I Promise, I Swear

By thefixingparadox

"I can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I'll never leave." "The difference between pro... More

Our Game Plan
Chapter Two ~ Start Again
Chapter Three ~ Treacherous
Chapter Four ~ The Worst Kind
Chapter Five ~ Familiar Stranger

Chapter One ~ Time

153 6 1
By thefixingparadox

Chapter 1 ~ Time

"No, no! Don't go! Don't leave me here!" I cried, holding tightly onto his hand. I couldn't let him go. No, this can't be happening. "Please!"

"Kitty, don't cry. Shh... It's okay, it's okay," he whispered. His other hand was stroking my hair tenderly. I leaned into his touch as I continued to sob. His voice, on the other hand, sounded so soothing, I almost believed his words. Almost. This was probably the last few times I was ever going to hear that deep, husky and sweet voice again.

"You can't leave me. You can't do this to me," my voice cracked as I forced out the words. My mind wrecked for something to say to make all of the pain go away. This had to be a nightmare.

"I-I'm not leaving you. I'm just going away for a while. If I don't make it later in the operation, you'll find me in the future. I'm so sorry, Kitty. I'm sorry that you have to go through this." I knew he was trying to hold his tears in, for his eyes were shining with his unshed tears.

My lips trembled. "B-but it's not fair. I can't live without you." I choked on a sob. My heart was hurting so much, I thought it had stopped working. It was as if someone had driven a double edged sword right through. But perhaps it really did stop working the day I heard the terrible news.

I couldn't believe it then. And I still couldn't believe it now.

"B-baby girl -" he was interrupted by a loud cough. One moment, he started coughing. I hurried to pat his back, to comfort him. All of a sudden, he was hunched over, coughing so violently. I whispered some soothing words and continued to stroke his back.

In the next moment, I had to bite my lip to keep from screaming, which was to no avail. An ear-piercing scream filled my ears. There was blood. So much blood.

I quickly pressed the emergency button to call the nurse. Tears started to fall freely from my eyes as I watched him continue to cough up blood. Blood was all over my blouse. I couldn't do anything but wait for the doctors and nurses to come. I felt so useless. There he was, in so much pain and I couldn't do a single thing to help ease it.

Time seemed to slow down as the doctors and nurses burst into the room. They rushed to his side and all I could do was cry out. Everything felt so blur but yet so clear at the same time. As the doctors and nurses attended to him, somehow I got shoved away from the bed. I tried to get to him but I realised two nurses were holding me back. I was now held by the wall as I watched the scene before me.

The room was in chaos. The doctors were yelling things here and there at the nurses who frantically scurried around, grabbing instruments. Two nurses were holding him down, as he struggled.

I fought to be freed, kicking and screaming. In my mind, I kept telling myself I had time. There would be time. Time for me to say goodbye one last time.

It felt as if I could feel his pain just by looking at him. His face was scrunched up, his eyes shut tight. His hands were fisted into the bed sheets as he pulled at them. Blood trickled down his face from his mouth and nose. Everything was a mess. And he was in so much pain. I was, too. Every time he screamed, I did, too.

The nurses were about to inject him, when he suddenly just stopped struggling. He lay there on the bed, motionless. Blood covered his face.

I let out another scream, as sobs wrecked my whole body. I fell towards the ground, and buried my face into my hands. No. No, no, no, no. I felt empty. It felt like my heart had been clawed out of my chest. And even though I felt like my heart had suffered that fate, I couldn't help but feel like it was the same fate that my heart had to face every day from then on.

Because that was when I realised, the only sound that filled the room, other than my cries, was the constant, long and sinister beep which haunted me every night from that day forth. Time no longer existed. Time vanished and it left me with the unforgiving words that changed my life forever. Time did not let me say goodbye. All it did was take the most important person from me. It felt almost like I didn't exist too.

But then, as the words were said, time existed again and came back to this torturous earth, cruel enough to dig deep down into the crevices of my heart and let me live alone in this daily nightmare, playing and tormenting me every living day of my life.

"Time of death: 5:48pm."

***

A/N. Hello amazing people! This is my first time attempting to write an actual book. Honestly, I don't know how far this book will go but I'm willing to find out! I'd just like to say that this version has not been edited yet and I'd greatly appreciate if you guys are patient with my updating and stuff. Also, I'd like to thank all of you who gave this book a chance and are reading it! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I hope this book will be one that pull at your heartstrings and what not and that you'll continue to support me! Love you all! <3

- E.C. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 6.7K 43
Valentina, a student at Heartfelt University, is assigned to the notoriously rude and cold Professor Montgomery. While the professor's harsh demeano...
263K 33.6K 68
#Book-3 Last book of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation of the first and second book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If...
92.3K 5.3K 48
Why are you looking at me? Hmm...I don't know my eyes love to see you. I say, her cheeks turn light pink. Are you blushing? Nope, my cheeks like to...
378K 4.4K 40
I have found an ideal life. I have a loving husband, no work and no danger. This is exactly what I wanted when I ran away and changed my identity. Bu...