Iris

By TaylorBarlow951

“Look, whoever you are-” “Michael. And who are you?” he interrupted. Rude. “Michael. My name is Iris, Bonnie... More

Chapter 1 Iris
Chapter 2- Michael
Chapter 3- Iris
Chapter 4- Michael
Chapter 5- Iris
Chapter 6- Michael
Chapter 7- Iris
Chapter 8- Michael
Chapter 9- Iris
Chapter 10- Iris
Chapter 11- Iris
Chapter 12- Michael
Chapter 13- Iris
AN!
Chapter 14- Hades
Chapter 15- Iris
Chapter 16- Iris
Chapter 17- Michael
Chapter 18- Michael
Chapter 19- Michael
Chapter 20- Michael
Chapter 21- Michael
Chapter 22- Michael
Authors note!
Chapter 24- Michael
Chapter 25- Iris
Chapter 26- Michael
Chapter 27- Iris
Chapter 28- Michael
AN!
Chapter 29- Iris
Chapter 30- Michael
Chapter 31- Iris
Chapter 32- Michael
Chapter 33- Iris
Chapter 34- Michael (part 1)
Chapter 35- Michael (part 2)
Chapter 36- Iris
Chapter 37- Michael
Chapter 38- Iris
Chapter 39- Michael
Chapter 40- Iris
Chapter 41- Michael
Chapter 42- Iris
Chapter 43- Michael
Chapter 44- Iris
Chapter 45- Michael
Chapter 46- Iris
Chapter 47- Iris
Epilogue
Last note

Chapter 23- Iris

132 11 1
By TaylorBarlow951

I heard voices. I felt hands and arms wrapped around my ankles and my upper thighs. They felt warm, hard, and protective. I must be in heaven. This feels too good to be in hell anymore. Then I felt the worst pain on my upper back. It felt like someone beat my back with a baseball bat and then set it on fire with a blowtorch. I'm not sure who did it or what it even is but I would really appreciate it if whoever had the really awesome hands and arms wouldn't do it again.

Someone set me on something. I wasn't in those warm protective arms anymore. As the voices grew louder, I felt a gush of air rush into me. Some pumping on my chest and soft breathy counting. Another gush of air. More pumping. Repeat. Wait- is someone doing CPR? Someone held me in their arms again. I felt the launch into the air. Felt the air breeze across my cheeks. Blow through my hair.

My hair. Ugh. I must look like shit right now. And someone was doing CPR? Probably someone gorgeous. And I haven't been able to brush my teeth in how long? Jesus that's gross. That person had some serious balls.

"Iris, I really need you to wake up. Like two months ago." The voice was familiar. I think that was Michael. No that makes no sense as I am stuck in ice in the underworld. No, worse than the underworld. I'm in hell. Literally. I felt someone shaking me and wanted to tell that person to knock it off. Sadly my mouth wont open "Come on Iris. I know you can hear me. Say something mean. You like my shirt?" The fuck was special about his shirt?

"Maybe we should just take her to Olympus. Im sure Athena can help her. All these bruises and broken bones are constant injuries. They've been hurting her for a long time. I don't know how to help her. This is beyond my knowledge." Hey that voice sounded familiar too.

"She's got a nice rack." Not sure who that is but I appreciate the compliment. I heard some flesh meet some other flesh and really wanted to smile.

I felt some more air surround me except for those warm arms. I really wish I could feel them up. Im really hungry. I think I should go for some steak and potatoes right now. I really hope someone gives me food the next time I wake up. The next time. How many times is this now? I lost count after seventy something. Dying, but not dying, really sucks ass.

Someone spoke in my mind. "Iris, dear, are you there?" Oh god I would know that heart stopping voice from anywhere.

"Athena! Is that you? Please Athena tell me that's you." I replied in my thoughts.

"She's conscious." I heard a group of sighs. Sighs of relief? "She is also very hungry. Someone get some steak and potatoes. A big steak. Make it yummy. Her senses are on high alert. Thank you." I heard a mumbled response but couldn't get past the idea that I'm getting some food soon.

"Yes sweetie it's me. I need you to do something for me okay? Your going to feel a pinch on your neck and when you feel it I need you to take a breath. It will take a lot of effort on your end, but I need you to do this. Can you do that for me?"

"I'd do anything you asked of me. You just got me a steak." I heard her laugh out loud.

"Are you ready? It might sting a bit."

"Just please do it quick. There's a lonesome steak calling my name."

The pinch was not a pinch. It felt like someone was ripping my neck skin off and all I could so was gasp for air. It filled my starved lunch with precious life. I took breath after breath. I laid there ,greedily, for minutes maybe even hours breathing in lungful after lungful of beautiful air. When my breathing wasn't so labored and I felt warmer I opened my eyes. Zeus, Athena, Michael, Thomas, and a few other unknown people stood above me all wearing relieved faces.

"Everyone get the hell out of here. I need to talk to her. Athena can you stay in here please? I'd like to hear her answers." Everyone but Athena and Zeus popped out of the room. Yes I said popped.

I closed my eyes in shame. I knew what was about to happen. He wants to know what went down. I then noticed the difference between Hades and Zeus. Hades didn't show much fatherly affection. He had said he loved me before, and at times I had thought it was genuine. Now, seeing someone who looked relieved to see I was alive, I can see that Hades wasn't as genuine as I though he was, if at all. I looked at Zeus and Athena and closed my eyes again in shame, disgust, guilt, and a lot of self-loathing. I can't tell them what happened. I can't do this.

"Iris," I opened my eyes and looked at Zeus. My father. My dad. Shit I had tears in my eyes. He must have looked at me or seen something in my face because he didn't say or do what I thought he would. I was expecting some mean words and maybe even a backhand across the face. I heard Athena gasp in shock and saw her eyes fill with tears. "one day my child, you will tell me what happened. Maybe even over time. Little bits here and there, and when those times come, because they will, I will be here for you. Always. You are my child. I have some stolen time to make up for, but you will always be my child. I barely know you and would do anything for you. I've known you for so little time, and I love you so much. I hope you will give me a chance to show you how a real father is supposed to be, because I know that Hades didn't do such things." I looked at him and let the tears fall freely. Just as he and Athena did.

I know I cant talk, but there was never a time I wanted to speak so damn much. So I opted for the second best.

"I love you too." I mouthed to him. He smiled and held me. He hugged me and I breathed his scent in. This hug, this was a hug that ended wars. I looked to Athena and waved her over. She hugged both me and Zeus. I grasped her hand.

"I love you too Athena. You're the closest thing to a mother I have."

"I love you too babygirl. I hope that you can look at me that way. I already see you as one of my own."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

164K 4.3K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...
2.1K 122 41
I give him an angry glare. "Another reason why I left Olympus is because I don't want to deal with you gods. So why don't you leave me alone and go a...
332 20 21
Many forget that the goddess of love was born from the raging sea, but she would do anything to protect her daughter. Adora was Aphrodite's last daug...
46K 1.8K 86
"Jealous?" "Why would I be?" "Because I know your fantasies." He argued. I leaned closer to him, smelling his overwhelming scent. "And I'm appalled...