The Tyrant's Villain

By KatherineTheAUWriter

Lady Marinette Dupain, the daughter of the most powerful Duke of the Empire, woke up as a 16-year-old girl ag... More

Book Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 11

295 18 27
By KatherineTheAUWriter

So let's continue where we left off...

I hope you enjoy the chapter

Do not forget to like or comment

***

"I want to break off our engagement!"

Crash!

Marinette had said it so fast that she thought no one would have been able to comprehend it but seeing how shocked Edward was looking, not to mention the tea pot that slipped out of his hand and now laid on the ground in pieces with the tea spilled, she was sure they heard her clearly.

Marinette was having trouble comprehending Adrien's reaction though, he was just blankly staring at her and might have tilted his face a bit to a side.

Edward bent down to clean the mess he made, spewing apologies when Adrien said to him "Leave and bring us more tea, Edward"

Edward bowed his head and left the room in complete silence.

Marinette stared at Adrien, waiting for his response.

But then he closed his eyes, sighed loudly, and pinching the bridge of his nose he said "I see you are still mad at me..."

He opened his eyes and said "You don't have to go this far to scare me, my lady. I understand that I have done something to make you angry and I will..."

Marinette started zoning out on his words and stared at him in bewilderment.

He does not take her seriously, he still thinks it is one of her plans to get his attention.

This can't continue, he needs to know that she is serious, and if needed, she will also let him know she does not love him anymore or whatever it was she felt towards him, does not exist anymore so that he can't make such assumptions again.

"I am going to stop you right there, Your Highness" Marinette said sternly making Adrien stop speaking, biting her tongue before saying "I am not mad at you so you do not need to make up for it. And I am very serious when I say this, I want to break off our engagement"

Marinette wasn't sure what to expect from him when she would tell him this news but the previous reaction wasn't one of them and neither this one.

Something in his eyes shifted. His eyes narrowed and stared at her with his lips sealed, his gaze made her feel like he was trying to read her soul to get his answers.

But his heavy gaze did not falter her instead she stared right back at him with a very calm expression, waiting for his response.

"So...you want to break off our engagement?" Adrien finally spoke, still staring at her.

"Yes, I do" Marinette replied.

"May I know the reason for the sudden request?" Adrien questioned.

"The reasons are quite obvious, aren't they?" Marinette questioned back.

Adrien pressed on further to get his answers "Please elaborate" and Marinette was more than willing to answer because it was the script she had practiced in mind.

"Because we are not right for each other..." Marinette said matter-of-factly.

Something in his eyes shifted again while he asked "What?"

"It's quite obvious, that we are not right for each other..." Marinette said "From the start, this engagement wasn't something we both wanted but his majesty had set this up so we had no choice but to go along with it. And since then you are the one who has been at a disadvantage, I have been controlling your life according to my will because of my insecurities which isn't right, and keeping you away from what you truly want. I made this entire relationship toxic-"

"And what is it that you believe I truly want?" Adrien asked cutting her off, curiosity obvious in his voice.

And here was the interruption in her practiced script. She has the answer but isn't sure if she should say it as it is a sensitive topic for him.

Not just a sensitive topic, a dark will and desire he has in his heart, unknown by everyone except his close subordinates who have taken an oath of loyalty towards him and do all his dirty work to make that desire come true.

Something inside her told her she should answer truthfully and she did "You want power... over your father"

His eyes rounded and lips parted slightly. She could see he was taken aback and he did not try to conceal his surprise.

"What made you believe that, my lady?" Adrien asked.

"I know that your father and you hate each other. I don't know why his majesty hates you..." She knows why Gabriel hates Adrien "...but I have a pretty good idea why you hate him. It's unfair how he has always treated you. He creates and takes every chance to make your life a living hell and for the past years, I have played a major role in that as his pawn but not anymore. I refuse to do that"

Adrien kept staring until he broke into a small laugh, surprising Marinette. He regained his composure, plastered his charming smile, and sarcastically said "I don't know what made you think that but that was a great theory..."

"You think I am joking?" Marinette retorted on being taken lightly.

"No, my lady, of course not. I just think you had a misunderstanding. I admit my father and I aren't close but I assure you that we don't hate each other" Adrien said still smiling.

Oh, so that's what it is. He is trying to change her mind.

Adrien's biggest strength always has been being seen as an innocent, kind, generous, foolish, unfortunate prince who is always kept away from the world because his father is overprotective of him and who is engaged to a villainous woman. This image that the public has of him allows him to execute his plans in the background to gain what he wants without anyone having any suspicion of him as he makes others do his bidding.

Adrien is the complete opposite of his image that the public has, he is intelligent, clever, dangerous, and ambitious. Ambitious because he will do anything and cross any limits to get what he wants. He puts in his effort in only those things which will be fruitful for his goals. He is a person who has a dark mind and many dark secrets and she knows them all.

And another thing that Marinette knows about him is his knack for revenge. That's his only weakness, he can overlook many things but if you try to cross him and get between his goals knowingly, he will make sure to bite you like a snake when you will be least expecting it in the most gruesome way. She has experienced it herself.

And now that Marinette is here spewing the truth about Adrien which was well hidden behind his walls, he is afraid that his mask will fall off of being a perfect prince.

That's why he is trying to change her mind but she has come this far so she is not going to back down.

Edward who is one of the trusted ones of Adrien, came back into the room with newly brewed tea and went to serve Marinette but she stopped him by raising her hand, leading to Edward obeying her and standing back at the corner of the room.

"So I misunderstood?" Marinette asked Adrien to which he nodded "Yes, my lady"

Marinette smirked, confidence radiating from her "So I am also misunderstood about the fact that you turned Baron Lavillant against Marquess Rossi, who had been loyal to the Marquess before past 2 to 3 months"

She heard Edward gasp and this time Adrien actually reacted the way she thought he would, his eyes widened in shock while she still smirked.

All the confidence made her feel like the past life's Marinette, who was cruel, cunning, selfish, confident, and wasn't afraid to say anything, "Well, it's still not a surprise though. Baron Lavillant is like a dog, he will wag his tail to anyone who will throw him the bigger bone. I wonder what did you offer Baron Lavillant that he gave all the embezzlement proof against Marquess Rossi. But I think you offered him something through Earl Sanchess as you work in shadows and never step forward to get caught"

Earl Sanchess was another of the loyal ones of Adrien. Despite him being a middle-aged man, he was loyal to a young boy. It's quite commendable but Marinette won't admit that to Adrien.

Adrien's eyes shifted to glare at Edward who was quick to shake his head that it wasn't him who told her.

"Do not stare at the poor old man. It wasn't your loyal subordinates who told me so do not trouble them, I have my own sources" Marinette said.

You are my source, she thought.

"So tell me, Your Highness, have I misunderstood? If yes, please elaborate, and if no... drop your act" Marinette spoke still smirking.

To Marinette's surprise, Adrien rested his right hand's elbow on his knee, put his face in his palm, and smirked back at her, making hers falter.

"I am going to admit, I am impressed... Marinette..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 658 40
"The magazine that Adrien is currently modeling for, has asked that I provide them with a new medium to present Adrien in. They do not want a photosh...
4.8K 59 14
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is the beautiful angel of the Kingdom of the heavens, who is kind & elegant. Adrien Agreste is the handsome devil of the Kingd...
99.7K 3.3K 49
Marinette Dupain Cheng, the famous fashion designer of Paris and the owner of the DC fashion company was fed up with her parents for constantly askin...
39.1K 1.4K 6
Adrien Agreste is different. He was born with a curse. He could kill and destroy anything he touched. Ignored and misunderstood by his father, he bel...