Love Sick

By BooksByLani

Rylie Rose moves into a new town with her mother, and little sister, Ruby. Rylie is a normal teenage girl, r... More

Info
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

16

41 1 1
By BooksByLani

A/N: i'm still eating up with posting chapters frequently 🤗🤪😋

RYLIE

"Dude wake up!" I hear a male voice shout at me. I groggily open my eyes and see Dylan hovering over me. I sit up and look around almost forgetting about the fact that we got stuck on a rooftop last night.

"What time is it?" I ask, looking around the rooftop to see Kasey and Grayson sleeping suspiciously close to each other. Aaron is also awake just sitting on the corner of the ledge on his phone.

"Like nine." he confirms. "Doors open in an hour." he's no longer hovering over me, but now he's looking through one of the plastic bags for one of the only contents of food we Brought up here.

"Rylie, your phone has been blowing up since last night." Aaron chimes in, nodding his phone in the direction of my phone.

"Shit." I mumble to myself. I kind of forgot to tell my mom where I was.

I reach for my iPhone and see fifteen unread messages from my mom and eight missed calls. From Ruby there are five unread messages and one missed call.

Zach even text me.

I first click on Ruby's messages.

Ruby
Dude mom's going INSANEE where r u??
Are you ok?
Where are you?
*Missed call from Ruby*
Helllllooooo
Just be safe wherever you are I love u

I go onto to Zach's messages now.

Zach B
Hey our date was pretty fun
we should do it again sometime but like at my place
call me if ur up for it ;)

Now for the devils messages.

Mom
I just came back from work and went to ur room, where are you?

*Missed call from Mom*

It's 12 Rylie. Where are you.
You better not be doing the fucking drugs again

*Missed call from Mom*

Hello...?
Rylie where the fuck are you

*Missed call from Mom*

Just wait till you get home.
God you are always doing this shit. Come home now.

7:29 AM

Rylie come home.

*Missed call from Mom*

Answer my damn calls.
Rylie please come home.

*Missed call from Mom*

Please come home.

*Missed call from Mom*

Did I do something?
Jesus Christ, Rylie.
Helloooo? 8 AM where are you.

*Missed call from Mom*

Whatever your doing I hope its worth it.
Dont come home for all I care

"Your mom's pissed your not home?" Aaron asks, probably telling off how much I'm scrolling on my phone. Or the unhappy look in my eyes.

She knows how sensitive the topic of my overdoes is. And yet she still brings it up anytime I fuck up. When it first happened she tried not to bring It up but now she's going to end up telling her Facebook friends.

"Yeah." I practically whisper out to him. I put my phone back on the blanket before I walk over to where Dylan is sitting and take a seat beside him.

from the corner of my eye I notice him quickly glance at me. He then grabs ahold of my hand resting on my lower thigh and squeezes it.

"Whatever she said, ignore it." Is all he says before getting up to go wake the rest of the group up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It's now thirty minutes till ten o'clock. Everyone else that was asleep got woken up by Dylan, so that the boys can pick up the messes they made last night.

Kasey and I just sitting down and admiring the view on the ledge.

"So, why did you move here?" she asks, after a minute of me not responding she continues. "If you dont want to tell me, or feel like you can't. Whenever you're ready, I'm here for you."

I softly smile and nod and then rest my face on her shoulder. I Let my eyes roam the view for a few seconds and then I close my eyes.

Maybe Zach and I should hang out, so I can clear my mind.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It's finally ten and the doors finally got unlocked. So, the group and I are packing up the bags and putting them inside the car. As Aaron opens the trunk door for me to put everything in, I ask everyone. "So, who am I going to drop off first?"

"Me!" Kasey immediately says. I nod swiftly in response.

"Yeah take Grayson home after Kasey because I'm going to Aaron's house." Dylan says to me as he enters the backseat of the car.

I turn around and go to the drivers sear of the car and enter. I push the start engine button, and buckle in my seatbelt. Seconds later, the passenger door swings open. I look up to see Aaron sitting in the front seat.

"Boys in the back." is all I say, as I pull out my phone to see more unread texts from my mom.

Mom
you better be on the way home.
Rylie if you're not home by 12 dont bother coming back.

I feel my heart sink to my stomach.

"Is Mommy still asking when your coming home?" Aaron sarcastically says. I glare at him then look back to see Kasey and Dylan still organzing everything into the trunk.

I dont even notice Grayson getting into the car.

"Hurry the hell up!" I yell at them. It takes an hour and a half to get back into town and plus I have to drop off Kasey and Grayson back home, so that's another thirty minutes. Plus traffic, so all I can do is hope to get back home on time.

Kasey enters the backseat and slides in the middle spot, next to Grayson. Dylan then enters and takes the last remaining spot and closes the door.

"Why are you all of a sudden in a rush?" Dylan complains.

"I gotta get home." I vaguely say as I start to drive off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thirty minutes into the drive Dylan is suddenly asking all different types of questions, he's even French braiding Kasey's hair.

He even the aux and put on Lavender by Taylor Swift.

"what's the weather?" he asks. I shrug keeping a straight face and my eyes glued to the road. 

"Does anyone have snacks?" he asks again. No answer. "Anyone?" He croaks out.

"Shut the fuck up." Grayson tells him, I look down at my charging phone in the middle of the console between Aaron and I. I open it and grab my phone to see Elijah text me

Eli

Yo ruby told me u left last night and didn't come back?

Where r u? I won't tell mom I just want to know you're alive and safe.

I decide to text a very simple text

Rylie

I spent the night at a friends and forgot to tell her

I passed out early

Dylan gasps, causing me to look up in the rear view mirror. "No texting while driving!" he points at the phone in my hand.

I scoff and put my phone back in the console and shut it. As I look back in the rear view mirror to see Grayson on his phone, while Kasey is asleep and Dylan braiding her hair.  "Is everyone looking for you or something?" Aaron quietly asks me.

"Yeah," is all I say before turning up the music being played.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

A/N: REALLLLYY short chapter! whoopsie daisy... 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 1.1K 25
Meet Rylee Parks. JV Cheerleader, kick-ass bowler - and she is in love with her best friend's brother. Meet Aiden Reed. A varsity Football player, h...
171K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
682 28 25
Addy had just left her comfortable home with her mother and horrible step father located in Chicago. Now she was staying with her aunt and uncle in a...
3.4K 134 18
๐‡๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐€๐ง๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ก ๐๐ข๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฒ. ๐–๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ it was at home where her parents cared and showered her...