The Trail on Night

By soffier_writes

Ian is preoccupied. With high school finals coming up, he's quite worried about his good grades, even more so... More

Pace Dominates the Cafeteria (Ian's POV)
Boy, Ian Loves Pringles (PACE'S POV)

PROLOUGE

25 2 10
By soffier_writes

"Jessa, darling," Oak, the head Empousai, or so I assume, drawls,"join us. You don't need anyone. Your strong." She coaxed, trying to force me to join their little colt. I barely remember coming to the little cave I am now in, but I ignored that.

"Excuse me, Oak. I would like to leave, not join you girls. I'm truly sorry, but I would rather not like to join... you." I smirked. "I don't want to look like a bronze statue!" I lied.

"Spoken like a true Daughter of Aphrodite." Aphrodite? Really? "Don't worry, darling. If you join us, you can stay a pretty little child. If you don't, you die." She said calmly, stroking my chocolate and blonde hair. If only she knew she hadn't thought she realized the truth about my godly parentage... Then she wouldn't want me to be here at all. And really, of all of the goddesses I could've subconsciously chose,  

"Let go of me!" I screamed. I had had enough of these girl's shit. I wanted to go home to James, and Cayden, and even Page. Suprisingly, Oak let me go, leaving with Siena and Ambrosia. I wonder how that girl got her name. I dashed for it, only to be catched by Siena herself, who had recovered.

"Charmspeak? Pmsh. I could do better." She teased. Could? I thought. Maybe she was my sister... I quickly rejected the thought. The Co-Empousai left, locking the door of the cave, which I hadn't noticed prior, but not after dropping me some clothes. Nude combat boots, grey sweatpants and a maroon croptop, which I assumed was for day wear. Next to it were some softer sweats, in black, with a matching fuzzy top and also fuzzy socks. I went over to my makeshift bed, also in black in maroon, and drifted to sleep.

Not so great for me, though. Instantly I plunged into a nightmare.

"Jess?" Ian asked, using my nickname. "Where are you?"

Right Here! I wanted to yell, but my vocal cords were locked tight. Behind him there was a giant, I think it was a Langostrian Giant. It looked at me in the eye, or in my general direction and said, "One who is close is farther then you shall be." What does that mean? I try and force myself out of this nightmare, as Mr. Langy tortures Ian. I can't watch, but you can't just close your eyes in a dream. That's, well, dream thinking.

Tears streamed down my now teary face. "Calm down." said a calm voice. "Join me instead." I wriggled around in my semi-soft, semi-hard comforter. "Join me..." The voice whisped away as I woke up in a cold sweat, wriggling and squealing.

"Jessa?" Oak asked, barging in. Perhaps this girl does care about me more than I realized. I was sweating, and Siena ran in with a cold towel. "Put that on her forehead." Oak commanded. She handed me a pill, which I took, not quite sure. Oak motioned for me to swallow, and swallow I did.

Needless to say, I blacked out. Because, you know, they probably wanted me to rest.

And there you have it! The first chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 29.4K 64
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
263K 14.5K 113
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
194K 2.8K 30
𝘽. - ❝ 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡... ❞ Blair Kinney, the daughter of the well-known actor...
476K 39.4K 108
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)