Playing the Part | BAP Bang Y...

By daisukijimin

Jieun thinks the only reason why Yongguk always messes with her is because she's the only girl in the entire... More

Chapter 1: The Only Girl in the Class
Chapter 2: Some Competition
Chapter 3: Off Limits
Chapter 4: The Favor
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: Returning the Favor
-not an update-
Chapter 7: Another Favor
Chapter 8: Enemy Territory
Chapter 9: Why It's Good to Have a Boyfriend
Chapter 10: Almost There
Chapter 11: "It's Cute How Hard You're Trying Not to Like Me"
Chapter 12: Honey, Wake Up
Chapter 13: Suspension
Chapter 14: How it Works in the Movies
Chapter 15: Not Jealous
Chapter 16: Just Admit It
Chapter 17:What Relationship Do You Have with Her?
Chapter 18: Double Date
Chapter 19: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 20: One in the Morning
Chapter 21: THUMP
Chapter 22: Break Time
Chapter 23: Sleep Over
Chapter 24: Date Advice
Chapter 25: That Kris Guy
Chapter 26: Chaos
Chapter 27: Anger Management
Chapter 28: No Self Control
| RE-UP| Chapter 28: No Self Control
Chapter 29: Define the Relationship
Chapter 30: Drunk in Love
Chapter 31: High School Musical
Chapter 32: I'm in Love
Chapter 33: Sick
Chapter 34: Movie Night
Chapter 35: Matchmaker Fail
Chapter 36: Matchmaking Success
Chapter 37: Fear & Excitement
Chapter 39: Part 1
Chapter 40: Part 2
BangSong Fanfic: Sugar Baby

Chapter 38: You're Kinda Hot When You Look Like You Want to Stab Me

1.8K 75 34
By daisukijimin

"Hey, why are you so nervous?" I placed my hand on top of Yongguk's who was using all of his might to grasp onto the arm rest of the seat.

"I've never been on a plane before. It feels really weird." Yongguk shuddered while he shut his eyes closed.

I giggled at him. He always tried to act tough but he's literally a baby. "Hey, well if I knew that you were gonna act like this for the whole plane ride to America, I should have brought Nayeon with me."

"I'm fine." Yongguk gulped. "I just need to hold on to something."

I peaked my head out into the aisle to see if I could get a pillow from the flight attendant for Yongguk to hold on to. Just as I was about to get one of the attendant's attention, I felt something on my thigh. I looked down and saw that Yongguk placed his hand there.

I rolled my eyes, "Wouldn't you much rather hold on to a pillow?"

"No, this is alright." He smirked as he slickly tried to move his hand to my upper thigh.

I moved my hand down to slap him, but his reflexes were too fast that he was able to pull away and I ended up slapping myself. Which really hurt.

-----

We arrived at our hotel in the evening and I went to the bathroom to change into shorts and a crewneck sweater for sleep. When I got out, Yongguk went in. Just as I was about to sit down on the bed, there was a knock at the door.

I opened the door and basically, just omg. "Oh my god Kris." I haven't said his name in months. "What are you doing here??"

"Hey Jieun! Are you happy to see me?" He pulled me into a tight hug and I just stood stagnant, still in shock.

"Um yeah sure." I forced a smile. It's not that I wasn't happy to see him, but you know, the last time we saw each other was pretty awkward and it ended in this weird situation and yikes.

"I heard from your dad that you flew here for the UCLA orientation and he asked me to help you around LA if you need any help. I also happen to be attending the orientation tomorrow as well."

"W-wow really?"

"Yup, we're gonna be going to the same school this fall." Kris smiled his usual charming smile.

"Jieun, are you ready to go to bed?"

I spun around and saw Yongguk emerge from the bathroom in a sleeveless white shirt and joggers. His eyes immediately narrowed once he saw who was standing with me in the doorway.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yongguk put his hand on my hip and caused me to take a few steps back from Kris.

"It's nice to see you too, Yongguk." Kris said which Yongguk responded with a scoff. "I just visited to let Jieun know that if she needs anything while she's in LA, that she can always call me."

"How nice of you." Yongguk said flatly.

"Well then, goodnight Jieun. I'll see you at the orientation in the morning." Kris waved to me, ignoring the fact that Yongguk was by my side, and left.

"Don't tell me he got accepted to UCLA too." Yongguk whined.

"It's alright Yongguk. It's a really big school so I doubt that we'd even see each other in the school year. Hey, it's already late. We have to wake up early so let's go to bed now." I hugged Yongguk and gave him a small kiss before walking to my bed.

He watched me as I covered myself in the blankets before he slowly went to his bed.

"Goodnight." I leaned over to switch off the desk lamp between our two beds.

"Yeah, goodnight." Yongguk said with no expression as he opened his blanket.

I picked up my pillow from my bed and stood up, "Did you want me to sleep with you tonight?"

Yongguk instantly perked up and made room for me on his bed, "Well only if you want to."

----

The next morning, I put on a sundress because I wanted to look nice during the orientation. We got to the UCLA convention center and there was a long line for the new students to get our nametags before actually going inside. Yongguk stayed with me while I waited in line, but once I got my name tag, he had to leave. The orientation was only for the new students so Yongguk had to find something to do for the next hour.

"Bye, I'll see you later." I hugged him as I stood right outside of the door.

"Bye. Don't let Kris sit next to you." Yongguk warned and I just brushed it off as him just joking--even though I knew he was serious.

The seats in the convention center filled up quickly, but I was able to find a free seat. Everyone around me was just talking to each other, but I was too shy to start a conversation. I started thinking about what Yongguk was doing right now. I took out my phone to text him.

"Excuse me, is the seat next to you taken?" Someone standing in the aisle asked me and I replied with a 'no,' my eyes still looking at my phone.

"Good morning everyone. We will be starting the orientation in just a few minutes." Someone said into the microphone so I placed my phone back in my bag and faced forward.

"Do you know what time it is?" The person sitting next to me asked.

I checked my watch, "It's 10:30." I looked up and my jaw dropped. "Yongguk, how were you able to sneak in here? You can only come in if you have a nametag."

"Yeah I know." Yongguk smirked at me.

I still looked at him confused, then my eyes wandered down to the black and white nametag pinned to his shirt. It read "UCLA Orientation: Yongguk Bang."

"Wait. What's going on??" I pointed to his nametag which only the future students got to have.

"Hello everyone. The orientation will be starting now." Someone in a suit, standing on the stage announced and Yongguk shushed me, leaving me hanging without an answer.

---

After the orientation, Yongguk was following the crowd to the reception in the dining hall but I held him back. "Ok so seriously. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well I wanted to go to the new student's orientation." Yongguk answered and headed for the beverages.

I looked at his nametag again and touched it, "How did you print this out to make it look so legit?"
The corner of hip lips curved as he took a sip of his water, "I didn't have to make a fake nametag. All the students who got accepted get one."

I blinked at him and looked at his nametag one more time, "Wait I'm so confused...did you...get accepted into UCLA?"

A huge smile was plastered on his face and he put his hands up, "Surprise~"

"Wait! You really got accepted?! When did you apply?! How come I didn't know about this?!" Too many questions were going through my head at the moment. Honestly! What was going on!

"Well even though you didn't tell me, I knew that you were applying to UCLA, so I just tried my chances and applied too. I got my acceptance letter a few weeks ago." He replied calmly.

"But...you didn't really have the best grades in high school..." I said in whisper.

Yongguk then went on to explain that he was actually getting his grades up and started doing several extra curricular activities to fill up his resume, and he even begged Mr. Shin to write him a letter of recommendation (which is surprising because I thought Mr. Shin hated Yongguk).

"Oh my god! So we're really going to the same school? You better not be messing around again Yongguk or else. What did you even declare as your major?"

"I declared as a music major. So even though you're doing something science-y and I'm doing something music-y, hopefully we'll be seeing each other a lot on campus." Yongguk smirked at me.

Science-y? Music-y? Did UCLA really accept him? Oh well who cares if he makes up words. "Oh my god!" I squeezed his hands and was rambling nonsensically while jumping up and down. We got some weird stares but I didn't care, I was too excited.

"I'm still like...mind blown." I small crease formed on my forehead as I was thinking about how it was possible that I had no idea Yongguk was planning to do any of this.

"Well after high school we're both gonna be moving to LA together."

After orientation, Yongguk and I flew back to Korea and told everyone how he got into UCLA. Even his friends questioned the legibility of his acceptance letter. During the time we were gone, everyone else got acceptance letters from the universities they applied to.

All of the guys are attending the same college, except for Zelo. It turns out that he and Nayeon got accepted to the same college and under the same major. Looks like they're gonna be spending a lot of time together after high school whether they like it or not. But let's face it, they're like destined to be together, or at least, that's what I think.

a/n* In America "college" and "university" are interchangeable, I just want to point this out because i know in other countries they mean separate things.

-----

There was still one month left of high school and I still had to set my housing arrangements in LA. During the weekend, Yongguk and I took another plane to California but this time, the whole group decided to tag along.

Mom and dad researched apartments near the school for me to live in but I just had to come out here to sign the papers.

"Wow Jieun! Your own apartment. You're such an adult~" Nayeon mused as she ran through my unfurnished loft.

"Invite us to visit every month!" Himchan stepped out onto the balcony and commented about how jealous he was of the view from my apartment.

"Yeah sure~ If you guys buy your own plane ticket," I winked at them.

"Alright you guys, I'm starving. Let's go get food." Jongup put on his jacket and the rest of the group followed after him.

I held Yongguk back for a bit while everyone was still deciding where to eat. "Hey so it's pretty cool I have this apartment right?"

"Yeah, you're lucky. I have to share a dorm with a stranger. What if he's weird?" He made a face.

"And what? You're not?" I joked which made him pinch my cheek. "What if you just move into this apartment with me?"

"What?" Yongguk widened his eyes, "I'm pretty sure your dad wouldn't let me though..."

"So?" I smiled, "He doesn't have to know."

"Hmm living in an apartment with my girlfriend in another country with no parental supervision?" He smirked, "I'll think about it."

---a few months later---

"Your dad's so cool for getting us a flat screen TV." Yongguk and I were currently sitting in our new apartment, eating popcorn, and watching a movie.

"He didn't get it for us, he got it for me." I reminded because dad still doesn't know that I'm living alone with Yongguk. Mom knows, but she promised not to tell dad.

"Hey I'm pretty sure when you first met me, you would have never guessed that we'd end up living together."

"Yeahhh I thought I was going to end up with Daehyun and that because of your grades, you were probably going to fail out of high school."

"Well." He rolled his eyes at the thought of Daehyun being my crush at the beginning of the year. "You were wrong." At that moment, my phone rang and it was an international call. "Hello mom?"

"Hi Jieun, how are you and my son in law?" I raise my eyebrow and looked at Yongguk.

From the weird smile he's giving he, I can tell that he can hear my mom on the phone. He held out his hand but I shook my head 'no.' Why does he want to talk to my mom anyway? He reached his hand out again and I gave in and handed him my phone.

He put it on speaker. "Hi, it's me."

"Hi Yongguk, are you two having fun in LA?" my mom asked.

"Yeah we are, thanks for asking."

"That's nice to hear. So Yongguk, tell me, when should I be expecting grandkids?"

I jumped at him to try to grab my phone back, but Yongguk wrapped his arm around me, trapping my arms.

"Hmm I'm not so sure," He said on the phone again, "Hopefully sometime soon, but you know how Jieun gets. When we're alone she's either all over me or she acts like I don't even exist, she's really confusing but---"

"Ok that's it. "I bent my head and bit down hard on Yongguk's arm, that caused him to release me and I successfully got my phone back. "Mom don't listen to anything he says. I'm going to hang up now, alright? Love you. Bye."

After hanging up, I shot a look at Yongguk that said 'keep an eye open tonight because I will grab some scissors and stab you in your sleep.'

"You know you're kinda hot when you look like you want to stab me." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me.

I pushed his face back, trying to stand my ground, "I'm not going to forgive you for saying those things to my mom just because you kiss me."

"Well it doesn't matter, I'm gonna kiss you anyway." He grabbed my face and crashed his lips into mine. Making sure that I couldn't escape. I struggled at first because I still wanted to seem like I was mad at him, but as always I gave in.

"See? You can never stay mad at me." He pulled away on his own accord and had a smug look on his face.

"Because you're just...Every time you...ugh you're annoying."

"You haven't changed that much from when you first asked me to be your boyfriend."

"Yeah. Still a decision I regret making." I said teasingly.

"More like, it was the best decision of your life."

The doorbell rang and I looked at Yongguk to open it because I was lazy. He gave me the same look so I flicked his forehead and stood up.

"Yah!" I covered my butt with my hand and turned around and stared down at Yongguk. He had on an innocent façade, pretending that he didn't just hit my butt once I stood up. I started walking backwards to the door to make sure he wouldn't touch my butt again.

I opened the door and the person standing there always had the talent of appearing without a heads up, "Hey Kris. What are you doing here?"

"Hi Jieun. I heard that you moved in to the same apartment building as me. I just wanted to say hi and drop off these flowers." Kris was wearing a buttoned down shirt, black pants, and dress shoes. He's always dressed up as if he has somewhere fancy to be.

"Aww how nice! Thank you."

"Are you stalking Jieun?" Yongguk huffed from behind me. I guess once he saw Kris at the door, he wanted to quickly shoo him away.

Kris let out an haughty laugh, "I'm not stalking her. I live right next door." He explained which made my jaw drop a little. He lives right next door? That's a coincidence. "What are you doing in LA?"

"I'm attending UCLA." Yongguk stood tall and crossed his arms.

"Oh. Hm. Well then I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other." Kris checked his watch and looked back at me, "I have to get going, but I'll see you around Jieun."

"Alright. See you. Thanks for the flowers."

He winked at me before he left, "What are neighbors for?"

"We're moving out." Yongguk said randomly.

I laughed and grabbed a vase to put the flowers in, "C'mon Yongguk just be friends with Kris."

"I cant be friends with someone if I want to step on their face every time I see them."

I sat down on the kitchen counter and swung my legs, "Are you just jealous because he's better looking than you?" I pouted and pulled on Yongguk's hands so that he was standing in front of me.

"Wait...Do you really think he's better looking?" Yongguk said, genuinely hurt.

"Of course notttttt. I love youuuu, ok?" I pecked him on the lips but he put his hand on the back of my neck to deepen the kiss.

"Shit Jieun, I love you so much." He mumbled on my lips, reminding me of the time he first time he told me that he loved me. Well technically it was the second time he said it.

"I know you do." I laughed softly, entangling my fingers into his hair.

A/n* Even until the end I just love the awkward interactions between Yongguk and Jieun.

SO GUYS the next two chapters is something that I've been wanting to insert into this story but I didn't know where so chapter 39 & 40 are extended chapters that I wanted to write for fun and I think it's fun to read. ( The concept is basically a smut parody lol). The chapters take place a few months before Yongguk & jieun move to LA.

Chapters 39 & 40 will be released on Oct 31

ALSO I NEED HELP! I want to start a new book but I don't know who I should use as the main characters! I really like BAP so I was thinking Daehyun but I'm not sure! And should the girl character be based on a kpop star? Or just a normal girl? IDEAS , ANYONE? LOL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.4K 6
❝I don't ask much of you, Hyung... Just love me forever and I'll be happy... Oh, And make lots of babies with me too!❞ Lee Jihoon just wanted to...
14 1 1
When the girl Jungkook's been pining over and his best friend get together, it seems like the world might just be over. But he's a strong guy, he can...
34.1K 1.4K 36
Taehyung is the bad boy of his school, he bullies everyone and he has this group of 2 friends with him. Wait until he bullies a shy girl Jenyoung and...
4.4K 299 21
"𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨" "𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯" "𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘪 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦" In...