Short Round

By t_rope10

Fourth Book to Oklahoma Love More

See You Again
Kylie's Birthday
Perfect Storm
Good to Bad
Bad to Worst
Chancey/Vegas
Vegas Time
Sweet & Sour
Rowdy
Back Fired
What's Best
Wasted
Date Cade
Trapped
Worth The Trouble
Burnin It Down
Return
Confessions
Problems
Last day
Off The Record
Conflict
Five Years Later
New Beginnings
Without One Another
OKC
Two Against One
Attitude
Deserve
Random Filler
Mess
Don't Care
Kaleb
Oklahoma Night
Busy Bee
Can't Handle It
You Can't Make A Heart Love Somebody
What Now
Two
Home
Love Again
Random Truth
Beginning on End
What To Do
Rapid
Filler
Too Fast
Montana
Unsure
Not Ready?
Wrong
Not Over
Justice
Time Matters
Never Let Go
Pregnancy/ Happy Ending
High School Rodeo

Chapter 52

1.3K 54 5
By t_rope10

Kollin and I walked out of the hospital. I seriously don't know know what to do. I'm still bummed of what happened. Kollin took my horses to the nearest stables and fed. My body is weak right now and I know for sure I'll be sore. Normally I don't let anyone drive my truck besides significant other or family but this time a made an exception.

We left the hospital and went to go get something to eat. Im gonna try and keep this whole thing a secret, but I told Larry what happened but didnt tell him Kollin took me in. I just told him I was using the bathroom and then it happened. I know I will not hear the end of it if I told him the actual truth. Not only that after I told him, he hung up and never called back. I don't know where we stand. Im sure its bit of relief for him, he seem like he wasnt ready to be a family again.

Kollin and I pulled up to a small cafe. We were seated by a window and browsed the menu. We found out what we wanted and signaled the waitress over. We both ordered and let the waitress be on here way. Im kinda nervous around Kollin, Im exactly why. We sat in silence for a brief moment.

"How are things with you and Taylor?" I asked

"Taylor and I have been separated for two years now"

"Oh my God... Im so sorry"

"Its ok... she couldnt handle me being out on the road as much... even though I was traveling and roping with her dad"

"Yeah... its hard to love someone who travels for a living... well.. more like being with one.. it was tough for Larry and I"

"What happened between the two of you... I mean you left me for him... now look where you two are..."

"Hey... you better pull them reins... just because I chose him over you doesnt mean you start making me feel guilty about the choice I made... Ive seen you at rodeos... with different girls.. so dont try to be the innocent one... and I aint so innocent myself... so"

"I apologize.. how old is your daughter now?"

"Shes six... be seven in October..."

"Wow... What are you gonna do"

"With Larry... Or Kylie's birthday"

"Larry"

"Im not sure where we stand... Im willing to work it out.. even when we do, we end up fighting again.. cant say what we are"

"What about Kylie"

"I dont keep her away from her dad... he is her father... she does and will need her dad.. I cant keep her away from him.."

"What about this recent one"

"It was his too... I dont want to talk about this one right now..."

hr nodded his head.

*Luke's POV*

Kylie went with her grandparents to get all of this crazy stuff off her mind. Larry was still in the room hasnt come out yet and I was feeding the livestock. After I got done feeding everyone, I went back into the house. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two beers and headed up stairs. Yes, my aunt and uncle do drink but not hard core like they use to. I knocked on Larry's door and he answered it. Holy crap, he looks exhausted big time. His hair is wildly out of place, eyes puffy and red, can see his stubble, and he looked like he hasnt showered.

"Hey bud... How... how you feeling"

"Hell... come in"

I walked in and I see pictures of family in this room. Which is quite odd, I must say. Wait a minute, this is Jade's room. A while back Jade use to stay in this room while traveling for college rodeos. There is a bunch of pictures of her from at a young age to now. I look by the bed and there was the wedding picture. Oh no, this aint good, not one bit. I handed him the bottle and he grabbed it.

"Larry.. what happened"

"I refused it Luke... I refused the pregnancy... I doubted her... now look what happened. I hate ruining people's lives... especially the ones I love"

"Look Larry... you need to do something... not exactly what... but you need to do something quick"

"Like what Luke... Jade doesnt want to speak with me... Kylie hates me... Whats there to do... I tried to make things work but I over react and it becomes a big mess... I love them both so much..."

"You know Jade can be hard headed... Kylie is only six... She has no idea what she saying... My daughter told me that so many times... but did she mean it.. no.. Kylie is just like Jade... She has that quick mind, meaning she dont really think before she does something... People will make mistakes Larry... No one is perfect in this world.. heck.. take my life for an example... I was married for ten years... now divorced for eleven years... Shay is in college now... I missed most of her life... because her mom doesnt want her to be with me... she calls me every now and then.. but whats the fun on that... I miss having my daughter in my arms... Larry.. you can still make it work with Jade... your not really missing much of Kylie's life... I missed school plays, games, promotions, and graduation... its best to get things together now than never... Kylie and Jade love and miss you... couldnt you see it for the past month... they were all smiles and laughter when they were with you... theres no such thing as an easy life... marriage aint easy.. divorce is twice as hard... im sure you know that now... "

"I cant do it Luke... no matter how much my mind wants to.. second thoughts are always getting in the mix.. I'd do anything to have my family back... now everything is such a mess.."

"Me too Larry... I wish I had that family... but hey.. Jade and Kylie are good enough for me... I think its time for you to make things right as soon as you can"

"I need some time"

"Alright"

I got up and walked towards the door.

"Luke"

"Yeah"

"Thanks"

"No problem"

I headed back towards my room and laid down. I really do miss my daughter so much. What can I do? Shay's mom is crazy and wildly out of control. I pulled out my phone and called Shay.

"Hello"

"Hey baby..."

"Hey dad... what you doing"

"Im in Wyoming... hows school"

"Schools great... I have finals coming up... and mom hasnt been there like I wanted her to... dad when you coming home"

"What do you mean.. mom hasnt been there... she should be there... Im not sure yet.."

"Shes too busy with her husband... or whatever... she rarely asks me anything or talk to me... I wanna be with you dad..."

"Whats stopping you..."

"Mom..."

"If I pay for your plane ticket.. will you come out"

"In a heartbeat..."

"Im booking you a flight right now..."

"Yay!!! I love you daddy... cant wait to see you!!!"

"Me too honey... Ill send you the info.. ok..."

"Ok..."

"Whens your last day of classes"

"This week actually..."

"Great... Ill book you flight... I talk to you later... I love you Shay..."

"Love you too daddy... see you friday night"

"Yep..."

We both hung up the phone. I really needed that phone call. Im debating if I should call Jade now or wait till tomorrow morning.

*Jade's POV*

Dinner was great, I like spending time with Kollin. Well this is a first in I dont know how many years. I know he gave me hell but I forgive him. I hate holding grief towards someone. Kollin paid for the ticket and we left the diner.

"Where to?" he asked

"Take me to my horses" I said

He smiled and we headed towards wherever my horses are. I have to see my babies before I hit the hay. Hey, its a habit alright. We ended up driving down some narrow pave road, and made a left into a big place. This place is bigger than mine. It has a indoor arena, cattle grazing, and horses in a separate pasture. Im in awe of this place.

"Where are we?" I asked

"My place" He said

"What?! What happened to Oklahoma?"

"I sold that place to Tyler... "

"Wow! Have I really miss the road that much or kept out of touch"

"Apparently so... "

"Nice place..."

"Thanks"

He parked my truck near my trailer and he showed me his place. He's got a barn filled with horses including mine, and a big tack room plus a hay barn. I am seriously jealous of his place, maybe I'll buy another ranch out here but then again Im not much of a fan of winter. I hate the cold so much.

"Your welcomed to stay here... I've got an extra room... well three actually"

"Ok..."

He took me into his house and showed me the room. The room was painted with dark gray walls and the carpet was a light gray. The bed was a king size, and was covered with a black comforter. This has to be one of the neatest rooms Ive seen. Everything was brand new, then I walked towards a dark brown door and revealed a huge bathroom. This bathroom is more legit than a five star resort or hotel. This hotel is the real deal, has a hot tub then a stand up shower. All the towels were folded neatly and were placed from smallest to biggest.

"Hows the room" he asked

"Way better than mine... haha.. nice room.."

"Great... I'll bring in your bags"

"Thanks"

Kollin brought my bags into the room. I grabbed out my phone and looked for Luke's contact, and as I browsed I came across Larry's number. I clicked on it and scrolled down. There was a delete or block this caller ID but I couldnt bring myself to pick either one. I scrolled back to Luke's contact and called him.

"Hello"

"Hey Luke"

"Jade???! Oh my god... how you feeling"

"Im OK... feeling a little sore right now... hows everything going on that side"

"Everyone is worried about you... where are you"

"Colorado Springs... Wheres Kylie"

"Shes right here..."

"Me talk to her"

"Hi mommy"

Her voice sounded sad, and I put my head down. It breaks my heart that I couldnt give her what she wanted the most, a sibling.

"Hey baby... What are you doing"

"Laying next to uncle Uke... and you"

"Laying down to... uh... where... wheres daddy"

"He left"

"He WHAT?! He was suppose to stay there with you two"

"I dont know but he left... dont where he went... he took everything... I didnt talk to him"

"Why... Kylie what happened?"

"I know what happened... and I told dad.. That I hate him"

"Kylie Jade... Why would you say that"

"I was mad... sad... and he let you walk again.. mom"

Tears started trailing down my cheeks.

"I gotta get up early.. I gotta drop the horses off at home and then Ill fly back out there.. ok? hopefully be there by saturday night... well at least before your bulls start buckin.. ok?"

"I miss you mommy"

"I miss you too sweetie..."

"Good night mommy... I love you"

"I love you too.. good night"

We hung up the phone and I turned the lamp off and went to sleep.

The next morning I was packing up to leave. I tossed my bag in the backseat, and my horses were already loaded. I went back in the house and Kollin was waiting with a cup of coffee. I hate to leave right away but I need to get back to Kylie right away. I grabbed the cup from him.

"Thanks for the hospitality Kollin..." I said

"No problem.. the least I could do for an old friend"

I gave him a hug and walked out the door. I was off back to Decatur.

*2 AM*

I finally pulled up to the house, after a long hours of driving. I drove the rig towards the barn to unload and then took them to their stalls. Strangely the water was full and there was hay in the feeders already. After everything was put away, I head back towards the house. I unlocked the door and turn the light on. I jumped at the sight of who was in my house!

---------------------------------------------------------

Cliff hanger....

Vote/Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 8.2K 41
can you be a good wife to min yoongi?
2.6K 193 28
Alaey is a teenage girl who is trying to deal with a rude ex-boyfriend, oblivious crush, and loving friends. Things in her life are normal until the...
22.6K 601 21
(Completed) Her village was in chaos when she was born. Her father took her out of the village and left her in the forest so he could help defend the...
112K 2.3K 22
The Big Three gods, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, swore an oath to not create any more half-blood children, as they were to become far too powerful. Unf...