jump | embry call

By justwintery

In which her pale skin littered with freckles and her deep brown eyes meet his russet skin scarred from memor... More

| AN |
| PLAYLIST |
0| PROLOGUE
☆ TWILIGHT ☆
1| BEACH DAY
2| MEETINGS
3| PUZZLES
4| HONEY EYES
5| THIRD
6| SKETCHES
7| CONNECTIONS
8| THE SWAN
9| RUDE
10| OUTINGS
11| JUMP THEN FALL
12| GIRLS
13| COLDNESS
14| REGRETS
15| SWAYING
☆ NEW MOON ☆
16| OLDER
17| BROKEN
18| FRIGHT
19| ADRENALINE
20| GRAVITY
21| HONESTY
22| PIECES
23| FLUTTER
24| TEARS
25| IN THE OPEN
26| BUTTERFLIES
27| WELCOME
29| FACES
30| BACK
☆ ECLIPSE ☆
31| SECRETS
32| THOUGHTS
33| THREATS
34| DANGERS

28| ESCAPE

404 15 4
By justwintery

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

The morning sun spilled through the open window, drowning the room in its golden caress. Angelina stirred, feeling the warmth of Embry's embrace. She smiled at the sight of him, so peaceful and serene, his chest rising and falling with each breath. Gently, she moved a piece of hair from his forehead, admiring the tranquility from the moment. She began to wake him up with small kisses on his face—first on his cheek, then his forehead, and finally his lips.

Embry grumbled softly, his eyes fluttering open slowly. 'Good morning,' he murmured, his voice husky, as he pulled her closer.

'Good morning,' Angelina replied, laughing softly. 'We need to get up, love.'

Embry grumbled, tightening his arms around Angelina and burrowing his face in the crook of her neck. 'Don' wanna.' He murmured.

Angelina giggled at his drowsiness and stayed still, drawing circles and hearts on Embry's bare back as they rested for five more minutes. The quiet of the morning wrapped around them like a comforting blanket, the world outside still and serene.

Eventually, Angelina nudged Embry gently. 'Come on, we really need to get up. I'll make us some breakfast.'

Reluctantly, Embry loosened his hold and stretched, yawning widely.

They both got out of the comforts of her bed, making their way to the kitchen. Downstairs, the kitchen was filled with the soft morning light, casting a warm glow on everything. Angelina and Embry moved around each other with an easy familiarity, their movements a dance of domestic harmony.

Angelina was just flipping the last pancake when her phone started buzzing insistently on the counter. She quickly picked it up and saw that it was Charlie.

'Hello, Charlie?' Angelina answered, her brows furrowed in confusion.

'Angelina, do you know where Bella is?' Charlie's voice was erratic. 'I found a note on the table this morning, but she's not here.'

Angelina could almost picture the distressed man, his hands running through his disheveled hair.

A knot of worry formed in Angelina's stomach. 'I haven't seen her since last night, I'll try to call her.'

After hanging up with Charlie, Angelina immediately dialed Bella's number, but it went straight to voicemail. She stared at Embry, her eyes filled with concern for her clumsy friend.

'She's probably okay, I'll call Jacob to see if he knows anything, alright?' Embry comforted his girlfriend, taking her hands in his and rubbing them gently. Angelina nodded quickly, taking the phone back into her hands and dialing Bella's number multiple times.

After some anxious time, Jacob picked up Embry's call.

'Hey Jake, do you know where Bella is?' Embry asked his friend, eyebrows furrowed in concentration and concern. 'Chief Swan just called Angelina saying Bella wasn't at her home.'

Angelina stared at Embry as he talked with Jacob, biting her nails as she called for the 18th time Bella's phone number.

'Alright, thanks, I'll tell her right now.' Embry sighed after some time on the phone, his hands shaking slightly. He ended the call, and turned to Angelina. 'You're gonna want to sit down.'

Angelina's mind was a whirlwind of emotions, as she sat down, her heart raced with worry.

'Jacob just told me Bella has gone to Italy with that bloodsucker with short hair.' Embry told her.

The girl's breath hitched, her eyes widening in shock. 'Italy? What is she thinking? Why would she go there?'

Embry placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. 'She's trying to save Edward. Apparently, he's planning to kill himself because he thinks Bella's dead.'

Angelina's heart sank. The gravity of the situation hit her like a tidal wave. She knew how much Bella loved Edward, but this was beyond reckless. 'I can't believe she didn't tell me,' she whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of anger and fear.

Embry squeezed her shoulder gently. 'Hey, she'll be okay. Bella's tough, and she's got the pixie with her.'

Angelina nodded, trying to calm her racing heart. 'You're right. I just... I hate feeling so helpless.'

'We can only wait,' Embry said softly. 'And hope they get back safely.'

Angelina sighed, her mind filled with worry. She tried calling Bella, and now Alice, again, but there was still no answer. The uncertainty gnawed at her, each unanswered call adding to her anxiety. Embry stayed close, doing his best to distract her with small talk and comforting touches, but Angelina's thoughts kept drifting back to Bella.

After a while, they sat in the living room, the morning light now giving way to the brighter hues of mid-day. Embry turned on the TV, hoping a movie might take Angelina's mind off things, but she barely paid attention. She clutched her phone tightly, willing it to ring with news of Bella.

Angelina sat on the sofa, her eyes trained on her phone as she bit her nails anxiously. Angelina's phone finally buzzed. She snatched it up, hope flaring in her chest, but it was just a text from Alice.

- Safe. Back soon. Will explain everything.-

Angelina let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, showing the text to Embry. 'They're okay.' she said, relief flooding her voice.

Embry hugged her tightly. 'See? I told you they'd be okay.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

That night, as they lay in bed, Angelina finally felt the tension begin to ease. Embry held her close, whispering reassurances until she drifted off to sleep, the promise of her friends' safe return easing her troubled mind.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 12.9K 109
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
518K 17.4K 167
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...
252K 6.8K 76
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...