Figments || FIN

By ShootingStarsxo

Like everything else, this is a figment of my imagination. *Undergoing revision* FIN: 12:23:16 More

Beginners Note
0.1 : Ur
0.2: Centipede
0.3: Reminders
0.4: Coffee x Bed Peace
0.5: Heart Breaker
0.6: Swap it Out
0.7: Acquaint
0.8: Next
0.9: Gone
0.10: The Knowing
0.11: Flatline
0.12: Let it Breathe
0.13: Flying Solo
0.14: Untitled
Update 0.1
0.16: What Kind of Love
0.17: Him 0.1
0.18: "I just needed to hear you say it."
0.19: Ghost Can't Love
0.20: PIM
0.21: Rambling
0.22: Coke
0.23: Sucka
0.24: Weekend
0.25: Wave
4 My 1 - 0.1
4 My 1 - 0.2
0.26: Next : I'm falling out of love.
0.27: Let's Get Married
0.28: Thirsty: "Does he love you?"
0.29: "You did what now?"
0:30: "He's actually ok."
0.31: Say Goodbye // FIN

0.15: Fear

19 1 2
By ShootingStarsxo

A/N: The last chapter does not have a title. I didn't forget to add one or anything. Later on, I may just add Untitled so it doesn't stand out so much.

"This feeling isn't new." - Drake: Fear

    After lunch with Aaron, Aria found herself going home. The day went by faster than she anticipated. She wasn't complaining though. Of course she loved her job but when the clock struck five o'clock, Aria was throwing her satchel over her shoulder, grabbing any paper work she wanted to finish before the next day, and closing down her office before shuffling out of the building and to her car.

The urge to stuff food down her throat and catch up on shows on Netflix before crashing on the sofa in her pajamas swept over her as soon as she started the engine of car.

"I'm ok."

"No you're not." Lanae said, looking from the TV to her friend.
   The two girls had been watching Supernatural for less than fifteen minutes. Lanae assumed the small sobs she heard were sobs of laughter but as they continued ten minutes in, she realized nothing was that funny.

"I'm not ok." Aria began to sob, stuffing another pint of Caramel Cookie Crunch gelato into her mouth. She didn't feel like lying to herself like she typically did. Claiming she was ok wasn't going to solve anything or improve the situation. Thinking so was rare and if she was in her right mind, the realization would've shocked her.

"Baby girl, give me the spoon and chew before you choke."

"What's the point?" She sobbed, removing the spoon from her mouth, handing it to her friend and chewing. A hiccup escaped her plump lips as she did so. Choking on chunks of caramel cookies were the least of her concerns.

Lanae sighed.

"Look, as much as I hate to say it, you over analyze every single detail in your life. You need to chill. I'm not defending him because trust me, he's slacking in the support area. However, if he claimed prior to this that no one should be more important than the two of you as a whole then I'm sure that means something." She said, holding the spoon.

"Did he even go hang out with that girl the day that he was supposed to?" She asked, confusion molding her face as she slapped a hand on her hip and flung the spoon into midair.

"No." Aria croaked, "But if I wasn't there, he would have."

"Girl," Lanae groaned as she flipped her Malaysian bundles over her shoulder. "So what? You basically signed up for it. I know I sound horrible but you wanted me to tell you what you would tell yourself. You guys have no restrictions or rules to your relationship. What can you do?"

"I noticed. When have you ever acquired the word prior? Who are you?" Lanae laughed and plopped down beside her.

"Girl, shut up." Lanae sighed before continuing," It's going to be ok, I promise."

"Nah. You know we don't make promises." Aria scoffed, snatching her spoon back and taking another bite of her gelato.

Lanae adjusted her position and looked at her friend with a mug.

"Umm..ok. I'm gonna let that one slide because if I don't, it'll result into one of your little attitudes. I'm not dealing with it. I just think you need to chill. You guys met over the Internet. You can't expect everything to be one hundred, okay? You don't know him. He doesn't know you."

Aria's eyes looked away from the television and over towards her friend. Lanae was straight up hood. As hood as it got. She could act proper, when needed however, that didn't change the fact that she didn't take any mess. The fact that she didn't say hunded but hundred caught her off guard. Aria's personality had grown on Lanae, vice versa.

Aria could use slang and catch a stereotypical attitude from time to time but other than that, she had learned to be conservative and was well behaved for the most part.

"So tell me why you had to go so quickly during your lunch break?"

Aria chewed on her lower lip.

"Well, I saw Aaron."

"You saw Aaron?" Lanae questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Who's Aaron?"

"The guy from the plane. The one that you said I smelt like."

Lanae's eyes grew wide.

"Oh my gosh! You saw him? What? How?"

"I saw him sitting in the cafè. I've never seen him before. Sure, I rarely pay attention to the people at my job unless I have to associate with them but trust me, I would've noticed this one."

"Owe, so he's this one, now?"

Aria laughed before stuffing another spoonful into her mouth and shaking her head.

"Mhm." Lanae responded.

"It's not like that at all. We sat down and talked about business."

"Girl." Her friend responded with a smirk. "You don't have to lie to me. I know what really went down. Maybe that's a sign. The man upstairs is tryna throw a Twinkie at you. You better take em' or I'll take him for you." 

Aria began to howl, little chunks of chocolate chips began to poke at her throat and she tried her hardest not to choke.

"I can't." Aria gasped as she shifted on the cushion. Lanae smirked at her friend for a while before chuckling herself. Before long, the two were settling back into the cushions, enjoying the series and dozing off.

      Lanae groaned as she felt something kick at her side. Lanae shifted but another kick washed over her. Sucking her teeth she sat up and stared at her friend.
    "Pst." She tried, attempting to get her friends attention. Aria lay peacefully, a blanket tangled around her petite frame.
   "Hey." Lanae tried again. Still, her friend didn't move.
   "Dude." Lanae groaned, kicking the girl the same way she had done before. Aria yelped and sat up.
   "What?" She asked.
   "Can you not?"
   "Dude, you've been kicking me. Wake up."
   "Ok, dang. What do you want me to do? Say sorry?"

Lanae glared at her friend and she glared back.

"What?"

"I'm waiting for you to say sorry."

Aria let out a husky laugh and shifted back into her sleeping position.

"Man, no."

"Aria."

"Lanae."

"Dude." Lanae stated, sternly.

"What?" Aria groaned, yanking off her blanket and rising from the couch. "I can't ever get any sleep around here. Gah. Always talking to me. Like shut up, Lanae. I ain't mean to kick you. You ain't have to wake me up like that, man."

Aria's jaw was tensed as she sucked her teeth and trailed into the kitchen. Her feet paddled against the wooden floor and soon the sound of a refrigerator door opening was evident.

Pulling out a meal prep she made earlier this morning, she placed it on the counter and grabbed a bottle of Lipton Peach Tea. Pressing a single button on the microwave, it opened. She placed the bowl into the confinement and shut the door, setting the timer for a minute. A noise of warmth began to fill the kitchen.

"Are you bringing something back over?" Lanae called after thirty seconds had passed.

"No..?" Aria questioned, scrunching up her face in the process.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Aria grabbed her food and tea before switching off the light with her elbow and heading towards her room.

"Can you at least grab me a water?" Lanae questioned.

A door slamming was the only response she received.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8M 828K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
672K 18.6K 54
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
MIRACLE By Ara

Teen Fiction

262K 9.6K 41
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
44.3M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...