we only here for the young lady Lizabeth. We want to see her because we miss her so much."

Without further ado, Ralph diligently spun and gaited languorously straight to the counter. Danna took Lizabeth's intentionally from the table and shoved it back to her wallet. And just as they abandoned and parted themselves from their seats, Ralph came and handed them their bills. Danna took the bill from Ralph's grasp. And without even checking how much the food they ate cost, she dropped and left a few dollars on the table, including a tip for Ralph. Danna ushered Martina to hurry up and Martina complied.

As they were about to plod to the alley, Martina abruptly remembered something. She whirled snappily and catched Ralph, who staring at them, perplexed. "Young man, there's something we want to ask you for the last time."

Ralph pouted and feigned innocently. "What is it madame?" He asked. "Go ahead and ask."

"Is there someone here whose name is Raphael Daniel Amancio?" Martina asked, gazing quizzically at Ralph. "He works here as a kitchen crew I guess."

Smirking sheepishly, Ralph shook his head moderately. "No madame, we don't have a kitchen crew with that name."

Danna and Martina waved goodbye to Ralph before they sauntered ploddingly through the restaurant, heading to the entrance. Just in time Danna and Martina reached for their car and hopped on the driver's seat and passenger seat, a group of three black vans pulled through the driveway and congested the parking lot of Donatello's. Martina immediately started the engine before peeling their car off the parking lot gingerly. When six men ducked off of the three black vans, both Danna and Martina flinched in relief.

They knew two out of the six.

And the six men in business suits dawdled in the parking lot as if they were waiting for something.

Meanwhile, Ralph was clearing the table seventeen with the help of Analiza, placing all the soiled plates back to the cart. Analiza felt bad for the untouched dishes Danna and Martina left behind. Analiza thought about those homeless children who had been struggling everyday seeking for anything to eat. Ralph ushered Analiza to stroll the cart back to the kitchen as he was going to properly prepared the adjacent table, table eighteen. The table that had been reserved for Antonio Cabrera and his fellas.

When he was finished, preparing the table eighteen, Ralph went back to the kitchen and emerged – just in time for the six men in business suits entered the restaurant. Perceiving another cart that filled with Italian dishes and pastas, nervousness and confusion invaded Ralph's head instantly. Rummaging his eyes through the kitchen, seeking for the clock on the wall, Ralph discovered that it was ten minutes before seven o'clock. Harold then appeared from nowhere and approached Ralph unhesitatingly.

"Mr Cortez, you better deliver it now to table eighteen." Harold beckoned to the cart as he instructed Ralph. "Mr Antonio Cabrera and his fellas have just arrived." He raised his hand, pointing to the restaurant. "They are all waiting for their food."

Feeling obligated, Ralph nodded vehemently and latched on the handle of the cart. "I'll go now Mr Miller."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 949 28
Love has always felt like a lie. Everyone who's gotten their heartbroken by someone who "loved"them can agree. Have you ever been asked if you belie...
524K 10.9K 36
{MAFIA ROMANCE} "You, Aria, are like a piece of music that I could listen to, over and over again, and never get tired of hearing." Aria Remington w...
9.6K 178 15
Azalea's and Alessandro's story💗 Azalea is the quite girl who lives in The States. Even though she is a Russian mafia princess, her life is quite...
1.3K 244 37
Luciano Montanari left his homeland after the tragic death of his mother. Pained by the memories of her loss and the desire to come back twice as str...