The Grey Area

By PreciosaUnknown

*Sirius Black Love Story* *Marauders Era & Golden Trio Era* Samantha and Severus Snape grew up attached to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 52

10 1 1
By PreciosaUnknown

Samantha

I was curled into a ball on my bed with Severus sitting on the edge of my mattress. Klara was sitting against her headboard in silence.

"I'm not good at comforting," Severus said.

"It means a lot for you to even be here Sev," I replied.

Severus nodded at me and Klara continued to stare blankly at her lap. The door swung open and we looked to see Remus come in. Klara looked at him and she immediately broke into tears. Remus kicked off his shoes and climbed into the bed with her. Severus put a look of disgust and I smirked at his reaction.

"It's ok- You can go Sev," i reassured.

"Thank Merlin. I'll see you at breakfast," he said quickly getting to his feet.

He opened the door and James was standing there about to knock. Severus slowly turned towards me and I sat up alarmed.

"I- I was about to knock-" James stammered.

"It's fine. Come in," I replied and Severus rolled his eyes.

"Snivellus," James greeted stepping inside.

"Potter try not to contaminate the room," Severus casually said walking out the door.

It closed behind him and James stood in the middle of the room. I got off my bed and went to him. He quickly pulled me in a hug and I relaxed in his embrace.

"What's happening?" He asked.

I released him and brought him to my bed to sit. Remus and Klara were cuddled in Klaras bed and Klara and I exchanged looks.

"My brother- he got involved with the people who are in charge of the attacks. He was branded by force. In front of us-"

"On his wedding day?" James gasped.

"Yes. It was... hard," Klara continued and she rested her head on Remus' shoulder.

"Is there anything else?" James asked looking at me.

"I think... I think Sirius and I will be next-"

"What-"

"Hold on," I said sternly and James sighed. "They're very interested in me. And Sirius... he's the heir. He's a powerful wizard."

There was a heavy silence and James took my hand.

"What will you do? If it comes down to it?" James asked.

"I don't know anymore. I can't blame Sirius for not wanting to go through with it- it wasn't the plan and it's mental-"

"But he's not naive. We all knew it would probably lead to that point," Remus added.

"He didn't think it through. What would you do Sassy?" James asked again.

"I don't think the same as him," I admitted and my chest cave in. "My brother is being led to that lifestyle. Klara- Regulus- I can't- I can't risk any of them getting hurt for not obliging-"

"I wouldn't hold it against you, you know?" Klara spoke up. "I would understand if you would rather live an easier and peaceful life."

"I love you dearly but it wouldn't be worth it without any of you," I replied.

"I understand," James mumbled looking down sadly.

"I'm sorry James."

"Don't be. I know you'll always choose your brother over anyone. I admire how far you'll go for the ones you love Sassy."

"But...?"

"I'm just sad that I feel no one is going to have your back the same way-"

"Hold on-" Klara spoke up.

"Respectfully Klara- I know you love her. And Regulus and the Malfoys and Snape. But she's no one's TOP priority. You'll choose your brother over her. Regulus will choose his family and you as his best friend. Severus- I don't trust him. I'm just scared if you were to go down that path who the fuck will fight for you-"

"I can handle myself-"

"Shut up Sassy. I know you're bad ass but... everyone needs someone to rely on,"  James said and I felt a knot form at my throat.

Klara covered her face and Remus held her tightly, brushing his fingers through her hair. James got to his feet and grabbed a chair. He placed it next to the edge of my bed and sat on it.

"Lay down. You need some rest," he said and I stared at the chair for a moment. "Sirius- he's a dick but I can't- there's a line now-"

"No you're right. I appreciate it," I quickly said.

I got underneath my covers and James slouched in his chair a bit. His reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers tightly. Pulling our hands towards his face, he planted a kiss on my palm.

"I'll get you through this Sassy. One way or another, you'll be ok. I promise," James whispered looking down at me.

"I love you Prongs," I mumbled pulling our intertwined hands to lay beside my face.

"I love you too Sassy. Get some sleep. I'll be right here," I replied giving me a small smile.

I cuddled my cheek against our hands and I felt my body relax a bit more.

-

After breakfast I went flying by the lake. Sirius was no where to be found. Lucius and Narcissa picked up their diplomas and were no longer attending the rest of the scheduled days of school. From our understanding Lucius wasn't doing too well. His body was rejecting the mark due to his pure soul. According to Bellatrix, it'll wear off and won't get him in trouble. Klara was occluding at every second. And so was Regulus. It was a mess. We were all a mess.

In the distance I can smell Sirius' scent and a few leaves cracking underneath a boot. Once I knew he was next to me I sighed deeply.

"You weren't at breakfast," I stated.

"Wasn't hungry," he replied.

I nodded and continued to look out at the lake. Sirius sat next to me and our knees lightly touched.

"Are you leaving me?" He asked.

"No. Are you?" I asked.

"Bloody hell no," he spat and I looked at him. His eyes met mine and they were glistening. "I'm sorry Sassy."

"I'm tired Sirius. We're not in a good spot. We keep arguing-"

"I know... I just- it's so hard to explain."

"I need you to try. I can't understand if you don't try," I replied with my voice shaking.

"I know I'm fucking it up. I know I should definitely fight for you way more than I do. Show you how much I really do love you- it's just- my first instinct is to run. I don't know why but it is."

I stared at him and nodded. "Ok. That makes sense go on."

"Regulus says I push people away and he's right. When things hit too close to him I run. When the abuse at home got too much I cut off my own brother. I did that thinking it would help him steer clear of the mess. When I started falling in love with you- it just makes me think of what kind of family I'll bring you into and shit that scares me," he explained.

"We come from a similar background Sirius. If anything I'll understand you," I replied.

"I know I know. It's just how I am. I want to change that- I don't want to be someone any less than what you deserve-"

"I love you ok? I know we're going to get through it somehow. Just please Sirius- be present with me. That's all I'm asking. Just you and me til the end," I mumbled scooting closer to him.

His arms immediately wrapped around me and he kissed my forehead lightly.

"Until the end."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 38.7K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
640 6 19
Remus' lycanthropy pushes him to commit the worst, James questions his feelings about Snape, and Sirius immerses himself in '70s Muggle rock to escap...
90.8K 2.1K 53
" I will love you in every lifetime, every single speck of humanity to ever exist. Even if it means I have to give away my everything to do so, Sana...
952K 31K 95
Some relationships are better off when kept a secret. (Golden Trio Era) Content Warning: Mature Themes, Drug Use, Smoking, Drinking, 18+