Two Worlds (Under Constructio...

By mollysue

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I'm Mary Josephine. Daughter of Roger Josephine. Rich, famous businessman. I'm 17, shy... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 2

1.8K 49 3
By mollysue

All right here's chapter 2......I accidently erased it and had to rewrite it....Anywho please enjoy chapter two!! Hehe I rhymed.....

Chapter 2

"Oh Mary I forgot to introduce you to our ranch hands!" My mom said while we were eating dessert.

Pumpkin pie.

My favorite.

I looked up from my plate and watched my mom. She gestured to a boy with blondish brown hair and blue eyes.

"Mary this is Grayson Pierce."

He waved and I did the same.

"This is William Connor," She said gesturing to another boy with black hair and brown eyes.

He smirked at me and nodded.

"Howdy miss."

I rolled my eyes, making him chuckle and looked towards my mom.

"And this is Gabriel Thomas. You've already met him."

I looked at Gabriel but he didn't even acknowledge me sitting next to him. I waited for him to say something, do something, anything.

Nothing happened.

My brows furrowed in annoyance and I turned back to finish my pie. When I was done with my second piece, I got up and went to the front porch, sitting in my mother's rocking chair. I closed my eyes and rocked back and forth slowly until I heard movement. I opened my eyes and jumped slightly.

All three of the boys were outside around me. Grayson and William were sitting in front of me on the steps and Gabriel was leaning against a beam next to me. Grayson and William turned around towards me. Grayson thrust his hand towards me. I slowly reached out and shook it.

"I'm Grayson. You can call me Gray though. Either one's fine."

I nodded. William thrust a huge hand towards me and I shook his hand too.

"Call me Will, beautiful. Or if you want you can call me William. I prefer Will though."

I nodded and glanced towards Gabriel. He hadn't moved once and didn't make the effort of introducing himself either. I don't know why but I felt a little angry.

Stop it Mary. Do not let him get to you.

I sighed, rolled my eyes at myself and stood up.

"Boys come help me with this!!"

I heard my Pa yell from the back. All the boys stood up. Gray and Will nodded a goodbye and left. Gabriel turned towards me and watched me carefully. I stretched and could still feel his stare....

"What?" I asked abruptly as I turned towards him.

His brows furrowed and he shook his head. Our eyes caught and I gasped quietly. His eyes were very beautiful.....they had this soft, caring look in them....

That wasn't directed at me was it?

No of course not!

His eyes hardened and his jaw clenched as he turned around, walking towards the back. I shook my head.

What the heck?

I walked towards the barn and growled in frustration.

What is his problem?! What did I ever do to him to make him angry? I mean I just met the guy!

I walked into the barn and to the stallion's stall.

"Hi bud....so what should I call you?" I asked him as I started petting him.

He neighed in content and I looked him over. I saw a mark on his neck and petted it.

"Hm....."

I stared at the mark, trying to figure out what it looked like. It looked like a question mark.... He neighed again and I walked to the front of him, petting his nose. He tilted his head and I looked into his eyes. I gasped.

"Mystery! Your name's gonna be Mystery!"

He neighed like he was agreeing and I laughed.

"All right Mystery. You like that huh?"

He neighed again.

"His name ain't Mystery. It's Bill." Someone said behind me.

I jumped a mile and turned around. I huffed when I saw the amused look on Gabriel's face. I punched him in the chest hard.

"Do you have to sneak up on me like that?! God!" I yelled.

He chuckled and I glared at him.

"Jerk." I huffed.

He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"His name's not Bill." I said as I turned back towards Mystery.

I heard him start to walk around.

"No of course it ain't." He said sarcastically.

My teeth clenched and I rolled my eyes. I kept petting Mystery as Gabriel's eyes burnt holes in my back.

I turned around quickly to give him some choice words but my feet got caught in each other and I fell over. Before I could hit the floor, two arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me up. My breathing was hectic as I felt claustrophobia kick in.

I quickly scrambled out of the pair of arms around me and turned towards the owner of them. Gabriel looked at me confused. I slowly calmed my breathing and looked at him, fear pulsing through my veins.

"Don't touch me." I whispered.

His brows furrowed and he backed up.

"Sorry. I was trying to stop you from hittin' the ground." He said.

I closed my eyes and an image of Justin filled my brain....

No.

I opened my eyes and turned back towards Mystery. I started petting him as I calmed down; breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. Gabriel's stare was constant as it bore holes in my back. I turned around, slower this time.

"Would you stop staring at me?" I whispered.

He stared at me.

"What do you want?" I huffed, setting my hands on my hips.

He shook his head.

"Why Mystery?"

I sighed and turned back towards Mystery.

"Because it suits him." I said quietly.

"And how is that?" He asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I rolled my eyes.

"He's a mystery. Like how he won't listen to you but he listened to me. I mean you've been workin' here for who knows how long and you can't control a stallion? Pitiful."

I glanced at him and saw....something.....

"But when I come here the horse listens to me like I was raised on a farm. Which I definitely wasn't. He's a mystery."

Gabriel looked at Mystery and nodded thoughtfully. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Well if you name 'em, he's yours."

My brows shot up.

"Excuse me?"

He chuckled.

"Did I stutter?"

I clenched my jaw angrily.

"And that means you gotta take care a him." He added.

I rolled my eyes.

"Piece of pie." I said confidently.

He shook his head and chuckled again.

"That's what you think."

I rolled my eyes again.

"Honey don't doubt my skills."

He laughed loudly. His laugh echoed in the barn, sounding like bells in a church.

"Skills? Yeah right!"

He was laughing so hard that he was clutching his stomach. I glared at him.

"I'm sorry cowgirl but your gonna need some help tomorrow." He said, still chuckling quietly.

I smiled a fake smile.

"Don't worry cowboy. It's in my blood." I said and walked out of the barn, hearing his laugh ring behind me.

Okay so what do you think about Gabriel? Or Grayson? Or William? Which one's your favorite so far? Hehe mine's well.....I think mine's Grayson. Anywho hope you enjoyed chapter two!! I'm sorry it's not that long and I promise I'll try to make them longer....Anyway please fan, vote and comment!! Please? Thanks!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.4K 22
"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next room. If they caught me, I was dead. I le...
109 0 13
"Who the fuck are you?" I state. Why the hell is some random ass man standing right outside my door. "Your new bestfriend!" He smirks. Cameron is 19...
2.2M 66.8K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao (first wrote when I was like 15) Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're g...
289K 9.1K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...