Unexpected Love

By Amber_Sweets

Julia Barron is the one and only daughter of Barron. She never liked her father, would have done anything to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 42

148 9 4
By Amber_Sweets

It was growing close to dinner and Alma started growing worried when the woman hadn't come back. At the same time though, she was upset that she hadn't told her anything. One moment Julia seemed fine but then the next, she just keeps running anytime she felt anything in case she would be judged.

With a sigh, she shifted and left the home. The children were busy with chores and were inside the home, so they would be perfectly safe since she won't be gone for too long.

She flew through the cave entrance of the loop when suddenly she stopped, seeing the woman not far from the loop entrance. Alma flew and perched on a tree nearby to get a good look at her, her previous anger slowly diminishing when she seen her.

Julia had her head against her knees, her hands clenching her hair as she felt her heart pounding, Alma vaguely hearing the small sobs that came out, her voice hoarse from doing so.

The older woman flew off the tree, looking around before shifting back, slowly walking over to her. Julia didn't hear her, too deep in her mind, that she jumped when she felt someone's hand rest on her shoulder.

"Get away from me!" She shouts, Alma pulling away quickly when she seen the hurt that shown on the woman's face, Julia softening her features slightly when she seen it was Alma. The older woman felt a twinge in her chest when she seen how red her eyes were as well as her nose, her hands trembling slightly as the red glow in them burned into the sand to keep from burning herself or the woman. She looked so tired despite the never ending tears that ran down her cheeks.

"What do you want?" Julia says, trying to forge her features back to normal and keep her tone firm.

Alma looked at her unsure, kneeling down in front of her and Julia looked at her unsure, her glare increasing when suddenly she felt the woman's arms go around her. She smelled the sweet vanilla of the woman's jacket as Alma held her close, her hand moving to rest behind her head to keep her from tugging on her hair, the other running across her back.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I should have been there for you." Alma says softly, her breath hitting the woman's neck. Julia wouldn't admit it or cave in easily, but she felt some of her tension leave and melted against the woman's touch. She rested her head against Alma's, her hands slowly moving to return the hug, being cautious to not burn her. Alma felt her hug her closer, being mindful to tighten her own hold, especially when she felt the woman's shoulders shake slightly.

"I don't know what Barron had done, but I promise you, I will do anything to make you feel better. You don't have to talk to me, though it may be easier to know so I can help." Alma says quietly, her heart aching when she heard the woman let out a strained sob, the older woman not used to hearing it.

"Oh darling, it's alright." She says softly, her hand moving to run her thumb over her cheek to wipe away any tear that fell and Julia tried to force her pain down when Alma suddenly cupped her face in her hands leaving her no choice but to look at her. "There's no shame in crying. I promise." She says gently, glancing over her with a caring look. Julia felt her heart start to ache from beating so hard, her nails digging in to the older woman's back before eventually she lost it, resting her head against Alma's chest as she cried, the older woman running her hand through her hair as she kept her close. She felt how fast Julia's heart was beating and pressed a soft, gentle kiss on her forehead to gain her attention.

"Take a breath, dear." The ymbryne whispers, gently brushing away her tears but Julia only held her closer, her hands shaking as they held on to the fabric of her jacket. "Deep breath, Jules." She repeats and the woman did so, getting cut off short with a sob.

"Can you look up at me?" Alma asks in a caring tone, the younger woman doing so which gave her the chance to wipe her tears away once more. "You're safe with me, you do know that right?" Julia nods, not bothering to hesitate at all before she answered. Her eye widened and darted over when she heard someone in town shout to another person, Alma bringing her attention back to her.

"Don't worry about anyone else, just focus on me, alright?" She says softly and Julia felt her breathing growing shallow, Alma gently cupping her face in her hands. "No one here is going to hurt you. You're safe with me." She assures her and Julia felt a small bit of relief, her hands moving slowly to rest on top of hers, leaning into her touch and let out a shaky breath.

"I-I'm safe with you." Julia repeats, more so affirming herself and Alma managed a small smile.

"Yes, that's right. You're safe with me." She affirms, brushing away a loose strand of her hair. "I won't make you talk to me now, I understand if you'd not want to. But how about tonight we have some alone time together?" She asks with a caring look, wanting to have Julia open up to her, but also not wanting her to feel pressured at all. Especially at this moment.

The woman just nodded, her tension returning when she heard more people going in and out of the stores, the sun slowly going down as she looked off at the water. Alma watched her closely, seeing how the shakiness in her hands seemed to decrease a bit, managing a choppy breath in as she focused on the water.

The ymbryne checked her pocket watch and seen that soon she'd have to have dinner ready and tucked it back into her jacket, turning her attention to Julia.

"Are you ready to go back home?" She asks, the younger woman waiting a moment before nodding. Alma gently pulled away, standing up and holding her hand out for the woman to take. Julia did, the warmth in her palm surprising the older woman for a moment and she quickly moved it out of hers.

"Did I burn you?" She asks, about to look over her hand when Alma placed a gentle kiss on the woman's palm, before holding it close in hers.

"No, darling. Come on." She says with a warm gaze, Julia feeling her heart swell slightly at the endearing look, following the ymbryne as she held her hand close.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I can fix that." Julia says, Alma glancing at her confused.

"Fix what?"

"Your jacket. There's just to burn marks- I can fix it, I promise." She says quickly, Alma squeezing her hand.

"I have another. Besides, it will be just fine after reset tonight." She assures her.

"Right." She says softly, glancing down. Alma looked over and just when Julia felt her ears pop when they entered the loop, she suddenly felt Alma bring her into a kiss, her lips soft and gentle against hers. The taller woman blushed before returning it, Alma's hands cupping the woman's face to place another between her eye brows before pulling away.

"Miss P! We thought you wouldn't be back in time for dinner!" Fiona says, spotting their ymbryne walk out of the cave entrance first, Julia following in behind.

"Of course I would be." Alma says and smiled when she caught Emma's gaze, the girl grinning when she seen the woman behind her.

"Julia!" She says and ran over to her, her boots making it a bit difficult but she managed. She gave her a tight hug, Julia looking down at her with a small smile. "Where have you been? Have you been crying? What happened?" Emma asks.

"Miss Bloom, don't be pestering her with questions." Miss Peregrine lightly scolds, the girl apologizing before backing off.

"What are we having for dinner tonight, Miss Peregrine?" Julia asks with a smile, Alma returning it.

"I was thinking how about I let you pick tonight?" She asks and Julia raised an eyebrow.

"Me?"

"Well, yes. If you'd like to."

"Make her do pancakes!" Claire says with a grin and Alma playfully shushed her, shooing them off back to the home, Julia following behind.

"You're asking someone who has been on the run for almost a decade what they would like to make?" Julia says with a raised eyebrow, a smile spreading on her lips.

"I'm sure you have some skills you've learned during that time." Alma mentions, meeting her gaze and Julia laughed.

"Some? Darling, I have the whole dinner plate." She growls with a smirk, her tone growing low and Alma felt her smile twitch, her cheeks turning a shade of pink. She quickly regained herself though when Julia rubbed her forehead, a pain stirring in the middle of her head.

"Let's get you that medicine and take it easy for the rest of the night. You're welcome to stay in the parlor if you don't want to stay upstairs." Alma offers, opening the door and gesturing for the woman to go in first.

"I can stay in the parlor." She replies and stopped by the door, in front of the woman. "You first." She says and Alma shook her head.

"No, after you." She insists and Julia didn't budge, Alma sending her a playful glare and Julia returned it.

"No, you first."

"No, you."

"Are you two going to be out there for hours arguing on who goes first?"

Julia looked over and seen the floating hat and Alma sent the boy a scolding look.

"Millard, polite persons do not walk around in the nude! Go upstairs and get dressed." She scolds and the boy sighed, walking up the steps.

"It's not like you can even see me!" He says but didn't bother staying to argue.

Alma sighed and made her way to the bathroom down the hallway where she left the medicine, getting out two pills for the woman to take for the pain relief. She walked back out, spotting Julia on the couch in the parlor, deep in thought.

"I'll fix you up a cup of tea, just try to relax." Alma says softly.

"You don't have to, I can."

"You need to rest." She says firmly. "It won't take me long. What would you like for dinner?" She says, softening her tone and Julia shrugged.

"I'm not too hungry, maybe just some toast." She says.

"Are you sure? I can make anything."

"It's alright, birdie. I'll just go with toast." She says with a small smile and Alma was about to leave. "Oh wait, if you just get me two slices of bread, I can handle the rest." Julia says, Alma tilting her head slightly, a bit curious. "When I was on the run, Matthew and I didn't have much so we would always take bread. Thankfully with my powers, you don't need a toaster to make toast." She says with a smile and Alma returned it, happy to see she was doing better.

"Alright, let me get the kettle started." The ymbryne says before leaving.

Julia sat in the parlor, distracting herself from her thoughts and made a small wisp of fire in her palm, twiddling it around her fingers as she watched the flames smoothly travel around her fingers. She played with the flame for a little, not minding the small burns that were left behind. She has gotten better at not burning herself as often as she used to.

Someone cleared their throat and Julia looked over to see Alma with her cup of tea and the bread, quickly diminishing the small flame in her hand.

"That's impressive how much control you have with the flame." Alma compliments and Julia blushed slightly.

"Thanks."

"Does it burn when you do it?" She asks and Julia shrugged.

"Just a little."

The older woman set her tea down on the night stand where the pills were, handing the food over to Julia.

"Here, watch." She says, Alma sitting down next to her and watching her closely. The woman set the bread down on her palm, focusing on how much heat she was allowing out of her hand and Alma watched as the soft red glow was seen through her palm. After a minute, the woman flipped the bread to do the other side, the older woman intently looking.

"There, done. Much faster than a toaster." She says, setting it down on her thigh for a moment to take the pills with her tea.

"That's amazing." The ymbryne says and Julia blushed, hiding it with her tea when she took a sip, not minding the burning sensation down her throat.

Enjoying the praise from the older woman, she drew another small flame, twirling it around the tips of her fingers and Alma watched as she did.

"How do you do it with your fingers so well?" She asks, suddenly realizing what she said and her cheeks turned a bright pink, waiting a moment before glancing at Julia and seeing the same expression on her face.

"I don't know, want to find out?" She says, her lips turning in a slight smirk and Alma scowled, forcing her blush away.

"Let me go do dinner." She says and Julia snuck a kiss on the back of her hand, Alma not helping the smile that made it's way on her lips when she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 6.1K 25
❝ SHE LOVED IT, SHE LOVED HIM ❞ ENOCH O'CONNOR X OC LOWERCASE INTENDED SASSCASTIC © 2017 - 2018
21.5K 894 25
Y/n had discovered a loop -of a dashing Ymbryne- at the age of 27 and had been living in the loop, ever since. She had the power to control weather w...
20.3K 296 27
This story follows y/n as she escapes from and old loop that Barren had infiltrated. Using her peculiarity to mind control anyone in her way.She soon...
26K 827 18
Alma Lefay Peregrine x female reader Alma Lefay peregrine the head mistress of a loop in wales is one day met with a mysterious Knock on the door lea...