Intertwined

By 1l0v3g4y5

the most amazing Loki fanfic you could ever find, trust me you'll be crying your eyes out in the end More

Getting my beta back

The beginning

10 1 24
By 1l0v3g4y5

   My life was never interesting, or at least only I thought so because everyone else was jealous of my position in the great palace of Asgard. People thought that being a guard in a place where usually nothing happens considering how much every realm fears Asgard was ideal and that I was paid for doing "nothing" and not only that but had a great social status. Maybe there was some truth to this, maybe I was treated better in the streets but the palace? Even though I didn't have to fight off any threats I still had to work. The dungeons were overfilled with criminals, the palace always busy hosting a feast after another and another and I always had my hands full either watching over the guests or the criminals or training. And to be honest training was the most exhausting of all, but I enjoyed it. As an alpha physical exercise brought me joy and contentment, I felt like my true self when I had the chance to spar with my fellow guard and well, of course I won everytime. My life wasn't interesting as I said, but it wasn't terrible too. I didn't want to wish it away and so I kept on living, and like every other day I checked into work wearing my shiny silver armor as I made my way to the training grounds, but before I could even see what my tasks were for today I saw a lively girl appear before me.

- Boo! Did I scare you this time, Y/N??? - she grinned and her eyes sparkled as she awaited my answer.

- Hilda. - I simply mumbled in a monotone voice, clearly unamused.

- Is that a yes?? Because if so then I win the bet!! -

- She didn't even flinch, give it a rest. - A sigh came from the other side of the room. Soon the tall man with brown hair and yellow eyes stepped forward and extended his hand towards Hilda - I won.

Of course Einar was involved in yet another bet with Hilda. It's not like there was a single day when they didn't make a bet together, though Einar only did it because he knew how easy it is to fool Hilda.
With a disapproving grumble the blonde girl handed him a couple golden coins before leaving the room with a frown on her face.

- You've angered her again Einar. - I stated bluntly as I moved towards the task board in order to read my list of activities for the day.

- It's not like her mood won't shift within 2 seconds, she'll forget all this happened and I'll manage to set another bet with her. Maybe I'll even gather enough money to boy a new sword. - The man chuckled and looked towards me expecting a response.

But I said nothing. I wasn't interested in idle chit chat nor was I interested in interacting with Beta's and Omega's more than I should've. They tired me. The lively language and the overenergetic approach to everything made my eyes darken everytime and a small glint of red appeared in them as I tried to hold myself back. It angered me to a point where I had to leave the room simply to make sure I wouldn't kill everyone inside. What a nuisance. When I finally got a hold of myself I read my tasks - patrolling the east side of the garden, watching over a feast that was hosted by a royal of Nilfheim and then guarding the inner corridors of the palace. Easy work, easy money. I grabbed my sword and without a word left the room while Einar managed to say one last sentence before I disappeared into the golden building.

- Be safe! -

                                 ~        ~    

The day went by fast considering the tasks I was assigned were the easiest you could imagine. Standing, listening, looking around and well staying on guard all the time but for me it was like breathing, I always had to stay on guard ever since I was a kid. I had a harsh past and everytime I- Wait, what was that?

My inner monologue ended as fast as it began. I was standing in the middle of a golden corridor inside the palace and I swore I heard something. My eyes snapped towards the balcony at the end of the room. Could it be that someone for once was actually trying to mess with the gods of Asgard? And on my watch too? The thought of anyone trying to sneak into the palace was so absurd that I even doubted my senses for a good minute. Maybe I just overheard something, maybe I'm just imagining things. After all I have been feeling strange lately. My senses seemed to be heightened and I appeared to hear sounds other couldn't or smell scents others didn't even think of. Maybe it was just that. And so I continued my patrol, peacefully before... Once again a strange noise broke me out of my professional focus. It couldn't be just in my head. Or if it was I had to see for myself, the thought was eating away at my brain. With slow and careful steps I stepped towards the balcony, I put my feet lightly on the shiny tiles of the floor, making sure to walk as stealthily as possible. Whoever was there I was ready to slice their head off and bathe in their blood. The alpha in me was hungry for violence and right there at the end of the corridor it might just find what it seeks. I got closer and closer and closer and... In one moment I quickly stepped out into the balcony and drew my sword, a wild slash being able to be heard as my blade cut through the thick air. My eyes frantically jumped across the small space before they settled on one of the corners. Sure enough, there was someone standing there, and not just someone really - the prince of Asgard, Lo-

- Are you seriously pointing your weapon at a royal figure? I could have you locked up for that. - Once again my thoughts were cut off as he spoke in a low tone.

- Aren't you supposed to be at the feast, my Liege? - I quickly asked and didn't dare to loosen my grip on the sword in my hand. Feasts were considered one of the most important things in Asgard, if one of the gods invited didn't attend it others considered it as an act of disgrace, a sign that the host was an unworthy person of godly attention and considering today's feast was hosted by one of the authorities from Nilfheim I imagined it was mandatory for all Asgardian gods to be at the feast. Asgard had a rocky relationship with Nilfheim after all.

Loki simply let out a huff and looked away. It seemed like he clearly knew he had to be at the feast for if he wasn't spotted attending it the Nilfheim Royal would probably take that as a good excuse to have an argument with Odin, and everyone knew how arguments between powerful figures went, especially when they had whole armies at their disposal.

- I suggest you go back to your place of work and leave me be, guard. I'm perfectly fine here. - His tone became annoyed, agitated even. The nerve of this guy. I knew he was a prince but that didn't change the fact that he annoyed the hell out of me right now.

- Odin gave us clear orders to bring guests who had wandered away back to the feast, no matter who might the guest be. - My tone was cold and authorative, like every other day.

- "Guest"? Am I not in my birth realm?

- You are, your majesty, but the feast is hosted by an Outlander, and as citizen of this realm you are to follow the law - royal or not.

I couldn't care less if I was handling Royalty or common people - the law was the law and I had a clear job - guarding the palace and making sure everything was going accordingly - him standing here was not.

My words gained a disapproving glare from Loki and I could feel his gaze piercing right through me, but as an alpha it did nothing to me. I wasn't scared, I wasn't intimidated, I was simply careful.

- I'm not going anywhere. -

- Can I take that as defiance against the law, my prince?

- Take it as you want. - He answered absentmindedly with a certain warning in his tone.

- Then I have every right to use force.

I grabbed his wrist with a tight grip, already preparing for him trying to wiggle out of my hand. Then with a sharp tug I turned towards the corridor and began strutting down the hall.

- Hey! - His eyes seemed to widen and he reached to try and pry my hand away from his wrist. He struggled as I dragged him further into the palace. - Are you crazy?! I'm the prince, you insolent fool! Be careful with how you handle me!

The frown on my face deepened and my eyebrows knitted together. Once more I became annoyed by his attitude. He must've been a beta. They always whined and struggled and "fought for their rights" everytime I corrected their behavior. I should've simply slit his throat when I had a chance at that balcony, no one would see a thing, no one would hear anything, it would be... It would... Wh...

My eyes slightly widened and I stopped momentarily. I took in a deep breath again. That weird scent. That weird scent that I believed to have only imagined. I could feel it again now. And not only that, it was stronger, a lot stronger.

- FINALLY, it really took you that long to stop? I mean HONESTLY, you grab a god's hand and DRAG him across a corridor? Are you INSANE? Why would you even think I'd want your dirty hands to be anywhere near me??? I'll have you know that for all you've done I'll make the royal captain lower your rank so you'll get a chance of working with people YOUR level, because you CLEARLY do NOT know how to handle royals!

Loki rambled on and on but I couldn't care. I was too focused on the scent. It was as if you mixed the soft morning breeze with sugar, it was refreshing and sweet, it was... Wait why was I reminiscing about scents now? I scowled at myself and my thoughts and as I wanted to continue moving forward the scent hit me again and now I could tell exactly where it was coming from. My head snapped toward the prince's wrist and I saw the small patch of skin that was revealed due to his struggle against my grip which cause the long sleeve of his garment to roll up slightly, just the tiniest bit, but even that was enough to trigger my abnormally sensitive senses. My pupils widened and I stared at his wrist almost in disbelief. The scent filled my lungs, clouding my mind with promises of sweetness and gentleness, I wasn't myself for once.

Loki must've noticed the strange phenomenon happening to me and I could feel his bewildered gaze locked on me.

- Uh... Hello? I was speaking to you- But he suddenly stopped as he noticed the certain glint in my eyes. The red sparkle, the sign of an alpha. His breath caught in his throat and his eyes seemed to widen. Has he not seen an alpha before? I didn't get to analyze his reaction for even a second as his scent suddenly grew even stronger. My heart pounded wildly in my chest and I felt like my head would explode. This was similar to the times where I almost lost control of my anger but this... This wasn't anger I was feeling right now, this... I didn't what this was.

I bit my tongue and forcibly removed my hand from his wrist but I couldn't move my gaze away no matter how hard I tried. His skin seemed soft, delicate it was perfect for-

- Here he is, my lady. -

A guard walked into the corridor and the tension from seconds ago seemed to melt on spot.

- Loki! Why aren't you on the feast?? - A female voice rang out from behind the guard before the woman ran inside and stepped in between me and the prince.
- I was starting to get worried, you didn't say anything and then you suddenly disappeared! I was looking for you for hours! - The woman reached out to cup his face and her eyes locked with his. She was wearing a dress, no idea what material, no idea what style, but it looked expensive. A princess? Regardless, a weird pang shot through my body when I noticed her touching him so casually.

- Ingrid, I uh- Loki seemed to be looking for something to say but I assumed he was just as thrown out of the moment as I.

- No time for excuses, the dances had already begun! Come on! - She quickly grabbed his hand and as fast as she appeared she was gone, and with her the prince.

For a moment I stood in one place, unmoving, unchanging. It was as if gods cast a spell over me which caused my mind to cease the memory of how to walk, talk or even exist. I knew nothing. I didn't know what I felt in that moment where I felt his scent. I didn't know why I did, and I didn't even know why him. What was so special about the prince that it was his scent that seemed to awaken something in me? All I had left to do was wonder, as the sweetness slowly faded in the air...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
92M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
1.9M 80.3K 23
(COMPLETED | UNDER EDITING) Fresh out of college, Veronica Odair is hired as a forensic scientist at the infamous B.E.A.R. Laboratories. She is put t...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...