Backseat Driver / Reneé Rapp

By br00keallis0n

I was only meant to drive her around, I didn't know she'd drive me crazy. -RR- More

Bad Impression
Cold As Ice
Never On Time
Breakdown
Want
Please Stay
What You Can't Have
Is This A Date?
A23
Loser
In The Kitchen
Ticket
Wine and Design
Edge of a Precipice
Shoot Her
Henny Shots and Petty Talk
Standing Ground
Checkered Flag
Water

My Fault

2K 58 87
By br00keallis0n

I laze around my house, bored out of my mind. The thing is I don't wanna hang out with my usual friends, I kinda wanna see Quinn but I also don't want to infringe on her time with her friend.

Welcome to overthinking.

I look up a few local events happening to see what I can get into today. Art gallery showing? Not really in the mood. Movie night at the theater? Not feeling that either.

Quinn mentioned a race but I don't see anything small listed online. The only thing I see is a national NASCAR event. Wait, does her dad work for them?

R💛
-Yo the only race going on is the NASCAR one, how tf are you getting into that??-

Baby Driver
-my dad works for them and is in town for the event...-
-I'm surprised you even care about that-

R💛
-are you shitting me?-
-that's cool af-
-can I come?-
-if not no worries-

Baby Driver
-I guess, do you need me to drive you?-

Her apathy makes it seem like she doesn't want me there. Maybe I should just stay home.

R💛
-no, but I don't wanna mess with your time with your friend-

Baby Driver
-lol it's fine, she's been chatting up the driver she thinks is hot, so I haven't seen her since she dipped awhile ago-
-just text me when you get here-

I internally shriek and get all giddy. I throw some clothes on and hail a cab towards the track. Jeez, why am I so nervous? I pick at my nails as we near the venue.

R💛
-almost there-

Baby Driver
-lemme know what gate you're at-

R💛
-bet!-
-gate b-

Baby Driver
-I'll meet you there-

Quinn meets me and carefully places a badge around my neck. "You'll need this. Are you hungry?" She asks.

"Starving actually." I admit. I haven't eaten anything today yet.

"Come on." She grabs my hand and leads me through the venue towards catering services. My heart leaps out of my chest at her touch.

"It's free for staff." She lets go of my hand and grabs a snack for herself.

"But I'm not-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Your badge says otherwise." She points out without looking up at me. The cold shoulder, great.

"Look I can just go back home if you don't want me here..." I snap at her.

"Did I say I wanted you to leave?" She asks, finally looking at me.

"Well no, but..." I can't quite get the words right in my head without sounding like a lovestruck puppy.

"But? Tell me what's on your mind, I can handle whatever you think about me." She pops a grape in her mouth.

"It's nothing." I grab a snack for myself and change the subject. "So, show me around, I wanna meet your dad." I wiggle my eyebrows.

She just laughs at me. "What I'm good with parents." I explain.

"Says you, I'm the type to ruin someone's life and make their parents hate me." She says with a cocky grin and I just chuckle.

"Well you can come ruin my life anytime baby." I say, overtly flirting.

"Mmm I've heard celebrities are overrated." She gives me a wink. Is she... flirting back.

"They are."

"Besides I'm not exactly dating material, and it'd be unprofessional." She says, making excuses.

I step towards her and look her in her eyes. "Let me be the judge of that, plus I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks."

"I'm not going to date you Reneé. Hang out, sure. Be friends, that's pushing it. But I'm not going to date you. You have to promise me you're not going to fall in love with me."  She explains.

I sigh. "I can't make a promise I can't keep baby."

She rolls her eyes and smirks. "And what's with the pet names all the time?"

"It's just how I was raised... I call everybody baby, honey, sweetie... problem?" I raise my brow.

"No, just only used to that shit in certain, how should I phrase this, encounters." She tiptoes around her point.

"You mean sex, some dude just trying to talk you up just to see you naked. I get it." I avoid her gaze that seems to bore into me.

"I'll tell you my story if you tell me yours." She presses.

"Not yet. I'm just... not ready to talk about that with you." I explain. "So when does this race start?"

"Shit, I was supposed to meet my dad back in the pit." Quinn grabs my hand as we push our way through to find her dad. "Dad, Reneé. Reneé, my dad." She says in passing as she goes to help him go over pre-checks.

"Hi." I smile and wave.

I watch the driver get into the car and Quinn returns. "Ok ok here." She hands me a headset and motions for me to follow her outside.

She talks into her mic. "Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, wait can other people hear us too?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Hah no, we're on channel 6 and communications for the driver and my dad are on 1, pit crew is 2. If Wren ever shows up, you'll probably hear her on here too. But she texted me before you got here she was chilling with her boy toy." She explains.

"Got it." I lean against the low fence, looking around.

"They're lining up, getting ready to start." Quinn says, and she points towards the track, but not before I notice her other hand is on the other side of me. Meaning, she could easily have me pinned against this fence.

All of a sudden I see a green flag go up and the race has begun. "Who are we rooting for baby?" I ask as I purposefully lean back into her.

I feel her hand grip my waist. "Number 24, that's the kid driving for my dad's team."

"You're really into this aren't you? Did you ever drive?" I ask her as I place my hand over hers and wrap it further around me, essentially pulling her closer to me.

"Nah my dad would never let me, besides I have a preference for faster cars. He's afraid I'd wreck." I can practically hear her smile as I feel her other hand wrap itself around me too. "Pretty sure friends don't do this but the way..." her tone tentative.

"You've never cuddled with your best friend while watching a movie?" I ask.

"Pretty sure if Wren and I cuddled she'd ask me what the fuck was wrong with me." She laughs out. "I'm flirty, but not very affectionate."

"Seems like you're affectionate with me." I play with her fingers at my waist. She just hums in response.

As the race continues, I notice her relax around me a bit, brushing my hair out of my face, or grinning when I get excited over something.

"Alright this is the last lap and our boy is in second position a second and a half behind first. He's gotta book it." Quinn informs me.

"Come on 24!" I shout.

"Baby, that was my ear." She says and I internally flinch.

I turn around in her arms. "Fuck I'm sorry baby, I forgot." I give her a kiss on the cheek as a sorry.

Her eyes lock with mine and she looks like she's thinking, but then her attention goes to the checkered flag behind me. "He did it!!" She shouts and picks me up spinning me around.

"Dude, my ears." I giggle out and she sets me down and takes my face in her hands and kisses me.

"Does that make up for it?" She smirks and I nod, my nose brushing against hers.

"Pretty sure friends don't kiss like this either." I joke with her, going in for another kiss but she pulls away.

"Sorry I shouldn't have..." she fumbles, her eyes now frustrated. But I can tell it's not with me. "You're my boss, and we're just friends, and I shouldn't have kissed you."

"Yo did you just fucking kiss the actual Reneé Rapp?" I hear Wren's voice come over the headset.

"Now you decide to join, I don't wanna talk about it." Quinn walks off annoyed.

"Oh we're definitely discussing the tea when we go home later." I look around trying to seem like I'm not listening to their conversation.

"The fuck we are, can't do that if I don't come home." Quinn snaps back at her.

"Bitch where did you get the audacity?!"

"Got it from my parents hoe, have a problem go fight my dad." I see Quinn toss her headset in the equipment bin in the pit.

"So you like Quinn huh?" I hear Wren ask.

"I mean, I think she's cute as fuck. But baby is so damn guarded it's not even funny." I tell her. I finally see the girl who joined us on the radio approaching me.

"Well, she's been fucked over a time or two by people who were supposed to care. That's why she doesn't do relationships but will have long-standing hook ups. The moment she starts having feelings, she leaves... cuts them off. My suggestion, just leave her alone." Wren gives me a look of sadness.

"I literally have to see her every day that I have shit to do." I explain.

"You have a car and can drive no?"

"No I live under a rock, of course I do." I roll my eyes.

"Then you know what to do." Say says before taking off her headset and walking away.

I lean against the fence and ponder what the fuck today has been. I'd wholeheartedly let Quinn ruin my life. Maybe I'll take her friends advice and give her space. Maybe I won't.

a/n: surprise double update because it's my day off and I've had some time. Love you bubbies 💕

Ok fav Reneé Rapp song, and go?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5.4K 20
[you don't understand what i'm capable of, do you?] this story contains mature themes, read at your own risk ♡
54.4K 1.2K 31
We are best friends. And nothing can change that...Or can it? #1 in femalexfemale #1 in Oliviarodrigo #1 in Iris Apatow #1 in driver's license #1 in...
2.5K 208 9
Starting this so soon 💙
559 66 13
"If it's all in my head tell me now. Tell me I've got it wrong somehow. I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it." - Harper Bradley j...