Great Balls Of Fire | Top Gun...

By fresh_avacado

Sienna Mitchell, whose father is the one and only Pete Mitchell, the rebellious pilot who made his name well... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17

13

829 15 1
By fresh_avacado

BRADLEY'S POV

"You look good." I said as I saw Sienna standing behind the bar.

"It's only because I serve you beer." She said and I smiled.

"Perhaps." I said and she chuckled. Life really flipped over after Hawaii. Important decision had to be made. Sienna was feeling the pregnancy even though she didn't want to show it. And so had no intentions of slowing down.

"You okay?" I asked as she rubbed her stomach.

"I'm good." She said. I truly was worried about her,  I know she is a fighter. She doesn't cave, just like her dad but this time I was worried she was taking on too much.

Two weeks after Hawaii, Sienna accepted the job offer, she is now a teacher at Top Gun during the days and bartender at night. She isn't allowed to pull those Gs much longer and soon she won't be allowed to get into a jet. My only condition was that she would wait until the baby is at least year until she goes on a mission. Something her dad backed me up on. As well as the Navy. But there were no doubt that Sienna Mitchell was going to be back in an F18 soon enough.

"You really should slow down." I said and she let out a chuckle.

"I'm fine, I promise." She said.

"And who do we have here? The lady who is carrying my future godson." We heard Hangman say.

"Doucheman, still hasn't changed." She said and we all chuckled. After Hawaii we all parted ways for a few weeks until we all got the same call, we were all summoned up to join the same squadron. Based here in Miramar, at Top Gun. Whenever we weren't out on a mission, we would be here, teaching and training. And honestly, I couldn't be more grateful.

"Don't swear in front of the baby." He said and she chuckled. Still got under his skin when she called him Doucheman.

"And look at you, growing and glowing." Phoenix said and she smiled as she looked down at the little bump that had grown over the past weeks.

"Rooster, how are you doing?" Hangman said and patted my shoulder before sitting down next to me.

"I'm good, Hangman." I said.

"Ready to become a pops?" He asked with a wide smile making me chuckle.

"I've gotten used to the idea." I said.

"So, no rattle in the sack anymore?" He asked with a wink.

"My lady is too stubborn." I said and Sienna smacked my head with a dish towel making everyone chuckle.

"Well, she's a Mitchell, they are stubborn." He said and I chuckled.

"How did your dad react to the pregnancy?" Phoenix asked Sienna and she smiled.

"Let's just say that the baby already has a flight suit and a call sign is in the making." She said and everyone chuckled.

"He's excited, already turning one of his spare rooms into a bedroom for the baby." She said and I smiled. I was surprised how supportive Maverick been since we told him about the baby. Hanging around to be there hasn't been his stronger side so far but he really stepped up. Buying a house in Miramar, renovated one of spare rooms, calling every day to make sure Sienna is okay. I think even Sienna is surprised by it.

"When do you find out the gender?" Phoenix asked and Sienna looked at me with a small smile.

"Well, we wanted to wait until you guys had arrived. And since you are all here now, I can make a phone call and we could know by the end of the night." She said. We knew how we wanted to reveal it. We had the envelope with the gender. And Maverick have prepared the most amazing gender reveal, Sienna just needed to call him and he would set it up within a few hours.

"Call him!" They all said at the same time making us both chuckle. Sienna went over to Maddie, telling her that they were closing early tonight. She stepped away to make the call and I felt my heart beating.

"What do you think, boy or girl?" Hangman asked.

"I don't know." I said and he let out a chuckle.

"You must have a gut feeling." He said.

"I think it's a girl." Phoenix said.

"Girl." Fanboy said.

"Yeah, girl for me too." Payback said.

"Nah, it's a boy." Coyote said.

"Rooster is definitely a boy dad." He added.

"What are you talking about? He is such a girl dad." Phoenix said.

"What are you guys yapping about?" Sienna asked as she got back.

"If it's a boy or a girl." Fanboy said.

"Oh it's definitely a boy." She said and I chuckled.

"Told yah!" Coyote said.

"She doesn't know, dipshit." Phoenix said.

"She carries the baby, if someone's gut feeling is right, it's hers." He said and we chuckled.

"Doesn't he give boy dad energy?" Coyote asked Sienna.

"Nope, girl dad energy all the way." Phoenix said taking a sip of her beer.

"My vote is on a boy." Hangman said and Coyote gave him a high five.

"Come on, Roost, only you left." Hangman said with that smirk of his.

"Alright, alright." I said.

"I think it's a girl." I said and Phoenix cheered.

"The girl votes win." She said and everyone chuckled. I looked over at Sienna who smiled as she folded some dish towels. She looked absolutely stunning. She was really glowing.

"You nervous?" Hangman asked as we had walked outside to get some fresh air.

"To become a parent?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, totally freaked out." I said and he let out a chuckle.

"I don't give a lot of compliments, so don't hold this over my head." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"You are going to be a great dad, Rooster. I genuinely mean that." He said and I smiled softly. No one has ever seen a sincere and genuine side character of Hangman.

"And well, I'm here if you need help. I mean, I really like you two. You sort of everything I have." He said, he actually did seem sincere.

"So, yeah. You are going to do a great job." He added.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled lightly.

"And I'm so going hold that over your head." I said with a smirk as I took another sip of my beer.

"Prick." He said and I chuckled as I patted his shoulder.

"But for what it's worth, Hangman, you are sort of the only best friend I have, even though I hate your guts." I said and he looked over at me and nodded.

"I hate you too." He said and I smiled.

"Glad we are on the same page." I said and he chuckled.

"You're a good guy, Rooster. No one can deny that." He said and took a sip out of his beer.

"And you will become one, when you find your soulmate." I said and he smiled softly.

"No one can stand me that long." He said and I let out a chuckle and looked back at Sienna smiling with her best friend.

"I think I know someone." I said and he furrowed his brows.

"Who?" He asked and I gestured towards Maddie.

"Maddie?" He asked.

"She knows what it takes to be an aviator, she is best friends with someone. Those two are like partners, she knows what it's like." I said and he looked back at Maddie.

"Yeah and I'm sure Sienna have really put in a good word for me." He said and I chuckled.

"Probably not, but worth considering." I said and he let out a scoff.

"I'm gonna be the cool uncle, that's my priority on a personal level." He said and I chuckled and patted his shoulder before walking back inside to my girl.

______________________________

I held my hand on Sienna's back as we walked out on the runway with everyone following us. Out there stood Maverick next to an F18.

"Guys, what's going on?" Bob asked and Sienna and I looked at each other with smiles on our faces.

"You'll see Bob, you'll see." She said and we walked up to Maverick. He hugged his daughter with a wide smile on his lips and he then gave me a quick hug as well.

"Good evening aviators." He said.

"And Maddie." He added and we all chuckled. She looked quite stunned by the powerful jet that was in front of us.

"I've been called on a special mission tonight." He said. God, this was super cheesy.

"My daughter and Rooster here, have asked me to reveal the gender of my first grandchild. And it's the most honourable mission I've ever been asked to do." He said and we both smiled at him. Sienna was cradling the little bump that was showing through her long black dress.

"So, without further ado. I'm gonna get this sweetheart up in the air and when I'm up, I've done something a little special to the flares." He said and we all chuckled. He climbed the ladder and sat down. I made sure the ladder was stowed and everything disconnected before he started the engine. Everyone put on their ear muffs to drown the loud noises from the jet. I gave him thumbs up and we all backed away. And then he was off. We took off the ear muffs when he was up in the air. And I had fixed a radio so we could hear what he was saying up there.

"You all ready?" He asked.

"Well, stupid of me to ask, I can't hear your answer anyways." He said and we all chuckled.

"Releasing flares, in 3.....2....1." He said and the flares were released and painted the sky BLUE!!! We all cheered at the sight of the colour. I brought Sienna in for a right hug.

"It's a boy!" I shouted and we all laughed and were shocked at the same time.

"Congratulations, my beautiful daughter and the best son in law I could ever ask for." Maverick said through the radio.

"Preparing for landing." He then said. I looked over at Sienna who was smiling and crying. Everyone brought us in for a big group hug.

"I told you." Hangman said with a wide smile and I brought him in for a hug.

"Told you, Phoenix. MAMA ALWAYS KNOWS BEST!" Coyote shouted happily and everyone laughed. I looked back at my beautiful girl who was smiling.

"It's a boy." She said happily and I smiled.

"It's a boy." I said.

Maverick landed the jet and hurried over to celebrate with us. I couldn't believe that we were having a little boy. And if I'm being honest, I'm quite relieved, I thought it was going to be a girl but I have no idea how to understand how girls worked. I know I would've figured it out eventually but damn, it was a little relief.

"I know you wanted a boy." She said and I smiled.

"I know you." She said and I chuckled and kissed her.

"I did too." She said when I pulled away and I smiled softly. I know I wanted a boy, but I would've been happy if it was a girl. I just want the baby to be healthy and as fierce and strong as its mama.

_______________________________

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Hey there." I said as Sienna was laying in bed, leaning her bed against the headboard. I stroked her belly gently.

"Hey there little guy, I just wanted to let you know that we are very excited to meet you." I said and looked up at Sienna who was smiling.

"And if you don't want to be an aviator like your parents, that's totally fine. But we would be very supportive of you did." I said and she chuckled.

"You trying to convince our unborn child to join the Navy?" She asked and I looked back up at her.

"Is that wrong?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Let him turn 18 first." She said and I chuckled.

"Okay, I shouldn't piss off your mama anymore because she is freakishly strong and would take me down in a second." I said and she gently smacked my head.

"But I love her very much." I said and looked up at her and she smiled cheekily. I sat back up next to her and gave her a kiss. We scooted down and I put my arm around her waist and left my hand on her bump. I kissed her neck softly and I could feel her smiling.

"I love you so so much." I said.

"I love you, Bradley Bradshaw." She said and turned her head and I kissed her gently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 7.2K 28
The best fighter pilots all called to one mission, all called back to Top Gun. Taught by the best of the best to become better. Thistle returning to...
194K 4.6K 51
"I know you, Kazansky." "You don't know anything about me, Seresin." "I know you like the F-18 NATOPS," - A story about the eldest daughter of Iceman...
109K 2.1K 34
Lieutenant (y/n) 'Wolf' Mitchell. That was you. The only child of the legendary Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell and Charlotte 'Charlie' Blackwood. ...
75.7K 1K 16
june mitchell, call sign 'hawk' has always wanted to follow her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, into the navy. she goes to top gun with a family fr...