The Returning Knight: A Star...

By BalinLikeStalin1

As the galaxy is in pecies due the the clone wars, Sheev Palpatine, is secretly amassing power to reign supre... More

Chapter 1: A Forunate Encounter
Chapter 2: Cooperating Prisoner
Chapter 3: Force And Fortune
Chapter 4: Force And Fortune II
Chapter 5: Botched Exchange And Dark Secrets
Chapter 6: Return From Chaos
Chapter 7: Start Of Redemption
Chapter 8: Kill, Capture, Escape And Exile
Chapter 9: Before The Showdown
Chapter 10: Redemption
Chapter 11: Revelation
Chapter 12: Homecoming
Chapter 13: Homecoming II
Chapter 15: Deserved Rest
Chapter 16: Concerns And Division
Chapter 17: The Mid-Rim Offensive
Chapter 18: Breaking Point
Chapter 19: A Pleasent Suprise
Chapter 20: Great Find
Chapter 21: Siege
Chapter 22: Siege II
Chapter 23: Love In War
Chapter 24: The Huntress Begins
Chapter 25: Maiden Voyage
Chapter 26: Conclusion
Chapter 27: The Knot Of The Noose
Chapter 28: Bliss
Chapter 29: The Clone Child
Chapter 30: Guardian
Chapter 31: The Hunt
Chapter 32: Reunification
Chapter 33: Game Of Martyrs
Chapter 34: Mole
Chapter 35: Siege Of Fondor I
Chapter 36: Siege Of Fondor II, The Jutland
Chapter 37: Alive
Chapter 38: End Of The Tarkin Doctrine
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 40: Battle Of Alderaan I
Chapter 42: Battle Of Alderaan II, The End

Chapter 14: Appointment And Assignment

43 2 0
By BalinLikeStalin1

Sigil took a look at the speech notes he wrote down. Reading over them once more to be sure. After he saw the emperor, accompanied by two red guards as well as his enforcer in black, Darth Vader. Seeing him be seated, he stood up from his seat and walked up to the podium.

"I, as the representative of House Trial, would like to thank everybody who has decided to attend the funeral of my late grandfather Vaorios Trail. May the maker have mercy upon his soul and the rest of us as well when our time comes and give us a just after life. I would like to especially thank our emperor for taking the time out of his busy schedule to attend this ceremony and bless us with his presence. I thank you again for attending the funeral of the late Vaorios Trial and I wish that nobody experience such a loss in their life and have a good day.." Sigil said as the attendees applauded. Leaving the podium, he took his seat amongst the crowds and watched as one by one, the representatives of all the Nubian royal Houses came to the podium and spoke, sending the condolences; until it was time for House Palpatine. The emperor, accompanied by his right hand Lord Vader and a pair of royal red guards, walked up to the podium. "This is an unfortunate occasion for our gathering. Today we mourn the death of a prominent member of Nubian society. I, on behalf of House Palpatine and the galactic empire as a whole, send my condolences to House Trial." Palpatine gave his speech and sat. Following the funeral procession, Sigil was approached by an imperial official. "Mr.Trail." the woman began. "Yes?" He questioned. "The emperor has invited you to meet him and Lord Vader personally. Please follow me." She said, before beginning to walk away. "Oh of course we wouldn't want to keep his highness waiting." He said before walking away; Orlean right behind him. Following her into a Lambda class shuttle, it took them to the orbiting star destroyer. After docking, they walked through the halls of the mighty vessel. Patrols of clone troopers at every corner. Reaching a door, she signaled for them to wait outside while she went in. Seconds later she came out and signaled for Sigil to enter. Orlean, attempting to enter, was stopped by the officer. "Mr.Trial alone." She said, raising her hand. He looked over at Sigil who nodded at him. He took position right in front of the door with two clone troopers facing him. The officer who brought them here, took position beside the pair of troopers.

"Oh Mr.Trial welcome. Please take a seat." Palpatine greeted, flanked by a pair of his personal bodyguards on both sides as well as Darth Vader on his far right. "You requested for my presence my liege?" He asked. "Well of course." He began. "First of all I apologize for your loss." Palpatine began. "It is appreciated." He responded. "It truly is a hard time for you, I understand but it is even a harder time for our people. After the passing of the former senator of Naboo, senator Padme Amidalla, our homeworld has fallen from its former grace. What Naboo needs, is a charismatic, strong willed and most importantly competent new representative and senator upon the senate halls." He paused for a short while. "Someone like you, my child." Palpatine said. Alarm bells rang in his head. Palpatine wanted him to be a senator. He wouldn't mind replacing his mother; with force if necessary but he buried these thoughts. But such a rapid replacement only after a year might point to her extreme incompetence; something which he knew all too well. "With all due respect my liege, the ruling monarch is the one who appoints senators." Sigil said, trying to turn the offer down. "Oh of course." Palpatine began. "I have spoken to the queen about this. I wouldn't want to fill you with hope only for it to be crushed. That would be indecent behavior on my part." Said the emperor. After a long pause, he continued "So what do you say? Will you take the responsibility of upholding your people and representing them justly in the halls of the Imperial senate?" He finally asked. "I... accept this assignment my liege." He replied, the uncertainty leaving his voice as he moved on with his sentence. "Good... good. Up most excellent. You shall stand where many other greats stood before you and potentially be among them. I foresee a great career ahead of you." Palpatine complimented. "It is an honor. I will not disappoint you, your highness." Sigil replied. "One last thing. Lord Vader has matters of his own to discuss with you." Palpatine finished. "Follow me." The dark lord said, walking out of the room. With a bow to Palpatine, he followed after Vader and Orlean behind Sigil. Vader took them to a shuttle which headed back down to the surface. Knowing Vader was about to say confidential information, he gestured for Orlean who headed to the cockpit. "Senator, I will be requiring the skills that you had acquired and used during your former occupation." He said. "I will be happy to help my lord." Sigil replied. "Very well. I will be departing for Mon Cala in a few hours. Equipment will be provided for i just need you to pick off an admiral named 'Rattus'." He explained. "I am afraid that is a past I'm not happy revisiting." Rellied Sigil. "You will be wise to do change your mind." He threatened. "I see." He relented. Vader didn't speak another word as the ship landed in Theed and dropped them off.

"Well I am glad I had binary installed." 5cn commented. "Beep boop beep beep." R-5 said. "It sure will come in handy. Now don't contact for now." He finished before shutting his com.

"You're in the wrong place, rust bucket. Turn around." A guard threatened. "Oh my what a shame." 5cn stated. "Wha-" one of them tried to say before being stunned. The other tried by raising his blaster being dropped. Turning to the camera, he fired a bolt into it. "Ok R-5 crack it." 5cn said transmitting the data to the awaiting astromech. After a minute, the astromech cracked the silence "boop boop.". "Good job." He complimented before entering the code. As expected, the safe beeped positively before the lock turned and he opened it. Pushing the door aside, he walked through the long, thin hallway. At the very end of it, was a large lock door. Behind a ray shield. Walking up to it, he placed an EMP grande on the floor before stepping away from it before it detonated. Detonating in an ion cloud, he witnessed as the shield faltered before shutting off. Walking up, he shifted his plates revealing a cutter. Cutting the door open, he saw five full crates. Opening them up, he reached inside and pressed the switch on the bottom one, making it float. Dragging them out, he used his generic protocol droid look to sneak undetected out of the property. Stunning the guards on his way out again just to be sure that he wouldn't be caught early.

Reaching for his com, he contacted Revan. After a few seconds, she picked up "Sigil! You won't believe it! We've been robbed!" She said in an exaggerated voice. "Oh how horrible!" He began loudly. "Revan meet me at the Theed port as soon as possible." He whispered before turning off the com. Dialing 5cn's frequency, he began another call. A few seconds ticked by before the droid picked up. "Master Sigil we have it!" The droid exclaimed. "Great job." Be complimented. "5cn we got into a messy situation. Park stealthy outside the Theed wilderness and send me cordance once there." He ordered before ending the holo call.

Sigil and Orlean waited until 5cn and R-5 arrived with the ship and Revan on a speeder. "Sigil why did you cut the call so short so short and where were you after the ceremony?" She demanded. "I have been appointed as the new senator of Naboo by the emperor but before that i have to go through a screening process with Darth Vader." He explained. "Woah woah woah! What about-" she began. "She has been fired due to incompetence." He cut in. "So where should we go while you undergo screening and with a Sith!?" She demanded again. "I have to hide my force signature from them. While that, you four, go to Coruscant after refueling. Includes you Orlean. I will meet you there" He emphasized on Orlean. "Okay young one let us get going." Orlean said moving towards the ship. She gave him a nervous look. He nodded at her reassuringly. Sigil watched the ship being refueled quickly before taking off. He tracked it until it exited the atmosphere; disappearing into the background.

A hand on his shoulder shook him. Turning around, he saw a clone trooper standing behind him. "The time has come." The trooper informed him. "After you soldier." He replied. Following his lead up to the awaiting shuttle. Once inside the trooper gestured for him to follow him deeper inside. In a separate compartment, he saw scuba gear and a rifle. "These are for you. Once you change comeback to the main compartment." The trooper informed him before walking out; leaving him to change clothes. Taking off his formal robes, he changed into the scuba outfit and hung his robes on it. Picking up the rifle, he headed back out to the main compartment.

By the time he headed out to the main compartment, he heard hissing noises from where the boarding ramp was. Signifying landing aboard the star destroyer. The same trooper from earlier, walked him through the star destroyer to the conference room. There Vader, Tarkin and some clone officers were waiting. "Ah senator Trail!" Tarkin greeted. "Gentlemen." He greeted back. "I am Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin." He said extending his hand. Sigil took his hand and gave it a firm shake. "Although we are sorry to put a politician like you in such a situation, your expertise is unrivaled and it was deemed necessary that you carry out this assignment." Tarkin explained. "I understand admiral." He assured. "It is great that you are understanding." Tarkin commented. He nodded in response. One of the clone officers spoke up "Although your job description was vague without much intel, that was for secrecy. You are to hold position outside the royal palace and once a Mon Calamari matching this description," He said, pulling up a holo image of his target, Captain Rattus. A blue skinned Mon Calamari in uniform. The next and hopefully last victim of his rifle "allegedly".

"This is HQ to Blue Fish, do you have a visual?" A voice rang through the communicator worn by Sigil. "HQ this Blue Fish, still no visual on the target." He replied. "Report to us when you do." The voice responded. 'Why me!? Why did I ever tell that bastardly old man my real name?! Farracking cannon fodder!' He cursed himself internally. "Should have been smart about it laser brain." Nox commented. "Wait i thought i cut myself off from the force, how are you still here?" He asked, totally cut off guard. "Our spirits bonded so until you die, i am here." She remarked. "Oh how wonderful." He replied sarcastically. "Hey, get back to your objective!" She reminded. "Women." He sighed. Peeking into his scope, he didn't see anything other than patrols of guards. He stayed silent at his scope as many Mon Calamari guards came by. But none were dressed like a captain and none matched the holo image of Rattus. Starting to zone out, he was brought back by the sight of a blue Mon Calamari. It was him. Rattus, captain Rattus. Scrambling to turn on his communicator, he contacted hq once more "this is Blue Fsh, i've got a visual on the target. Repeat I've got visual. Requesting permission to fire." He spoke. "This is HQ Blue Fish, you are clear. Fire when ready." The voice once more replied. Aligning his shot, he waited for Rattus to settle in place or slow down across from him at the royal palace. The captain approached some guards and started ordering them around. Not wanting to kill someone unjustly, he took aim at a non lethal area of his body and pulled the trigger. As the blue bolt of plasma exited his rifle, he sucked in a deep breath. The world around him slowed to a crawl as his eyes were focused solely on the blue plasma bolt. After a dreadful anticipation, the bolt slammed into the foot of the Mon Calamari captain; dropping him to the ground in pain. Seeing the bolt hit him in his foot, he breathed a sigh of relief. He would survive in reality but in imperial records, he would be deemed "eliminated". He watched as his body was covered by a squad of Royal guards as he was carried away by a pair of guards in a hurry. "Impressive shot. Not bad." Nox commented. "Are you doubting my abilities?" He questioned. "Maybe." She responded. "I wouldn't expect anything less." He said, rolling his eyes. "Blue Fish report." The voice came back. "Target has been hit successfully. I repeat we have a hit." He reported back. "Is he eliminated?" The voice asked. "Yes. He is no more to the empire." He replied, sounding confident; 'oh if only they knew.' He thought to himself. "Copy that. Evacuate." The commander ordered. "Understood." He responded simply. Turning away from the palace, he walked up to the aquatic speeder he was given. Riding out of the ocean and up to the surface, he waited as a stealth corvette, picked him up and took him back up to the star destroyer in orbit. Onboard the vessel, Tarkin awaited to greet him "Excellent job senator. We will be looking forward to working with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 544 43
He's the best bounty hunter in the parsec and she's his most valuable mission yet... After returning Grogu to the Jedi, Din is alone once again. He...
4.1K 231 10
∙ 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗨𝗘𝗗 ∙ Ciona Kirari is a notorious bounty hunter from the outer rim, driven by her work in order to survive in the unforgiving...
1.1K 45 17
Anakin Skywalker knows that Obi-Wan Kenobi did not choose him as an apprentice. Instead, it was the dying wish of Obi-Wan's own Master, Qui-Gon Jinn...
1.5K 62 16
Episode 1 Heir of the Menace The Galaxy's at its pivotal point, many systems are planning on defecting from the Republic. Chancellor Palpatine has th...