CONNECTED: A BEAUTIFUL DREAM?

By VominiR7

Ruby is a cheerful woman living her best life, dream job in Mumbai, India but she has her own fears to deal w... More

Acknowledgement
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER 1 A DREAM
CHAPTER 2 BEGINNING
CHAPTER 3 HORROR NIGHTS
CHAPTER 4 APPOINTMENT
CHAPTER 5 THE MEANING
CHAPTER 6 A SIMILAR CASE
CHAPTER 7 TRAVEL TO PAST
CHAPTER 8 DAROLI
CHAPTER 9 JABALPUR SECRETS
CHAPTER 10 RAIPURA VILLAGE
CHAPTER 11 THE HOUSE
CHAPTER 12 THE TRUTH
CHAPTER 14 VICTORY
AUTHOR'S BIO

CHAPTER 13 NO MORE SUFFERING

3 0 0
By VominiR7

Ruby reached the station along with her uncle and aunt, checked the platform and the time of departure. She reached the platform with fifteen minutes to spare, the train was already standing and passengers were rushing to board the train. She waved goodbye to her uncle and aunt with a smile on her face and boarded the train with five minutes left for the train to depart. This time she was not nervous or scared but happy to have found the meaning behind her dreams and that she will soon be free from her trauma. She was even more happy to be able to help her granny fulfill her wish.

The train left the station and her return journey began and Ruby was still smiling thinking about the coming day and then remembered Amara's words, "Ruby, you need to let go of the attachment and fondness, only then will you be free and her soul will leave peacefully," she told her before she left the clinic. Ruby thought as to how would she bid goodbye to granny and what will she say... she was lost in her thoughts when a staff person came to ask her as to what will she like to have for dinner to which she replied that she will have something light and would like some sandwiches and a cup of green tea. She thanked the person as she paid for the food she ordered. After dinner she looked outside the window only to find that it was pitch dark and decided to sleep hoping that no dreams will appear to haunt her that night. Her sleep was quite peaceful and woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. An announcement was made that they have reached the final station and all the passengers were requested to get down at the station once the train came to a halt. Ruby checked her luggage and once the train stopped she got down at the station, booked a cab and drove off to grandpa's house.

On reaching she greeted everyone and as she was hungry she asked for some food or snacks to eat and then looked at grandpa and said, "I did it, I found the solution, I got the flower," to which he smiled and replied, "I knew it... you are indeed a very brave child, I am proud of you..." he paused, sighed heavily and continued, "finally, your granny can be at peace... she will be very happy." Ruby was shocked to hear what grandpa said and that he knew everything yet hid it from her but understood the possible reason behind his action and so did not question him but instead smiled at him.

She told her grandpa that she had decided to visit granny after lunch and that she needed his help in covering up for her and not letting anyone know about her decision to which her grandpa smiled and agreed to her condition and wished her good luck and success. After lunch Ruby was ready for her final work, waved grandpa bye, took the flower seeds and her granny's photograph with her and left for the graveyard.

On her way she could feel that someone was walking alongside her and a wave of icy cold air surrounded her but this time she was not afraid as she knew that it was her granny who was guiding and protecting her. She reached the graveyard, entered and walked towards her granny's grave. She remembered her aunt's words and decided to bid her granny a last goodbye by revealing her thoughts to her before planting the seeds.

Ruby sighed, paused and sat on both her knees, joined her hands, closed her eyes and spoke, "Dear granny, ever since I was born you were the one who took care of me, loved me and never left me alone. You gave me strength and always made me laugh, you cared for me more than anyone else. As I grew our bond became stronger and became an unforgettable memory for me. I have learnt so much from you and I would remember all that you taught me. I will cherish those memories but I cannot be attached to them forever. You have helped me a lot and now it is my time to help you fulfill your last wish. Granny it is time to let go and for you to rest in peace and for your soul to depart peacefully for afterlife. I got your favorite flower and this is my final goodbye. Have a peaceful journey granny."

Ruby opened her eyes, took out the seeds and carefully planted them and sprinkled water over them... she then took out the photograph and placed it beside the seeds. She then stood up and payed her respects for the last time before leaving never to come back again. A minute passed and she got up, turned and left and did not look back. She came back home, washed up and changed her clothes and was ready to leave for Mumbai. She bid a final goodbye to all her relatives and took off for her destination. She accomplished her goal and was satisfied that she can finally return back to her normal life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444 14 6
Sylvia Stone, all but 15 years old today, is ending her own life. As she is about to take the extreme step, she looks back at the events that led to...
Lost In A Dream By Nick

Mystery / Thriller

545 20 8
Drew must come to his senses and realize that everything in his life is not as perfect as he thinks it is. Through this adventure Drew starts to doub...
584 107 27
Just one phone call is all it takes to leave one consumed by grief. Her sister. Dead. Six dark months later, something dangerous and not quite human...
1.4M 61.5K 34
When Sarah Solomon took refuge in an old cottage in the woods, she knew it would only be a matter of time before the monsters came a' calling. Curse...