Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 52

265 12 17
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

"Liddy, will you, please slow down and just get in my car?" Liz asks.

I wait for her Acura to come to a complete stop before pulling the door open and stepping inside. "Thanks for coming to get me. I'm sorry I walked off on you. I just had to get out of there."

Liz reaches over and squeezes my hand. "It's fine. How are you doing? You look like hell by the way. "

"I'm sure I do. How long have I been wondering around Nashville?

"About 20 minutes. I wish I could have gotten to you sooner but I had to calm Kelly down. As soon as you left, she went on a rant saying she couldn't believe that she trusted you. She thought you two were friends. I tried to explain that you never pursued Hunter that it was the other way around. Of course she didn't like hearing that."

"I'm sorry I left you to deal with that. " I say as I hang my head.

"It's fine. Don't worry about me, it's you I'm concerned about."

I force a fake laugh. "Well, I'm as good as can be expected, after learning that the man I love, the only man that I ever saw a future with is having a baby with someone else."

"Aww, honey. I am so sorry."

"Thanks." I say as I wipe away a tear. "I just can't believe this is happening. I love him so much. It's going to kill me to have to walk away from him and Harper."

"What are you talking about?" I can hear the concern in her voice.

"Hunter and I can't ever be together. He needs to marry Kelly and start a new life with her, their baby and Harper." I can barely choke out the last few words because I'm beginning to sob uncontrollable again.

"There's tissues in the glove box." She says as she points to it. "Why do you feel that you can't be with Hunter, if you two love each other, which I believe with my whole heart is the case? It might not be an ideal situation, but I am sure you can work something out."

"No, we can't. Hunter is all about family and he loves being a "hands on" dad. It kills him to watch Harper go off to her mom's for just 2 weekends a month. He's never going to be content having to share joint custody with Kelly. The only chance he has at being truly happy is if he can fall back in love with her and they raise their child together."

"But."

I cut her off. "No buts Liz, Hunter needs to have his family with him as much as possible in order to be happy. As much as we might want it to be different, it can't be. He could try to convince himself it would be fine to see his child 50 % of the time or maybe even less because he travels so much, but over time it would slowly kill him."

"You said you had to walk away, what does that mean exactly?"

"It means that I'm going to have to find a new job." I say while sobbing.

"No, there has to be another answer. It's not fair that you have to loose not only Hunter but Harper, too!"

"I don't want to quit my job. I don't want to leave Harper, honestly I don't. But let's be serious, there is no way Kelly's going to allow me to be anywhere within 200 feet of Hunter. Plus, it's going to be too hard on me to see them together. I'm a strong woman, but I'm not that strong."

"But what about Harper? You promised her you would always be there for her."

"I know I did!" I say as wipe the tears from my eyes. "That's what's killing me. She's so young. She isn't going to understand. I'll have to stay on as her nanny for longer than I want so I can try and prepare her somehow for me leaving and once I do, I will find a way to keep in contact with her. I committed to be there for her and I won't break the promise."

"Are you sure about this? You seriously don't think there is any other way?"

"No, I don't. Hunter loves Harper and he will love the child Kelly is carrying just as much. He will need to have them in his life to be completely at peace. I know that and I love him enough to not stand in the way. I have to put my wants and dreams aside and think only of him. That's what you do when you love someone. You put their happiness before your own."

"Oh Liddy, I wish there was something I could do. I hate to see you this hurt. It's just not fair!" She says angrily.

"The only reason I am somehow holding it together is because I believe that God has a plan for me. Obviously, it's not Hunter I am suppose to be with. I just have to be patient. My Prince Charming will come eventually, right?"

"Yes, you will most definitely find your Mr. Right and hopefully, very soon."

I reach over and squeeze her hand. "Thanks for being here for me. I honestly, don't know what I would do without you. I love you."

"I love you, too." She says with tears in her eyes. "So what's your plan? Are you going to tell Hunter? Kelly was adamant that we say nothing. That she needs to be the one to tell him."

"I agree. She has to tell him, not us. I think I'm going to go visit dad and Jan and stay for a few days, maybe even through New Years and fly back just before we leave again on the tour."

"But what are you going to tell Hunter? It's obvious he loves you. He isn't going to just let you walk out of his life."

"Hunter, was in love with Kelly not that long ago. I don't know what he feels for me. He's never told me he loves me. So I'm not going to assume he does. Maybe I can get Ryan to help me think of something?"

"When are you going to tell him you quit?"

"Not for a few months. I want to have a new job lined up first. I will give him at least a months notice."

"Well, it sounds like you have this all worked out."

"As much as I can, I guess. My biggest problem is how I'm going to explain to Hunter that I suddenly want to leave to see Jan and dad?"

"No, I think your biggest dilemma is trying to explain how you look. If he sees you like this he's going to know something is up."

"Do you mind taking me to your house first? So I can pull myself together, before I have to confront him."

"Way ahead of you. We should be at my place in 5 minutes."

_____________________

Hunter's POV

These last few days have been amazing. Other than Harper being ill, everything was perfect. Liddy loved the two gifts I gave her and I can't believe how much time and effort she spent looking for my incredible present. The framed photos of the '64 Shelbies are already hanging in my office. I love them, just like I love her.

Now that Harper is almost back to normal, I have the remainder of our vacation all planned out. After she spends a day or so with Renee, I want to take her and Liddy to the Nashville Zoo. Even though it may be cool, I still think we will have so much fun. I would also like to go to the Nashville Children's theatre. Andy and Melissa have taken their kids there a few times and said their children loved it. 

I have a few professional commitments scheduled, but they are all reasonably close so it shouldn't interfere with my plans. I should have plenty of time to be with them. I also hope to spend New Year's Eve with Liddy. I don't care where we are. I'll let her pick. All I know, is when the ball drops and it is exactly midnight, that's when I'm going to tell her I love her, right before I kiss her. I'm so excited, yet a bit nervous all at the same time.

When I hear someone knock on the door. I get up to answer it. I'm shocked to discover Liddy standing there. "Hi, what are you doing using this door? Why didn't you just come through the door that connects your apartment to the house?"

"I didn't want to disturb you incase you were busy talking with someone." She says nervously.

"Liddy, you NEVER have to knock when you come into my home. You are always welcome."

"Thank you." She says as she looks away. That is strange. "Uhm the reason, I came by is because I was wondering how busy your schedule is?"

"Not to bad why?"

"Well, I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I went to Virginia to visit with my parents. They missed seeing me for the holiday so I thought I would surprise them."

"Ah, of course not." I say trying hard to hide my disappointment. 'If that's what you want. I wish I didn't have prior engagements, otherwise I would invite myself and Harper along. I would love to meet your parents."

"Ah, uhm, I'm sure they would like to meet you sometime, too." She says with a smile that seems different in some way.

"So when do you plan to leave and when will you be back?"

"I would like to leave as soon as possible and I'm still not sure when I will return, before the tour starts again on Jan 3, that's for sure.

"I hope you'll be back by New Year's Eve."

"I can be? Do you have to fly some place to perform? Do you need me to take care of Harper for you while you are away?"

"No, I have nothing scheduled right now. I asked to keep it free. I was hoping you might want to do something, together."

She looks like she wants to run out of the room. What's going on? When she left me a few hours ago everything was terrific between us. Now, suddenly she wants to visit her family and she seems terrified that I just told her I want to do something with her on New Year's.

"Ah, uhm ah, maybe, I might be busy." She says as she heads towards the door. "Would you be able to manage with Harper if I left tonight?"

I swallow hard. I know something is up. She is acting totally different then when she left this AM. "Of course I can manage. Harper is almost completely back to her old self. I expect she will be spending tomorrow and maybe the next day with her mom. So don't worry. I'm sure my parent's can help me out or maybe Melissa if I get in a bind while you are gone."

"Okay, well good. Then I will book a flight. I really want to leave as soon as possible. " She smiles but I can tell it's forced.

"Do you plan to say goodbye to Harper before you leave?"

"Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me. I should probably do that now, just incase I can get a flight that leaves in a few hours. Otherwise I might not have time. Do you mind if I go see her?"

"Of course I don't mind. She is taking a nap in her room. She's still a bit off schedule because of the fever."

"Thanks." She says as she heads up the stairs.

While she's gone all I can do is think that something serious has happened. She isn't acting at all like she had been these last few days. She's avoiding my gaze. She's standing far away from me and now, she wants to leave town. I literally feel ill. I wonder if I should ask her if I did something? Or should I wait? God, I don't know what to do.

I few, minutes later, she comes down the stairs wiping her eyes. She looks like she's been crying? "Is everything okay?"

"Uhm, yes, I just got an eyelash stuck in my eye."

"Do you need any eye drops? I know I have some around here someplace."

"No, I'm fine." She smiles, but only with her lips. Her eyes are distant. "Well, thanks for being such a great boss and letting me have this time off at the last minute. I'll text you when I figure out when I'm coming home."

"Sure" I say. "I hope you text me more than just that. Harper and I will want to hear all about everything you are doing. Maybe we could skype?"

She quickly moves towards the door. "Uhm, sure, if I'm not too busy. Thanks again. See you soon," She says as she walks out the door.

I just stand there and stare. Please Lord, don't let her run way again. Harper and I need her. Help Liddy find a way to trust in me, to trust in us." I silently pray as the tears start to fall from my eyes.

_____________________________

Okay! Don't hate me, please!! I cried writing these last two chapters. Keeping Huddy apart was one of the hardest things I had to do, but hopefully, in time you will understand why.

Please vote and comment, (But nothing rude or vulgar, please)

I know the last chapter was a shock so I am assuming that's why no one commented on the charm bracelet "Harper" got Liddy. What did you think? Did anyone suspect he got her that?

Over 5.3 K reads! Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 660 25
Daehyun and Youngjae have finally gotten passed their trust barrier and are living happily ever after! ... or are they??? Youngjae's dad is put away...
113K 5.5K 15
What happens when a 39 year old man falls head over heels for a 26 year old girl who is a complete opposite to him? A man who doesn't know defeat...
317K 8.9K 30
Read about 22 year old Nycole Charleston and her journey on being a soon to come single parent, and with the help of only her grandmother and her bro...
4.4K 49 43
What will 26 year old Liam Payne do when he incounters a little girl with a dark past. And all the problems that come with her. Maybe his old band ma...