Missy Attitude

By HippyHilda

Spoiled, stubborn, and rude. Those three adjectives describe Lemont High's queen bee, Melissa "Missy" Alexand... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(Epilogue)
I miss them (Another book?)

(8)

987 33 3
By HippyHilda

Donovan

I looked through my closet and was stuck on what I should wear to this football game tonight. Most of my clothes needed to be washed at the moment.

"Bruh, hurry up! The game start at 8 pm." Bennett barked as him and Will barged in my room.

"Chill out. Some of us actually like to look decent, Ben."

Ben smacked his teeth and stuck his middle finger up at me. I shook my head and pulled out a pair of faded joggers from a hanger.

"Aye, bruh so guess who tutoring Will?" Ben asked with a small smirk on his face. I glanced over at Will waiting for one of them to say something.

"I don't like guessing, so come on out with it," I said as I put on the joggers on over my shorts.

"Your girl, Missy."

"Is that right...How that happened? I know she ain't just volunteer to help the less intelligent," I joked.

"Fuck you bro," Will looked up from his phone and finally broke his silence.

"I can just imagine you drooling over her as she attempts to help you with them equations," Ben added.

"Ben, you shut up too. You the same dude who was moping over Ash for how long? Don't act brand new cause Shana in the picture now." Will snapped and shook his head. I could tell that he was irritated.

"Woah, woah. You good, Will? I'm sensing your lightskin tendencies taking over," I joked once more about how he was acting.

"It's whatever. Y'all hurry up, I'll be in the truck waiting."

Will got up from my bed and strolled out quietly. Me and Ben looked at each other, confused as to why he was acting soft tonight.

"What's his problem?" I finally asked Ben.

He shrugged. "Who knows? It might be because of Missy. You know Will swear he got a chance with her, but you kind of blocking."

"Nah, I doubt it. Will would've said it by now," I commented before changing into a clean black shirt from my drawer and putting on my ball cap.

"Alright, let's go." I looked at myself in the closet mirror and nodded in approval just as I slid in my black vans.

When we got downstairs to the parking lot, I made it my business to ask Will what his deal was. The last thing I needed was a sour puss amongst us that were trying to have a good time.

"Aye, Will you alright?" I asked while getting in the back seat just he started the truck back up.

"I'm straight. Put y'all seat belts on too," he reminded us. His tone wasn't as tense as it was when we were in my apartment.

"This not about me trying to get at Missy, is it?"

Will cackled and shook his head. "Although, I think the whole bet is stupid...nah, it's not about her. Just stuff on the home front."

"You going to tell us what's going on or we gotta guess?" Ben questioned.

"Ain't nothing really. Just drop it."

I raised my hands and let it go. "Okay, then. Let's go."

"Y'all know who all gone be at this thing after the game?" Will asked he drove out of the lot and proceeded down the road to our school's campus.

"Well, it is Rodrick's Getty..." Ben mentioned.

"Which means all the bad shorties from Lemont gone be there," I added. "Watch I pull the baddest one."

"Doubt it," Will wasn't convinced.

"Damn, now you doubting me too? You been hanging around Ben too much lately." I shook my head as if I were offended by his words.

"I mean, think about it. Rodrick's functions are notorious for being hunting grounds for every athlete at Lemont."

"So what?" My brows knotted up.

"Bruh, the only game you or Ben play is 2K or madden."

Will was making valid points, but my ego would not admit it. I always took stuff like this as a challenge.

"Me and Don played baseball freshmen year. Technically, we student-athletes too." Will laughed as he pulled up to Lemont and looked for a parking spot.

"Haaaa, keep telling yourself that Ben."

I started to laugh as well. Bennett knew damn well that us playing on the JV baseball team for two weeks to impress particular girls didn't qualify us as being athletes.

I squeezed Bennett's shoulder once the car stopped to give him a word of advice. "Do me a favor. Never speak of those two terrible weeks again because we didn't even know how to hit the ball." I hopped out of the backseat before he could reply with a sly remark.

"We late as usual," Will said he walked up beside me. I simply shrugged.

"It ain't like we missing nothing." I assured him once we made it to the bleachers. It was packed in the stands as we expected it to be, so it was harder to find a seat somewhere.

"Aye, y'all see empty seats?" Bennett asked, scanning the premises. I was too busy looking at any potential eye candy that was near to even answer him.

Then, I noticed Missy and a her signature resting bitch face with a empty seat beside her. "Y'all go sit without me. I got work to put in," I said, leaving the two to fend for themselves.

"This seat taken?" I politely asked with a grin when walking up to her.

Instead of the warm welcome that I wanted, I was greeted with a typical eye roll. "Yes, it is," she replied before putting her phone on the bleacher as if it needed a seat.

I shook my head and removed the phone so that I could sit there. She yanked the phone from my hand. "Why you over here sitting by yourself? You waiting for me, babe..." I teased and she did not find that funny.

"What do you want, Woods? I'm really not in the mood for whatever this game you're pulling tonight," I noticed that her eyes were fixed on Kenny and some basic looking girl that had no edges.

"Don't even trip 'bout that. She ok, but you a dime plus 10," I mumbled to her.

She narrowed her eyes over at me and looked back down at the field to watch the game without saying a word. Just as I was about to break the silence between us, a few girls waltzed on by.

"Hey, Don," they spoke unison. I nodded in reply and cracked a grin.

"Sup, ladies. Y'all looking good tonight." I told them while biting down on my bottom lip. All three of them did look enticing. Then, I remembered that I was supposed to be spitting game to the bitter betty beside me.

"So, back to you. You like football or you just here to grace us with your presence?"

"Ash is out there cheering, so I'm always going to support her. Football is okay though," she said, still not paying me any attention.

"That's cute."

"Mhmm. Stop the small talk, Donovan. Why you been on me lately?" Missy's suspicious eyes glared at me once more.

"I-I like you, duh," I convincingly lied through my teeth.

Missy smacked her teeth. "Fuck outta here with that. We were just going at it a few weeks ago."

"Yeah, I know. Ain't that typically what guys do when they like a girl...It's just friendly banter."

"We not even friends though," she snapped back.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. How about we start over fresh then? So, can we be friends?"

"Whatever."

I wasn't satisfied with her answer, but it'll do for now. "So, that means you'll give me your number then?" I inquired with furrowed brows.

"Absolutely not," she said.

"Fine, well let me at least save mine in your phone," I suggested while getting a full glimpse of her small but perky chest.

Missy sighed. "If I let you save your number in my phone, will you leave me alone for the rest of the night?"

"Yeah, sure. Just promise you'll use my number though," I told her.

A small chuckle along with a smile released from her mouth. There that smile was again...if only she did that more often. "You laughing at me?" I gathered from the expression on her face.

"No, but I should be. I'm looking at our mascot over there fooling around," she pointed to Mr. Buccaneer, who was hitting every dance that had came out in the last decade.

"You should smile more often, Missy. It fits you better."

Missy didn't say anything, she just handed me her phone. "Save your number and leave me alone, please. Your persistence is annoying."

I took it from her and put my number in. I also called my phone because knowing Missy, she wasn't going to call me and I needed to get her number somehow.

"Here you go," I handed her the phone back.

"Okay, you can go now. I have your number, Woods. Anything else?"

"Promise me you'll actually use my number sometime," I said, biting down on my top lip.

"I don't make promises that I don't want to keep..." she spoke with such attitude. I stood up and mentally rolled my eyes.

"Hmm, your sass is starting to turn me on." I joked before walking down to where Bennett and Will were conversing with some familiar faces.

"I saw you up there trying to mack my boy." Ben cackled shook his head. "She ain't look like she was feeling it."

"Well, duh. Missy knows what's up." Will added.

I ignored them both and decided to text Missy right quick to mess with her.

8:43 pm
Don: you miss me yet?

I glanced up from my phone see her reaction face and she was rolling her eyes as I expected.

8:45 pm
Missy: not even a little bit...

8:45 pm
Don: I love it when you talk dirty to me

8:47 pm
Missy: 😒

Although she was being her typical mean self, it was a positive that she was actually responding to my texts. I had all the confidence that I'd have her heart soon now.

"Forget what either one of y'all say. Ben, you gone be paying me my money when it's all set and done bro."

Vote, comment, and whatever else...

Will Missy eventually softened up to Don?

Is Don's game as good as he thinks it is?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The North By Yon Kinto

General Fiction

333 60 27
Johannesburg's social scene is as complex as it is dangerous, and nowhere is this more evident than the Northern suburbs of the city. Follow the adve...
5.3K 131 25
(っ◔◑◔)っ β™₯ YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO CELEBRATE MARYEL'LE & LEROI'S NUPTIALS! β™₯ 𝑫𝒐 π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’π’—π’Šπ’•π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’? ❑ 𝐬𝐭𝐚�...
3.3K 110 21
Jasmine died. The baby died. So Chris is left alone to raise Christina and Jacquees and Cassie. Can he do it? Will he find another love? Or will he b...
43.9K 1.7K 12
Two bestfriends, Jeno and Jaemin, likes the same guy while Renjun is insecure.