Chili Pepper, Lady Slipper

By DeenaLeeKelly

Cedrick Smith a normal boy, with normal grades, and a normal life. Everyday was normal being him; being bulli... More

Chili Pepper, Lady Slipper
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

172 3 4
By DeenaLeeKelly

"Moira!" Cedrick called to Moira through the bodies of students in the hall, bumping into elbows and receiving small curses every now and then.

After Chemistry class was dismissed, Cedrick had a sudden burst of courage to talk to Moira. Moira disappeared through the classroom door right away, swiftly moving through the crowd towards her next class. He had to confirm to himself that his life could be changing right before his eyes with this angelYet, deep down inside, he knew.

I may not be the most amazing person on Earth, but I'm not dense. Cedrick's thoughts were running wild as he stretched out his hand toward Moira's wrist.

Catching her wrist, Cedrick recuperated slightly before blurting out to her, "Moira! Wait up, I need to tell you something, you--"

"What up loser!? Don't touch me and just go away creep! I need to go to the bathroom and wash your germs off my hand now." A random girl, probably a cheerleader, scowled at Cedrick and sashayed away in her 6 inch heels, leaving Cedrick bewildered.

"But... She was right here." Cedrick stared blankly in the hall as students gradually vanished into their respective classrooms.

~•~•~ Chili Pepper, Lady Slipper ~•~•~

As the dismissal bell rang, Cedrick unenthusiastically got out of his desk and exited his classroom with a frown. I haven't seen Moira ever since the hall incident, and it wasn't even her.

Cedrick walked towards the front door of the school struggling to hold his books in hand. He wasn't able to get his bag replaced yet after an "accidental" event resulting in his bag being cut into four parts and shredded to pieces through an electrical paper shredder the day before."It's a nerd thing" he repeated to himself after the incident, "But really, how could the teachers believe that jerk jock, Brent insisting that was just an 'accident'!? Stupid teacher's pet for being one of the few reasons Englewood High School even gets credited in the State football games." he mumbled under his breath as he continued to mosey over to the bicycle racks.

"Hey nerd! Where do you think you are going?" an arrogant voice barked.

Cedrick stiffened to the voice. Not now, I just want to go home. He thought to himself. Maybe he will just go away if I ignore him.

Brent laughed and stomped over to the bicycle racks before Cedrick could get there before him. "Such a loser! Still riding bikes home? Well, you know what? I don't like your bike, nerd. I think I might personalize it to my liking." he snickered.

"Please, don't Brent. Can't you be satisfied with what you did to my bag? Until now I haven't even gotten a replacement. So please leave me alone?" Cedrick nervously said with a hint of grief to imminent doom.

"Lemme think about it? Uh, NO!" With one swift move, Brent took a Swiss army knife out of his pocket, extracted the knife attachment and pointed to Cedrick's bike seat. "First of all, I totally hate your seat, how 'bout I add depth to it?" he said with a fiendish smile plastered on his face.

"No! Don't, please. Why can't you bully somebody else! Stop messing with me Brent! Pl--!" Cedrick's last plead was cut short when a rock flew past his head and hit Brent's hand, accomplishing the act of unarming Brent and allowing his Swiss army knife to fly into the bushes behind the bicycle racks.

In shock and disoriented, Brent hurried to grab the rock which bruised his hand while Cedrick already lost grip on his pile of books. Everything happened in a flash before Cedrick's eyes, another rock, this time smaller, zipped by his arm, hitting Brent's shoulder. One by one until a barrage of small rocks pelted Brent's back and sides, hard enough for him to shout in pain, soft enough to not do terrible damage, maybe just bruises.

Several moments later, the bombard of rocks suspended and that is when Cedrick noticed that the small rocks were actually gravel from the school parking lot just beside them.

Moira. Was the word that popped up into Cedrick's head at that moment. A black blur rushed past by Cedrick's peripheral vision causing him to whip his head back towards the big old maple tree right behind him. All he saw were locks of black hair flowing elegantly from behind the tree, the wind lashing it forward.

Moira. Why? Cedrick's heart skipped a beat, yet his thoughts didn't go too far when he remembered that Brent was in front of him, previously in a rage. After that random pelt of gravel, he shouldn't be that frightening anymore. Cedrick turned to Brent and gasped as he saw him stand up, groaning to every move, and raising his fists full of bruises to Cedrick as if he still wanted a fight in his condition; blood dripping down the side of his mouth, and a limp in his left leg.

Brent limped toward Cedrick slowly, eyes full of indignation and fury towards him. "Okay you wimp. Think you can set me up with that gravel trick? Nu-uh, not me, you're skinny behind is good as dead for what you just did"

"B..b..but it w..wasn't me! Let's just s..say we are e..even okay? Y..you and me, an eye for a..an eye?" Cedrick slowly backed away, frightened by Brent's expression.

"Don't talk to me, trash! You. Are. Going. Down!" Brent emphasized every word and bolted for Cedrick.

Cedrick closed his eyes already damp with tears and braced himself for he knew he couldn't escape his situation no matter how hard he tried.

After what seemed like hours of waiting, Cedrick heard a faint "Umphf!" just feet in front of him, and a small, yet powerful voice proclaiming a "Halt!" beside him. He slowly opened his eyes to a bench,  Brent sprawled over it like a jacket, his face flat on the concrete and Moira by his side.

"I am cognizant of the consequences interfering with personal engagements, however, when an individual addresses violence to another, the formal engagement is liable to be disbanded, authorizing an outsider to intervene in the situation in any way seems appropriate." Moira declared, her eyes staring hard at Brent.

Cedrick could have sworn that the moment he looked at Moira, he saw a flash of melancholy flicker in her eyes, but she retaliated fast enough to look at Cedrick, eyes gentle towards him. Cedrick felt his face go red. She smiled at him and turned away, walking perfectly to the road. Cedrick hurriedly gathered his books and dumped them in the basket in front of his bicycle then ran after her.

"Moira! For.. for just now... Thank you." he panted as he jogged up to Moira's side. "But, wait. Can I ask you a question? How did the school bench just magically appear in front of me? You saw that right? You were there, and the gravel, where did it come from?" Cedrick still had his courage, yet he was blushing from cheek to ear.

"Sir Cedrick, you are imploring of more than one answer, you originally asked of one question from me. Although, I may not answer either. I am not knowledgeable of the events that occurred earlier." Moira stated as she continued walking.

"But, you saw, I know you did. You hid behind the big maple tree! Moira, wh--"

"Please excuse me sir Cedrick, I must continue along to my homestead, dusk is approaching. Sir, you--"

"Please, stop calling me sir, Moira. I am your Chemistry partner, not your lord of some kingdom. Talk to me, you are the only girl who ever has. Moira, who are you?" Cedrick ended his sentence with a crack in his voice and restrained walking altogether.

Moira stopped walking herself at his last question and turned to face Cedrick.

Those eyes. Cedrick's heart skipped a beat as he looked into her burdened eyes once again. Then I wasn't imagining it earlier. He took one step forward as he started to say something when Moira's eyes shifted to the same gentleness they usually held as she said, "Cedrick. You would not delight in the veracity of my whole..." she paused and looked at Cedrick with pain stricken eyes, "rationale." She finished with a smile and dashed towards to road leading to the outskirts of town.

A chilly wind whispered past Cedrick leaving him alone with goosebumps crawling up his arms.

                ~ ⋅ ~ ⋅ ~ ⋅ ~

A/N

Hey guys! I got Chapter 2 up pretty fast, now please wait for Chapter 3!

Thanks again to everyone for all your support and for reading this far, I love you guys! Please remember to vote, share, and comment about anything!

How about a random question, how do you guys get to school? Walk? Car? Bus? Bike? Plane!? Just comment everyone and see you next chapter!

Love,

DeenaLee ^^

Continue Reading