๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž.

By ExoticityV

"If only you were mine.." "Baby I'm thuggin' I can't be yo' boyfriend." WARNING: this book is very fast paced... More

character list.
One: Knock, knock. Who's there?
Two: Don't Run.
Three: The Arrangement.
Four: Hoe for me.
Five: Tit for Tat.
Six: On The Bright Side..
Seven: Refuge.
Eight: Memory Lane.
Nine: Cum Get It.
Ten: Lackin'.
Eleven: Who U Foolin'?
Twelve: Teenage Love Affair.
Thirteen: Real Spill.
Fourteen: California Breeze.
Fifteen: Yes.
Sixteen: A Promise I Can't Keep.
Seventeen: Day In The Life.
Eighteen: Diced Pineapples.
Nineteen: Crossed Wires.
Twenty: In Love We Trust.
Twenty-one: Accepting My Flaws.
Twenty-two: Sparks Will Fly.
Twenty-three: Safe Haven.
Twenty-four: Full Circle.
Twenty-five: Ci'day.
Twenty-six: Backdoor.
Twenty-seven: A Woman's Intuition.
Twenty-eight: Gangsta's Cry.
Twenty-nine: Lightning Fast.
Thirty: No Ordinary Love.
Thirty-two: She's All That.
Thirty-three: Divergent.
Thirty-four: Life Support.
Thirty-five: New Balance.
Thirty-six: From A Woman.
Thirty-seven: From A Man.
Thirty-eight: Stranger.
Thirty-nine: Epilouge.

Thirty-one: Mayhem & Magnolias.

5.9K 283 152
By ExoticityV

"Do you even love me anymore?" Cimani frowned as she laid with her face pressed up against Ezriah's back. It had been exactly a month since they got back from Africa, and to say the trip was nothing short of amazing was an understatement.

Ezriah had successfully avoided his uncle the entire trip, but still had to hear his mouth in the end—his uncle relaying a very detailed message through Nipsey.

Isaias Ali didn't think twice about his brothers disappearance, he knew the type of man his brother was and his absence didn't really seem to affect him, at all. Which is why Ermias tried his best to explain to his brother that him avoiding his uncle was pointless, especially since his uncle did not care.

Ezriah felt a tinge of guilt that he didn't speak to, nor visit his uncle on his trip to Africa. He knew he could make up for it though, especially since Ash and Nip planned on moving.

Although it was rough, Ezriah had succeeded in avoiding sex with Cimani. If it weren't for his trusty right hand, candid videos of him and Cimani's most intimate moments and,  weekly visits to Dr. Sanchez he didn't think he would've lasted this long.

"Of course baby, don't ever ask me no shit like that." He shook his head at Cimani's dramatic question. He didn't even think it was possible but, he felt as if his love for Cimani grew especially since they weren't intimate.

Ezriah seemed to be holding it together, while Cimani on the other hand was losing it. Despite the fact that Ezriah initiated most of their sexual encounters, Cimani's sex drive seemed to be higher than his. She felt like a dog in heat, and blamed Ezriah for her erotic ways.

Frowning, she peeked from behind him as she watched him roll a blunt. It was only ten thirty in the morning and Ezriah's morning wood was the only thing on Cimani's mind. "But it's not fair, you put it down on me almost everyday and then you just take it away?" She frowned. "I'm literally going through withdrawals."

Ezriah chuckled, licking the blunt as he finished rolling it up. I wish that were me he was licking. Cimani thought to her self as she swiped her tongue across her top lip.

Once he was finished, he dusted off his lap before standing up straight, leaving Cimani to fall back onto the bed. He made his way towards the side of the bed where she laid, leaning down he placed a kiss on her lips. "You'll be aight mama. Trust me."

Cimani couldn't help but to roll her eyes as she threw the covers over her, getting comfortable. She turned so that her back was now facing him as she tried to force herself to go back to sleep.

She didn't want to argue with him about having sex, because she felt as if that was childish. She'd just rather avoid the topic as a whole and if Ezriah didn't want to fuck her, she didn't want to fuck him either.

She loved her man, and she couldn't see her self having sex with any one else. But, if he continued to play this 'no sex' game she would play it too, but better.

Ezriah watched Cimani's body language as she got comfortable in her bed, she knew she was agitated. He didn't blame her, because although he wasn't showing it, so was he. It took everything in him not to break her in half. But he knew, if he didn't get his mind right he wouldn't be the best boy friend that he could be.

Cimani commanded him for that, she was happy therapy was actually working and he wanted to get rid of some of his toxic traits. But she missed her man, and a month was four weeks too long without his touch.

"I love you Cimani." Ezriah said sternly, his eyes fixated at the back of her figure as she laid with her eyes shut.

"I love you too Ezriah." She whispered softly.

He didn't want to bother her, but he wanted to lift her spirits. Walking over the side of the bed that she was now facing, he placed a soft kiss on the top of her forehead. "I'll be back around five, be dressed and ready to go."

A smiled graced Cimani's face as her eyes fluttered open. "Okay."

...

Ezriah's eyes went from his diamond bezel Cartier Santos watch, back up to a confused Junior who had just entered the bleach and pine-sol scented basement.

Once Flocko's body was dismembered, and cremated Ezriah had his professional cleaners whom he had sign NDA's come and clean the place, thoroughly. The twelve hour job every Friday, blessed all three of the house keepers with twenty thousand—a piece. They cleaned the place the night everything went down, but between Flocko's blood and Nipsey's, it took a few weeks to get the place spic and span.

Junior's nose scrunched up at the over bearing scent, he knew what that smell meant. "Look like my auntie came through and cleaned this mufucka'." His California accent heavy as he examined the steel basement.

Letting out a laugh, Ezriah shook his head. Junior and him grown close over the course of weeks. Ezriah trusted Junior enough to inform him about the situation with Flocko. He knew Junior would have questions, especially since they all were in business together. He knew him telling Junior the truth would keep their business and personal relationship stronger. Junior would feel included, and trusted.

Trust was major part of street code, if it wasn't established business would be nothing but chaos.

"Them mamitas don't play." Ezriah joked, taking a look around the basement him self. Everyone that worked for Ezriah had been in his life for quite a while. He didn't want to work with outsiders, he needed people around him that he could trust—at all times.

Junior made his way from the middle of the room, to one of the black lawn chairs that sat in front of the fold up table in the middle of the room. Lighting his pre rolled blunt, he sat back and blew out the smoke.

"What's the word on the Sasha bitch?"

To say Ezriah and Junior were growing close was an understatement, they had grown a bond. It was hard for Ezriah to trust any one after the situation with Flocko but, Junior's honesty, and loyalty had been proven.

He was a lot like Ezriah, which was one of the many reasons Ezriah trusted him. They had a lot of the same traits, it was scary honestly.

The only other person in Ezriah's life that reminded him of himself, was Nipsey. Even then, Ermias and Ezriah were different in many ways. He saw a lot of him self in Junior, they had more traits alike than him and Ermias.

Letting out a sigh, Ezriah made his way towards the fold up table. Pulling out his phone he opened the 'Find My' app and checked the location of the AirTag he'd dropped into her car one night.

Luckily for him, Sasha was dumb enough to still be selling herself at one of his many motel locations. She also had a tendency to leave her car door unlocked at certain hours of the night.

He had heard about Sasha's whereabouts by word of mouth, so now that he located her, all he had to do was pull that trigger.

Jahiem wasn't too fond of Ezriah killing Sasha when he just had to kill Flocko, one of his closest friends. Jahiem wanted to do the honors, but Ezriah didn't like that idea, at all. Sasha was his problem, not his baby brothers. He knew the mental warfare that came after taking a life, he didn't want his brothers to endure that type of pain also.

Although Sasha was his main target, he knew she didn't have enough money to skip states or run away, so she'll be around for a while. He had bigger things to worry about today, like taking his girlfriend out, and his mother finally meeting Jahiem and Jacolby.

Ezriah and Ermias hadn't informed Asia about their new found brotherhood, nor the fact that Ermias was kidnapped and Flocko was dead.

Ermias had his own reasons as to why he didn't inform his mother, one of them being that his fiancée was already heartbroken, and traumatized, he didn't want his mother going through the same thing. He wished Ashley didn't have to go through it, and knowing that she was hurting, hurt him.

It would break Asia's heart once she found out the most beautiful times of their lives were flipped upside down, at the hands of some one she practically raised.

Ezriah on the other hand, didn't want his mother to hurt either. But not just from the events that transpired, he didn't want to admit to her that he was the one that killed Flocko. Asia Hussle knew her sons like the back of her hand though, and she knew Ezriah wouldn't let James live for even touching a hair on his brothers head.

He already felt like a monster, he didn't want his mother to look at him as even bigger one. But that wasn't the case, at all. Asia loved James as if he were one of her own, but if she knew that he'd kidnapped her son? She would've offed him her self.

Ezriah also knew that the Jahiem and Jacolby situation would put an even bigger strain on her mother's heart, a secret family was hurtful. Whether Asia hated Massawa or not, that type of betrayal isn't something you can just brush off.

"Nah, we gon' hold off on Sasha for a few days bro. I got some shit i gotta handle." He admitted, pulling the bag of weed out of his pant's pocket. Placing it on the table, he started to crush it with the silver grinder he brung along with him.

Junior side eyed Ezriah before shaking his head. "The sooner we handle that shit, the less amount of time that bitch got to run her fuckin' mouth. She already telling ya' brothers shit, tryna get you killed. Who the fuck else she telling shit to?"

Junior didn't know the whole story, he just knew that Sasha sent Jacolby after Ezriah.

"You right bro, but I got more important shit on my plate right now. It don't matter who that bitch run her mouth to, ain't no nigga big enough, or got enough heart to get up wit' me." Ezriah shrugged, pulling out the black pack of Bob Marley's.

He wasn't trying to sound cocky, but he wasn't lying. Ezriah was a hard body nigga, and he put fear in a lot of niggas hearts. Plus, he had money. You had to be in a certain caliber to even get next to him.

Junior chuckled, pulling out his phone to check the time. "You right bro, I got one request though." Junior was eager, eager to get that exhilarating feeling he felt when he caught a body. He liked to watch people take their last breath, especially people that deserved it. He also, was eager to prove his loyalty to Saint.

He seen how much he went through, and he felt for him. They were cut from the same cloth, had the same view on morals, respect, and loyalty. Being born into poverty made them products of their environment and they faced the same day to day struggles. They even faced most of the same mental health problems, they were both two crazy ass niggas.

"And what's that?" Ezriah asked, sparking his perfectly pearled, fat blunt.

Junior grinned before responding. "You let me take the shot."

"Ma!" Ezriah yelled as he slipped off his ASICS Gel 1130 'Black Pure Silver' sneakers. His eyes scanned around the cream, nude, and gold living room ensemble. His mother decorated the condo that the boys purchased for her to her liking, the end results were breathtaking.

Jahiem and Jacolby admired the set up as Ermias kicked his Nike Forces off. Asia's laugh could be heard from the kitchen, it then traveled to the living room where all four of the shoeless boys stood.

With her house phone up to her ear, Asia's eyebrows furrowed as she bit down on the fresh piece of cantaloupe she'd just finished cutting up. Wiping her hands and mouth with a napkin, Asia's stare bounced from each boy. "Girl let me call you back, my babies here and they've brought." Her eyes scanned over Jahiem's face for a second too long. "Guests."

Her friend, Grace spoke from the other end resulting in her shaking her head. "Right. Okay talk to you later." Was the last thing she said before ending the call, she stood with her hands on her hips.

"Hey ma." Ezriah smiled, embracing his mother in a hug. Ermias followed up, he watched as his mother frowned once he pulled away.

Grabbing his face in her hands, Asia pulled Ermias' head down so that they were now eye level. He knew the first thing she would notice was the long scar that went from his temple to his eyebrow.

"What the hell happened to your beautiful face, Ermias?" She asked, worry evident in her voice.

Jahiem and Jacolby sat back quietly, watching the conversation transpire. Ermias sighed before grabbing his mother's hand. "Come sit down ma, we gotta talk. All of us." He confessed, pointing between all four of them.

Asia sighed, before closing her eyes tight. She felt the tears coming on. "I knew it." She said softly before opening her now red eyes. She had a feeling, she just didn't want to believe it.

Every one had a confused look on their face as they waited for her to elaborate. "These are Massawa's sons, right?" She sniffled, lifting her head to get a good look at both of the boys faces.

The resemblance was uncanny. All four of them resembled their father, each in a different way.

Ezriah's expression changed, "Wait, ma. You been knew?"

Asia wiped her tears with another napkin, making her way towards the plush cream couch. All four of them tailed behind her, taking a seat also. "No." She admitted, a look of sorrow on his face.

Ermias hated how his mother was so emotional, she went from laughing to smiling in a matter of seconds. He hated seeing her hurt, but he knew this wasn't easy for her.

"I had a feeling though. Your father always seemed to have a liking to this boy." She pointed at Jahiem. "I always said they resembled, I thought they maybe were related. But I didn't think that was his son." She ranted.

"Not until the day he ended up getting arrested." Her voice was shaking as she spoke, Ermias inched closer to her, placing his hand on her back. He rubbed in slow circular motions as his mother expressed how she felt. "Jahiem right?" She asked, now facing him.

Jahiem nodded slowly, he could see her pain and it was sad. He was angry at his mother, for messing with a married man, but he knew that he wouldn't be here if she didn't.

"Yes ma'am." He responded.

"Yeah.. well when Jahiem got arrested, about nine years ago. You had to be about what, ten?"

Jahiem shook his head. "No ma'am, I was eleven when I first got arrested. He died a little after that too.." Jahiem trailed off.

Asia shook her head also, "What a shame, right?" She chuckled sarcastically. "Anywho, I had a feeling you were his son when they arrested you. The way he was filled with anger, I seen it in his eye when that father side of him kicked in. He was the same way when Ezriah got arrested." She sniffled once more, turning to her son.

"I didn't know there were two of you." Her heart felt as if it were breaking all over again. Massawa was the love of her life, or so she thought. Turning to Jacolby, she took in his features. "I can tell you're the quiet one." She joked with a low laugh. "What's your name?"

Jacolby cleared his throat before speaking. "I'm Jacolby." He flashed a timid smile.

"Oouu! The nerve of that mother fucker to name you two with the same initials." She scoffed, "He named Ezriah and Ermias after my middle initials, what's your mom's middle name?" She questioned.

Jahiem and Jacolby looked at each other, disappointment plastered on both of their faces. "Joyce.." they both said in unison.

You could just see the hurt in Asia's eyes, Massawa truly broke her heart, for the second time. Ezriah clenched his jaw at the look on his mother's face, he wanted to dig his father up, just to kill him once more.

Grabbing Asia's hand, Ezriah placed a kiss on it before intertwining it with his, squeezing lightly.

"Wow.." she whispered, trying to take everything in. "Well, you boys are so handsome." She declared as she wiped a few tears that she didn't even realize were falling.

"As much as I hate this situation, we're bonded by love. I can see that you boys grew a bond, which makes me question why it took so long for you tell me." She scolded them. "I'll never deny you two. You're apart of us now, you're family. I can't do anything but love you." She smiled faintly.

She looked at this as a blessing in disguise, her boys had more love around them whether it was out of wedlock or not.

"Where is Jabari?" She asked, referring to Flocko by his middle name.

Ezriah and Ermias looked at each other, while Jahiem and Jacolby didn't know who she was referring to since they didn't know Flocko's government.

"Ma.." Ezriah said, about to beat around the bush. Ermias wasn't here for that.

"That mofucka' dead ma. He tried to kill a nigga, that's where this scar came from." Ermias blurted, pointing to the scar that sat right above his eyebrow.

Asia clutched her chest, her eyes wide as she gasped. "Stop lying! Stop it right now Ermias." She didn't want to believe it, but she had to.

Ezriah grabbed her hand once more, "No ma, it's the truth. He kidnapped Ermias ma, he had to go."

Asia felt as more tears dripped down her face, this was all too much to take in. She now realized why the boys had been avoiding her for the past two months, her heart couldn't take this.

"Well, if that's the case he's right where the fuck he belongs." She spat, her sadness now morphing into anger. She gave that boy a place to stay, food to eat, and she treated him as if he were one of his own.

"Loyalty is the biggest part of any friendship, brother hood or relationship. I stress this to you boys all of the time." She sniffled, grabbing both Ermias and Ezriah's hands.

Her gaze went to Jahiem and Jacolby. "And now that you two are apart of this family, I need you both to take heed to what I'm telling you. Stay loyal to each other, when I'm gone?" She pointed to herself, then back to Jahiem and Jacolby. "And when your mother is gone? You four are all you have. Stick together, please for the life of me remain loyal to one another? Please." She begged as tears fell from her face.

"Yes ma'am." Jahiem nodded, making his way towards her, placing a kiss on her forehead. He knew it was random, and they barely knew each other but he knew she needed it.

"I promise ma." Ezriah followed suit, placing a kiss on her forehead also.

Ermias cracked a smile, seeing his mother's face light up from the small, but sweet gesture. He then went in the place a kiss on her cheek. "We got you ma."

Jacolby slowly made his way towards her, "May I hug you?" He asked, being as respectful as he could be.

Asia nodded slowly as a smile crept up on her face. It was going to take a lot of getting used to, but she knew in the end it was a blessing in disguise.

...

Cimani stood in front of Ezriah's full body mirror, looking at the denim shorts jumpsuit that she paired with a pair of Balenciaga's Cagole 90MM boot in black.

The jumpsuit hugged her curves, it was sleeveless showcased a little of her lower cheeks. Once she snapped the white gold Cuban link chain around her neck, she then attached the Audemars Piguet watch Ezriah purchased for her, to her wrist.

Doing a spin in the mirror, Cimani smiled brightly as she admired her outfit. Ezriah made his way back into his room, a red Gatorade in his hand.

Walking towards his bed, he had to do a double glance at Cimani. The high curly ponytail she'd gotten installed flowed down her back, her skin shining from her body shimmer.

"The fuck?" Ezriah questioned, she looked amazing nonetheless, he just didn't like how revealing the outfit was. "You think it's hot enough for that, baby?" He questioned as he tried to contain his now growing erection.

"Yup." Cimani replied, popping her lips as she applied some of her Dior Lip Oil.

Ezriah made his way towards her, caressing the nape of his neck as he examined her from head to toe. "I don't want you wearin' this." He admitted as he tugged at the denim fabric.

Cimani rolled her eyes, picking up her black Balenciaga bag. "That sounds a little controlling, coming from a nigga who aint fuck me Ina' month to avoid doing just that." She chuckled, a sarcastic look on her face.

Ezriah looked taken aback by her words, she was right. Sliding his tongue over his bottom lip, Ezriah took in her beauty as she touched up her makeup. He knew she was dressing like this on purpose, she wanted him to get riled up.

"You right baby, my bad." He apologized, stepping behind her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek.

They went without sex, but not without touch. Ezriah couldn't keep his hands off of her, no matter what they were doing, he had to be touching her.

Cimani smiled, trying to act as if the small gesture didn't faze her. Ezriah seen right through her though, the goosebumps on her skin told him all he needed to know. "It's okay baby." She flashed him a smirk, right before purposely dropping her Dior Lip Oil.

"Oops." She giggled, bending down to pick it up.

Ezriah eyes fixated on her as she bent over, grabbing the small item. His pupils dilated as he swiped his tongue over his lips once more. She knew what she was doing, and boy was it working.

Ezriah reached his hand out, grabbing a handful of her ass as he let out a groan. "Stop fuckin' tempting me Cimani. You playing wit' fire mama."

Cimani bit down on her lip at the feeling of his rough embrace. She wanted him to fuck her, bad. But she also knew that he wanted to work on himself, so she wouldn't tempt him any longer—teasing him was fun though.

Standing up straight, Cimani smirked at him before placing a kiss on his lips. His plump pink lips met with her puckered, soft ones.

Reaching down, Ezriah grabbed her ass in both of his hands as he pressed up against her. Pulling away from the kiss, Ezriah looked down at her as he remained with his hands on her butt.

"You tryna' get fucked tonight?" He asked, his voice raspy, and low. You could hear the lust in his voice.

Cimani shook her head, no. "Actually, I'm not." She giggled. "It's been a hard month, but maybe we should see how long we could last without sex." She shrugged.

Ezriah raised his eyebrow. "Damn, I ain't think you would go along with it. Im fake wishing you didn't." He frowned playfully.

Cimani let out another laugh before grabbing his cheek. "You'll be alright papa, trust me." She grinned as she repeated the words he'd said to her earlier.

"Welcome!" The cheery, light skinned woman beamed as she clamped her hands together. Her arms were cascaded in tattoo's, and her dreads were dyed a dark purple.

Her bright energy didn't go unnoticed, Cimani smiled at her as she greeted everyone that attended the sip and paint tonight.

Cimani was rather surprised that Ezriah chose a Sip and Paint for their night out, she was happy that he actually listened when she showed him the class on TikTok a few days ago.

It was the little things that he paid attention to that made Cimani's love for him grow more, and more.

"So, for today we have a various selection of wines. We also have tequila, brown liquor and etcetera. We will give each of you a chance to go to the bar and pick out whatever drink you like, just try to remain alert enough to paint. Okay?" She let out a laugh. "Now, today's session will be a little sentimental. I want you guys to paint a tree. We're going to pass around a few examples of different types of trees and their meanings. Pick the one that resonates with you the most, the one that you could relate to."

Ezriah and Cimani took in the instructors words, she explained the sip and paint process a little more and in an instant they were both at the bar.

This was by far one of the fanciest sip and paints Cimani had ever been to. The open bar, the setup, down to the liquor they served. It was beautiful, and the fact that the concept was mind stimulating made it ten times better.

"What you wanna drink baby?" Ezriah questioned, as he stood behind her with his arm wrapped around her waist.

Any time they were in public Ezriah always made it his business to shield Cimani. Whether it was him making sure he walked on the outside of the street, or even escorting her to the bathroom in any public setting, he always made sure to have his eyes and hands on her at all times.

Cimani shrugged a as she looked around the bar, "Um, I'm thinking.. Château." She nodded towards the seven hundred dollar bottle of wine.

Ezriah didn't hesitate to reach into his jeans, pulling out a stack of hundreds. "Let me get that bottle of Château right there." He said to the bartender as he pointed to it.

Grabbing the bottle from the shelf, the bartender slid it over to Ezriah, grabbing the stack of hundreds out of his hand. Cimani smiled, grabbing Ezriah's hand.

Once they were back in their seats, Cimani picked up the stack of cards that now sat at their reserved table. As she skimmed through them, Ezriah opened the wine bottle with a corkscrew.

He wasn't a big fan of wine, he preferred hard liquor but he knew that if he drunk any hard liquor tonight, all of that 'no sex' shit would go right out the window.

"Those the types of trees?" Ezriah questioned. This was new for him, he didn't do shit like this and yet here he was—with his nose wide open.

Cimani nodded, intrigued by the different types of tress and their definitions. The one that stuck out to her the most was: The Magnolia Tree.

Magnolia trees symbolize stability, luck, female energy, and strength. More specifically, white magnolia flowers represent purity, luck, and stability. Pink magnolia flowers stand for youth, joy, and innocence.

Cimani felt as if the tree resonated with her in many ways. Pink being her favorite color, she fell in love with the tree at first glance. The meaning of the tree made her pick it officially though, she wished nothing but luck and stability on her self. She already felt stable as is, and was more feminine then she'd ever been in life.

The tree that Ezriah decided on was the: Willow Tree. The Willow Tree was symbolic of humans' capability to withstand hardship, loss, and difficult emotions. It was also a symbol of fertility and new life, a willow branch can be planted in the ground and from it, a new tree will grow in its place. Its ability to grow and survive is powerfully symbolic and show how we can thrive even in challenging conditions.

Ezriah picked this tree specifically because of the many hardships he faced his entire life. He felt as if the tree was made specifically for him. He also picked it because of the new bundle of joy that was due next month, June first was Ashley's due date and Ezriah prayed for a healthy delivery and healthy baby.

Once everyone decided on which tree they would be painting, they started to paint. Ezriah glanced over at Cimani's rough draft and smiled. Lil Wayne's 'Comfortable' played through the event hall.

"Magnolia, huh?"

He was amused by her choice, because when he seen it he knew should would pick it. He knew she would be intrigued by the colors first, but the meaning would be the reason she'd chose the tree. So him seeing that she actually did pick it, made him smile.

Cimani took a sip of wine before responding. "Yeah, it reminds me of me," she muttered, her focus on outlining the tree with black paint before coloring in the flowers. "It also reminds me of a close friend of mine that passed away." She confessed.

Ezriah listened to her talk as he also outlined his tree, his was more complex than Cimani's so he opted to make it smaller than hers.

"Sorry for ya' lost baby..what was her name?" He questioned as he tucked his bottom lip between his teeth, trying to steady his hand as he outlined his tree.

"Chyna." Cimani responded. "She died of cancer six years ago. She wrote me a letter before she passed, but i misplaced it like a dumb ass." Cimani scoffed as she started to color in the flowers of her tree.

"She was one of those friends that turned into family. She was so real, it was almost as if she was too good to be true." Cimani smiled.

Ezriah waited a few seconds before responding. "I'm sorry you had go through that mama. And don't beat yourself up about losing that letter, your friend will find a way to get it back to you. It's probably misplaced not lost." He started. "I know how it feels to lose a friend, I lost a few."

"I keep telling myself that too, that it's just misplaced but I don't know.. I'm losing hope." She sighed, taking another sip of wine. "You chose the Willow tree, why?" She asked, intrigued by his selection.

Ezriah shrugged. "A nigga been through a lot, and I'm still here standing. Living my life, through all the hardships. No matter what, I still thrive." He started to color in his leaves, the soft green paint slid onto the canvas easily.

"For years, I've been insecure, depressed, and having panic attacks back to back. I tried to suppress that shit by smoking, having sex, popping pills. It wasn't until recently, the shit that we've been through these past months that I've realized that I'm not the same me from years—shit even months ago." He chuckled.

"I've been through a lot of ups and downs but ever since you've been by my side I've been handling shit so much better than I used to.." he admitted, focusing on his painting all while talking. "I finally feel as if I'm good enough, I feel loved by you Cimani. You make me feel whole, I'm so grateful for you. More than you know." He said softly, breaking his eyes away from his painting, locking eyes with her.

Cimani couldn't help the smile that crept up on her lips as she basked in Ezriah's words. She felt as she wanted to cry, she didn't want to mess up her makeup though. "Wow Ezriah.. that's the most you've opened up to me. Like this is the most transparent you've ever been with me."

She finished up one of her flowers before placing her paint brush down, and grabbing Ezriah's hand in hers. Aaliyah's 'At Your Best' started to play, and Cimani's smile grew even wider.

"Oouu!" She gasped dramatically. "This is my song!" She giggled, making Ezriah stand up with her. Grabbing her wine glass off of the table, she gulped the rest of her cup down before standing on her tip toes to place a kiss on Ezriah's lips.

"Dance with me?"

A smile grew on his face as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Cimani placed her arms around his neck, and her head on his chest.

They started off slow, following each others foot steps. They swayed side to side as Aaliyah's angelic voice played through out the event hall.

"But at your best, you are love.." Cimani sung to Saint as she she now looked up at him with her arms wrapped around his neck. "You're a positive, motivating force within my life." She sung to him as she stared into his eyes.

She watched as his eyes glossed over, a glimmer in them as he placed a kiss on her lips. Pulling away he sung along with her. "Should you ever feel the need to wonder why, let me knowww." He sung along, his deep, raspy voice flowing through Cimani's ears as he guided her.

Using his hand to twirl her around, Cimani giggled as he pulled her into him. She wrapped her arms around his torso as they now rocked side to side.

"Let me know, let me know.." Cimani sung along, her head on Ezriah's shoulder as she looked around at the other couples that danced around them.

Ezriah was in awe, he was labeled as a killer, a cut throat one at that. Yet here he was, sipping wine, painting trees with some one he couldn't see him self living with out. Maybe the right woman could change the devil...

....

Asia's condo.

Hey yall💘 I wasn't even supposed to update today but I ended up writing this😭.

But let's talk about the growth🥹😭Cimani and Ez came a longgg way yall. I'm proud of them😂🫶🏾

Vote and comment💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 59.6K 53
"I'm not giving up cause without her..." "What" "Without her I am nothing... I know I did some fucked up shit but me and her ... we inseparable."
13.2K 740 10
I don't have description yet. Bare with me y'all๐Ÿ˜ญ.
74.1K 4.2K 13
"You gotta' trust me at some point baby, just let go" BWWM
1.1M 44.9K 53
|๐˜๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ณ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ| /๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป/ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ...