My Last Request- Newt Death C...

By macaronilove

She chose to leave her safe life and be with a life near death Just to be with him She chose to leave everyth... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
A/N
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
NOTE!
16
17
18
19
20
21
21 pt.2
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
TISSUES
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Epilogue
Final note!! (Important)
Death Cure Movie

29

1.3K 53 3
By macaronilove

"Skylar what happened?" Newt rubbed her back as she let out her sobs.

She didn't answer. Her vitality was drained. Her fears and tensions were being washed away by his comfort.

"I'm sorry for leavin' you. I was just takin' a walk in the woods and rested 'ere by the bloody cliff." He said in a low tone.

The gunshots. She remembered. Her eyes traced on Newt's pants until it fell into his patched pocket.

A gun was hanging inside it.

She untagled her arm from Newt and reached out for the gun.

But Newt immediately caught it. And his hand landed on the pary where the nail was bored into earlier.

"Shuck" She yelped and he released his grip immediately.

He grabbed that arm again with a gentle grip, a few inches away from the cloth that covered her wound. "What happened to this?" His face filled with concern.

She wiped the tears from her eyes as she observed Newt completely sealing the bandage. "Some crank attacked me earlier. The fight was nasty"

"There ya' go!" He showed her what he had done. Showing it off as if it was his masterpiece. "I know a thing or two about bloody bandages." He chuckled.

His face got a little blurry. And her head throbbed once more. Her knees began to shake. Ugh.

Suddenly, her body collapsed. But Newt immediately caught her in his arms.

"Skylar?" Newt tried to shake of her head that was placed on his arm. "Hey"

Her eyes were half opened as she was facing the scenery of the glorious sun rose from the ocean, that was a hundred feet below the cliff.

"I'm alright" She spoke in a low tone. "I just didn't sleep well and I'm awfully tired and scared"

"What happened back there?" He asked.

"Please, let us not talk about it." But I need to ask him about those gunshots. "Let's just say that my ass was saved by a couple of gunshots that scared of those crazies." She tried to put humor while opening the topic up.

Newt, who was still carrying her in his arms, sat down a few inches from the edge of the cliff. "I guess even when I'm away I'll still be 'er to save you" He smirked.

"So the gun shot did came from you?" She looked up to him. The sun rays piercing his face. Revealing the scars that was carved into his face. His face distracted her from bringing up the topic.

"Newt are you trying to kill yourself again?"

His brown eyes met hers. And his face went a little pale. He raised his eyebrows. "Again? When?"

Back inside that maze. She mentally answered him. He doesn't remember what happened last night. I guess I'm safe. Since I kinda told him everything. And that kiss. "Last night"

"I don't remember anythin'. Shuck. Oh maybe it's because I took a few bliss from your pocket, if you don't mind, and "er" A let out a huge sigh.

"Newt you lost it last night." Her tone was serious. "We were screaming and fighting. You tried to kill yourself." And even asked me to kill you.

She didn't dive into the details and everything. Although the scenery of their kiss was still burning in her brain.

The gun caught her eye. It was just a few inches from her reach.
It slid out of Newt's side pocket and was laying on the ground.

She extended her arm and reached it. But Newt caught it before she could even grab the gun.

"Just promise me one thing" She crawled her hand back. Then her eyes met his. The splis of the sunrays striking at his face. "Please don't try killing yourself again. And please throw that gun away."

"I don't know Sky but somethin's still pullin' me back from doing so. It's like I have this some sort of bloody mission or thing that I can't fail or end yet. It's weird. So that means I'm not gon'na try go yet" He smirked. "And about that gun. I'm not throwin' that bastard away. It's for protection"

"Well it did save my ass earlier" She recalled the events. Newt raised his brow looking confused.

"I almost klunked my pants when a crank almost peeled my skin earlier. But all of them got scared by your multiple gun shots." She made a weak smile. Her body was still tired with all the running and fighting that she'd experience.

"Maybe I'm always there to save ya'" A smile was painted on his lips. And their eyes were connected for a few good seconds.

But the rays from the sun caused her gaze to drift. She stared at the horizon.

The yellowish- red ball of fire rose from the ocean. It's color collaborating with the movement of the waves.

A tiny detail that seemed so insignificant caught Skylar's attention.

Miles away from her. An island that was a speck, floating on the ocean was seen. She didn't know what's the size of that landmass. It was too far to be concluded.

Somehow, This island might be considered paradise. It seems to isolate itself from the world. Away from the disease. Away from the cranks. Away from WICKED. If only we could live there. Life seems to be peaceful and simple. She mentally laughed at that thought. But then again my reality is a bitch.

"When did you exactly caught the flare?" Newt broke the silence.

Skylar got out of her position. She was a little heavy and Newt was still carrying her. She has enough energy now to move.She sat beside him and raised her brow. "What do you mean exactly?"

"I've never had seen you break loose. I mean I did once or twice but never like those crazies back at that buggin' palace. Just like what I said you're sanely insane." He chuckled. But she knew he was serious with his question.

"A few days before I was brought it. Those were my dark times, Newt. But as soon as my family advised me to take the Bliss while I'm living there, I somehow can control it." I hate lying to you but I shucking have too. Don't worry soon you'll know. And you'll remember. I hope.

"You can absolutely control it." He chuckled. Suddenly his expression dropped. "Maybe I just need to reach Denver before goin' down." He made a weak smile.

"Want did I just tell you?" She tried to act all superior. "Don't kill yourself or even try! Newt don't you still have hope?"

He guffawed. "Hope? Lost it a long long long time ago"

"Don't you believe that there's uhm a cure?" Although, she doesn't believe it herself. I'm only trying to keep his hopes up.

"That bloody cure. It'll be found when we're all buried."

Janson's words.

"Of course you won't catch it early but sooner or later it will happen. Anyway we are absolutely working for the cure. I just doubt that you're alive or sane enough when that happens."

She wasn't sure if that was the thing that triggered him from saying those words or it's just that he had enough experience to conclude so.

"If you think someone else, rather than this WICKED that you're talking about is behind the search for the cure, then do you think it's possible?" She haven't thought of that until now.

"No bloody idea." Newt rose his head and seems to be tinkering with that thought. "It also seems impossible. WICKED had already kidnapped a lot of those munies. But still maybe there's another way, rather than killin' or experimentin' people. We'll never know." A smile crooked on his face.

Is that a hint of hope? But still Skylar knew that she was giving him false hope. If such thing did exist, how sure are we that we're going to get that cure? Or being processed cure? My mind is already messed up. Well atleast I gave him something.

"Just promise me again that you won't try to kill yourself" She asked fro assurance.

"I promise." He chuckled and gave her shoulder a light punch. "Who's gon'na save ya'? I can't leave ya' yet shuckface! Just let me know if I'm loosing it you sanely insane crank!"

He was actually laughing again. I can't leave you yet. Those word also made her smile.

"Ya' hungry?" He reached something from his other pocket. "I got some fruits along the way. Here have some banana"

"Thank you. Thought you'd never ask" She chukled and ate the fruit.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you guys!"

---------

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE EVERYONE! LOVE YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.7K 45
They thought Thomas was the only one who could cure the flare, but there were tales of a savior who could cure full-blown cranks.... even if they wer...
13.4K 349 26
Second Book to Malevolent Maze "Teresa!" I sat upright after Thomas called out her name. Groggily, I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking over a...
23.9K 549 78
"You think your good enough for that?" "Tell that to the man you have to bury." *************************************************** The Scorch Rea...
79.9K 1.7K 78
Imagine... You are sent up into the Maze instead of Teresa. You're scared alone and the only girl. But one boy in particular makes you feel welcome...