Used To Be Me

By xinfinitelifex

Anna Marcy and David Parker have been inseparable since diapers. They've been together through thick and thin... More

Before Reading
Chapter 1: Hubba Hubba
Chapter 2: Without me
Chapter 3: I'm sorry?
Chapter 4: Please, Not Him
Chapter 5: Never Again
Chapter 6: Broken
Chapter 7: Just Like Any Other Day
From: The Author PLEASE READ
Chapter 8: Over Again
Chapter 9: Gone Too Far
Chapter 10: Don't Look Back
Chapter 11: Tears, Tales, and Talks
Chapter 13: Danna?
Chapter 14: Just Great
Chapter 15: Dumbstruck Dummy
Chapter 16: The Good Old Days
Chapter 17: Forbidden Wish
Chapter 18: Life, Loathe, and Love
Chapter 19: Liar, liar
Chapter 20: David?
Chapter 21: Unbelieveable
Author's Note
Chapter 22: Ugh, my life.
Chapter 23: Dreamin'
Chapter 24: Passing Time
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: What Happens, Happens
Chapter 27: End of the Day
Chapter 28: If Only
Chapter 29: Tears My Soul
Chapter 30: Remembered Past
Chapter 31: Decent Measures
Chapter 32: Unexplainable
Chapter 33: Don't
Chapter 34: Wild
Chapter 35: Bloody Brilliant
Chapter 36: I'm Okay?
Chapter 37: Strong
Chapter 38: Refresh
Chapter 39: Fools
Chapter 40: Unreal
Chapter 41: Mine
Chapter 42: Bloom
Chapter 43: Peachy
Chapter 44: Remember
Chapter 45: Unwelcomed
Chapter 46: Reality
Chapter 47: Solution
Chapter 48: Happily
Chapter 49: Bantered
Chapter 50: Infinite
Chapter 51: Sticks and Stones?
Chapter 52: Used To Be Me

Chapter 12: Oh Hula Hippos

2.9K 97 5
By xinfinitelifex

Anna's Pov

"No way! He said that? Anna!" Riley shrieked beside me. I had just explained what had happened yesterday with David and I, and now I don't know whether telling her was a good thing or not.

Riley's mom had dropped us at the mall an hour ago to pick out dresses for homecoming that's in two months and a half. Riley loved picking out clothes, and actually loved shopping overall.

We walked into a variety of stores, but I never liked any of the dresses. They were either too puffy, too bland, too sparkly, or too long, due to my short height.

Stupid short genes.

We had practically checked every shop in the mall, except one. Riley insisted that we should go there, yet, I was pretty hesitant, because all the stores we checked out were rubbish.

Riley and I entered the store, exhausted and disappointed from  scouting for the "oh-so" perfect dress all day. I started searching tiredly through the racks, and my patience started to run out.

All of a sudden, I saw something sparkle from the corner of my eye. I turned around, and I was found at a loss of words.

At the center of the store, hung a pale pink dress, with a sweet-heart neckline, embroidered with diamonds at the upper section of the dress. The material flowed down, stopping at the perfect length for my height. I know I'm not a big fan of sparkles and sequins, but nevertheless, this dress made the fake diamonds look beautiful.

I squealed as I darted towards the dress. I checked the price tag, happier than I could have ever imagined. The cost was spot on with my budget at $150.

Oh. My. Lord.

Before anyone else could attempt to buy the gorgeous dress, I rushed to the counter where the cashier was. She was slumped in her chair at the counter, filing her nails in boredom.

"Hello! I would like to buy that pink dress please." I rushed out, pointing to the article of clothing that hung on a black velvet hanger.

"Sure thing sweetheart." the clerk smiled. She strolled over to the sparkly garb, and plucked the dress off of its hanger. Then, she strided slowy over to the counter.

I beamed as she scanned the dress and placed it into a bag. I quickly handed her the money and rushed to find Riley.

I found her slouching at a bench outside of the store, disappointment and boredom plastered across face. It seemed to me that she didn't find her "perfect" dress yet.

"Riley! Lookie here!"I shoved the dress in her face, and her eyes bulged out of her head in disbelief.

"Where'd you get that?!" She exclaimed.

"Must of gotten that piece of trash from the dumpster." Someone muttered behind me. I didn't even have to figure out who it was. By her screeching nasally voice, it was too easy to know.

"Ava. Back from the sewer so soon?" I snarled, earning quiet chuckles from the girls that stood behind her. After what happened last time, I wasn't going to back down from this fight anytime soon.

Ava glared at the girls, making them shut up instantly and shrink back in fear.

Then she turned to me, saying "Acting tough eh? Your little crying scene at school begs to differ. No wonder David ditched you in freshmen year, you're such a nobody. Your crappy style makes it even worse. David told me about your parents, I understand well how they wouldn't even want to spend time with you. You're such a disgrace and a pathetic excuse of a human being. Tsk tsk, very disappointing, but eh, I'm not surprised."

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the moment I lost my sanity. That was the last straw of my patience.

I charged at Ava, tackling her to the ground. I sat on top of her, throwing punch after punch, aiming at her face. I grabbed a fistful of her hair, pulling on the roots as hard as I could. I was so done with her teasing, sassy remarks, and her bullying. Payback time!

She wailed in pain, trying to get me off of her.

Oh, not so fast, little girl.

I tugged harder and harder. As I was about to throw more punches at her, I was lifted by a strong force, which happened to be a mall security guard.

I was thrown over his shoulder, and I thrashed around in his grip. I saw Ava on the floor in pain as the guard walked in  the opposite direction, and soon enough I lost my energy and slumped on his shoulder. "Riles!"

"Anna!" Riley shouted as she started sprinting after me, grabbing my shopping bag that contained my dress along the way. "I'm coming!"

Next thing I knew, I was being taken to another section of the mall.  I looked down at the floor and avoided the wierd glances and look people gave me as we passed by. However, I didn't regret what I had done. I almost got to beat Ava to the pulp, and that's an accomplishment in itself. So, I guess this is the negative that comes with it.

And hey, free piggy back ride. Well, kind of.

After a few minutes when I had decided to look up, my heart dropped when I read the sign above a door we were heading to.

Mall County Jail.

Oh hula hippos.

·································································
Hello my loves! Sorry for the crappy and late chapter. I've been pretty busy lately. Thanks for reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 6K 29
When Harlow accidentally takes the wrong bag at school she discovers a journal written by a mysterious, tortured boy inside. She becomes obsessed wit...
1.1K 7 24
Hope and Tess are BACK!!! Ending the summer broken up, the girls are ready to take on senior year. After busy schedules and a midnight tragedy, will...
196K 2.8K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
138 6 10
A soulmate au where both partners own a piece of an artifact. When they meet, the pieces come together to form the complete artifact. Follow two frie...