that's my girl || yeonji

By tsunevely

"why do you hate me so much?" he snapped, having had enough. "what did i ever do to you?!" you're an idiot wi... More

a/n
ch. 1
ch. 2
ch.3
ch. 4

ch 5

75 10 5
By tsunevely

...

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. when life gives you someone to talk to... you wish they go away.

the next school day, she half expects yeonjun to forget about everything. at most, he would say hello and she would muster one back. but no. as soon as he sees her sitting in her seat, early and reading before class, he slaps a flyer on the desk. she yelps. she glares at his smiling face.

"morning yeji!" he greeted. "the music club meets after school—you should join! just check it out at first!"

for a moment, she didn't say anything—just stared in a way that said clearly without words 'why are you talking to me leave me alone.' but either he's unphased or clueless, because he goes on to chatter about who's in the club and what they do. she couldn't focus on her reading anymore.

"there's five members right now, but we need seven to make it work," he said, sighing. "i don't know why no one wants to join us—i mean, aren't i good-looking? isn't that enough?"

because they're all like that—a good-looking and intimidating group, no matter how nice soobin is. but the blatant admission of this fact is in poor taste.

"no. you guys aren't... inviting enough."

"how? who can resist my charm?" he runs his hand through his hair as he says this. "well, maybe except for you because your heart is a lump of coal but..."

she glared at him. he cleared his throat, leaning back in his chair so it tips just enough so he doesn't fall. "but anyways, it would be cool if you joined. since extracurriculars look good in college admissions, and most clubs are probably full already..."

he glances at her from the corner in the eye, and he can tell she's thinking about. even though she's reading over the flyer with a slight frown on her face.

he smiles, and class starts.

...

"yeji might be coming," yeonjun said as he entered the music room.

it's actually large place, with a grand piano in the corner and taehyun's cello case propped opposite of it. the main music rooms are much bigger than this but they don't mind that. and the sun is shining, and it's not that far into fall yet so that the air is freezing—so they leave the window open.

soobin doesn't hate people, but he does feel wary about new ones. kai shares this view. they feel awkward already.

beomgyu on the other hand raises an eyebrow because he the name does sound familiar, except he forgets the face. he usually always knows faces and names so this is odd.

taehyun doesn't care, and sits at the piano, pressing keys.

"yeji.." beomgyu mused, thinking hard. "... no clue."

"the one who's top of the school?" yeonjun prompted. "with taehyun?"

the door opens before he can answer. they all turn to see, but it's not this 'yeji.'

the girl who peeks in the door, almost shuts it out of nerves but she forces a few panicked words out.

"sorry," she said, "wrong room."

ah, except it wasn't the wrong room. she made sure of that twice. she just didn't expect the music club to be made of five guys who seem to be the celebrities of the school—she knows this even though she hasn't been here long.

now what? there's no other clubs suitable for her to join—they're all full or include too much effort. and she liked music. she took piano lessons as a child.

she took a step back from the door, bumping into someone in the process.

it was yeji—she rubbed her nose where it hit the back of her head.

"oh my god i'm sorry!" chaeryoung exclaimed.

"it's fine."

perhaps her tone sounds cold, but she always talked like that. chaeryoung deflated slightly, but yeji stared at her.

"are you going in?" she asked. "this is the music club, isn't it?"

"i-uh," chaeryoung stammered. what to say?? "there were like.. only guys in there so..."

"oh—well that's all the members they have cause they can't convince anyone else," she said, opening the door.

"are you joining?"

yeji turned around. "clubs look good on college admissions."

despite the embarrassment of closing the door earlier, chaeryoung ended up following her in where she stood behind her when yeonjun and beomgyu came up to greet them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 28.9K 63
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
379K 12.9K 51
โ˜†ๅฝก ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ๐˜€ โ› bring me your mouth and your mystery! โœ sonny hated mysteries, but she was the biggest on...
141K 4.7K 33
๐‚๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐–๐€๐๐“ โ› ๐–ฒ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—’ ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐—‰๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—†๐—’ ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐—‡๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—๐—Œ. โœ ใ€ ๐€ ๐๐ข๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐š๏ฟฝ...
848K 22.2K 76
แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€ฌ แ€œแ€ฐแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€šแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€†แ€›แ€ฌแ€แ€”แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฑแ€™แ€šแ€ทแ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€šแ€ทแ€บแ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ฏแ€žแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€šแ€ทแ€บ แ€กแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€’แ€ฑแ€ซแ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซ..... #แ€…แ€แ€บแ€...