My Father's Bidding

By abigellla

Talia's world unravels when she uncovers the truth of her adoption, propelling her into the enigmatic realm o... More

1: We Redecorated
2: I do recall the humans loving their cow grass
3: It doesn't feel as cool as it looks
5: You make it sound so easy
6: Your mother is a printer
7: You can say no if you want
8: That Woman
9: I can't have a party without a visit from the princess
10: I don't feel like whatever it was is gone
11: Do You Hear It?
12: The Girl From The Painting
13: The Blue Man
14: They Saw You

4: I was beginning to believe they were non-existent here

4 1 0
By abigellla

"Wait, we're leaving already? The man serving tea from a tree says he's having a sale today," I tried to reason upon realizing we reached the end of the witch village. This place is incredible. They have gardens here with weird plants I'd never heard of, fairy villages, and a literal castle beside me. A CASTLE! Who just casually has a castle?

"I thought you didn't drink tea?"

"It's from a tree-"

"We will come back. I'm afraid if I turn you loose now you will buy the whole village."

"They sell the coolest things here."

"They do."

"See! We must stay," I jumped excitedly and locked my arm with hers.

"We will come back after I show you around a bit more. I need to pick up a few things anyway. Maybe you'll have enough time to burn that sugar out of your system." Okay, maybe I'm a little hyper. . . but I blame the fairies. They kept giving me mushroom candy and I learned that moss cake is heavenly. I couldn't just not eat my gifts. . .

"Are we going to the castle now?"

"Unfortunately no. . . we got a bit behind schedule in the fairy village. If it makes up for it, it's more enchanting once the sun sets."

"So where are we going then?"

"Jaylon is hosting training right now, I thought you might be interested."

"In training? Are you crazy?"

"No, I mean observing. You could join if you want, but not today."

"Oh, well um, sure. I'm not really into the fighting thing, but I'm happy to know your pack does have members." I realized what just came out of my mouth and froze wide-eyed behind her. Alison giggled to herself and waited for me to catch up. "I am so sorry- I did not mean that at all. I just haven't seen any wolves. I was beginning to believe they were non-existent here."

"I see. . . school starts here at five, so most of the packhouses were emptied before you woke. The pack can be overwhelming. I thought you would like to be eased into meeting everyone."

"FIVE?"

"Five."

"How do you wake up and start school at five?"

"Wolves are naturally early risers."

"I am not."

"We will work on that."

"You know, I have been thinking. I don't need to tour Cole's pack. I know I want to stay here. Permanently."

"Already?"

"It is so cool here. There are fairies and witches-"

"And demons that try to eat you-"

"Yeah, but you handled that."

"You have been here less than a day."

"Alison, I'm positive. I will love it here. I want to stay permanently."

"We will do a trial run. Then you can decide."

"A trial run?"

"You will meet the pack and attend school immediately. Cole is hosting game night Friday. You will have the opportunity to meet some of his pack. I'm sure you'll find them just as charming. Then we will discuss any permanent decisions."

"I have to wake up at FIVE tomorrow?"

"More like three, four-ish if you want to skip breakfast. We will have to register you for class tonight."

"Hmm. . . you're registering me for two days?" I raised my brow at her suspiciously.

"My mistake, I mean make a temporary schedule."

"See! You know I will like it here."

"I have no idea what you will like."

"Sure you don't."

We continued walking down a trail through the forest as I thought over my experience so far. I don't understand why she keeps shutting down the idea of me staying permanently. Was I the only one present when she practically admitted she wanted me to stay last night? She acts like I'm picky. I lived in an abandoned shed in the woods for weeks and robbed a stranger's fridge every tuesday. Why wouldn't I jump at the offer?

The men from last night, Lucious and Asmodeus, stood at the top of the small hill we were walking up. They leaned against opposite trees, studying me with cold eyes. "You two are supposed to be training not stalking," Alison commented.

They looked at each other before turning their backs to us. I quickly took in a deep breath, finally feeling able to breathe. They scare me. They remind me of the other men, except they don't watch with hunger. Their eyes watch me as if I am a threat. As if at any moment, I may just attack her. "What happened to those men? The ones that Jaylon handled."

"Carlisle and Kez are under evaluation."

"Evaluation?"

"My men are loyal to me, especially the hunters. I fear they may have gotten into something that has affected them mentally."

"Some people just like to break orders. Maybe other things happen behind your back."

"I'm afraid that's near impossible in this case."

I shot her a confused look as we reached the top of the hill, but she was too focused ahead to notice. The temperature suddenly dropped drastically as the world faded around me. My focus turned to the glowing cold eyes looking down at me. They belonged to the most beautiful man I ever laid eyes on. His warm skin almost seemed to glow in the sunlight. It's how I imagine an angel would look. I felt like I was fighting gravity by standing so far away, so I ran. I pushed my legs as fast as I could manage and prepared to throw my arms around him. I couldn't get there fast enough. Each second felt like one I should have already been there.

The next step I took was my last. I ran face-first into an invisible wall before being thrown back through the air. A scream escaped my lips mid-air, but the impact I expected never came. I was suddenly on the ground again, still screaming. I closed my mouth upon realizing and filled with embarrassment as I looked over the faces staring at me.

"Don't worry, Amara caught you," a girl spoke up. She looked similar to Alison except with some baby fat on her cheeks and platinum blonde hair. The girl beside her waved awkwardly, looking identical to the one that spoke. I turned to Alison with so many questions that my mouth couldn't properly make out the words.

Warm arms wrapping around my waist distracted me. "Are you alright? I am so sorry, I did not mean to activate my shield." I looked up into his icy eyes and slowly ran my fingers through his black hair. It felt so dreamlike that I struggled to grasp that this was real. Maybe I'm still in the shed, hallucinating.

"No, it's okay. It didn't really hurt." Yes it did.

"You are Talia?" His thumb slowly brushed over my cheek as his eyes studied my features in disbelief.

"How-"

We were pulled from our trance as the sound of two kids screaming rang in my ears. I spun around in his arms to see them running from a goblin thing. I turned back, wrapping my legs around him in fear of it grabbing me too. The kids climbed up Alison like a tree and clung to her neck.

"I'm sorry Mrs. White, they saw you through the window and took off again," the goblin woman stopped, dusting off her dress.

"Kylani," Alison looked down at the little girl disapprovingly. "I hope you two haven't been difficult for Clethee again."

Kylani giggled and tightened her arms around her. "I want to go to work with you."

"I told you they aren't ready for a nanny," Alison complained to Jaylon as he pulled the blonde little boy off her back.

"It's their first week. It takes time, babe."

"Yes, time. They need more of it."

"Maybe we can still keep the night nanny," he offered quickly, earning a glare.

"I can try putting them back down for a nap," Clethee spoke up.

"No-no, take the day off. We can try again whenever you are available."

"Tomorrow would be great."

"Sure. Carissa, would you mind walking Clethee home?"

A black-haired woman stood staring at me in disbelief before waking up. She quickly walked over and grabbed Clethee's hand, glancing back at me repeatedly. She's holding a goblin's hand and staring at me crazy? "No, I need a drink," Clethee mumbled before they both disappeared. It was just poof and they were gone.

"I'm sorry, Talia, this is an overwhelming welcome," Alison replied to my lost expression. I slowly unwrapped my legs and found my footing on the ground awkwardly. She motioned to the dark-haired beauty holding me and smiled. "This is my son, Julien."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.5K 37
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
1.6M 79.6K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
162K 4.9K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...
1K 33 8
Vampires and werewolves have been blood enemies for centuries, but now a new threat is rising...demons are escaping from hell and those demons are in...