Glitz Gurlz on Deck

By tamoja

*********Wattpad Featured Story********* Ever wondered how many sacrifices a cheerleader must make to stay be... More

Ch1. - Glitz Gurlz Ahoy
Ch.2 - Slumber Party (-1)
Ch. 3 - Pyramid Problems
Ch.4 - Disco Diva
Ch. 6 - Mantra Mayhem
Ch. 7 - Breaking Bree
Ch. 8 - Syrup covered madness
Ch. 9 - Splash
Chapter 10: The Binge
Ch.11 - Revenge
Ch. 12: Vengence Runway Style
Ch. 13 - Fat Cows in Booty Shorts
Chapter 14: The Final Dump
Chapter 15: The Finale
Over

Ch. 5 - Limbo

6.9K 446 359
By tamoja

Maddie called all the girls to the back corner table. She was already annoyed at Dean for falling out during their make out session and wanted to spice the rest of the night up. She asked the girls to help liven the party with a routine.

"Someone has to spread the cheer here, and that's us!"

Holly giggled in her seat, her smile wide. "Oh!  Can we do the limbo routine we did for the commercial?  It's my fav!"

Maddie nodded. "Holly, that's your first good idea. I was beginning to wonder if you had it in you to be more than a walking fashionista!"

The girls talked for a minute about how to rearrange the routine without Jessica and Ree Ree. Trials were their fuel, and a good cheerleader never backs from a challenge. In minutes they seemed to have it worked out! 

The DJ gladly put their tune on a remix of Jazzman Jays "Sleep Never Felt Like A Party Before" and the girls cleared the floor.

Two of the lacrosse boys were recruited, following the cheerleaders twerking hips to hold the limbo bar that was used to both flip over and dance under. 

Maddie took position as caller now that Jessica was gone, and they decided to forgo the flyer until they worked a bit more on life without Ree Ree -everyone was replaceable but not everyone could purge enough to keep their weight under 80. A new flyer would have to be dedicated.

The crowd was clapping and smiling and soon the girls felt like war heroes saving the slumping party. Captain hot pants in his much too tight uniform came over to get a better view of the show. Maddie couldn't help but notice his too tight uniform which really enhanced his pecs, and wondered if she'd written him off too early in the game.

The girls, moving in a precise pack, danced around the room. The disco ball in the middle started spinning faster and the rhythm of the music skipped. Suddenly, at the tail end of the routine, the lights went out and the floor was plunged in total darkness. There were shouts and cheers and screams and everyone began moving.

Suddenly the lights flashed back on and center stage stood Holly in perfect cartwheel form frozen. Maddie was ready to pounce at her. No one stole the show when she was around! No one but her that was.

She marched toward the stage, pushing the crowd of dazed people who were mumbling their relief at having the lights on and anticipating how long Holly could hold the pose. Maddie noticed Holly had somehow managed to be holding position with the help of the limbo stock that almost seemed to be going through her body. That bitch was going for a full solo moment!!

Captain hot pants was rushing up from behind.

"We need some help here, she seems to be impaled on the stick."

People began screaming and running for the doors. The Glitz Gurlz stood together side by side waiting.

"That's what happens squad, when you try to shine before your ready. As a cheer captain I knew she wasn't ready. What an idiot. No one cart wheels with a limbo stick. Everyone knows they're way too long for that."

The girls nodded their heads in the bobble way and a small voice from behind said "I think she's dead."

Maddie turned to the left and saw Emily staring mouth open at Holly's pooling blood on the stage.

"Well Emily, you might be right. But if she is dead, she died on fleek. Outfit perfect, makeup flawless, and definitely showing flair. What we learn here, is that we always need to be flawless. If her cartwheel talent were as on point as her wardrobe, she may have been co-captain one day."

The girls walked away from the Captain, stewards, and medic who were trying to figure out how to get the limbo stick unwedged from the planks of the stage and Holly's impaled form.

They walked the long dark hallway back to their rooms without a word.

"Mandatory pillow fight in my room in twenty. All Glitz Gurlz must attend. Bring your own pillows and no backing out. As long as I'm captain we will overcome and excell."

The girls disappeared into their cabins and Maddie and Claudia semi closed the door of their own room to allow the girls to get back in. Claudia began cleaning off her makeup and spoke while staring into the mirror.

"We are down a lot of girls. I'm beginning to think this cruise is a curse."

"Claudia. How could you? Your being as dumb as Jessica right now whose probably still wandering down some tunnel looking for an open door. This is not Lina Hanson's novel 'Cursed Times, What Now'. This is real life. There are no such thing as curses. Except for being poor, ugly, or fat."

Claudia smiled at her refection and took off her disco clothes opting for her favorite Vera Wang pajama bottoms instead. The abstract pastel patterns always brought her comfort.

"You're right Maddie. I don't know what's wrong with me. We aren't ever going to be poor, fat, or ugly. And with new tryouts just a week away, I need to focus."

"It's ok Claudia. We all have stupid moments. You just have to put your chin up and believe in the spirit of cheer. Tryouts will be tougher this year. We have to weed out the weak, which it appears our team was full of. See, this cruise is already changing our focus. We have to do better at picking members who understand commitment and limitations."

Maddie, who was currently mid change and wearing her Victoria secret red bra and matching boy shorts was about to launch into new characteristics needed when Captain obvious opened the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry, the door was open, sort of, and I wanted to see if you were ok. I know Holly's death had to have been a shock to you. He stared at her midriff and Maddie put her finger under his chin and led his eyes upward.

"Ummm, sadness show is up here big fella. My breasts aren't indicators of sadness, that's what eyes are for."

"Oh right. Sorry Maddie. Just came to see if you wanted to get a drink with me. It was a terrible accident. I still don't even understand how it's possible to impale yourself with a logo stick."

"We all know Holly was an overachiever Captain. That and her on fleek ability to accessorize were her best assets. And I'd love to get a drink. But let's do it tomorrow evening. There's only a few days before we compete and Claudia needs the 7am practice tomorrow."

Once again he was silently staring at her chest. Maybe this is why girls got so freaked about throwing clothes on when guys were around. They were like drooling baboons. She twirled him around and shoved him out into the darkened hallway.

She put on her Vera bottoms and a satin nightshirt with a pic of a cheese platter and the words BIG CHEESE and grabbed her pillow.

"Let's slap some cheer back in this squad Claudia!  Send out the texts!  It's time to glitz it up!"

******************************
Note to self people: never cartwheel with a limbo stick.

And don't forget the main lesson: always look on fleek. You could die or find your OTP (one true pairing). Either way, look your best! 

P.S.- if you Haven't caught on this is all done in jest. Enjoy the humor. Life is short. We all know fat, ugly, and poor are not curses. This isn't a commentary, it's just very bad humor.  And said author is not responsible for character comments.  Blame the voices, not the mouthpiece. Feel free to comment or vote. But don't comment ugly, it isn't glitzy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 3.2K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
109K 2.1K 43
#3 in Cries In a world filled with cheerleaders, soccer players, and wild party goers they all can truly say that popularity speaks for its self. It'...
190 1 21
"Something About You Made Me Feel A Little More Alive and Far Less Lost." Bella Peters has spent her whole life trying to be the perfect child: makin...
4.6K 273 32
////COMPLETED///// 👀What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Its something Athena always believed throughout her childhood. She was a softie, but...