A Battle Within

By fire_comet_kitten

"Go away, already! It's not like I missed you or anything. You only make things worse." "It's the deeds that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Why you should never trust a prison guard
Chapter 3: I'm not The Only One
Chapter 4: Flashback
Chapter 5: If I have to make any more cupcakes I will die
Chapter 6: Oh No She Didn't
Chapter 7: The clerks are aliens
Chapter 8: Good job, Ceres
Chapter 9: Smoke eye for beginners
Contest!!!!!!!!
Chapter 10: If There Really is Someone I Know
Dear readers,
Dear Readers, (again)
Chapter 11: Caught
Author's Note
Chapter 12: Meeting the Other side
Chapter 13: The Game Changer
Chapter 14: Training
Chapter 16: Away

Chapter 15: Sugar and Spice

24 2 13
By fire_comet_kitten

I'm sorry for the late update. I really can't seem to keep up with this on top of everything that's happening for me. I'm sorry :(

This chapter is dedicated to @Katjade64  for the request on Chom moments.

Tom's POV

I kind of forgot that Chelsea could have been THE Chelsea. You know, the one who stole the Ruby Jade. It didn't seem like it.

Right now, I think I am wrong. The dude, Bradley, asked her if she remembered him from somewhere. Probably not. Maybe he was related to her or something. 

Nope.

She didn't seem too panicked about this, because she gave a response right away.

"No, I have never met you," she said, and then made a big show of trying to read his name tag.

"Officer.....Bradley."

"Okay then," he replied, "you have an interrogation appointment scheduled for one week from today."

"For what?"

"For looking suspicious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelsea's POV

Well, that was a disaster.

I had just broken all three rules of not looking suspicious.

1. Don't tell them anything.

2. If they test you with the yot, tell them something like, "Oh what a horrible disease. It's a good thing that they invented a testing serum before it could spread any farther."

3. Act harmless and happy-ish, like a girl who's into shopping at the mall.

Well, yeah. That about sums it up. Disaster.

As soon as the cop went away, I marched up to the counter and ordered an upside-down pineapple space cone. It's basically an upside-down pineapple cupcake with a vanilla ice cream cone (also upside down) on top. While I was waiting for my order to come up, I noticed Tom in the kitchen. He's kind of cute, with that old penny-colored hair and those soft green eyes, and that permanent frosting smudge on his face.

What was I thinking a second ago?

That kind of thinking is never going to get me anywhere, and what's more, it's going to make me regress in my powers instead of progress.

"Your order."

I turned, "Huh?"

It's Tom, "You ordered an upside-down pineapple space cone. It's here." He pushed it towards me. I stared at him, still kind of zoned out.

"Okay then," he said cautiously and put it down on the counter. 

"Oh. Oh. That," I chuckled, "um.. thanks." I'm pretty sure that I was blushing.

As he turned away and walked back to the kitchen, I think that he was blushing, too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 58.8K 151
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
26.9K 989 38
The beautiful play girl fell in love with the handsome boy who wants to be a priest.
70K 6.6K 54
တစ်ပိုင်းချင်း စာပြန်စစ်ပြီး ပုံတွေ ပြန်ထည့်၊ ရှင်းပြထားတဲ့ မှတ်စုလေးတွေ ပြန်ထည့်ပြီး တင်ပေးပါမယ်ရှင်။ စိတ်ဝင်စားတဲ့စာဖတ်သူတွေအနေနဲ့ မပျက်ခင် ဖတ်ကြပါ...
6.4M 49.4K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...