No Control (Book 1)

By scooby-snacks

What really goes on behind the scenes of the biggest boyband in the world? It's all about to be revealed... *... More

1. Girl Almighty
2. Once In A Lifetime
3. Happily
4. Through The Dark
5. Change My Mind
6. She's Not Afraid
7. Stand Up
8. Kiss You
9. Heart Attack
10. Another World
11. Best Song Ever
12. Midnight Memories
13. Little White Lies
14. Irresistible
15. Why Don't We Go There?
16. Stole My Heart
17. Something Great
18. God Only Knows
19. Does He Know?
20. Save You Tonight
21. Story Of My Life
22. Gotta Be You
23. Change Your Ticket
24. Little Black Dress
25. Everything About You
26. Night Changes
27. Live While We're Young
28. Magic
29. Teenage Kicks
30. Nobody Compares
31. I Should Have Kissed You
32. Strong
33. Steal My Girl
34. Half A Heart
35. Same Mistakes
36. Tell Me A Lie
37. Clouds
38. Moments
39. Act My Age
40. Truly Madly Deeply
41. Rock Me
42. I Want
43. Taken
44. Loved You First
45. Up All Night
46. Still The One
47. Better Than Words
48. One Way Or Another
49. More Than This
50. Ready To Run
51. Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
52. Spaces
53. Over Again
54. Fools Gold
55. I Wish
56. Back For You
57. You and I
58. C'mon C'mon
59. Alive
60. Illusion
61. Na Na Na
63. Don't Forget Where You Belong
64. Fireproof
65. They Don't Know About Us
66. One Thing
67. I Would
68. Diana
69. What Makes You Beautiful
70. Stockholm Syndrome
71. Summer Love
72. Last First Kiss
73. 18
74. Drag Me Down
75. Right Now
76. Don't Let Me Go
77. No Control
Author's Note
Playlist

62. Little Things

52.3K 1.5K 807
By scooby-snacks

"Oh God," I whimpered as Harry opened the car door and got out. I grabbed my bag and he appeared at my side and opened my door for me.

"You look terrified," he teased as I got out and he shut the door.

"I am terrified," I said through gritted teeth, and he grinned and leaned forward and kissed me softly on the lips, which made my stomach flip over. I couldn't help but grin back.

"That's better," he said. "You'll be fine."

He opened the boot and took out our bags, and I heard the front door open. I took a deep breath and looked up to see Harry's mum standing in the doorway beaming.

"Hi," Harry called. He shut the boot and I followed him nervously up to the door.

"Hi darling," she said and threw her arms around his neck.

"Mum, this is Jess," he said after she stepped back, and she stepped forward and gave me a hug.

"Hi Jess, I'm Anne," she said, warmly. "It's lovely to meet you."

"Lovely to meet you too," I squeaked, and Harry grinned at me over her shoulder. I was too nervous to pull a face at him.

"Come on in," she said, and we followed her into the hall where Harry dropped our bags at the bottom of the stairs, and then walked through to the kitchen.

Gemma was sitting at the large table with a cup of tea, reading a magazine. She stood up when we walked in and came over to us. She hugged Harry and then looked at me with interest.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Gemma."

"She knows," Harry interrupted. "She follows you on Twitter."

I snapped my head up to stare at Harry in horror. What did he say that for?!

"Oh Harry!" Anne scolded. "Don't embarrass Jess like that!"

"She follows you too," Harry teased. "Don't you Jess?"

"Harry," I pleaded faintly, my face on fire, and he laughed.

"She's a big fan," he explained to Anne and Gemma.

"We do know all this," Gemma said to me. "He hasn't shut up about you for the last 3 months. It's been all 'Jess is a huge fan, she like, knows the drumbeat to Little White Lies, it's amazing,' and 'it was so funny the other day when Jess sassed Louis right back, he made some dirty comment to her and she just slayed him, it was brilliant!'"

I laughed out loud and looked up at Harry whose face was now pink. Gemma smiled sweetly at him.

"I've got far more shit on you," she said to him, and I grinned.

"I'll make some tea," Anne said, filling the kettle. "Harry, why don't you show Jess up to your room and take your bags up?"

"Thanks," I said, smiling at Anne and Gemma, and followed Harry back into the hall. He picked up both our bags and led me up the stairs to a large, airy bedroom with a double bed. There were a couple of framed discs on the walls, some photos of Harry looking very young with his family, and a guitar on a stand in the corner. I realised this must be Harry's bedroom when he stayed here, and I was probably looking at some of the stuff he'd had before he was famous.

I heard Harry shut the door behind us and he grabbed me round the waist from behind and kissed my neck. I pushed him off.

"You're in trouble," I said, turning and pointing at him threateningly. He laughed delightedly.

"Why?"

"You know why!" I spluttered. "Trying to embarrass me like that! You know how nervous I am!"

"It broke the ice didn't it?" he grinned.

"I can't wait to hear what other shit Gemma's got on you," I huffed.

"Pfft, she's got nothing," he said casually.

"Sounds like she's got plenty," I pressed. "Talk about me a lot, do you?"

"Occasionally," he muttered, turning away and bending down to fiddle with his bag.

I walked round and peered at his face, that was now pink again. I laughed, and he gave me an embarrassed smile.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me against him. "I have a double bed," he murmured in my ear.

"So I see," I replied. "But we're at your mum's house. It wouldn't feel right."

He pulled his head back and looked at me. "What?"

"I'd just feel a bit uncomfortable," I said, keeping my face straight. "It would be disrespectful."

Harry stared at me. "Are you joking?"

I gave him a mock confused look. "No. Why, are you going to beg?"

He shook his head at me. "I see what you're doing."

"Don't start what you can't finish," I whispered, and gave him a soft kiss on the lips before twisting out of his embrace.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. I had to admit, he looked incredibly hot. If I managed to resist him later it would be a miracle. But I would enjoy making him squirm first.

We went back downstairs and Harry introduced me to Anne's husband Robin, and we sat outside in the sunshine. There was a bowl of crisps on the table which I was thankful for as I was now starving. My nerves were easing up slightly as everyone was so laid back.

"I'll do lasagne for dinner," Anne was saying. "And a roast tomorrow, if you like?"

"We'll need to leave after dinner tomorrow," Harry said.

"I can do it early then?" Anne suggested.

"Sounds great," Harry smiled, and Anne ruffled his hair and then frowned.

"Your hair's getting awfully long again," she said.

"Yeah you look like a girl," Gemma put in. "Especially from behind. You'll have guys hitting on you thinking you're a hot chick."

"They do anyway," Harry said cockily, and Gemma rolled her eyes.

"That's nothing to be proud of, you loser."

Harry laughed and flicked Gemma's ear. "Just because I pull off a ponytail better than you."

"The fact we're even having this conversation should be enough to make you see how wrong it is," Gemma retorted, while I quietly quivered at the memory of the mun. I hadn't seen it for weeks. I'd almost forgotten about it. Almost.

We all sat outside chatting until the late afternoon, when Anne disappeared inside to make dinner. I offered to help but she waved her hand and insisted I stay outside with Harry, Robin and Gemma, but it was starting to get cooler so we moved into the lounge. Harry fetched my/his Green Bay Packers hoodie for me and I pulled it on gratefully. He pulled me down next to him on the sofa and pulled my legs up so they were over his.

"Are we Scrabbling later?" Harry asked his mum as she came into the lounge to fill everyone's drinks.

"If you like," she smiled. "Or we could watch a film. Or why don't you take Jess out for a drink somewhere local? You don't have to stay in with us if you don't want to."

"Of course we want to," I said, genuinely. Now that I had stopped worrying, I was really enjoying myself.

"Yeah, I'd rather chill out here," Harry agreed, looking at me. "I don't want everyone knowing I'm here."

"OK, well we can have a game of Scrabble after dinner and then put a film on later on?" Anne suggested.

"Have we got any good scooby snacks?" Harry asked.

"I've got you some ice cream," Anne replied. "And there are some salt and vinegar Pringles I think."

Harry shook his head. "We need more than that. I'll go to McColls or something and see what they've got. Come on Jess."

He pulled me up again and after a quick discussion with Gemma, Harry and I got back in the Audi and headed into Holmes Chapel village. I quietly enjoyed the simplicity of driving to the local shop with Harry, like any other normal couple would.

"Aren't you worried about being spotted?" I asked as we drove around some weird complex-looking double roundabout. Then I caught sight of something that made me scream and Harry jump.

"OH MY GOD W MANDEVILLE BAKERY!" I squealed, staring over my shoulder as I read the dark red lettering on the side of a white building. "IS THAT WHERE...," I trailed off as I saw his face, and lowered my own volume. "I mean, is that where you worked before you went on X Factor?" I whispered, my face burning. I stared down at my lap, not daring to look at Harry's face because I knew the smirk would be out in its full glory.

He pulled into a tiny car park opposite a pub and killed the engine, and I saw we were parked at the back of a Sainsbury's Local. "Yes, that is where I worked," he replied, and I could hear the grin in his voice. "Would you like a full tour of Holmes Chapel? I can show you my old house, my primary school, where I had my first kiss..."

"That won't be necessary, thank you," I whispered meekly, my face still the colour of a tomato.

"You're so cute when you fangirl," he teased.

"Stop iiiitttttt," I whined, jigging my legs like a child that needs the toilet.

"And you're even cuter when you're embarrassed," he whispered leaning over and kissing me on the cheek.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I demanded. "I'm having a full on Harry Styles moment, in fucking Holmes Chapel, and you're telling me I'm cute and kissing me on the cheek?!"

"Would you rather I kissed you on the lips?" His mouth was inches from my face, and I still hadn't looked at him.

"Yes," I said truthfully, "but you would probably have to call an ambulance to resuscitate me, and that wouldn't be a good idea if we're trying to stay under the radar, would it?"

He laughed, and used one finger to turn my face towards him, before planting a soft kiss on my lips.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "For fuck's sake, Harry," I breathed. "What did I just say?"

"You look fine to me," he teased.

"That's because I'm used to hiding it," I said, without thinking.

For a moment neither of us said anything. I looked up into his eyes. "So stop," he murmured, flicking his gaze down to my lips that were still burning from his kiss.

"I can't," I whispered. "The inner fangirl must stay hidden at all costs."

"I'm not talking about the inner fangirl," he whispered back.

"I know," I said. We stared at each other. My heart was pounding. I licked my lips nervously. Harry took a deep breath.

"Soooo, scooby snacks," I said lamely. Dickhead! my subconscious shouted.

Harry let out the breath and looked straight ahead at the fence in front of the car. "Scooby snacks," he echoed. "Come on then." He unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the car door.

I let my head flop back on the head rest for a moment, before opening my door and climbing out of the car as he appeared by my side with his sunglasses on. As I stood up he shut the door for me, leaning over me unnecessarily, so our bodies were almost touching. I caught his scent and it made me feel giddy and lightheaded.

I looked up at him and smiled and he smirked back at me before lightly touching my fingers with his. He then locked the car and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Aren't you worried about being seen?" I asked again, seeing as the last time I'd asked him this I'd then screamed in his face about W Mandeville Bakery.

"Not for the two minutes we'll be out," he replied. "And we're heading back to London tomorrow anyway. It's not like I'm staying for the week."

I hesitated. "What if... what if we're pictured together. Here. In your hometown."

"There are no paps here," he shrugged. "If any fans recognise me they usually just want a selfie and don't really take much notice of who I'm with."

I could identify with this. Before all this, if I'd bumped into Harry Styles somewhere I wouldn't have been able to take my eyes off him, much less look at who he was with.

We walked into the Sainsbury's Local and Harry headed straight for the crisps aisle. The shop was fairly empty and no one took any notice of us, but I was on high alert. We picked up some Doritos and argued over which flavour to get, and ended up with a packet of each. We got a tray of dips to go with them, and then picked up some popcorn and a selection of biscuits.

We paid at the till and as we headed out of the door to go back to the car, two girls came running out of the Costa Coffee next door. "Harry! HARRY!" they screamed, running over to us.

"Hi," Harry said cheerfully.

"Please can we have a picture?" they asked breathlessly.

"Sure," Harry said.

I stood to the side while they talked to him and took pictures with him, and he was right - they didn't even glance in my direction. They were too overwhelmed by the sight of him.

"Can I ask a favour?" Harry was saying to them. "Please could you not post these on Twitter, just until tomorrow night? I'd really just love some time with my family."

"OK sure," they nodded eagerly. I was pretty sure if Harry had just asked them to strangle their own pets they would have given the same answer.

We waved goodbye to them and got back in Harry's car, and quickly drove out of the car park. "Sorry about that," Harry apologised.

"Why?" I asked. "It's cute." Suddenly a thought struck me. "Is there a pharmacy here?"

"Yeah, but it won't be open on a Sunday," Harry said. "Why?"

"We need condoms," I said, matter-of-factly, and Harry snapped his head round to look at me.

A smirk began to form on his lips. "I thought you said you didn't want to do anything at my mum's house?"

Bollocks.

"I don't," I lied. "But we still need them. For... the future."

"I see." Damn that smirk. "Well if we don't need them for tonight we can just get some tomorrow, can't we?"

I couldn't see a way out of this. "I guess so, if nowhere's open," I grumbled. "Stop smirking."

Harry laughed. "I'm not. I'm just smiling. You could just admit you can't resist me, though."

I swatted his thigh and he laughed again.

"You know I can't resist you," I protested, and he winked, reducing me to jelly.

~~~~~~~~

I managed to get through dinner just fine, even with the Girlfriend Questions from Anne and Robin, and after everyone had finished we went back into the lounge where Harry immediately began setting up a Scrabble board.

"So who normally wins at Scrabble?" I asked Harry.

"Me," he said, at the same time Gemma said, "Mum."

"I see," I grinned as Gemma threw me a look. "And will you be posting a picture of the completed board on Instagram?"

"Maybe," Harry said coyly.

Anne brought some wine through and poured us all a glass and we began to play. I was interested to see what Harry would be like in his familiar surroundings, as I was still a little unsure just how much of the real Harry Styles I had got to know. I quietly observed him laughing with his mum, teasing Gemma and discussing football with Robin, and smiled every time he looked over at me or touched his hand against mine. I caught Anne watching us a couple of times, and wondered what she thought of me, and whether she could tell if Harry was happy or not. I so badly wanted them all to like me, especially as I felt Harry had protected me from how they would have felt about me had they known how I'd almost messed up our relationship. I felt I owed it to all of them to make a good impression, and it seemed to be going well so far.

Harry seemed so relaxed, and I was relieved to observe that he didn't act any differently around his family to how he acted when he was with me. He was funny, confident and laid back, and his playful side was more obvious. It made me love him even more to see how genuine he was, and how simple home comforts made him so happy.

I was paying more attention to Harry than I was to the game, and this unfortunately resulted in Harry trouncing me, and everyone else. Who the hell gets 70 points from 'zebra' on a triple letter and double word score anyway?

Harry was unceremoniously gloating over his triumph, particularly over Gemma who wasn't taking him on at all, so he turned his smugness towards me, teasing me for my lack of tactics.

"I think Jess had her mind on other things," Anne said knowingly as Harry mocked my 'tales' which had earned me a grand total of 6 points.

"What other things?" Harry asked, but Anne just smiled at me as she put the board away.

Robin put a film on about 9.30 and Harry laid back on the sofa and pulled me with him, sliding one of his legs in between mine so we were a tangle of limbs. I laid against his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart, and he played with my hair, twisting it between his fingers and periodically running his hands through it. It was so relaxing and a couple of times I felt myself jerk awake, having nodded off.

When the film finished around 11.30 Anne and Robin stood up to go to bed, and Gemma was preoccupied on her phone. I lifted my head and looked at Harry, and realised he had fallen asleep. I caught Anne looking at him affectionately, and she said, "stay up as long as you want, and help yourself to anything you need."

"Thank you," I said, and she smiled at me before heading out of the room after Robin.

I kissed Harry softly on the lips and he sighed and opened his eyes and smiled sleepily at me. "Sorry," he murmured.

"What for?" I whispered.

"Falling asleep and ignoring you," he said, tightening his arms around me.

"Don't be silly," I said. "Do you want to go to bed?"

"Yeah," he said sleepily, and we disentangled ourselves and stood up. We said goodnight to Gemma, and headed upstairs to Harry's room. I got changed into my vest and shorts and used the bathroom, and as we came back into Harry's room he shut the door and slid his arms around my waist. His chest was warm against my back and he kissed my neck softly. I was just about to protest when he let go of me and went over to his holdall. He pulled a little hairband out and tied his hair back in a mun, before jumping over to the bed and bouncing on the mattress.

I tried not to gawp at him but come on, I am only human and that mun is fucking incredible.

He grinned at me as he wriggled under the duvet and I felt a tingle in my stomach as I felt the familiar desire ignite. Damn him. I switched the bedside lamp on and the main light off, before sliding under the covers next to him, smiling to myself at my determination not to let him get the upper hand this time.

He immediately rolled over so he was partially on top of me and pressed his lips onto mine.

"Hi," he said, smirking, when he pulled away.

"Hi," I said casually, trying not to let my excitement show.

"You're beautiful," he whispered.

For fuck's sake. My heart was now pounding, and it was a good thing I was lying down because my knees felt strangely weak. My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth again. I swear to God it's the mun that does it, every time.

"Uuuhhhnnn," I laughed nervously, and Harry grinned.

He leaned down again and pressed his lips to mine once more, slipping his hand down my side and pulling my left leg up so it was against his waist. I slid my arms around his neck and kissed him back with the same fervor and he slipped his tongue in my mouth. He moaned softly as I stroked his neck with my fingertips, and I felt my hips rise slightly off the bed, as if of their own accord, and press themselves against Harry's. I felt his lips smile against mine and I fought to control my desire.

Harry suddenly pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. My heart was hammering from the intensity of the kiss. He reached over me and flicked the bedside lamp off, kissed me lightly on the lips and then rolled over onto his side of the bed with his back to me. "Night, baby."

What the fuck?

I rolled onto my side and lifted my head off the pillow to look at him, but my eyes weren't accustomed to the darkness yet. I propped myself up with my arm and stared at his back until I could make out the shape of him. What the hell was that all about?

My heart was still hammering, and my entire body was tingling. Damn it, I wanted him. Why had he just left me hanging like that?

I laid my head back on the pillow and scooted close behind him, spooning him, and draped my arm across his waist. He gave a soft murmur and interlaced his fingers with mine under the covers. I kissed his back softly, and he reached behind him with his other hand and lightly stroked my leg. Desire shot through me again and I gently pressed my hips against his bum. I pulled my fingers away from his and began stroking his stomach, trying subtly to get him in the mood, and I heard him sigh softly. After a minute he rolled over to face me and I smiled to myself as he slipped one leg in between mine and pulled my body against his. He kissed me again and I rolled onto my back, pulling him on top of me and thrusting my hips against his again.

After a minute he gently pulled away, gave me a peck on the lips and rolled off me again.

"Where are you going?" I asked breathlessly as he turned over so his back was facing me again.

There was a pause. "To sleep," he replied, with an air of confusion.

"Wh...?" I began, incredulously.

He rolled back over and looked at me. "You said you wouldn't feel comfortable doing anything here," he breathed, his lips inches from mine and his gaze burning into me. "I respect that, baby. I'm not going to pressure you."

"Wh...? No, really, it's fine," I managed to say. "Really." I reached for him again but he pulled back.

"Jess I don't want you to feel you have to," he said seriously, dropping his gaze to my lips in a way that made me want to melt into the sheets.

"I don't feel I have to," I said thickly. "I want to. I want you."

He seemed to hesitate. "I mean, I have got condoms," he said slowly. "But maybe you're right, we're at my mum's. We probably shouldn't."

"You've got condoms?" I repeated, digging my nails involuntarily into his back.

"Yeah I've got some in my drawer here," he said. "But you were right.. it wouldn't feel right..."

"Shut up, Harry," I said, pulling his face to mine and kissing him hard. He moved over me and pinned my arms to the bed with his hands as we kissed. I wrapped one leg over his and he sighed into my mouth again.

"I don't know if this is a good idea," he whispered.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I hissed.

His mouth twitched. "What's the matter?"

"Stop teasing me!" I scolded.

"What do you mean?"

"I need you, Harry," I moaned. "I don't get why you're so reluctant."

His mouth twitched again. "I'm not reluctant," he whispered. "I just don't know if you're doing this for the right reasons."

"What? I'm so hot for you right now - what other reason could there be?"

"Well, I feel like I pressured you before, I just don't want you to feel like you have to."

"Stop overthinking!" I said in a harsh whisper. "I want you - come oonnnnn," I wheedled.

He gave me an uncertain look.

"Please," I said.

"Please what?" he murmured.

"I want you," I said quietly.

"You want me to what?"

"I want you to fuck me, right here in this bed," I said defiantly, staring into his eyes.

He hissed, sucking air in through his teeth, and kissed me hard, moving on top of me so he was lying in between my legs.

"Finally," I panted as he broke away from my lips and began sucking on my neck. "I thought I was going to have to beg..." As I said the words I snapped my head down to look at Harry, who lifted his head and grinned wickedly at me.

"I think you'll find you did," he said - and winked at me.

My mouth dropped open. "Did you... were you... is that why you were saying no?!" I spluttered. "That was all an act?!"

Harry said nothing but grinned, and planted another kiss on my lips.

"Oh my fucking God, Harry," I hissed.

"You make me so hot when you talk dirty," he said, smouldering his eyes at me before pulling my vest off and kissing my stomach.

"You... you...," I stammered. I was so furious that he'd got one over on me, I couldn't think straight.

"Yeah, yeah, you love it, I know," he grinned, and he moved up my body and kissed me before I could reply. "Now shut up, and let me fuck you, right here in this bed, like you asked," he said, sliding my shorts down.

"Harry," I began, but he silenced me with another kiss, and of course I let him fuck me, right there in that bed, like I asked and like he knew I would.

-----*****-----

No Control is coming to a close....

I've got the ending mapped out in my head, and I think there are probably no more than five, maybe ten chapters left at most.

Oh and tweet me @scooby_snacks94 :)

VOTE VOTE VOTE xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 1K 27
Taliyah's beloved, Cephias, may be able to turn into a fierce dragon, but that won't help him navigate the human world. She must escort him across mu...
460K 25.1K 27
Eastmount Psychiatric Hospital Project Black Widow...
Dare By B

Fanfiction

252K 6.8K 99
❝It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove into her eyes and starved all the fears and tasted all the dreams...
702K 14.5K 50
[COMPLETED] pairings are not limited to wine. this story sits well on the tongue with the art teacher - rufus wainwright :) "Unity is what makes art...