Eternity Brand

By NhaChi

The Sinclair Family is currently one of the most renowned and powerful families in the aristocratic society... More

Chapter 1: Demise
Chapter 2: Rejection
Chapter 3: Eternity Brand
Chapter 4: All Angels Believe in God
Chapter 5: Question and Answer
Chapter 6: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 7: Burden
Chapter 8: Azaleas
Chapter 9: Blood Ties
Chapter 10: Spielbegin
Chapter 11: Distress
Chapter 12: Warehouse Lockdown
Chapter 13: Nethe Sinclair
Chapter 14: Lolita Complex
Chapter 15: What Lies Beneath the Soil
Chapter 16: Fight or Flight

Prologue: Blade Dance

165 7 1
By NhaChi

"You are weak... I don't need you," my father said.

That was what my father told me when I was officially stripped from my status as a possible successor to the head of the family at the age of seven.

"You never deserved to be in this house," my older brother said a few moments later.

"You were destined to do great things. One of them is becoming my successor," my stern grandfather, also known as the Head of the Sinclair family, said with a smile on his slightly wrinkled face.

He told me this nine years later in his studies.

I blinked three times from disbelief.

"I believe I just misheard something that sounded too good to be true, Grandfather," I told him nervously.

My grandfather laughed in a very jolly manner. He soon picked up a dart with a long pin and threw it past my neck and through my long brown hair. I felt a small stream of blood slowly trickle from where the dart had grazed me. A droplet of sweat ran down from my head.

He soon picked up a small steel double-edged knife from his desk.

"I do not joke about these things," he said as he touched one sharp edge with his bare thumb.

He soon held the blade with his index and middle fingers and proceeded to be in a throwing position.

"Do you still doubt me?" he continued.

"Not... Not at all," I said with some slight shakiness in my voice.

He chuckled softly.

"It sure sounds like you do."

"If I may ask, why me? You surely must know of my con-"

He threw the knife without any warning. It slightly grazed my cheek.

"That is of no matter to me," he cut me off. "You were destined to be my successor the moment you were born."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 8.1K 94
Dominant. A person of aggression, disrespect is never in their tolerance. Prideful, strong, and fearless... none would come across them. Alexandriell...
12 1 1
Deception, disloyalty and lust lead a family to their death.
178K 5.1K 38
ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄʜᴜɴᴋ ᴏғ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ●●●● A trip to the biggest football game of the year gone wrong. Drama between couples and siblings, broken down cars, a...
118 11 7
Despite everything you've endured, you're still standing and you're still here. You may feel like you don't belong anywhere, yet you remain steadfas...