Elysian

By anglzx7

*COMPLETED* BOOK THREE OF THE FORESKELT SERIES (standalone) Mika Roosevelt has the perfect life. High paying... More

dear reader + characters
[01] - a thorn in my side
[02] - opposites
[03] - some sick joke on me
[04] - can't deny the chemistry
[05] - not your baby
[06] - i see what's happening here
[07] - i might think youre flirting with me
[08] - i have a bad feeling
[09] - a little devil
[10] - promiscuous girl
[11] - impulsive thoughts
[12] - the little details
[13] - you're my idol
[14] - awkward reencounters
[15] - anyone wants cheese?
[16] - a single touch erupts a thousand feelings
[17] - best fake couple out there
[18] - take you out on dates and spoil you
[20] - let's give them a show
[21] - in your dreams
[22] - make your fantasies come true
[23] - only if you join me
[24] - make more mistakes
[25] - fuck it
[26] - more than anything
[27] - the tension is palpable
[28] - fake it till you make it
[29] - i fucked up
[30] - the batle of the mind
[31] - two souls meeting in between
[32] - you're the dancing queen
[33] - what drunk type are you?
[34] - might need a reminder
[35] - peaceful paradise
[36] - eyes speak louder than words
[37] - ask me nicely
[38] - some things change
[39] - big no
[40] - strangers knocking at the door
[41] - this calls for a party
[42] - i don't see it
[43] - just a couple idiots having fun
[44] - i like you like this
[45] - goodbye goobye
[46] - profound happiness
[47] - the glint in his eyes
[48] - you're losing me
[49] - everything feels pointless
[50] - right by your side.
Epilogue
Last Words + Announcement

[19] - nothing will be the same

952 45 29
By anglzx7

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"Mika, dear?" my grandma knocks on the door.

When she doesn't get a answer right away, as I'm still slowly waking up, she knocks once more. I groan but my annoyance quickly fades and it's replaced by red alerts ringing in my head.

She can't see Lane on the damn floor.

Glancing at where he lays sleeping, I try to call his name but it goes as pointless since he doesn't move in the slightest.

For fuck's sake, fucking dickhead.

"Can we come in?" gran knocks again.

"Uh, gives us just a second!" I answer.

My head snaps back to the sleeping beauty and I call his name a little louder this time. He still doesn't wake up so I quit being a decent person and instead grab the glass of water in my nightstand.

I splash it in his face and, finally, his eyes spread open while he starts coughing. Sorry not sorry. His brows furrow in confusion, only to relax when his gaze finds mine.

"Good morning to you too, angel" he grins.

I just threw cold water on him and he's still nice?!

"Get in the bed, now!" I whisper-shout.

Lane's gaze darkens, "Careful, Red, saying things like that to me will get me with ideas" he looks up to me with both hands behind his head.

"Shut up and get in here" I roll my eyes.

"Talk dirty to me" he smirks.

Ignoring his comment and the stupid smug on his face, I push the mattress forward, so it looks like two people have been sleeping here. Then, grab the pillow he was using and put it next to mine.

Waving my hand at him, I pat the other on the sheets as to tell him to take the empty spot. He's still a little disoriented and staring at me weird but I don't stop to explain just yet.

"Mika is everything okay?" it's mom who asks now.

Mina and Lane's eyes fly to one another, widening significantly as he finally understands why I'm being like this. He jumps to the bed and pulls the covers over him.

"Yes, you can come in now" I say back.

As the words escape my mouth, I feel a hand make it's way to my waist and pull me closer against a hard chest. I force myself not to glance at Xander, even though all I can think about is the proximity between us.

Mom and granny burst through the door, tray in hand with what looks like a delicious breakfast. Okay, that's weird. It might look like a sweet gesture, which from my grandma I'd believe, but mom too? Something isn't right here.

"Aw, look at these two love birds!" gran beams, smiling from eye to eye at us.

We return the expression, though ours are mostly fake, and Xander kisses the top of my head. Still on my waist, his thumb rubs against my bare skin so softly I don't think he even realizes he's doing it.

"Good morning, ladies, looking as beautiful as always" unaffected, Lane flashes them his signature grin and turns into his sunshine self, "Is that scrambled eggs I'm smelling? You sure know your way to a man's heart"

"Oh this? It's just something I made" my gran waves him off, smiling like a ten year old with a crush, which honestly doesn't surprise me, "I didn't know if you were a coffee or tea person so I brought both"

"I like anything and everything, thank you so much Louise, you didn't have to" he helps her put the tray on the nightstand.

"Yeah, gran, this is amazing" I agree.

"I told her you'd probably want to sleep until later today but she insisted to bring you that" mom informs with a slight chuckle.

"Food will not be wasted and sleeping late only means that you're wasting valuable time!" the older woman argues.

"Couldn't be more right, I usually even go for a run but this time I just didn't want to leave her side" he gestures to me, locking gazes with me while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I swallow hard, but despite my efforts I can't seem to find the strength to look away. At least not until he breaks the eye contact first himself.

"What's the plans for today?" he asks interested.

"Glad you ask! It's actually a Mika's personal favourite, a day at the lake!" gran's excitement freshens up the whole room.

"Hm, I don't think you've told me about that one yet but I'm intrigued" he shifts back to me.

I shrug, "Probably forgot to tell you"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will love it. Imagine a beach but a lot more peaceful and with an even better view" mom explains.

Lane nods, "As long as Mika is there, I have no doubts I will enjoy anything" he cages me between both his arms, pressing my back to his chest and placing a soft kiss on my temple.

As a reflex my hand flies to his arms, but I stop myself before pulling them away. They're still watching, Mika. Reminding myself of so, I simply force a smile and lean in to his touch.

"Well, we will leave you to it" gran claps her hands together and takes my mother with her, as they finally leave the room.

I sigh in relief, knowing that one was on a thin line. After this we should probably win some prize for such a good acting, to be honest. Hire me for acting jobs people, just not with Lane please.

Relaxing my tense muscles from this whole interaction, I move my body to try to find a more comfortable position but in the same moment I realise what was bothering me.

Xander's hard on pokes into my back and flashbacks of the party that lead us here invade my mind. I immediately fly out of his lap, which I was practically sitting on before.

He chuckles, "I should go get a cold shower"

"Mhm hm" I clear my throat.

My gaze follows as he steps out of the bed and stretches out his muscles. Fucking hell, when did a man's back become so hot. I try to look away but it's nearly impossible.

Whether he knows I'm staring or not, I think the smug expression he has plastered on his face easily answers. At this point I don't really care, I've had no problems admiring the guy's good looking so I might as well enjoy the view.

Besides just because I'm looking doesn't mean I will be doing any touching. That's what I need to remind myself of, or else my mind will start wandering off to places it really shouldn't.

Lane glances at me, "Which one?"

I stare between the two swim shorts he's holding and try to imagine him with both. Clearly not a good idea. But at least I know which one for him not to wear.

"The blue ones, for sure" I tell him.

"Have any to match with me?" he suggests grinning.

I roll my eyes, "We're not going to be that couple"

Frowning when he doesn't answer, I realise it's because he's smiling way too hard to be able to say anything. Talk about being a weirdo.

"What?" I quirk a brow.

"Nothing" he shrugs, folding the shorts I said no to do he can put them back in the closet, "You just, you said couple and not fake couple"

Shit, I didn't realise that, "It's the same thing, besides you know I meant fake couple so whatever"

"Yeah, of course" he bounces his head but he's smirk tells me otherwise, this motherfucker.

"I'm serious." I argue.

He's mocking me at this point, "I know"

"I hate you" I groan at the guy.

"Well I don't, girlfriend" he winks, then chuckles and snaps his fingers, adding "I mean, fake girlfriend"

An eye roll from me, "You're such a dickhead"

Satisfied with himself, he goes to get changed on the bathroom while I lay back into the mattress. My hands rub my face together as I let out a long breath.

I reach for my phone and check all the unread messages I have. This last couple days have such a mess I haven't even been able to be online at all.

#KA-KA-KACHOW#
Devon: *changed the group chat name*
Benji: not again.
Devon: who wants to watch lightning mcQueen :D
Devon: rina, baby, what'd you say? ;)
Rina: kill me?
Rowan: rina number one stan over here
Devon: suck my dick, asshole
Rowan: i'd prefer to suck @/benji 's
Benji: ?
Rowan: ;)
Me: someone bleach my eyes
Benji: please

Swiping off the group chat, I shake my head as I try to un-see my brother's words. I don't know who's worse at this point, Devon with Rina or him with Benji. The poor guy.

I scroll down the app a little more and realise I have some messages from Devon to see as well. As of him dealing with his on the group wasn't enough, the guy fills my notifications on our private chat as well.

Devon: ffotd: i'm hungry
Devon: know u're slow so ffotd= fun fact of the day
Devon: i think benji is broken
Devon: he hasn't said a word in two hours
Devon: why didn't you take me with you
Devon: WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME HERE ALONE
Devon: ANSWER ME BITCH
Devon: u found someone and replaced me haven't u
Devon: #justicefordev
Devon: going to cry to break up songs bc of u
Me: ??????
Devon: SHE'S ALIVE

If I thought Xander was weird, then I was definitely having temporary amnesia and forgot about this one. Though, at least Dev I somehow find myself liking a tiny bit.

I'm certain that everyone should've a Devon in their life. Someone to just bright up your days with the most stupid, yet somehow kinda funny, shit ever.

Can't lie though, this has only made me want to get back in New York the quickest possible. I miss Benji, Dev and Rina. Just like I miss my house and bed, my space. Though, it does feels like once we return nothing will be the same.

Not after this week.

𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 115 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
16.4K 481 29
• Friends to enemies to lovers • Dark themes • Situations some readers might find offensive • Spicy romance with dark elements *** Never did I exp...
231K 6.5K 47
He usually prefers his employees to be less...bubbly. Energetic. A little more like him, essentially. But there was something about her the moment sh...
50K 1.3K 100
Y/N was not living life. She survived everyday with constant harmful thoughts. How long until her landlord would kick her ass out of the apartment...