➳Lost and Found ➳ (ON HIATUS)

By letitrainhellfire

Her whole life has been about Henry, since she was four years old. She has never left his side, always protec... More

Who's who?
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Rememberance day
Taken
Arrived
Not so lost
An afternoon swim
Stranger
Operation: Lost and Found
Are you scared?
Twin Boxes
Sleeping in a New Bed
Finding Feathers and Hunting Boys
Talk

Curses and Questions

23 2 0
By letitrainhellfire

'Curse you pan!' 

'You insolent boy, you are too weak to wield power enough to curse me.' saints. I can not stand such flawed confidence. 'Hoist them up boys!' I shouted as my lost boys raised the cages that held the trio of rouges. An attack against one of my lost boys, is an attack against me. Besides, I have pertained a particular liking to this one. 

Speaking of nick, she wasn't there when I got back to the camp. Key, who was suppose to stay by her side today, said she was bathing and would be back soon. He was making something in the kitchen, but I was to annoyed to find out what. It's barely six in the morning and Im already irritated. 

Too stressed to deal with human interaction, I head back into the home tree and go straight to my study. Now that a girl has made her way onto the island, I need to know if she was the missing piece to the prophesy. I have decided to write to Hazona- the oracle,

 Hazona,

You have forewarned me of  a curse on my island. 

You have told me of a solution brought by my shadow. 

Nick.

She is the solution, yes?

Do not be cryptic with me woman. I must know. 

What is this curse? Does she know of it? 

Who placed it? How does she solve it?

I need answers, quickly. I am open to meeting you in person, upon your request. 

Write back soon, 

Pan.

I seal the letter in an envelope with wax and press it in with my seal. I lean over my desk and set the edge of the envelope to flame over my candle stick. I watch as the envelope turns to ash that flys away with the smoke until it disintegrates, and I know it will re-vaportate into the old wench's hands. I should receive a letter back, via smoke mail, in the next day or so.  Oh, how I love magic. 

I am disturbed by a knock on my door. I am not in the mood right now to deal with these boys. 'What do you need? It better be good, or I'm locking you up there with them boy. Come in.' My voice sounds as annoyed as I am at the moment.

The door slowly creaks open and a small head peeks in, 'Hey Peter.' her voice is barely audible, but hearing her say my name has me straining to listen. 'Is everything alright?' she asks.

'Oh, yes. yes, come in nick.' I feel myself become less tense when she walks in. 'How are you feeling, snowflake? Did key show you the watering hole?' 

She is supposed to be relaxing. I don't want her getting more hurt, especially if she is an asset breaking this curse. She needs to heal. She is wearing a long sleeve top, but I can see the bandages wrapped securely around her wounded arm through the sleeve.

'Im fine, don't worry. And yes, the watering hole was beautiful. I just came to get you for breakfast. It's ready and all the boys are waiting at the table for us.' 

'Pardon? What are the boys doing?' 

Why would they wait? They know I don't eat with them. I find myself scarcely having time to eat, and I don't want them waiting on me. 

'I told them to sit and wait at the table. I wasn't going to let them start eating until everyone was sat down at the table.'

'And they... listened?' 

I love my boys, but they are a rowdy bunch. 

'Yes..? I mean it wasn't very difficult, they are quite well behaved. But, they are waiting on us so we should get going.'

of course they would be good mannered for her. 

'Im alright thank you, I don't eat breakfast.'

'Didn't.'

"hmm? Im sorry?'

'You didn't eat breakfast. Things changed. Im here now, and when Im around, everyone eats at least two meals a day. Don't even try to argue with me Peter, I am very stubborn.'

 She speaks with such authority, I have nothing to do but listen. At first, I am shocked. Shocked that she dare use such an attitude with me, and shocked that I am going to let it happen. 

Defeatedly, I rise from my chair and follow her up the stairs. She keeps looking back at me like I am going to disappear or turn and run away from her. 

Though every bone in my body is screaming at me to do just that, another part of me wants to follow her around every where like a leashed puppy.

➳➳➳➳➳➳

We sat and ate side by side, though neither one of us spoke directly to the other. I haven't eaten breakfast in - I don't know how long- but I realize I must have forgotten how nice it is. 

After breakfast, nick goes to hang out with the other boys, but I need to have one more conversation.

I need to speak to my shadow.

➳➳➳➳➳➳

I venture into dark hallow, a place I don't visit often, and call out to my shadow. It is the only other being that can hear the sound of the enchanted whistle I took from my mother's neck. The whistle, which now hangs around my neck, summoned my shadow fairly quickly. 

'Pan' My shadow's voice was deep, and when it spoke it sounded like the voice was coming from everywhere around you, yet nowhere at all. 

'Why did you bring her here? Who gave you the authority to bring someone on my island without my approval? Especially a girl. You know how I feel about girls. '

Floating slightly above me, my shadow replied, 'I was helping you. Don't be a fool. You can see how much she is improving things already. You had a problem, so I brought her to fix it. If this island dies, so do I. So no, I don't care for your approval this time pan.' 

His truth slapped me in the face like a cold bucket of water. He, of course, was right. If my island dies, then so does everything living on it. 

I don't care how she breaks this "curse" then. If she can save us, then she is the most important thing on this island, and needs to be protected at all costs. 

Im still frustrated at the shadow regardless. So, I begrudgingly stomp away and back to my study. 

➳➳➳➳➳➳

After a long day of interrogations and writing in my study, I decide to head back to camp to check on my boys. 

When I get there, I am met with a joyous sight. The boys are dancing and crowing around the fire again. Nick is siting with her back to a tree, maverick asleep in her lap, and singing for the boys. Her songs are unfamiliar to me, but sound like something I have heard before. I just can't place my finger on it.

She is stroking mavericks head gently, fiddling with his hair. I admire the way she sings gently, so as not to wake the small boy. She would be a good mother. 

With that, I head over to where she sits to talk to her. We haven't gotten to really speak much, but I can tell she is the kind of person I want to know. So, I go over to her tree and sit down right beside her.

➳➳➳➳➳➳

Guyssssssssss. Welp. this chapter kinda sucks. I am going to be putting this book on hiatus for a while so I can try and get back into the grove of writing before continuing. I love this book sm and I think it could be great but, virtually no one is reading it and I am struggling to feel motivated and balance writing this  along with everything else going on in my life rn. I am so sorry to anyone who is actually reading this and I hope to be back soon. Thank you for your patience and for sticking with me during this time. if you have stayed with me and will continue to stay with me I promise it will have been worth it and I will Finnish it eventually.  If y'all have any questions, suggestions, or comments let me know. I love to hear it! Lots of love y'all! Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

837 178 21
Robbie Kay, Peter Pan, and OUAT fanfic _______________________________________ When high school sweethearts are broken apart by magic and power, the...
6.6K 264 40
"We've all heard the story of Peter Pan. The carefree hero, sworn enemy of pirates, defender of the innocent. Well, they didn't get it quite right...
42.9K 1.1K 63
"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little girl, who lives in a nice house, with two n...