Reed in the Wind~ BNHA x OC

By yaokayy

"Why do they call you Reed?" "Because I'm weak." Reed has never been brave, she's always been weak and a cowa... More

A New Mission
Training
Entrance Exams
A Face From the Past
Battle Trials
Break Ins and Plans
USJ
Check Ups and Transfers
The Moon and Pluto
The Maze
A Hug
Redirect
Who is She?
High Voltage
Names and Choices
True Heroes
Forgotten
Carved Wings
Meet Again
Hospital
The Nine Missing Newborns
Altered Memories
Can't Remember
Pinpoint
The Mall
The Home Stretch
Camp
Keep an Eye Out
A Traitor Strikes
Bandages and Midnight Talks
Pizza Delivery
Double Digits
A Trade
New Reality
Escaping and Lying
Trigger
She's Back
Story Time
Countdown
Shoot Him
You're a Monster
Band-aids and Stickers
A Dream Come True
Almost Free
Tainted Freedom
End of Heroes
The One Behind Them
Stars
Old Pains
Taken
Oboro Shirakumo
Kurogiri: Origin
New Caretaker
Feather
Try Again
Too Late
Aftermath
Trial
The Truth Comes Out
Decisions and a Fever
Imposter
The Place They Live
Unexpected Heroes
The Hospital Again
Awake and Scared
Eat
Movies
Family Reunion
Surgery and Recovery
Going Home
Kurogiri's Final Goodbye
Playdate
Fireworks
Epilogue
Authors note

Caged Bird

19 1 0
By yaokayy

It was late at night when Reed woke up to the sound of banging. She opened her eyes and saw a bunch of buff looking guys coming into her room.

She hid under her blankets, but they were still there.

"Hey, you can't just barge in! She's a patient!" A nurse yelled, rushing into the room.

"Reed, you are under arrest for your affiliation with the League of Villains."

Reed looked around frantically for Mr. Aizawa or Kaminari, but she couldn't see any of them. One of the men moved forward and she activated her quirk, but it was weak. The man simply brushed it off and stuck a needle in her neck making everything go dark.

~

Mr. Aizawa had quickly returned to the hospital after getting a distressing call from Reed's nurse. He rushed to the room Reed was staying in and found it empty.

"What happened?!" He asked.

"The police or guards from Tartarus prison showed up and arrested her!" The nurse sobbed out.

Mr. Aizawa ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep breath.

"This isn't good..."

~

"Where is he?! Where's my brother?" A guard yelled in Reed's face.

The young girl cried and cried. She didn't know who he was talking about.

"His name is Tadashi! You did something to him, didn't you?" The man asked.

All For One always found a way to get under peoples skin, especially the ones who guard his cell.

"Don't lie! All For One said that you know what happened, so what did you do?!"

Reed just kept crying. The man got frustrated and kicked the young girl and then stomped on her ankle, causing her to scream loudly.

She's a villain, she deserves this, The man thought.

He gave her one last disgusted look and left. Reed quickly hid under the bed that was in her cell and cried herself to sleep.

I want to go home...

~

Mr. Aizawa, Tsukauchi, and Gran Torino arrived at Tartarus prison at noon. The underground hero glared at one of the guards once they got inside.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Follow me."

The group of three followed the guard all the way to the back of the prison. He opened the vault-like door and stepped aside.

"She's dangerous, be careful."

"She's ten." Mr. Aizawa snapped and the three walked in.

"Kotori?" Mr. Aizawa called out.

They heard a whimper and a sniffle from underneath the bed. They watched as two green eyes looked out from underneath the bed with fear written all over them.

"Kotori, come out, it's okay."

Reed scooted back further, refusing to get out. She was terrified, they could see that, and it broke their heart.

"I promise I won't hurt you."

Reed had had enough of false promises. She wasn't going to listen to them.

"I'll sit here for however long it takes for you to come out." Mr. Aizawa said as he sat on the bed.

The guard came back and looked at Mr. Aizawa, "Sir, you can't stay in here."

"I will. She's obviously terrified and she's a kid. You can't possibly think that she's that dangerous."

The guard quickly shut up and left again. Tsukauchi and Gran Torino just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Hey kid, I heard that you really like paper airplanes, I'll make you one if you come out." Tsukauchi said, remembering his talk with Hawks.

"Ten." A small, scratchy voice said.

"What was that?" Gran Torino asked.

"I want ten airplanes."

The adults chuckled and nodded, "You got it, kid. I'll make you ten paper airplanes."

Reed debated whether or not she should get out from underneath the bed, but ten paper airplanes seemed like a good deal. She slowly scooted herself out from underneath the bed, and the adults cringed when they saw how floppy her ankle looked.

"Kotori, what happened?"

"Reed. You can't call me by my name, because I'm still weak, Tomura said so."

The adults looked at her sadly, but obliged.

"Reed, what happened to your ankle?" Tsukauchi asked.

Reed's lip trembled as she poked her ankle. She looked back up with teary eyes.

"A mean man was yelling at me and then stomped on my leg!" She exclaimed and began crying.

"We'll get that fixed up for you right away." Tsukauchi said.

Reed nodded and continued staring at the floor as a silence engulfed them. Reed then poked Tsukauchi and held out her hand.

"What is it?" He asked gently.

"My airplanes."

The three adults chuckled again and Tsukauchi nodded.

"Alright, I'll get them for you. I also have some questions to ask you."

Reed tilted her head, waiting for him to ask her his questions.

"First, let's get your leg fixed up."

~

Reed had been visited by a doctor and she now had a pale blue cast on leg. She sat in a chair across from Tsukauchi separated by a glass panel. Reed had markers laid out in front of her and she was drawing stars on her cast. While Tsukauchi was making her paper airplanes.

"So, Reed, can you tell me where the League is?"

Reed shook her head as she kept drawing. Tsukauchi sighed and took a deep breath.

"Why?"

"I don't know where they are, I was asleep." She answered.

Tsukauchi nodded and wrote that down.

"But, you were with them, right? Was someone carrying you?"

Reed shook her head again, "I was asleep in the lab. That's where we always sleep."

"Do you mean the other kids?"

Reed's eyes sparkled and she nodded, "Yeah! My friends!"

"Do you sleep in beds?"

Reed shook her head and took a piece of paper and began drawing.

"I sleep in a tube. The doctors put a mask on me and wires and then they put me in the tube and it fills with liquid and then the mask fills with a smelly gas and I go to sleep! But sometimes I wake up and can't move, but my eyes can open and close." She explained as she drew stars and hearts all over the paper.

"Do you know why you sleep there?" Tsukauchi asked.

Reed nodded again, but didn't answer.

"Okay, can you tell me?" He asked.

"Um, Sir said he would tranfer a little bit of his quirk to me and my friends and when Tomura's ready we'll tranfer it to him!"

Tsukauchi looked shocked at the new information that he learned. The girl right in front of him was holding on to a bit of All For One. She had such a powerful quirk inside of her and no one knew.

"But, didn't he use his quirk during the fight with All Might?" Tsukauchi asked quickly.

Reed nodded, "The doctor can make of copies of quirks. He did that with mine and my friends, except, the copies aren't as powerful. Some of the nomus have my quirk, they also have my friends' quirks!"

Tsukauchi put a hand to his face, his eyes wide. He then leaned forward and pulled out the list of the missing kids names

"Can you tell me your friends' quirks?"

Reed nodded and waited for him to list them off.

"Miko."

"She's my best friend! She can make people see fake pictures with her mist!"

"Like a mirage?"

"I don't know what that is."

"Right, moving on. Kazuki."

"He can make purple force fields!"

"Hiroto."

"He can see people's weak spots, and his eyes glow orange!"

"Kanae."

"She can make cool chains!"

"Riku."

"He's really sensitive! He can hear really well, and see and smell!"

"So his senses are overly sharp." Tsukauchi mumbled to himself as he wrote down the information.

"Ryusei."

"He can make smoke!"

"Miwa."

"She can make the air explode!"

"Yuto."

"He can make webs like a spider!"

Tsukauchi nodded and had written everything down. He also finished making Reed her paper airplanes which she was really excited to play with.

"Alright, do you know what happened to this person?"

Tsukauchi slid a picture of a man. Reed recognized him, he was the last one that she was supposed to get rid of.

Reed nodded.

"Can you tell me?"

Reed looked around before she told Tsukauchi to come closer. He got up and went around the table and panel of glass. He leaned down so she could whisper in his ear.

Tsukauchi's eyes widened and he looked at Reed.

"Really?"

"Mhm, Kurogiri helped me. Do you know where he is? I wanna see him." Reed said.

"You will, but not now. Let's get you back to your room."

"Wait! I have another secret to tell you."

Tsukauchi bent down and Reed whispered in his ear making his eyes widen.

"Where is your backpack?" He asked urgently.

"The place I was at before. You can't tell anyone, cause I took them when he wasn't looking."

"Alright, let's get you back now."

Tsukauchi lifted Reed up into his arms and handed her the paper airplanes and drawings she did.

When she got back to the room, Tsukauchi put her on the bed and she frowned. She held onto his hand with tears in her eyes.

"I don't want to be alone."

Tsukauchi sighed. Mr. Aizawa had some paperwork to fill out, so he couldn't be there, and Tsukauchi had some phone calls to make. He walked outside and grabbed a guard.

"You're going to keep her company while I'm not here, got it?" He asked, his tone firm leaving no room for argument.

The guard nodded and looked at Reed who just waved.

~

"No fair!" Reed yelled.

"I won fair and square!" The guard yelled.

"Liar!"

"I am not lying!"

The door to the cell opened and Mr. Aizawa and Tsukauchi just paused, not knowing what was happening.

"You cheated!"

"I did not! How do you even cheat at tic-tac-toe?!"

"What's going on here?" Mr. Aizawa asked, slightly amused.

"He's cheating!" Reed exclaimed.

"I'm not! I won fair and square!"

"Fine, let's have a rematch!"

"No, it's time for you to sleep. You can play tomorrow."

Reed stuck her tongue out at the guard who just returned the gesture and left.

The two adults were surprised that Reed had gotten over the fact that she was in jail, but unfortunately, Reed trusted people too easily. Which always ended up with her getting hurt.

The two adults stayed with the young girl until she fell asleep. She would definitely need rest since the next couple of weeks would really take a toll on her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 516 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
396K 10.4K 52
what is it going to take to become a hero? will they be afraid of your quirk? or rather, will they shut you down? those were things you constantly t...
120K 3.2K 45
• Tamaki Amajiki x Female reader • { complete!! } "Are you sure, do you really know your own true feelings y/n?" "Yes, I do, but do you?" A girl wi...
46.4K 1.1K 31
It was a normal day at UA High for Midoriya and his friends but suddenly the police came into class 1-A. They got new hints on the UA Traitor and say...