Work together (Book 1, Togeth...

By e_smeraldasbooks

She is an assassin in her brother's mafia. She is fierce and has strong opinions. One of those opinions is th... More

Author's note
Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 47

32 0 0
By e_smeraldasbooks

We were going wedding dress shopping today and I was actually really excited. Most of the stuff for the wedding was done and now it was only three days before the big day.

I had decided to bring my mom, Laia, Miranda, Noemi, Ophelia and Viviana to look at dresses.

My bridesmaids were Miranda, Viviana, Noemi and Ophelia. Miranda was my maid of honor. Laia didn't want to be a bridesmaid but she's my sister so I wanted her with me while I dress shopped.

The bachelorette party was going to be the next night and we were going clubbing.

But as we walked into the bridal shop I couldn't help but smile as I looked around at all the pretty dresses.

I had a good idea of how I wanted my dress to look like. I wasn't a fan of mermaid dresses so we didn't really look for those. I wanted to feel like a princess and a ball gown or A-fit was probably the best fit for that.

"What color are you feeling like?" the woman working at the shop asked me and I smiled at her.

"I want a white dress," I answered and she nodded.

"Let me know if you want help," the woman said and I nodded as she left.

We picked out a few dresses and I tried them on. My mother cried and was comforted by Laia. I felt really happy.

I put on a white ball gown with spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline. It was so pretty and as I looked at myself in the mirror I truly felt like a princess.

"Is that the one?" Miranda asked and I turned around to look at them.

"Yeah, I love it," I answered and everyone squeeled.

"Gavino is going to faint when he sees you in this," Ophelia said and helped me back into the fitting room.

"Stop it," I replied and she smiled.

~~~~

The next day I was sitting in my room getting ready for the bachelorette party. We were going to this hotel were we would have a girls night. We thought that it was disrespectful to show up to your wedding hungover so we decided to have the bachelorette and bachelor party two days before the wedding.

Even though it didn't really matter because the wedding was fake. But since it was supposed to last forever, I wanted it to be my dream wedding and I wanted to experience it without a pouding headache because I drank the night before.

All my friends were coming. Laia, Ophelia, Noemi, Miranda, Alba, Viviana and Nora.

Viviana had suggested clubbing like the guys were doing but I wanted to relax and have a calm night. Plus, it never went well when we went clubbing.

The wedding was two days away and I was so nervous. But I didn't really have anything to be nervous about, it's nothing important.

I was all packed and ready to go so we decided to leave for the hotel.

We all couldn't fit in a car because we were eight people so we split into groups of foor and took two cars. I sat in a car with Miranda, Ophelia and Noemi. While Viviana, Nora, Alba and Laia sat in the other car.

"So, how are you feeling?" Miranda asked and smiled at me as we drove off. I didn't even know how to answer that question because I hadn't let myself think about it.

"I'm fine, I'm nervous but I don't know why," I answered and Miranda raised an eyebrow.

"You're getting married, being nervous is part of it," Miranda said and I sighed.

"But it's not real so I shouldn't care how it goes," I replied and Miranda shrugged.

"It's still your wedding and that little girl inside of you whishes for it to be perfect. You dreamed of this day for years," Miranda told me and I nodded.

"I really did and I can't believe that it's almost here," I responded and she smiled.

"You also dreamed of Gavino when you were a little girl," Miranda spoke and I shook my head.

"I didn't know that it was him," I answered and Miranda shrugged.

"If you have a piece of that little girl left, he has a piece of that little boy left. Just remember that when you get mad at him," Miranda said and I sighed.

~~~~

We arrived at the hotel and the help carried our gabs upstairs to our suite.

"Let's eat and party!" Ophelia yelled when we entered the room.

There was a big table full of fruits, drinks and sweets. We all grabbed a plate and started picking out things we wanted and then sat down on the couch.

"Okay, let's guess the wedding," Laia said and I frowned.

"Excuse me?" I asked and she smiled.

"Like our expecatations, who will get the most drunk, will you trip and so on," Laia explained and I smiled.

"Sure, go ahead."

"I think that Xavier will be the most drunk because he morns the lost of our beautiful Julieta," Ophelia spoke and everyone laughed.

"No, no. We were just friends. I think that Enrico will get very drunk because of Alba and everything," I answered and Ophelia raised an eyebrow.

"Or maybe Enrico and Xavier will get drunk and grieve the loss of us," Alba joked and I smiled at her. She was doing better and that made me happy.

"I think that Gavino will cry when you walk down the aisle," Miranda told us and everyone burst our laughing.

"If Gavino cries I will give you 1000 euros," I replied and she smiled.

"Same, that will probably not happen," Viviana agreed and Nora smiled.

"Miranda, bet on it. If you're right you'll get 2000 euros," she exclaimed and Miranda shook her head with a smile.

"I think he's a softy inside but I won't bet on it because I might lose 2000 euros too," Miranda said and I nodded.

"So you're not that confident in your decision then?" Viviana joked and Miranda laughed. We all laughed but I was kind of feeling like I was watching the whole thing and I wasn't actually there.

"Well, he used to be a softy inside but that part of him has been hidden since the mission," I responded and sighed.

"If anyone can get that side of him out again, it's you," Viviana spoke and smiled. She was the only one who could say that and get me to believe it.

"I guess only time will tell. Anways, any more expectations?" I asked and Ophelia shrugged.

"Not really," Nora answered and I nodded. I didn't want to speculate on what would happen because what if something bad happened.

"Okay then. Noemi how's everything with Luca?" I questioned and Ophelia snorted.

"He told me that he loves me."

"What?" Everyone exclaimed and we all hugged her. But the question stood, did she say it back?

"What did you say?" Ophelia asked and Noemi smiled.

"I told him that I love him too."

~~~~

The night went on and we were all slowly getting more and more drunk. We were sitting and braiding each other's hair when I got a phone call.

I picked it up without checking who it was because I wasn't in my right mind. "Hi!" I exclaimed and heard some commotion from the other line.

"Julieta, how are you?" Gavino's voice rang through my ears and I froze.

"I'm good, why?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I just wanted to check in on you, but you sound drunk," he answered and I sighed.

"I'm fine, okay. Bye!" I said and hung up before he could say anything.

Miranda that was braiding my hair started laughing. "Was that Gavino?" she questioned and I nodded.

"Yes, he's so annoying," I responded and she smiled.

"He cares about you, J. Just so you know," she told me and was finished braiding my hair.

"No he does not, he's just pretending," I replied and Miranda raised her eyebrows as I sat up.

A knock was heard on the door and I froze. Who would it be? Viviana went and opened the door and all the guys ran in.

Manuele, Luca, Hugo and Enrico stormed inside our hotel room and then Gavino and Samuel came calmly walking in behind the others.

I just stared at them and was very confused.

"We thought that we could end the party together, if that's okay?" Luca suggested and I nodded because in the moment I was so drunk that I didn't understand a thing.

Hugo's hair looks kind of like a leaf sitting on his head.

Is that a hawk inside the hotel room?

Am I going to die tomorrow or today? I don't want to die tomorrow so maybe I should just get it over with.

"Why?" I didn't realize that I had said something until Gavino looked at me with amusement.

"Come, let's get you some water," Gavino spoke and slid an arm around my waist to guide me to the kitchen. He smellt like cats. No, cats doesn't smell like Gavino.

"Gavino, why?" I repeated and he gave me a bottle of water.

"We wanted to hang out with you guys."

"Weren't the strippers at the club enough?" I asked and took a sip of water. My petty side always came out when I was drunk too. I wonder if they were prettier than me.

"Julieta." His voice had a warning tone to it and I realize that he uses it a lot with me. When he disagrees it's like he is telling me what to do without telling me what to do.

I'm not a child. "You don't need to babysit me, I'm fine," I said and put the water bottle down.

"You're drunk," he stated and I scoffed.

"No shit, Sherlock," I responded and he sighed as I walked away.

I wanted to have fun, to party with my friends and then they crash our party.

No.

I didn't realize what I was doing until I was doing it. I started dancing on top of a table and all the girls started cheering me on a joining me.

I felt Gavino's glare at me but he could glare at someone else. I wasn't his, yet. I still had two days left of freedom and I was taking advantage of it.

Under my umberella, ella, ella ey, ey ey. Oh I might want more vodka. I really like vodka.

Then a knock was heard on the door again, Samuel opened and in came Christian, Denise, Benjamin, Selena, Cecilia, Àlvaro, Carlo and Xavier. They were all ready to party.

I ran up to Nora and dragged her with me as we all trashed the hotel room. I hadn't talked to her that much during the night.

She went with me to the kitchen were I took out the tequila and started pouring us shots.

"Hey, hey! No, no alcohol for you," Christian said and looked at Nora.

"Kiss my ass," Nora replied and took on of the shots that I had slid her way.

Gavino came up to me and took the shots away from me. "It's not wise for you to drink anymore," he spoke and I sighed.

"What is it with men and telling us what to do?!" I exclaimed and Gavino sighed. He took my shot and drank it instead of me.

"Julieta, you're already drunk."

"Stop telling me what to do," I told him and turned around so I was facing him. I was angry. Drunk and angry was never a good combination.

"I know what's best for you," Gavino responded and I raised my eyebrows.

"Really? Is that what you think? Because when you broke up with me, that wasn't the best thing for me and you made that decision without consulting me!" I exclaimed and he shook his head.

"I'm not having this conversation when you're this drunk," Gavino said and sighed. "Let's go home."

"No, you can't crash my bachelorette party and then drag me home," I told him and hadn't even noticed that Nora and Christian were gone.

I could see the pain in his eyes though, even if I didn't realize it in the moment. It was there. I knew that he hated to argue with me and I was drunk so it didn't make things any better. But the hurt in his eyes when I refused to leave didn't register to me in my drunken state.

"We are getting married in two days and even if you don't believe it, I care about you and want what's best for you. If you would just let me help," Gavino spoke and I shook my head.

"I'm not leaving."

"I'll see you tomorrow." He left me in the kitchen and I just stared at where he had stood.

What was really happening? I had no idea.

I noticed the bottle of water which was still standing there from before and chugged it.

I didn't want to ruin everything but that seemed to be the only thing I could do.

Heyy, guys! How are you? My break is almost over and like I warned you, I haven't been able to write so much. I haven't really had any ideas but now they're flooding to me. But I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and there's a lot more to come.

I hope you have a good day!

Goodbye//Esmeralda.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 2.3K 38
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...
422K 5.5K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...
339K 6.6K 51
DISCLAIMER THIS BOOK IS NOT A SLOWBURN, WROTE THIS A YEAR AGO AND IT NEEDS EDITING. 𝐀 π‹πŽπ•π„π‹π„π’π’ πŒπ€π‘π‘πˆπ€π†π„ 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 πˆππ“πŽ π’πŽπŒπ„...
725K 14.7K 40
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...