My Summer In The Hamptons

By BettieBurton

Audrey has just graduated high school and is turning eighteen in a month. Before heading off to college in th... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
A/N
18.
19.
20.
A/N
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
A/N
26.
A/N
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
2 Years Later

27.

264 18 4
By BettieBurton

AUDREY

Already it has been a few days since I last talked with Gaige and I have been journaling so much that I almost feel as though I could write a novel based off everything that has happened so far.

I have also been talking with my friends, including Isla these past couple of days and have learned that she is a lot like my friends. She is honest and does not take sides while at the same time, being understanding and supportive of me.

These past couple of days I have been going back and forth in my mind if rather or not I should talk to Gaige.

Both my father and Diana had returned already and wanted to have dinner with Gaige and I tonight.

I was nervous at the thought of sitting with Gaige but at the same time, deep down inside, I know I would feel a bit better because I do miss him.

I stayed in my room to journal some more when my phone had all of a sudden dinged, letting me know I had a message.

The message was from Isla asking if I wanted to have a girl's night out, in which, I agreed to because I thought It would be good to get out of the house.

After getting a few more words in my journal and finishing getting ready, I start making my way downstairs where I notice both Diana and my father were sitting down already, looking passionately into one another's eyes until I walk down and take my seat at the table as Agatha places the last plate of food on the table before we start to eat.

Throughout dinner, I felt I was learning more things about Diana and was realizing how much both my father and her were in love with one another by the amount of affection they were showing towards one another.

I had asked where Gaige was and Diana mentioned he had gone out. That was when I had mentioned about me going out soon.

They were fine with it and not too long after eating, I received a text message from Isla to let me know she was outside. So I said goodbye and then started heading out.

Right when we took off, she began throwing out suggestions after asking me what I felt like doing and I told her I didn't care.

Before she could say anything else, we heard her phone go off and she asked me to see who it was.

I saw it was a message from Rudy and at first did not want to read it because I thought it would be private until she insisted once again and I read it.

"He wants to know if you were coming to the fight tonight?" I told her.

"Oh shit. I completely forgot." She says.

"Is Gaige fighting tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah. But tell him that you and I are going to the movies." She tells me.

I thought for a brief moment before replying back, telling him that we will be there.

"I told him we are on our way." I tell her.

"We don't have to though." She says.

"No. It's fine. I want to." I assure her.

"Alright then." She smiles in reply before making a U-Turn and we make our way there.

Once we arrived, as we got out of the car, Isla confessed about everything going on and how Gaige had come to them asking for their help to get me back.

I felt flattered and relieved, knowing he still wanted to be with me and did not give up as I had thought he may have. He really does love me. I assure her it is okay and am glad we came.

We started heading towards the abandoned warehouse then stepped inside and began making our way through the crowd before finally getting to Rudy as he was at the front of the encircled crowd, cheering Gaige on. Isla and I immediately joined in and began cheering him on.

I immediately noticed Aria across the way cheering on his opponent in whom I did not know until she shouted his name.....Travis.

I began cheering even louder for Gaige as he was hitting him harder and harder with each blow to Travis' head with more force than the one before until he hits Travis so hard, he fell onto the floor.

The referee guy stepped in between them and had Gaige take a step back for a moment.

He still kept his back turned towards me until Travis got up and the referee had just then stepped back to let them continue fighting.

They first began circling each other and the moment Gaige was facing me, he finally looked and saw I was there. The moment we locked eyes I started smiling at him and then the next thing I saw was Travis taking that opportunity to knock Gaige out, having him fall onto the cold hard ground.

Right away I rushed to his side and knelt down to try and wake him up.

"Wake up! Gaige, wake up!" I shouted at him and slapped his face a few times until finally, Rudy and Isla had come over and Rudy slapped him really hard, making Gaige open his eyes finally and start looking around.

"What happened? Is it over?" He asked.

"You were knocked out." I tell him.

He then looks at me and smiles.

"You came." He says.

"Yeah." I nodded in agreement.

He next pulls my head closer to him as he gives me a passionate kiss.

Then the referee comes over and interrupts as he asks if Gaige was good enough to continue.

Gaige nods his head he will and after getting back up, we move back into the crowd again and cheer him on as he fights back with a vengeance.

In the end, he defeats Travis and ends up breaking his nose and a few ribs.

That's my man!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 60.2K 38
Frankie has just become the youngest and only female in a local barbershop after just moving into town. She has no living family or friends back home...
153K 5.5K 12
Lily is a curvacious and shy, soon-to-be 18, high school senior. She lives with her step brother who beats and assaults her and treats her like shit...
1M 26.7K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...
202K 10.8K 32
Zane Hendricks is the youngest Alpha to have ever created a pack at the age of sixteen and has grown quite the reputation throughout the years as a f...